Ok but can we talk about how much better Aku has gotten look and voice wise? Like in his first appearance...

Ok but can we talk about how much better Aku has gotten look and voice wise? Like in his first appearance, he was way off-model and too brightly colored and Greg's voice was honestly terrible. But this episode? Greg sounds spot on and on top of that, Aku looks on model perfectly. He even had the red mouth outlines. Same with the "Malaise" scene. So my question is, wtf even was S5E2 Aku...

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!dmonEZzY!LUdElLnMPuLuAcSyt6lIPxcS77UizAU0uaTS_hrThlo
youtube.com/watch?v=t7N67hn0TlA
youtube.com/watch?v=DtTQ-8npkWY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Genndy's first time drawing Aku in 10 years.

And don't give me that "it was a flashback, he's depressed now" nonsense. It was just bad animation and vocal direction.

He was just getting up from a long nap so his complection was off

>But this episode? Greg sounds spot on
you couldn't be more wrong, he sounded better when he faced off scotsman

>So my question is, wtf even was S5E2 Aku...
That was the NEW AKUUUUUUUUUU.

The one from the latest episode is just flashback Aku.

he had a hint of that russian accent yeah but besides that it was pretty good desu

>Aku has been hacked by Russians

>Aku's shadow looms over Jack and talks
>light shines through his mouth even though it'd have to go through the back of his head

I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder

my favorite theory is because those other times earlier this season, Aku is supposed to be sad and depressed and detached, something that Mako never really did with the character a lot so it was Greg firing in the dark.

But vindictive, jokey and jovial asshole Aku is classic Aku, so greg was able to deliver a better performance.

I agree w/ all this except the Greg voice. Yeah it was fantastic and better than his earlier season work, but he still does that stupid Mexican/Russian/whatever accent on top of Aku.

Should he just drop the accent and talk normally?

S T Y L I Z E D
T
Y
L
I
Z
E
D

>"And don't give me the obvious and correct answer"

did it air yet is there a mega?

It was good, I'll give it that. Not Mako good but I'll take it as Aku. The laugh was spot on.

Mako was literally a one of a kind guy.

Baldwin is literally as good as it gets for a replacement.

>off-model

There's that phrase again.

mega.nz/#!dmonEZzY!LUdElLnMPuLuAcSyt6lIPxcS77UizAU0uaTS_hrThlo

Where do people keep getting Mexican or Russian before?

Have they heard what Mexicans and Russians actually sound like?

I came into this thread for one reason.

Keep doing God's work, user.

I've only seen a little bit of Samurai Jack, but I don't understand how it works to be honest. How can a show set in such a grim universe have such a goofy villain?

Aku is basically Sup Forums personified.

Edgy as fuck but also surprisingly good-humored at the same time.

Watch Jack and the Zombies

>Ok but can we talk about how much better Aku has gotten look and voice wise?
Motherfucker if this is some trolling about Mako I will find y-

>Like in his first appearance, he was way off-model and too brightly colored and Greg's voice was honestly terrible. But this episode? Greg sounds spot on and on top of that, Aku looks on model perfectly. He even had the red mouth outlines
Oh, well. Carry on then.

This off-model aspie shit has to stop. I'm almost 100% positive the grunt children repeating this term watch only anime and have no comprehension of a free form art style that the west is known for.

If you pitch-shifted Balwin's Aku up just slightly, and added some reverb, he would sound great.

I have to admit the laugh was pretty good.

Aku is a traditional god, an omnipotent jerk screwing over mortals at his leisure. While generally evil, he follows whatever impulses he has. Here's a great example: youtube.com/watch?v=t7N67hn0TlA

I think Greg was throwing it off with the whole therapist thing. He was great in this one.

GREAT FLAMING EYEBROWS

>I'LL SEE YOU THERE
>in human form
>WHAT?
>"i will see you there, in human form"
>OHHHH
>I'LL BE IN HUMAN FORM
>right
>OH OF COURSE I THOUGHT YOU MEANT, HEHE, NEVER MIND
>HUMAN FORM, GOT IT
>right
I still don't understand what the fuck that was supposed to mean

Ikra, so they can fugg

I need this but without the fucking MAGA

Trump is a fucking backstabber

youtube.com/watch?v=DtTQ-8npkWY

you can maga without him

I've got one better, I get the feeling a lot of the scenes we've been impressed by were cut from the material made for the movie and the rest is new material to stretch the movie out into a 10 episode season.

The order I see the original going is a cold opening, then this episode's start with Jack providing exposition about almost all the portals being destroyed to setup the new stakes for the audience, Jack losing the sword, fade out, S5's intro to transition 50 years, E1, 2 and 7s stuff, then a finale.

Composed sort of like the Premiere movie but probably longer yet quicker paced.

Scaramouch may or may not have been a reoccurring villain but he would likely still show up once to reiterate Jack still doesn't have the sword and provide some action. The cult is definitely integral, though I get the impression they were all going to die and that would have been Jack's breaking point instead of the blue kiddies. No idea what would have stopped him from doing the deed without Ashi though.

My speculation for all of this stems from the quality shift in models. I feel it's too much of a strange situation if Genndy was telling the crew to intentionally make flashbacks polished but play fast and loose with the rest. What would it achieve? When Jack gets back his sword and is alone in the shot he looks very different from when he returns to Ashi, same with how fluid and familiar Aku moved and behaved here compared to earlier appearances.

1. Making a joke that Jack has forms beyond human form.
2. Making a joke about Jack wanting to fuck Ikra.

>Greg sounds spot on
Doesn't matter, the acting is still kinda iffy, although maybe it's the writing itself, hard to tell. "Never mind what I SAID."

>Make Aku Great Again

Dude no, the actual answer is they don't do the storyboarding and animation in order. This was confirmed somewhere.

It explains that goof with Jack being barefoot -> Boots -> barefoot again.

That actually is a more reasonable explanation I guess.

also the error of Ashi having her old hairstyle in one shot during the fight

That was intentional since there's a thunderclap, her old hair appears before cutting to the next shot where she's covered in blood and fucking the Orcs up as it's calling back to her old self as a killing machine.

practice makes perfect user
Just look at the original SJ and notice how Aku improved over time there too

I'm glad that they fixed his flames

It's the way he pronounced his j's that make them sound more like "zuss" in words like "just"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Aku's dialogue was a little weird

That's bullshit but I believe it

Anyone else Tom Kenny doing his Flying Dutchman voice would have been a good freplacement for Mako

>This was confirmed somewhere.

Where?

I think aku heard "inhuman form"

>blunder
It's done on purpose so you can attach the movements of his mouth to his lines. Otherwise it's just a still image while Aku talks. Might as well complain about being able to see people's eyeballs in a dark room as if they're high beams.