Do you like Star Wars or Star Trek more?

Do you like Star Wars or Star Trek more?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ARR0RPrr_rg
youtube.com/watch?v=njBTqYXyjHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Star Gate

i hate when i cut myself shaving

Star Wars
Thanks Gore poster

neither

BABYLON 5

star trek

Trek. But the latest iteration of Trek isn't Trek.

All hail his shadow.

>TNG uniform, D bridge top
>First Contact uniform, E bridge bottom

oh god no.. please stop im scared fellow redditors.

1. Star Wars ships do have shields

2. The energies consumed by weapons, shields, and engines as described in the cannon SW materials are orders of magnitude greater than those in ST. A single turbolaser bolt would exterminate all of starfleet.

3. Star Wars is retarded

Feminists ruined both, so now it's Warhammer 40k. It's a bitter and angry franchise but the post modernists have turned me into a bitter and angry person.

That episode was some nasty shit, how did they get away with that?

>Star Wars ships do have shields
I love that meme and that damage control of SW fans. At least RogueOne shown some shields

Neither, i prefer the 2000's Battlestar Galactica.

why does the pilot at the start of TPM yell "shields up" if the ships don't have shields

>2. The energies consumed by weapons, shields, and engines as described in the cannon SW materials are orders of magnitude greater than those in ST. A single turbolaser bolt would exterminate all of starfleet.

hahaha not anymore. thanks to disney toons the main ISD guns are less powerful than an RPG

youtube.com/watch?v=ARR0RPrr_rg

yeah i remember that. And yet there are no signs of these shields. Also why whouldnt you keep shields up all the time during battle. Galactica also didnt have energy shields and yet it was shielded against nukes with real shields

>we want the Alien movie audience.

Seriously though, is there a doctor in the house to explain these wounds?

I don't like either, I'm a Stargate fan instead.

dont you feel violated by the new series?

Standard knife attack

All I know is that it's a thing. Somehow I don't care anymore.

OT Wars = Wrath of Khan > OG Trek TV > other OG Trek movies > Droids cartoons > Ewok TV movies > Ewoks cartoons > TNG TV > prequel Wars > nuTrek > TNG movies > Wars Holiday Special > nuWars

I haven't watched enough of animated Trek, DS9, Voyager, or Enterprise to place them fairly.

The Expanse. Soft sci-fi is for fagets..

Not just Rogue One.

"Deflector shields" are referenced multiple times in the OT.

Star Trek, though neither is my favorite scifi show

The one that really clicked with me was Farscape, I obsessed over that while it was on

how is this even a question. I can watch hundreds of hours of Trek and experience immersion in a cohesive vision. Star Wars has like two and a half good movies and then the rest is frustrating for a million different reasons

None of that has ever been true you idiot except maybe the last point.

>war between earth and mars

I don't care about these two franchises anymore. Disney is the teengirlchickflick hanlukemurdering abomination that ruined Star Wars and STD is the soapierelationshipdrama canon-stomping disease that ruined Star Trek. And I'm afraid these faggot assholes won't stop with these two franchise and go on destroying everything else I love. ;_;

What's so canon-stomping about STD?

The first point is true, though. Even small ships like the Millennium Falcon and the various fighters have deflector screens.

Trek.

I prefer to watch the best of the Trek movies over the best of the SW movies. And with Trek, you get some decent shows as well.

They'll ruin that too.
You don't get to have nice things, goy.

>Stargate
also ruined by dude feminist prequels lmao
youtube.com/watch?v=njBTqYXyjHc

So what? There's also alien eldritch horror, kinda like YV but less gay and actually scary. Also best grannyfu.

nBSG.

However, I used to be the biggest SW neckbeard in my region, owning most of the old EU. Since the Disney buyout (though I'm not sure whether its because of) I've sold a lot of that for a handsome sum and basically lost interest in Star Wars entirely. I went to see TLJ and was annoyed about what they did to Luke, but once upon a time I'd have been raging hard.

I do like Trek, but in that 'put it on the tv and not pay that much attention to it' way. The only seasons I actually managed to sit down and watch properly (i.e. not skipping episode after episode until something looked interesting) was DS9, Enterprise, and the 7of9 Voyager episodes. Trek is getting comfier the older I get though.

