STD is a good 7/10

Alright Sup Forums i remember when this show came out and everyone and there mom shat on it you guys really and i mean really shat on it but after watching 8 episodes of the show i can say the first two episodes are shit the main character is shit and the klingon redesign is frustrating but the show is entertaining

The main character Michel is a total Mary sue but she has flaws

>TL;DR whats your opinion on STD now

Seeing Tilly makes me want to blind myself with a fireplace poker

It's fucking trash, the black girl is always angry and they really sucked the joy, humor and hopefulness out of the franchise

I don't like Star Trek and I think it's OK. There's a lot of stupid things, like in the first episode Chink captain walked around the desert to make a starfleet emblem out of her footsteps, that was stupid. Or "Logic Extremists". Or how everyone claim their shields are holding while their hull is being blown up.

I also dislike animation of the spore jump, why does Discovery falls downwards?

Lt. Stamets is the best waifu though.

>The main character Michel is a total Mary sue but she has flaws
Not only do you contradict yourself in the same sentence, but how is even a mary sue.

eat shit. cadet autism is adorable.

To me she feels like a fan fiction character with a pinch of self insert she is a special african american woman who don't need no man who was trained and educated on Vulcan. And not just by any Vulcan but mother fucking spocks dad. Did i also mention how shes an OC who sees Sarek as her own adoptive father. They just try to hard to make her cool and edgy i just don't feel any personality or struggle she just succeeds at everything

>Yeah im biased because of what she said out of character.

It was utter dogshit and the fact that CBS actually paid to have it shilled on Sup Forums of all places was truly pitiful

>You will never have and flirt with your autistic female roommate

>we need to start a war with the klingons, or the klingons will be insulted by our peaceful nature and start a war with us

She was wrong though.

I stopped at 5 its was so painfully bad

>fungus warp drive
>giant tardigrades
>starfleet totally ok with using sentient creatures / genemanipulated faggots to power fungus warp drive
>assloads of identity politics
>retarded spinning saucer section

As a Star Trek show it fails completely.
If it weren't Star Trek it would still be bad.

STD is 4/10 at best and most of this score is for the visuals and production value, otherwise its barely a star trek show

It depends on the kind of STD.

>trained by Vulcans
>constantly triggered
Why?

Too autistic to be believed while also being an officer in the military.

It's confusing to me. They try to imply she was right at times. Edgey captain Lorca actually says she's right. But it's obvious she's wrong, and war with Klingons was almost inevitable if the federation wanted to assert its territorial claims

>take on a character-driven franchise
>make everyone a boring, miserable cunt

see this is actually a bit I like about the show (just the idea, not so much the execution)
>starfleet is alledgedly not a military, so they get weird, quirky scientists signing up, expecting peaceful exploration
>in practice they are the military and have to defend the federation if a war breaks out
>so now you've got to turn these anti-authoritarian hippies who thought they'd just be scanning spacewhales into soldiers

>Implying anything edgy captain Lorca endorses is right
He is explicitly unfit for duty and only keeps his post due to his edgy machinations.

The fact that Klingons look wrong invalidates every possible upside this show as.

Of course, he's a white male.
His toxic masculinity is in constant conflict with the gaia-like feminity of michael-sue.

To be honest the admiral is unfit for her job as well. She's literally a councillor troi type, promoted to flag rank for some reason.

>"you shouldn't have angry black lady working for you, even as an unranked nobody"
>"we literally could not get the new drive going without angry black lady"
>"don't care, get rid of her"
>"but that would have meant the klingons would have captured our main dilithium mine, and we'd lose the war"
>"don't care, get rid of her"

She's a female Lt. Broccoli

She's worse. Barclay could at least pretend to be an adult for short periods.

I'm surprised they went with a new ftl travel method, and not "trans"warp.

This series suffers from the same fucking problem as the new Star Wars. The writing is shit, but the production is well funded and polished. I don't blame the actors; they can't control the way the characters are created or used, at least not at this early stage.

Here's the problem in a nutshell. The creaters do not understand what Star Trek is about, they don't understand what made it popular, and they don't understand what the fans would like. To make matters worse, they fall into the 2017 trap of writing characters that have no cultural basis, aside from the alien; this means that every character is bland and replaceable, and none of them are predictable (which is also why they do random stupid shit that no one can logically understand why).

Lastly, they make the biggest mistake by making this a focus on Michael instead of an ensemble piece. One of the philosophical underpinnings of Star Trek is that people work together; to focus on a single character for the whole damn series negates this, and it also forces the writers to make sure that Michael is the source and solution to every problem the damn ship encounters.

Fuck this series. Don't watch it, don't support it, don't discuss it. Watch classic Star Trek if you want, even Orville, but let STD fall into the abyss where it belongs.