This was PRETTY FUCKING GREAT

this was PRETTY FUCKING GREAT

>a MCU movie with a good villain
>a team movie that gives plenty of screen time to everyone AND adds new people to the roster AND has actual emotional character development
>best fucking Stan Lee cameo in movie history, bar none

there's not much action in it I guess. but great movie overall. it feels much 'fresher' than the latest MCU offerings. I enjoyed Dr Strange very much but it felt was incredibly formulaic and I was beginning to feel burnt out from all these endless MCU movies and post-credits teases and Infinity Stones.

GotG2 has none of that. I dunno if it's as good as the original yet but it's definitely up there in my Actually Good MCU Movies along with GotG1, Winter Soldier and Iron Man.

ask a Pedro shit about the movie I guess. I was a pretty big fan of the original Giffen/DnA run so I can offer some perspective on that. also my name is actually Pedro.

Other urls found in this thread:

markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/apple-seen-as-disney-buyer-by-wall-street-malone-2017-3-1001866926-1001866926
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I won't see it for a while, but I honestly have no idea who the villain is and I'm okay with that.

Agreed, felt like a breath of fresh air from the usual Marvel formula and IMO Gunn went to town with the movie.

I'd say it is one of the best entries in MCU up there with Iron Man and Winter Soldier.

You wish

I'm feeling inclined to say the first one was better desu. But if you liked the first one you'll definitely like the second. If you're a DnA-fag then you won't be happy.

Felt like everything had to end with a joke. Some scenes felt like actual comedy skits.

Mantis was there to further the plot and comic relief.

The Sovereign didn't get much focus but enough to set them up for Vol. 3.

But I did like how it was more character-driven and Ego was an intriguing villain for once. A lot of the jokes were actually funny and worked, the music worked too.

I went in fully blind pretty much. I knew Kurt Russell was playing Peter Quill's dad, I was very confused when he stated the name of his character, and after about 50 minutes of movie a bunch of characters were doing their own things but I still had no idea who the villain was though in hindsight it was obvious.

it all ties up rather nicely and manages to avoid most of the formulaic stuff.

I saw it today but i think is kind of mean to discuss it as the ameri bros have to wait a whole week to see it.

that being said. i think the first hour was pretty slow paced and with too cartoonish comedy, after that it was pretty fucking great.

I liked that it felt more personal and the villain was better than 90% of other Marvel villains, if only because his motivation was interesting

Also did anyone think Yondu was OP as fuck, he seemed like he could take on the Avengers himself with that fucking arrow

>this was PRETTY FUCKING GREAT

Why lie?

yondu was op as fuck the man soloed most of the ship's crew with that arrow

I hope Sup Forums hasn't talked this movie to death by the time I actually get to see it.

Fucking Jewlywood letting furriners see our movies before we get them ourselves.

It's not like the Ravagers are a big threat

he WAS op as fuck
I saw his foster father arc and death coming a mile away but it was so well done that i truly felt for peter being over emotional for him in contrast with ego. yondu and mantis where the best.

numbers account for a lot

mantis is ugly

Yondu was OP as fuck in the last movie as well. Arrow 2 stronk.

Watched it yesterday this were my impressions:

Second half >> First half.

Which is good since most of the dramatic stuff happens at the end and Ego being all cool dad works really well with the goofy atmosphere.
The first two acts are everything Sup Forums despises about the Guardians as a product: bad jokes, goody characterizations, baby groot, poop jokes, nearly every line is a quip, Gamora being boring, Drax being autistic, Quill being a goofball, Rocket an asshole for no reason. But damn, after they land in ego the movies turns a 180ยบ for the better and everything becomes really pleasant to watch, it feels fresh, and most importantly it balances comedy with seriousness very well.
I loved Rocket, Mantis, Yondu, Ego and Nebula in this. Ego was legitimately the best MCU villain since Loki. Aside of the added jokey personality that was pretty cool actually, the characterization was on point with the comics, he actually had a personality and his motivations were on par with it. I even dare to say that if you don't like him in the movie you just don't like Ego. Ayesha is decent and with her hair down and distressed after she fails repeatedly made my dick diamonds.
Gamora was shit once again. Nebula stole their arc. Baby Groot was a lot less annoying than I thought. Peter and Drax weren't bad, but the other characters just outshined them, especially Drax who didn't do much anyways. Loved the part where Peter reminds the good times with his friends and mom, that part along Yondu's sacrifice got my eyes wet. Solid work from Pratt.

