Disney paying for fake reviews on rotten tomatoes?

There are a lot of suspicious reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. Some reviewers don't have any profile page (404 page not found). Other reviews are written by members who joined the site this month and haven't rated anything else. I've seen the same picture on different posts.

> rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_last_jedi/reviews/?type=user

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4hNAji3lIGE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you surprised?
It doesn't matter they still made profit and will continue to make millions

Justice League had major problems but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as The Last Jedi. Yet it sits dangerously close to the single digits on Rotten Tomatoes while Last Jedi is considered basically perfect. If it's not obvious by now that The Mouse has leverage on Rotten Tomatoes / critics then you probably think The Last Jedi is a good movie.

Let's expose them. We need more evidence.

>leadership philosophy
I hope this person has some handlers who stop him from eating poopoo

doesn't WB own Rotten Tomatoes though?

Lots of the low ratings come from accounts with no other reviews prior though, too.
This movie is being bombed by fake reviews in both directions. The site is giving out 404s for profiles too, both high/low reviewers.

This shows that positive reviews for
TLJ were being placed on other movie pages.

That is your boss.

>russian funded alt right sexists are this desparate

this has been debunked

>it doesn't matter they still made profit

RT doesn't have critics, all that WB could do was delay the actual score and it backfired hard. Disney owns the critics, not RT

why would a multibillion dollar franchise be worth having a few interns spend a couple hours fixing the ratings? im sure theyd be willing to accept whatever the fans decided

You can pay third world companies to fix the ratings. They are very cheap. You get a warehouse full of people making fake accounts and writing good reviews all day long.

yes i was being sarcastic

if disney doesnt have paid reviewers and fixed ratings then theyre massively incompetent/lazy

It's not inconceivable that they made a RT simply to raise the score after it received such backlash. I made an account only to give a half a star because fuck this movie.
Having said this, those reviews are extremely suspicious and given what's been happening on Facebook and the sort of articles that are popping up, I have no doubt it's the Mouse.

People who didnt hate the movie heard about the 53% RT score and made accounts to try and counteract it. There have been *far* more people who created accounts just to give it 0.5 stars than ones who created accounts to give it 5.
I saw it tonight with my half-sisters family and my mom (all liked it), and they were talking after we got back about signing up for an RT account to rate it 5 stars and stick it to the haters

It's over for Star Wars. The market can't absorb any more toys and merchandise. Rey and Finn toys are not selling. Their PR department has been lying about diverse toys selling out.

youtube.com/watch?v=4hNAji3lIGE

If I were RottenTomatoes, I would offer fake reviews as a service to the big brands. It's a lot of money for very little work and they can easily track what and how many reviews they need to add without being obvious. There's a reason their UX is so unfriendly. The only way you can read their reviews is by scrolling through a list without any filter.

>if I were RT...
Good thing for them you're not. If rotten tomatoes did that it would immediately lose 100% of its credibility and be replaced by another aggregator that doesnt lie and cheat.

>a fat sperging neckbeard threatens his family for reviews on RT
>"yes user, we'll help you beat Sup Forums. Just put the knife down."

Oh sweet summer child, you're so naive. You can't imagine half the shit people do in business. Disney would do fix the ratings anyway, so they might as well get some money from it. I wouldn't actually do it because of personal integrity, but most people wouldn't think twice about it.

> There have been *far* more people who created accounts just to give it 0.5 stars than ones who created accounts to give it 5.

People reacted to the 92% critic score. That's a travesty.

> I saw it tonight with my half-sisters family and my mom (all liked it), and they were talking after we got back about signing up for an RT account to rate it 5 stars and stick it to the haters.

It's not about bad Star Wars. It's just a bad movie. Even if you like the characters (I don't), there are too many plot holes and deus ex machina to make it work.

>defending the mouse from horrible consumers
Imagine being this pathetic. And your whole retarded family too. I can only imagine what parents you've got.

It's all about "bad star wars". All anyone complains about is how the story was not what they wanted from a SW movie.
On a technical level, the movie was very well made

People always used to joke about SW nerds getting into literal fights over stupid lore shit, but after looking through like 10 of these kinda threads I literally want to beat the shit out of some of you autistic faggots

On a technical level, the writing was horrible. One of the most important issues is that there was no real reason for Holdo to hide her plan from Poe and the rest of the crew.

>and they were talking after we got back about signing up for an RT account to rate it 5 stars and stick it to the haters
Sure they were