What's the appeal of going to conventions? Meeting uninterested celebrities and buying overpriced merch?

What's the appeal of going to conventions? Meeting uninterested celebrities and buying overpriced merch?

Molesting cosplayers.

Also, rape.

pretty much
The only reason id go is to get into a screening or something. Walking the floor seems like a good way to get molested by some weirdo.
Plus cosplay is a lot more cringey irl

Vs. Cosplay not irl?

Buying old issues
Basking in the company of fellow hobbyists

Meeting comic book artists and writers

Never mind actors, it's a fad

Casual sex and discounts on nerdy shit.

Fucking cosplayers.

If you don't cosplay yourself then don't even bother.

For non comic/vidya ones pretty much just comes to having a place to reveal your power level.

vs pictures of cosplay

As time goes on, there are less and less interesting people to go see ("professional" cosplayers,) and more and more annoying people there (wannabe "professional" cosplayers.)

Still, the whole point of a convention at all is to meet people with the same interest. It's overpriced, but fun.

Meeting other fans.

Even an autist can understand that.

It's more than just that, sure you get to meet celebrities and that's cool. But you also get to see cosplayers, meet people with similar interests, not much there other than food is all that scaled up in price so merch buying is a fun activity. It's lots of fun!

Also you get to meet really cool artists and indie writers, as well as a few pros! God I love conventions!

Hooking up with horny nerds.

>they couldn't even think of anything for Day's "Best known for" section because she isn't in anything

>Nobody knows what Felicia Day is "known" for

Sucking Sup Forumscks

is that robert downey jr?

>buying overpriced merch?

Why does it feel like most of it are those awful Pop Funkos

Hanging with friends, taking dumb photos, going to less popular panels. Doesn't work if it's SDCC or something like that but who knows afford that anyway

I don't give a shit what "celebrities" go, I just go to get comissions from artists. Also what overpriced merch are you talking about? I get everything I'm looking for cheap as shit at conventions.

Best Known For: Betraying fans and siding with the anti-Gamergate crowd

>Felicia Day
>Best Known for ???

LOL

>meeting celebrities

Gross. Conventions are for meeting comic creators, and buying prints from them and supporting them directly. Especially if they're older creators and indie ones. It's also good for panels, buying issues, and meeting other people who are into comics.

You think they'd have gotten away with
>looking like a camel?

You used to be able to find comics and collectibles but most of the dealers only bring the most popular movie-related comics and funko pops.

>Meeting comic book artists and writers
Too bad they mostly charge for autographs now. I understand why they have to but it kinds sucks.

Do cosplayers actually get molested at Comic Cons or is it just a meme?
Like, basically, some weirdo goes and takes a handful?

Funko POP figures have ruined convention showroom floors at conventions

There are people that are reasoning out "If you're not going to give it, then don't show it." So maybe.

I molest plenty of cosplayers at cons. It's great

What is going on with that picture of Felicia? It looks horrible. Also Katie is brave facing the public after her blowjob pics got leaked not that long ago. Is anyone going to print one out and get her to sign it?

>things that never happened: the post
Why would you be proud of doing something like that, anyway?

Ass

I mean I kind of liked her character in Eureka!

I'm a degenerate, that's why. It's pretty easy to not get caught. You just stick to larger cons or cons where people are densely packed. In my 10 years of groping, I've never been caught

How molesty are we talking?

Like a simple ass-grab, or like a full on japs-on-train hotdog session?

I have a big fetish for fat hairy unkempt nerds so...

And this is why you should never cosplay. Just wear a merch shirt or something.

>cringey
I hate that this word has become a thing on Sup Forums of all fucking places. The normie plague is real.

I grope regularly dressed people too, don't worry about it

Someone should go and Ask Laurel to sign her nudes

>any would have confidence to walk up to her and do that

and watson shop doesn't count.

Why is Kevin smith a thing?

Mallrats, clerks, he had a large niche following in 90s that influenced a lot of people that thought he might become something some day and he ended up going nowhere with it and then became a tool.

Joss Whedon had a similar trajectory, he just received more acclaim before his burn out.

Disclaimer: Quality of ass at your local convention will vary.

You can post on the social meeds that you're such a comix nerdberger xD

No, they're both pitifully pathetic. And nobody wants to molest you.

why are all of those no name blogger cunts a thing when they haven't even released a few critically well-received movies?

Every con I've ever been to has just been an excuse to get a group of friends together in one place, usually because one of them is on the Artist Alley. We've long understood that Saturday's aren't worth doing for the rest of us because they are so busy, so we just use that day to look around the City.

>mfw there's a con coming up next Friday

It's basically the one time of the year I get to meet people that like things I like, buy some merch, buy some posters, buy some comics, watch some panels, meet some artists to get some advice from and dress up as characters, some more obscure and hard to recognize than others.

So far, I dressed up as The 10th Doctor, aged up version of pic related, the Scout from TF2 and Ben 10 from Omniverse (which very few people recognized, but I guess not many people care about the show in here). I plan to add Apollo Justice to the list, but I bet even fewer people will recognize him.

As for guest actors, they are the ones I'm always least interest in, mostly cause our Con can't afford bigger names and mostly because said actors are from GoT, which I don't watch.