The first movie feels better overall, but the second delivers a solid emotional angle and establishes the family dynamic a lot better.
I'm hyped for original Guardians and Warlock.

He could take on the entire Chitauri armada alone. Even Ronan with the stone since he has superior range.

DELETE THIS!

She's beautiful in the inside.

>tfw when i'm a retard and i had the impression Ego was just marvel version of that green lantern planet so him being a villain was a surprise for me

the only part in the movie that was a bit too on the nose for me was the pacman

>pacman
>zune
>ford
marvel pls have some integrity

>>zune
the fucks a zune

it reminded me of fucking adam sandler and i got mad for a moment

I liked the zune bit since the guy thought it was popular back on earth when in reality that shit bombed hard and dropped out of the market after like a year
I missed the ford reference though

microsoft's answer to the ipod, total market failure

I liked Pac-Man it's something Movie-Lord would do. I also give them kudos for foreshadowing.

Exactly.

Next movie he's probably getting an iPod.

Should have been Skeletor

while getting out of the theater i told a friend how microsoft should do a special edition of those in an artificial nostalgia stunt and how they will probably get away with it.

>I missed the ford reference though
it wasn't a reference, it was just placement
back on earth when Ego's egg is attacking the area, when he gets defeated and the shit on earth stops spreading, there's a car right on the edge of it and it's shown to be a Ford
Dairy Queen was shit too
why did it even need to cut back to earth? that shit was unnecessary

>why did it even need to cut back to earth? that shit was unnecessary
Not really.

It shows how his plant worked and the Earth didn't have the absolute focus of the scene, it was just one of all the worlds that were being terraformed by Ego.

The Zune was great.

I knew Ego was a villain from the get go, but then again I knew he was not a person, not a Celestial, and not Star-Lord's dad. I figured they were making him also not a villain.

Disgusting, I went outside earlier and every car I saw had product placement on it.

The people in the car were Peter's grandparents, or his Aunt and Uncle. Whoever the guy with him in the hospital in the first one is.

>Yondu got Peter an obsolete piece of shit tech that was 2nd rate even when it came out

we get it, yondu is peter's dad you don't need to hammer it in

MANTIS LOOK OUT

I thought it was nice. Symbolism for progression both the team and the individual members.

>guardians 1 hooked on a feeling
>guardians 2 had actual hasselhof
>guardians 3 ?

whatever song were popular in the 90's and 00's with peter being visibly aggravated at the pop and boy bands

What are the must-have songs for "Volume 3"? It's the last one with Quill and company, and once they go the music gimmick will probably go with them.

>with peter being visibly aggravated at the pop and boy bands
That may happen in IW when he comes back to Earth.

>Drax's pronunciation of the batteries
topkek

well I mean he has a zune with 300 songs on it, I doubt every song is before the 90s

Do you think there's any chance of them using Peter's element gun or depleted cosmic cube at some point?

GotG's signature song was "Hooked on a Feeling" and GotG2's signature song is definitely "The Chain".

Literally Mantis.

literally who
Sup Forums pls go

>Guardians 3
>Mainframe wants to show Peter music from Earth
>puts on a Miley Cyrus song
>"damn it sucks"

I say the Cosmic Cube has a better chance since Gunn takes most of Peter's characterization from DnA and his own interpretation.

Another Girl, Another Planet

They have a route into the cosmic cube from this movie.

>Adam Warlock next movie
>Richard seemingly gets introduced in Captain Marvel
The hype is real.

what was the after credit?

there were 5 but only 2 were important

taserface wasn't funny and went on for far too long, and then they did it again later

Felt like they were forcing a meme.

it was Gunn taking the total piss out of Taserface because when the first movie came out he said how dumb Taserface was and joked about him being the next big star in the franchise, then the actual madman actually did it

there were a bunch of bits like this where i recalled the "writtend and directed by james gunn" part.

