How is it that a hack director made arguably the best film trilogy in history?

How is it that a hack director made arguably the best film trilogy in history?

>beter

you mean bad taste, braindead and meet the feebles

he had all the material available already.
it's like those hacks that run game of thrones, dabid and dan. they are complete morons but they managed a few good seasons when the source material all there in detailed writing. once they had to go off of grrm's bullet points, the idea crayons came out and it was a disaster

You don't know what a hack is if you think he is one. A director who's lost it maybe but not a hack.

>beter

How much control did he have back then? Also I think he only did the Hobbit because he didn't them to make it without him but he got lazy towards the end and just used CG for everything like George Lucas

That first Hobbit movie and even most of the second one is kino but the third one is absolute dogshit

solid casting tips from based harvey

The Hobbit was fucked because Peter wasn't there from the start.
He was handed a project that someone else had started, given no time to prepare and then told to make 3 movies.
Half the scenes he just came up with on the spot because he didn't have time to plan and had no storyboards.

With LOTR, he had 1-2 years to prepare before the first actor even arrived in New Zealand.

Probably because he was actually in control for all three movies.

This is pretty much the only exception, somebody else was going to be in control of the Hobbit series (one of his protege's I believe) but they backed out, and he was a last second replacement. He was literally so clocked out of anything Lord of the Rings that he just didn't give a shit anymore, and it shows

>colors trilogy
>Bergman's silence trilogy
>the dollars trilogy

>beter

FPBP
why can't I stop laughing

no jews

Die Hard is the best film trilogy in history

>no political agenda
>simply attempted to adapt source material best he could with highest fidelity possible
when your intentions are pure it's surprising how well it can turn out

>ideas crayons

lul

this. the man has made at least 6 good movies, thats more than most directors can say.

Prep time.

He was kept on tight leash, good source material, tolkien family being autist level on guarding their IP. Look at hobbit movies what train wreck they were after he wasnt on leash.

Peter fucked it up himself and actually first one was okey last 2 were fucking shit tier.

i dont get it

hobbit movies were halfway finished with preproduction before del toro got canned and massive rewrites happened. jackson just got kind of got dumped in the middle of a studio meddling shitstorm, so i dont 100% fault him for how bad they are

Because he had great source material, lot's of money, lot's of hardcore fans working on the film, somehow managed to score Viggo as kino Aragorn, and didn't have a bunch of minorities rioting around his set. It was a tight knit little group of New Zealanders doing all the work, and they put their national pride and effort into it. Those are a few reasons.

He took a great book and made an okay adaptation of it. Apparently it was enough to receive 200000 Oscars

>fill your movie with white people
>respect European tradition and culture
>write inspiration heroic themes
>add beautiful music
>its very popular.

>Peter fucked it up himself and actually first one was okey last 2 were fucking shit tier.
that makes sense considering the first probably had the most planning and production time before the whole fiasco

OP filename, retard

Then he should publicly apologize, or else everyone will be mad at him until he dies.

>beter

They spent actual years of planning on it with careful attention to casting.

I hate how people shit on him for The Hobbit movies when he was thrust into it all and had nothing like he had with LotR. It was unfair all around. You'll never see a trilogy like LorR again because no studio will have the willpower to sit around like that again.

lmao

The Lovely Bones was also him going full retarded too.

I actually found that to be an incredibly underrated movie. Never got the hate

hes admitted they werent as good as they could of been and didnt live up to expectations, thats about as much as you can admit before you get sued

A Fistful of Dollars
For A Few Dollars More
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

best trilogy dingus

holy shit im drunk i meant "could have"

>lotr
>no political agenda

>my daughter, women can't fight!
>I am no man!
>I k-know your face. Aowyn, my daughter, it turns out, women can fight, now i die!
>Father no!, *turns* now get on my horse you manlet cuck pippin! I'm the queen now!

>my elf daughter, don't be a traitor to your people and racemix, you will literally lose your immortality
>Father you, like every old man in this story, is bigoted and you'll come to realise it too!
>Aragorn, whom do you chose, 10/10 aryan blonde qt, or racemixing with some filthy ((elf))

>power and wealth corrupt, a bloo bloo bloo industrialism is bad, save the forest! Trees have feelings too!

>send military aid to all your 'alies' for free, they won't rely on you and exploit your country.

>Glorfindel, whos that? I am a woman, and I will be the one BTFOing all these scary men!

>Celeborn, whos that? I am a woman, and I am the one who rules these forests!

>assemble a fellowship of manlets, ((dwarves)), ((elves)), ((racemixers)) and white men, guess who's gonna turn evil!?!?

LOTR is SJW leftist trash

>written by women and paid for by jews
>good

>power and wealth corrupt
is this a liberal political opinion now?
>send military aid to all your 'alies' for free, they won't rely on you and exploit your country.
both sides of the spectrum would call you an idiot for this one.