For me it's
TNG
Star Gate SG1
BSG
Voyager
Fsrscape
Star Gate Atlantis
DS9
Star Gate Universe
Andromeda
Star Wars

POO

This show was boring as fuck though.

Is Lexx really worth watching? I only remember fragments of it from my adolescence mostly involving masturbation before we got Internet.

TLJ pretty much took SW out back and shot it in the head as far as 'competing' with other, even low tier like ST, scifi. They literally have to be in visual range to shoot eachother (we have verbal confirmation its not just poetic distance), fighters can do serious damage to the heaviest of ships, and worst of all the shields are 'segmented' to anything with fuckery (like teleporters) will work.

TLJ fucked SW for battlers everywhere.

Who hurt you user

I liked the Expanse right up until the alien particle (or at least it being anything more than a bioweapon) bullshit that is slowly turning it into space fantasy. All that stuff about being a spacer detective and a survivor turned captain of an awesome ship respectively? Awesome. I'd have watched seasons of that. But now? I'll keep watching, but I'm nowhere near as invested as I got by the end of season 1.

That eldritch alien plotline derailed the whole fucking show into shit

We will never get a faithful movie adaptation for the most badass space fiction verse.

>Ultrasmurfs

FARSCAPE

>ITT 60 IQ faggots comparing a fantasy franchise with a sci-fi franchise

It's not like star wars has space wizards with laser swords, totally realistic.

>fantasy franchise
here it goes

Star Trek has psychics too. The only thing missing is laser swords.

What?

Implying Q isnt a space wizard

stop posting your disgusting drawings. you promised you would kys. YOU PROMISED!

damnit, Sup Forums, i used to find sex with dogs disgusting but you keep posting pics of sexy sexy dogs and now i want to sex the sexy sexy dogs goddamn you, Sup Forums, godfuckingdamn you ;_;

>almost 15 later
>still no better tv show

I prefer my gundumbs desu

>still no better sci-fi show

Frankly I found it rather boring beyond the Gigashadow arc.

dont sexualize corgis, ok?

b-but they're so sexy i can't help wanting to sex such sexy sexy corgis ;_;

No point trying bro, it can't be topped

Daily reminder for ST niggers

>Feminists ruined both

Fucking lmao grow the fuck up kid

t.soi

IS THAT A DESOLATE HOPE!?

Who's the shol'vah that's making this?

Your entire fandom is based on satire and you're too stupid to realise it

>double soi please

Out of the way, plebs

Neither of these ships seem to have a good protection against space radiation

I don't know anymore. JJ shitty movies (the 3rd movie was unironically good though) and STD are worse than anything SW has ever had, including ep. VIII. The thing is that in 20 years they can do a good ST show again, but the Disney Trilogy will be there forever.

> destroys both your beloved franchises
well at least the thought that I may be shitposting with kirk makes me happy

Didnt he make the first new ST?

Yes, and it was shit.

fuck you. The rest was shit, but the first was great and you know it bitch

Star Trek seems like it would be my type of show, just don't know where to begin watching. Is it possible to watch the Original Series without having to worry about continuity? I'll end up watching it all, but i'd prefer to begin with the most memorable episodes.

>Do you bleed?

I don't like either but at least Star Trek is actual science fiction.
Star Wars is fantasy in space, derivative schlock on par with Harry Potter.

>just don't know where to begin watching

TNG, then if you like that, DS9, then voyager, then TOS

You can start with TOS but keep in mind it's really cheesy. You can start at TNG and be fine

Not sure if b8, but here's a pity (you)

absolutely honest desu

Thanks, mang

I remember thinking Star Trek wasn't gonna be cheesy, but that was before I had seen all the clips of the Star Trek crew walking around 80's America. I think i'm gonna like it.

try expanse

I've always been a Trekkie but I enjoy Star Wars as well, if I had to rank the whole thing it'd probably go

Empire>Khan>a new hope>the rest of the Trek movies sans 5>post season 3TNG>DS9>Jedi>season 1+2 TNG>voyager>beyond>force awakens>Star Trek 5>rogue one>enterprise>TNG movies>Star Trek 09>prequels>into darkness

lol what a delusion
you call that space soap opera "best scifi"?

lol now make that on BSG's shakey cams too

What do you think of Gay Lactating Homos?

trek

kirk is so hot

only that youre probably one of them, so gtfo back to your tumblr