That's what I said. He was forcing his "look taserface it's totally lame!!" meme.

Funny thing he was more brutal than Ultron.

>Adam Warlock is being 'made'
>Starhawk (Stallone) gets the old GotG back together
>Groot grows into a teenager
>Kraglin comedy scene
>a lil bit more Stan Lee - you also see him during the main movie

After watching the movie I got the impression it was Brandy (you're a fine girl)

True, but that was the only one I found annoying. Pic related on the other hand...

markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/apple-seen-as-disney-buyer-by-wall-street-malone-2017-3-1001866926-1001866926

Just saw it for the second time and I agree. The movie is pretty good. Enjoyed it more than any Phase 3 movie so far, especially Doctor Strange.

I'm not failing for this MCU movie bullshit bait again.

I'll just wait for the Torrent

The "fathers" premises seems retarded and not worth the ticket price

Same here, its a great 9/10 Movie

>Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me that believes in you!
W-Was this what I think it was?

>Guardians 3
>Mainframe wants to show Peter music from Earth
>puts on a Miley Cyrus song
>"damn it sucks"

I need this so much.

Go and watch it in the cinema.
Our Disney Overlords require more shekels.

is that a TTGL reference

>dick jokes
>sex jokes
>poo jokes
>piss jokes
>Peter is still a manchild
>Peter x Gamora
>the Sovereign playing arcade machines
>Pac-Man
>James Gunn's brother
>Taserface
>Drax laughs in every scene
>Mantis was pure comic relief and plot device
>sometimes what you've been looking for has been right in front of you all along
Marvel Studios does it again!

Going by TV advertisements it's Fox on the Run

I actually thought the movie was kind of shit.

Too much comedy and meme music. Maybe I'll like it more on a second viewing. Thr first movie was funny, this movie was just "sensitive nipples" and "pillow turd"

I didn't mind the humor as a whole, but it had a weird tendency to undercut scenes that were actually dramatic or tense.
I didn't need Ego turning into David Hasselhoff for 5 seconds directly after revealing that he killed Peter's mom.
I didn't need Peter turning into a giant pacman while fighting Ego.
Most of all I didn't need a fucking Zune player add in the middle of Yondu's funeral.

Gunn needs to pull his shit together for the third part, because this is dangerously close to turning into the sort of shit DCucks actually think MArvel movies are.

His motivation was awful. It made no sense.

It was shit, marvel fanboys are blind

His name is literally Ego, and he is full of himself throughout the entire movie
Of course his ultimate goal is to turn the entire galaxy into him, he is that egotistical
The Pacman was at least foreshadowed, and was a neat visual of their different approaches to their power. Peter builds the stuff he wants to see because he thinks its cool, Ego just makes himself because that's all he can think of

Gamora and Nebula are going to kill Thanos.

It was good, marvel haters are blind.

I thought it wasnt that good. Most of the character arcs made no sense really. Why was Rocket suddenly an asshole? Why did Gamora and Quill like each other at all? How did Yondu know everything about rocket after spending maybe 20 minutes with him? Why did Ego need Quill if he was just channeling Ego's own light/power? Wouldnt he not lose his powers at the end if he had any extra power for Ego to use? And this is just off the top of my head. Not to mention some terrible greenscreen shots in there.

So his name is an excuse for his pointless heel turn? Also the fact he made quill, someone like him, negates the whole motivation of his heel turn.

Nah

I would have liked it so much more if they'd dialed back on the fucking jokes. They took the impact out of some good scenes and some like taserface and bullying rocket went on for too long to keep on being funny. I'm glad the second half wasn't as extreme but still. Overall it was a fun movie.

Rocket was always an asshole, it just came up more in this movie because they're supposed to have moved past being snarky dicks to each other, but Rocket still does because he can't bear getting emotionally close to someone
Quill's always been after Gamora since he saw her, Gamora just came around in this movie after nearly seeing him die
Yondu knew everything about Rocket because he saw himself in him. They literally say this, Yondu knows why Rocket acts the way he does because Yondu does the exact same to the people he cares about
Ego needed Quill as a battery. You know, that constantly repeated theme from the start of the movie, that again Ego literally says when Quill tries to turn against him
And Ego pointed out that Quill only had his powers so long as the planet was alive, at the end they blew up Ego's brain and the planet started to blow up. No more planet, no more powers
This is basic shit, most of which is explained in the actual movie. You can't call something not that good if you don't pay attention

Yeah, it was. I'm critical of marvel. They make average movies, forgettable. This was no exception, but it was enjoyable. Worth watching twice? Maybe not. Worth watching once? Absolutely.