He gave a shit and didnt phone it in. New zealand was pretty.

WHen he was fat, he was full of creativity. Now that he is slim, he cares for the money.

Nigger Republicans are the ones who refuse to limit aid to military aid to Israel

>turns faramir, denethor, and theoden into assholes of vary degrees for muh conflict
>scrubs based glorfindel from the story and replaces him with muh warrior princess arwen
>makes coked out frodo side with gollum against sam because of muh conflict
>makes aragorn reluctant to become king even though he always wants to be king in the books

and that's only scratching the surface
what a great trilogy

>game of thrones
>good source material

leftists and communists pretend being rich is a bad thing
good goy, send the rohirrim to gondor, that doesn't do shit for you, and let the Rohan taxpayer pay for it.

Trump supporting Israel is just 4d chess to destabilise the region, and turn the rest of the world against muslims and jews.

We're not going to be wasting any more money on military aid to South Korea & Japan anymore, for one. If they want help, that's fine, they can pay for it. It's about putting America first now, not getting cucked.

Making Gondor much much weaker than they were in books. Also cucking their military and knights of Dol Amroth. He was always has it was good thing he did not make more dmg.

>muh source material!
>muh comics!

>strong desire for sameness and familiarity

'muh deviations'
it's literal autism user. Do you think they should have added on another hour at the end of ROTK for the scrouging of the shire? Kept Tom Bombadil? Had the Galadriel pooping scene?

It's just the way it works out sometimes. How did two total hacks make The Matrix, which still holds up today, when everything they made before and since is utter, complete fucking shit.

I don't think Jackson is a great director, but he had a passion for LotR, and so did every single person he assembled on the team. From his wife right down to the guys on wardrobe, they loved the books. Everything came together, a miracle happened, we got one of the greatest trilogies ever made.

> send the rohirrim to gondor, that doesn't do shit for you

If Rohan had stayed home, Godor would have fallen. Then Mordor would have marched across Rohan and burned them all to the ground. The free peoples weren't enough unless they all stood together. Even then, they still weren't really enough, they just bought time for Frodo and Sam.

Have you seen Bad Taste & Braindead? They are Evil Dead tier GOATS of the gore genre. The fact he self funded the former living with his parents, getting actors and crew for free, and scrimping every penny is even more impressive.
That's how he (and Richard Taylor- Weta Workshop) learned so much about physical effects, and why LOTR is so good.

Yeah, he's not a great typical drama director, but he's obviously very talented for managing projects, and it makes him a great director of Genre films. I think he just outgrew his boots, and applying his low budget homemade ethos to a high budget studio film made gold, whereas once he had done that and inadvertantly learnt to make high budget films 'properly', that filmmaking style replaced some of his self taught sensibilities that made him and LOTR so good. He also just burnt out, and his success isolated him from the craftspeople and filmmakers he had earlier managed so effectively by relating to.

The Wachowski sisters aren't hacks either, Cloud Atlas, Sense8 and Speed Racer, while flawed, are all quite good.

>If Rohan had stayed home, Godor would have fallen
Maybe that's what Gondor needs, to teach them self reliance. I don't see how it's Rohan's problem. Gondor is a wealthy country, with it's carts. If Gondor wants support from Rohan, they will pay for it.

Time. Fran, Philippa, and him had enough time to rewrite and reshoot scenes that weren't working.

They had enough money to make the movie but were still on a budget. So, they had to be focused on getting the necessary fx shots and not carried away doing dumb shit because they had unlimited money.

>LOTR is SJW leftist trash

>Rohan and Gondor are typical fantasy Europe fighting off monsters and Arabs
>the most vile and hated monsters are literally the product of forced race mixing (Uruk Hai)

What in the hell are you on about, If LOTR was released today it would get torn apart by trash ""journalists"" for racism and whatever else. Hell, look at modern movies coming out now; 16th century ballrooms are half black for fuck's sake.

take off your cuck goggles for a second and think about the blatant feminism you're slurping up from the lotr trough

if LOTR was released today it would get torn apart by redpilled kekistan

>redpilled kekistan
You are what's wrong with the right, I hope you know.

The books are bestseller for a reason, sating it's bad would be like calling out john green's books for being steaming piles of shit, people just have terrible taste

Tolkein's books were traditionalist. But the movies added modern leftist shit to them

Look at Eowyn.

In the movies she's a typical feminist *i don't need no man* character.

In Tolkien her lust for battle is depicted as attention seeking insanity provoked by lusting after Aragorn's cock. Once she meets Faramir and decides his cock's probably pretty good too, she calms down and decides she's going to be a nurse.

Didn't production start in 1998? 3 years to prepare is a lot of time

stay cucked reddit

>replying with memes now
Get off the internet for a while

one day your eyes will be opened. life is a meme. listen to people, actually listen to them talk, watch what they are doing, its all a meme man.

The Noriko trilogy is the best

its true