Highly respected actor

>highly respected actor
>thought Star Wars was rubbish
>will forever be known as Ben Kenobi

Any other circumstances like this? Legit actors best known for parts they hated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yfEw5H_LSoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8AZi4oRWz60
cbr.com/movie-legends-revealed-was-it-alec-guinness-idea-to-kill-off-obi-wan-in-star-wars/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

twilight guy

guy that played stannis

well with stannis it was how his character was treated at the end that got him not the build up before that

Harrison

The guy who played Dumbledore in the first 2 only took it because his granddaughter would like it
Although Stannis is his best known role Stephen Dillane is extremely well regarded in theatre

Idiot

Indiana Jones.

dont give a shit they got paid life is shit for the rest of us anyway they get fame

This guy was secretly a hack. He played every role the same. Smugly, like he was chortling internally at how silly it all was.

Same as Michael Caine, the guy is literal trash yet people revere him for some reason.

Only exception was Lieutenant Bromhead in Zulu, his first major role.

Spotted the pleb

Yea but he made a ton of money from SW so good for him. Everyone with a brain and taste will remember him for Bridge

Mandatory

youtube.com/watch?v=yfEw5H_LSoQ

Is Zulu good enough to torrent?

>Smugly, like he was chortling internally
Far out this description made me kek

Aiden Gillan

Hell yeah.

>we live in a world Richard Harris is known as being Dumbledore, not English Bob

Fuck this timeline

Gimli

He probably hated being the literal comic relief dwarf

It's excellent. Can strongly recommend.

> We live in a world where good things are pushed out of existence by crap

Why would actors and their parts be immune to that?

English Bob - oh yeah. But the most memorable persona of the whole Unforgiven was mr. Beauchamp. Rotten piece of shit looking for a boot to stick itself to. Even decades after seeing the film I cringe every time I recall him.

It's very anti-SJW film

He was wasted on that role as it was used in the films. As a fan of the books, when his casting was first announced, I thought it was brilliant; but then PJ reduced the character to a little more than a running gag.

No, he hated the show. He almost always refused to talk about it in interviews and when he did, stated he played Stannis just to pay the bills until he could do work he actually wanted.

Yes

it's a pretty shit movie that retarded inbred submitted raped colonized brits like to wank over to escape their reality

Peter Sellers and Inspector Clouseau. He absolutely hated the part and Blake Edwards, but took on sequel after sequel for the money. He was planning another one before he died.

He wasn't wasted until Towers and Return

In Fellowship he was bretty gud

>thought Star Wars was rubbish
Is this really true? I though what he hated was how many people became obssesed with it.
After all he did give us the best portrayal of a jedi imho.

> English Bob
> Not Rafer Janders

Neck yourself

Did he hate playing Gimli or did he just hate the heavy makeup and prosthetics?

Yeah, but you also have to consider that Gimli's not even in the story until more than halfway through TFOTR. Most of the best Gimli material in the books is in TTT (which is the one that PJ fucked with the most).

Theatre is also regarded as gay

He hated his job

i know him from that time travel tv show
sliders?
with the dumb jock from dude wheres my car
or his bro

>he never got to play bomber harris toasting krauts

mark hamill

Guinness didn't hate Star Wars, he hated being known for Star Wars and none of the countless other roles he was more proud of.

No he didn't.

This.

And he was clearly bothered by the level of some people's obsession with Star Wars and franchises like it because he didn't think it was healthy. It's fairly well documented by people who knew him that he enjoyed the actual experience of making the films.

How has noone said Patrick Stewart?

Star Wars destroyed so many lives

>He played every role the same
He was an actor known for how he plays widely different roles with use of costumes you moron.

Get on his level

Christopher Lee hated playing Dracula.

He was a good friend

>He played every role the same.
So like every so called character actor?

He didn't hate Star Wars, only it's fanbase.

Because he loves Trek?

People will remember him more for Addams Family.

I really didn't buy his performance in Lawrence, and I thought it was "meh" (besides the ending that was amazing) in Bridge. Star Wars also wasn't that good.

However his performance as Smiley was fucking incredible and gained my respect (as if that's worth anything) for eternity.

SEETHING

Harisson Ford in SW
>Hey george cmon kill me off, why won't you kill me off

He didn't hate Star Wars, he said he always wanted to play a wizard. George Lucas unexpectedly decided to kill off Obi-wan at the end of ANH bbecause he wasn't going to do anything during the death star assault. Alec Guiness didn't forgive him that depsite going away with more money than he made during his whole career.
youtube.com/watch?v=8AZi4oRWz60

He was also the only one who thought it would be a success when making it

But other sources claim it was Guinness suggestion to kill Obi of.

You heard it from the mouth of George, i don't think he would lie.

Show Tinker Tailor was so much better than movie Tinker Tailor

Eccelston and Tennant are both solid actors who will forever be Dr. Who (Tennant moreso probably).

No doubt. And I though the movie was solid.
But the show just had that little extra that made it so believable.
Also all-around better acting.

Interesting read:
cbr.com/movie-legends-revealed-was-it-alec-guinness-idea-to-kill-off-obi-wan-in-star-wars/

>will forever be known as Ben Kenobi

He will always be George Smiley to me.

>he wears costumes so its completely different!!
He's the same in Bridge on the River Kwai and Lawrence of Arabia.

What would Kenobi think of the current massive boom in non-ironic nerd consumerist culture? I think he'd be pretty appalled by it. He saw the problem Star Wars manifested back in the day way before anyone else.

Lotte Lenya was a famous opera singer and married to a composer but James Bond fans generally remember her as Rosa Klebb.

He did the movie because of his kids and AFAIK had a blast.

he fucking loved it IIRC cus he got to hit people with a fake-axe for most shots

That's literally the joke in Kind Hearts and Coronets.