Not to mention the most exercise I get all year, where I stand up and/or walk for hours and circle the Con 40 times in a row.

It's fun times!

Exercise
Cosplay eye-candy
Artists
Meeting people with at least 50% of your power level
Hanging out with friends

She's pretty good on MST3K

Has The Guild already become old?

well the local comic con next month has Adam West and Phil LaMarr so...that's enough for me to get excited.

You faggot ass cosplayers need to grow the fuck up. You and only you are the reason nobody gets into comics. They think you have to dress up and be a faggot to be considered a "fan".

The answer is always the Artist Alley. Or hell, even just going to indie comic conventions for an afternoon. Comissioning quick sketches, realising that artist whose work you follow online is kind of a douche, stumbling across the occasional diamond in the rough or chatting with folks who aren't particularly busy about what their current projects is are my biggest draws towards going to conventions.

>Why go to a baseball game? You can find out who won by watching TV.

>Why go to a rock concert? You can just listen to the album.

These basement dwelling anti-social types are sad.

>being surrounded by other nerds
>seeing various vendors, some selling comics for dirt cheap
>looking at collectibles
>yes, even if they're uninterested, seeing some celebrities is cool
>swag that might end up being worth money or are just cool (i got a scott pilgrim booklet worth $100 and i got it for free)
>getting out of the house
>going out with friends

Nice autism, user.

Adults dressing up as comic book characters they don't read is autistic user.

Felicia Day is known for being an aging booth babe with no talent.

Should I try to hook up with this cute cosplayer girl I know?

>Check local convention site
>Most of the guests are RWBY voice actors
The fuck is this shit?

yeah
we didn't spent four hundred years making sex as taboo as we could for people to not be enticed into having more sex

>already
it's old m8. Dr. Horrible is ancient too

>getting out of the house

In the near future this will be the only reason people cite when they do anything.
>"Why'd you go to that retarded convention? You knew it was going to be retarded before you went..."
>"Just to get out of the house..."
>"Why'd you go see that shitty movie? You knew it was going to be shit before you went..."
>"Just to get out of the house..."

No, she likely has incredibly crazy personal issues. No normal person dresses up in costumes.

Have you never heard of Halloween or do you just live in some third world shithole?

Back when Whedon made a huge fucking deal about making one of the first ever Hulu originals.

cheap comics and cute girls

We're not talking about fucking Halloween are we faggot?

>adults who dress up on halloween
user, I...

Kevin Smith did some live podcast thing at my city's comic con last night. They charged for admission on top of the expo pass though so I said fuck that, went to a screening of Howl's Moving Castle instead.

>having friends

I had a guy who works on IDW Transformers sell me a ketch book for $10 and then he autographed it. Dude was pretty chill, if not as socially awkward as me.

What's Kevin Smith's modern-day appeal? He hasn't made a movie that fans or critics have liked in over a decade. Anybody who wants to hear a fat guy articulate about comics can just go on YouTube. Clerks nostalgia only goes so far.

Are you in Texas?

He's a nerd just like us

>What's Kevin Smith's modern-day appeal?

He's basically Nerdman, who is a paragon of all things nerd.

Reply to what I asked above. Why do you have a problem with a pretty well-known director sharing his opinions but aren't on some crusade against the sluts that don't read comics and cosplay in "review" videos of movies and cartoons?

You're mad a comic book reader and fan has found extended success after being one of the only people to include comic book culture and references in his movies for the longest time. Why?

Why do I constantly see this yet not the same amount of "why is this cunt who doesn't care about comics a thing?"

>Funko Pops
Thanks, I have cancer just from thinking about them.

ruining supernatural

No.

t. Wil Wheaton

Who the fuck is that?

Why can't you answer my question?

probably the only time you guys get out from your basement

I think wil wheaton will always bother me more than Kevin smith in terms of their "celebrity status". Primarily beause wil wheaton claim to fame was being a mary sue on TNG.

>OG xbox
>cata poster
Jesus christ... "master race"

I didn't bring up sluts. That was a different user. What are you even talking about?

So much salt about cosplaying, can't tell if this is legit autism or just bait.

Going to the Calgary Expo today to meet Lieber and play in a Street Fighter tournament, it's just fun to go out and see everything there.

I did. There's no "difference" to be had there. What the fuck are you even saying?

You said what is the appeal of KS I asked what is the appeal of sluts who do the same thing but are just fucking leeches.

You replied with a fucking name.

I don't think a character that came off that dweeby can ever be called a mary sue.

>Why do I constantly see this yet not the same amount of "why is this cunt who doesn't care about comics a thing?"

What the fuck are you talking about? People rail on Felicia Day for being a fraud all the time.

In this thread yes, in general no.

that's mostly for her sticking her nose into videogames, not comics or tv or any of the other things.

She mostly seems to survive on doing patreon type of things, she even created some kind of fan name for her fans and is currently feeding on them.

I mean honestly she's never really done anything to get fame she has and thankfully because of her aging has continued to lower the ceiling on her so she'll be disappearing soon.

Teach me your ways, master

Just girls?

No, guys too.

Grope me, user ;)

I met my girlfriend at a con. So there's that.