DC

>DC
>okay, we fucked up but we'll make it better
>we're focusing on our best and most popular characters
>we're getting the best writers we can
>and we have the best editors to make sure everything works well together
>and we have this huge event we've been building up towards for the last two years
>here's a teaser of dr. manhattan, shhhh
>if nobody buys those issues we'll take them back to help you out, can't have you guys going out of business
>we've listened to everything you said and our writers are very open to talking about our comics in hopes of improving them

>Marvel
>it's all your fault but i guess we can do something to stop your whining
>fuck these straight white men, let's make them female queer persons of color
>we got this one person from tumblr to write a comic, i'm sure they'll do fine
>editors? oh yeah we got those too... there, that person holding the mop is an editor!
>did you like that last event and the one right after it? there's another event and we got another one after it! what do you mean it's ruining comic runs?
>here's some hydra clothing, everyone better support what has widely been regarded as a substitute for nazis
>take all these issues and here's some more you didn't ask for, hope you like paying more for shipping you didn't account for
>fuck you

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2011/10/20/the-spinning-pennies-of-marvel’s-isaac-perlmutter/
comicsbeat.com/titling-at-windmillls-259-what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-marvel-comics-anyway/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is this the result of being owned by Disney, or something else?

It's less a result of being owned by Disney and more a result of their tactics being so PR heavy that they can't back down without significant backlash.

Courting tumblr is only a good idea until they turn on you, which the inevitably do.

why is anyone mad about marvel getting comic shop owners to dress like hydra to hype this event where hydra's taken over society? It's like wearing a stormtrooper outfit to a star wars con, you're not actually supporting the empire.

Because when you court and market yourself almost exclusively to a bunch of easily offended overly sensitive casuals that mostly only know Hydra from when they were Oppressive Double Nazis in the movies, this is what you get.

This is pretty accurate. I've been on the marvel side for my whole life but the neverending SJW bullshit, identity poltics forced into every title, forced diversity, and what at this point is an increasingly thinly veiled general dislike of whites, finally pushed me into brand divorce.

I'll keep enjoying the MCU, until the cancer spreads there too, which is probably inevitable.

They courted, catered to, and became co-opted by people who don't like comics, don't like people who read comics, and generally look down on the entire industry with disdain.

Hydra has always been an analogue for something very real world though. And I know you can make the same claim for the Empire emulating the Nazis, bit there's enough differences to make it okay. Genocide was never on the Empire's agenda, they just wanted to rule everything. In fact, them wipping out the Jedi makes them more like China, destroying Tibetan Buddhism.

>Genocide was never on the Empire's agenda

They blow up a planet in the first movie my man.

>Implying they didn't deserve it

Why did Marvel get like this in the past decade or so? No sarcasm. I'm actually curious. Even the New52 didn't feel as screwy as Marvel nowadays, and it was pretty screwy.

Remember when SJWs tried to influence the gaming industry? Then we had gamergate.

Well, imagine that but SJWs actually took over Marvel Comics.

Eventually they'll realize it's not profitable and cleanse the SJWs. Gotta hit rockbottom first though.

>it's another Company Wars thread

Because the people they pander to don't read comics and usually just get their Comics from screenshots from websites like buzzfeed.

we wouldn't have to deal with these types of threads if we just did what needs to be done

You know five years ago it was reversed, Marvelfags2were shitting up the board with "Reset the clock" posts and constantly bitching about the worst titles of New 52 while refusing to acknowledge the better titles from that line at the time.

Disney kicked Ike the Kike off the movies and the result has been billions of dollars.

You can hate the Mouse all you want but they absolutely know what they're doing. It's Marvel Comics that's treading water.

To be fair DC did some stuff like that Harley contest. But yeah a lot of it was blown out of proportion.

I like DC comics right now, but that doesn't mean I like the DCEU far from it.

I just want good cape comics. Is that hard to ask for?

They didn't build that thing with Alderan's name on it, it wasn't made for genocide, it was made to rule everyone through fear, Tarkin straight up says it. It could have been any planet, the Empire didn't care.

Agreed, and today a lot of Marvel stuff is blow out of proportion, all anyone ever wants to talk about is comics they don't like and stuff in comics that triggers them. When Marvel said that upsetting fans made them talk about the comics more I shook my head and laughed, but lo and behold, Sup Forums proves them right everyday.

>destroying a planet funding a terrorist organization is genocide

Company Wars aren't the enemy, the fact that discussing the movies here, that's the cancer destroying this board. This place really changed back when the Marvel movies really started taking off. The company wars are just a symptom of the retarded fags who come here who know nothing of these characters other than what they see in movies, cartoons, and TV shows.

No this is worse. Marvel has screwed over so many comics and has made some incredibly damaging things for a long time. DC wouldn't kill off most of their iconic characters, they wouldn't constantly do events and relaunches to ruin cataloging and confuse readers, they wouldn't force comics on people and threaten their bottom line, they wouldn't point fingers at others and talk shit about the competition nonstop.

This is stuff companies would fire half their employees over. This is constant PR nightmares and extremely bad choices.

Gamergate started with vidya jornalism, not with the sjw
Untill of course Sup Forums ruined evrything making all pointless and worse than before

>using the term narutard in 2017
2007 was literally 10 years ago user. Now jojofags are all the hotness with the added benefit of actually being annoying.

gabbagabba started with Sup Forums going paranoid that an unremarkable girl who cooked up a ''''''''game''''''' that was like 500MB in size had been cheating on her BF in exchange for reviews
and the only reviews they could actually link to these alleged relations weren't even flattering, they were faint praise at best.
and the only reason they gave a shit about her in the first place was because she was an sjw

I won't deny they stumbled across some actually skeevy shit along the way, but from day minus-one the whole shebang revolved around picking out sjw's they didn't like and digging up whatever dirt on them they could find

and at the end of the day all it accomplished was giving mainstream media and excuse to give SJW's even more attention to further avoid covering topics that might rock the boat

>Why did Marvel get like this in the past decade or so?
bleedingcool.com/2011/10/20/the-spinning-pennies-of-marvel’s-isaac-perlmutter/

comicsbeat.com/titling-at-windmillls-259-what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-marvel-comics-anyway/

Well look at it this way man. Disney only cares about the movies and they're good. While the comic side is complete crap. I know everybody is looking for a scapegoat but the only thing killing Marvel is Marvel

Alderaan is quite the birth place of the Rebellion. This is the only terrible thing we see the Empire do

>This is the only terrible thing we see the Empire do
0/10 - you're not even trying.

That was clearly the work of sand people

> you're not actually supporting the empire.
Excuse me? The Empire was always right you little shit and I will gladly wear my Stormtrooper uniform with pride you rebel scum!

>That was clearly the work of sand people
"They didn't. But we are meant to think they did. These tracks are side by side. Sandpeople always ride single file to hide their numbers."

Well maybe the Sand People framed the Stormtroopers, did you think of that smart ass?

He also said the blasts were to accurate for sand people. Didn't stop one of them from snipping Anakins pod when it was going over 600miles an hour

Obi-Wan knows fuck all

And the Chinese have never committed mass murder have they user? It's not like Mao has the fucking high score or anything

BECAUSE THEY WUZ NAATZEEES ANND SHIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!!!!

Weird turn of events for this thread.

Also, that whole race of bugs who literally had their planet gassed by the Imps.