So his sword

So his sword.
How does this all work? Did he literally never go to look for it before? It's not even like it was a big effort when he can befriend animals that do it for him.

And if he did, and realised it wasn't there, but didn't realise it was because the sword left him, why would he even go back? False hope?

Also bit disappointed with the fight scenes this last episode. Episodes 2/3 were too good on that front.

magic

This point actually bothered me more than stronk Ashi did. I mean, it makes sense in-universe, but it's really, really shitty writing to have him not just think of meditating to get it back in the first place.

The sword has straight up been magic since the start. It was crafted by Ra, Odyn, and Vishnu for his father. When he raged after he went into the portal and Aku took him out he didn't try to save the innocent Rams that helped guide him to the portal like he normally would with Organic life he killed them, thus his sword left him.

His "we're here" line suggested to me that he had in fact descended down into the pit to look for the sword. Returning to the last known location of the sword with Ashi was probably him hoping he might find some sign of it now that he was of clearer mind, rather than immediately post rage-out.

>but it's really, really shitty writing to have him not just think of meditating to get it back in the first place.

Yeah, it's not like he was in an extremely unstable frame of mind when he originally lost the sword.

That's not the point though. His sword left him, sure. But how did he never go back for it?
And if he did go back for it, then he'd have realised then that it wasn't there, so why even go back?

I suppose that fits. I got the impression he'd been there before, but it's not like he had a deep look as to its whereabouts. I presume if he went there before he would have, since his sword was literally his living, so was it just really a last sense of hope he'd find it?

bump

explain this magic

>it makes sense in-universe
Think you missed that part. I'm complaining about Genndy, not Jack.

>tfw you realize jack wasn't talking about his sword when he said "I could never find it again "
>He was probably talking about the will to continue his quest
I don't think he actually looked for it , I think he just gave up

>Lets just not look for my sword and spend 50 years moping about it instead
>Great idea!

Fuck, I think you're right.

Come on Jack can't be this retarded.
If in that instant he lost all his hope he'd never be able to get it back. The sword is practically his life. Leaving it to ruin is the work of a fool.

I think he went but couldn't find it. Which would beg the question why he'd ever think to go back in the first place

check around and see if it lost it

You've got to imagine he had a good look though. If you can't find something somewhere where you know it's supposed to be, you don't go back 50 years later thinking "ah yeah i'll find it now"

I think you both forgot about the fact that Aku broke the last portal right after he had already jumped into it AND he just inadvertantly killed a few innocent goats. That on top of losing his sword would be enough to put a guy into a deep depression to not be able to think rationally anymore.

I feel bad for Scaramouche. All of his hopes rest on being able to get to Aku and giving him the news about the sword so he can get back to being numero uno and welp

>"Aku, baby, I've got big news! Samurai Jack's lost his sword!"
>Jack arrives, sword in hand
>Aku glares at Jack, then at Scaramouche
>Scaramouche gives an embarrassed smile
>cut to exterior shot of Scaramouche being hurled out of Aku's lair

I'm willing to bet this very scene will happen.

50 years user. If he was that disturbed Ashi really couldn't have done shit all to bring his hope back.

Aku told him it was the last portal, but they're literally mortal enemies. You don't just go off every word he says, that in itself is stupid. Sure it was a low point for him, but he doesn't not look for his damn sword which is his bane of existence

If this doesn't happen I will be very disappointed. It bloody has to happen. He's going to hop in with only his head proud af that he finally made it. His involvement last ep surely was just for the sake of this gag

He probably looked for it for fucking months when he first lost it. I like to imagine that was where the ghost Jacks came from, during the six month period where you just searched endlessly for a sword that didn't even exist down there breaking bit by bit. Perhaps in the end he thought he shouldn't find the sword.

Then why go back

OP suffers from extreme autism.

Don't deny the power of cute Asian pussy user.
But really if we assume Jack has been living in the same cycle of doubt and self loathing where he's not actually interacting with people, Ashi was the only positive influence he had in decades. He'd just been arguing with Ghosts calling him a shit all that time telling him to ignore the good he's done.
To look again now that he had renewed hope.
Have you never looked in the same place twice hoping you somehow just overlooked something even if there was obviously no way you could have?

not 50 years later

We'll see when you lose anything for 50 years.

I am 71 years old user. I lost my keys outside when I was but a wee child, but no matter how many times I traced back my steps I couldn't see it.

ITT: Edgy 16 yo that didn't watch the original and refuse to understand this show. They should leave immediately.

Not really. I'm actually seeing some discussion over whether or not Jack looked for his sword after losing it with arguments both ways.

How bout you contribute something rather than being a shit flinging retard?

I found Jack's sword guys

>post yfw you saw the mother's ass

It needs to

kek

Aku had just destroyed the last time portal. Jack probably thought "Alright, even if I can find the sword and kill Aku, it will be for nothing, because I can't go back to my time."

The sword isn't really "his life", the time portals were. The sword is just an instrument he needed to fulfill his duty, but without a time portal is basically useless, just like Jack is. He cannot go back and defeat Aku and even if he keeps fixing the shit Aku makes in the current time, it won't really change much, at least not according to Jack.

That was his breaking point and the fact he surrendered so easily was probably one of the reasons that prompted the sword to "leave" him. I wonder how he will go back to his time now, though: will he just ask Aku? Will he look for the Guardian, hoping Aku didn't know about him?

I can't buy that Jack didn't look for his sword. I was exaggerating when I said it's his life, but dammit it's a big part of it, no?
The time portals he was informed were gone, but you can't really take Aku's word at face value. He's Aku. The bad guy. You don't trust the bad guy. I think at the very least he'd still have hope that there were other portals but somewhere in the 50 years he'd realise

So that leaves his dropped sword and the little goat killings as what caused his depression to set in, and I presume instantly because the sword "left" him. And also the notion that could be the last portal I guess, though not confirmed.

But even then, in a really defeated state as he was, he'd look for his sword no? If not right there and then, then surely somewhere between the 50 years. He seemed adamant it was lost, which isn't something you can really say without looking

bump