There was never a 'heel turn', he always an egotistical dickhead who was planning to use Quill for his powers. The only thing that mattered was whether or not he could convince Quill to do it willingly or not
And that's the point of the movie, Ego didn't want a son, he wanted more of himself, making him a shitty father. Yondu respected Peter's choice to try and be something different

Do you think this is how the Guardians tie into Infinity War? Drax also wants to kill Thanos by the end of the first movie since he sees Ronan as merely a puppet of Thanos.

How was the Pac-Man thing foreshadowed?

>Why was Rocket suddenly an asshole?
He was always an asshole. It allowed him to have that 'moment' with Yondu, too.

>Why did Gamora and Quill like each other at all?
I hate this ship. I didn't mind it throughout the movie and the first since it was more of Peter trying to get with her while she had no desire whatsoever but then at the end she kind of admits she's into him and it killed it for me. Forced as fuck.

>How did Yondu know everything about rocket after spending maybe 20 minutes with him?
Because they're so similar. Or he was just projecting - Yondu was going through some real emotional stuff. Also did you forget they were in the Ravager's prison together for so long? They bonded.

>Why did Ego need Quill if he was just channeling Ego's own light/power?
He couldn't do it himself, he needed someone else to harness the power. All those children that came before Quill didn't contain his Celestial genes, but Peter did.

>Wouldnt he not lose his powers at the end if he had any extra power for Ego to use?
'He' who?

>Also the fact he made quill, someone like him, negates the whole motivation of his heel turn.
The only reason he had a kid was to further his own power. The second Peter expresses a thought contrary to Ego's plan, Papa Ego says he's going to use Peter as a thousand year battery.

>Drax also wants to kill Thanos by the end of the first movie since he sees Ronan as merely a puppet of Thanos.

???

>How was the Pac-Man thing foreshadowed?
Peter mentions building a statue of Pacman, Skeletor and some other dude who's name I didn't catch when I watched it
Its otherwise a pretty throwaway joke about Peter being a nostalgic manchild with his powers, but the fact its what he thought of to fight his dad elevates it a litte
And I hope that the Guardians actually get into the Infinity War purely to save the galaxy. They've done it twice now, a third save will really let them start charging the big bucks
That and there's just something inherently amusing about this band of assholes being the most experienced group of heroes showing up

>and some other dude who's name I didn't catch
Heather Locklear

They're actually James Gunn's parents.

I can't believe Yondu is a better movie dad than Pa Kent now. Like, holy shit.

>Yondu is a better movie dad than Pa Kent
Oh shit, its true. That has no right to be as funny as it is

Throughout the first movie Drax has been on a mission to kill Ronan to avenge his family, and then at the end Gamora says he should feel content knowing Ronan is dead, to which Drax replies 'Ronan was only a puppet. It's really Thanos I need to kill.'

Did Ronan die? Must have lost interest in the movie by that point. I just remember Thanos saying boy.

>Did Ronan die?
Yes. There was a dance-off and everything.

What happened to his stone then? I thought the dance off thing was a meme advert thing. I should probably watch more than 70% of a movie. I get so drunk and bored though. I was wanting to see Thanos bitch slap Ronan in another movie. Sad.

Anyone have screenshots of the Sovereign women. Holy hell they were hot as fuck.

Nova Corp got it

Oh yeah, I just watched a cam rip of vol 2 and that was said. I'm a bit slow, sorry. Interestingly, I watched 2 to the end.

Drax fucking killed it in this movie. Dave Bautista is a pretty funny guy. I hope he's able to shift to being a movie star like Dwayne Johnson.

>a MCU movie with a good villain
Literally shilling tactic 101. This is said every time a new MCU movie comes out. Only a drone would believe it.