Awesome stuff from comics OTHER THAN THE ACTUAL COMICS (INCLUDING COVERS) THEMSELVES

Awesome stuff from comics OTHER THAN THE ACTUAL COMICS (INCLUDING COVERS) THEMSELVES.

Letters, editor's columns, ads, etc.

Bonus points if it's shit that would never be published today (pic related).

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=47569
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>shit that would never be published today

Don't have it with me right now but in the Dec issue of JLvsSS there's a Christmas card in between the pages

>I wrote a book about three times three years ago

....What???

This is almost a copypasta

someone do a good photoshop and make the name at the bottom to Brian Bendis, lol

rip.

lol

what did this run in?

>Shelling out your shekels
Well, at least Stan's being honest about his Jewish heritage

pretty much everytime Giffen and DeMatteis' teams up they put something funny or witty in the credits box

Ah yes, that icon of feminist women's lib, 70s OG bloodthirsty "AND WITHOUT DANGER MY LIFE IS EMPTY" Lady Shiva.

Larson used to do that a lot in Savage Dragon too

Anyone have Kurt Busiek writing in to tell Chris Claremont he's ruining the X-Men and that he has now stopped buying them for a second time?

The only real beef that I have with Claremont is that he took the Marvel "lets make comic books serialized dramas" concept ball and ran with it right off the deep end. At least with Excalibur, he seemed to be a little bit more jovial about it

Excalibur may be my favorite Claremont, it's a close tie with Sienkiewicz era New Mutants and Paul Smith Uncanny

Does this count as good?

>Trick Black Soap
>Hitler look-a-like draw

>all the shit labeled "harmless"

> cartoon set in 20's-50's
> products advertise "safe" asbestos
It's a joke that I always love

Oh man I'm tempted to write this and send it to Marvel's ketter column once they get a Punisher comic out again.

See if they publish it again.

hah, how many hours in ms paint?

It's safe to assume they'd notice.

Bump

>6
Good to know, because Dan Slott /hates/ it when people call him Dan.

>8
*Copyright striked*

I suddenly felt like I was reading Sup Forums.

John McCrea's first 2000AD published art.

Garth Ennis sends a letter to his favorite war comic. A few decades later, he'd be curating lavish hardcover collections of their best material.

Isn't there a Punisher comic coming out right now? Could have sworn there was an issue this month even.

And Warren Ellis gets profiled.

Forgot to add: McCrea is drawing the current Judge Dredd story.

>lived in a drug infested town in Massachusetts
Money says it was Chelsea before his family moved.

>Twin Peaks that low
Why? Was this during the show's awful second season?

I was reading one of Kyle's first solo issues for Green Lantern (53, specifically) and they were printing letters from GL fans during Emerald Twilight, excited to see Hal's progression towards redemption

If only they knew

HEAT

>"Let go of the post, Hal Jordan, and it will launch you into a brighter future. All you have to do is survive it!"

>"Even though GL has some of hte most cosmic powers in the comic-book world, the thing that, I think, sets him apart from others is the fact that he's very human. As he siad in issue #1, "I'm just a man. Finite and imperfect." As far as storylines go, I would like to see more new characters rather than old ones, new situations, more of Hal working with other heroes and GLs, more interesting supporting characters"
>The reply- "Talk about new situations..now Hal is infinite and imperfect. And you'll be getting plenty of new supporting characters with Kyle. What do you think of our first one, Alex?"

Fucking loved those things.

twin peaks BOMBED dude

only weirdos watched it

I love this so fucking much.

>Avengers v1 #128

Sup Forums casting threads before Sup Forums.

They weren't even subtle back then.

>Bill Paxton will never play Lobo ;_;

Wizard used to have those.

In fact, come to think of it, we should have "cool shit from 90s Wizard Magazine" threads on Sup Forums more often. They were fucking great in their early years.

Bravo Stan.

>an unusual name like Ryan
tfw you knew like ten Ryans in a school of like 400 kids.

You need to change the name he lists in the letter to Brian as well.

Blonde Brad Pitt doesn't fit Jean-Paul though.

>Raul Julia as Sinestro
>John Goodman as Kilowog
I feel depressed right now.

What year was this published?

July 1983.
comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=47569

Huh, that predates Byrne's Man of Steel by 3 or 4 years.

Maybe they were already preparing Crisis on Infinite Earths?

>worm ouroboros
But it's a serpent. Also this had to have been written right before Gwen was killed. Because that was when people realized the only thing Pete was left with was marrying Gwen and where's the conflict in that since they didn't want to have him face Gwen finding out that he's party responsible for her father's death.

is that THE peter hogan? they're a literal faggot either way

>we couldn't afford them anyway.
Kek

What were they even referring to?

Oh shit, is that the writer Steven Grant? What issue is that from?

Green Lantern v1 #21, if I didn't fuck up the filename.

I had two ryans in the same class whose last names were almost identical

I WANT THE SURPRISE BOX

Do comics still have letters pages? I haven't picked up a floppy in a while

Don't forget the one where you could buy an actual monkey and have them ship it to you in a box.

Does anyone have that letters page from The Invisibles where Morrison urges readers to have a collective magic wank to boost sales?

Mine is too dirty to scan.

Die you racist fucking idiot

Is it bad I can recognise this as Oglaf from the lettering alone?

19.99 now they cost 4000. Feh inflation.

my favorite thing about old comics are the letters columns cause they reveal that the all-too-real stereotype of the manchild fanboy has remained virtually unchanged for the last 40 years at least

Shut the fuck up you backwards thinking buffoon.. Go live in a trailer somewhere and keep your rotten poisonous horseshit to yourself..

I love old Hostess ads

Professor seems to be getting a little grabby with his beautiful daughter in that third panel.

The post was meant as a joke, I didn't mean anything against comic writers, just Jews.

:^^^^^^^)