ITT: Superhero costumes that would no longer be acceptable because of how sexualized they are

ITT: Superhero costumes that would no longer be acceptable because of how sexualized they are.

This one is clearly the winner.

Reminder that she got what she deserved.

if only she'd worn some armor

How gay was the artist?

Pretty much anything from Grell's Legion would never fly today.

Anything by Grell, period.

I think you might be projecting.

>The Funnies
>not actually funny

what did the golden age mean by this

Vampirella always targeted a certain audience, this wouldn't be a problem if it was released today.

Too lewd for me.

rip

I just went through the issue to see if there was at least one humor strip.
I'm still not sure if there was one or not. Closest I could find was Pie Gobb and except for the style it might have just been a sports manga.

I'm utterly horrified by this art.

The golden age was a terrifying time.

Some of the golden age is meant to be innocent, and comes across as nightmare fuel today.

Good lord yes.

Most of the decent artists were drafted.
Kirby was in Europe drawing maps.

I can only imagine what they looked like....

watch her new comics.

Yeah, they only had a sad remnant of quality left by 1942

why's it shifted off center

>Jon Sable Freelance

Night Girl'sVampirella costume.

Infinite Crisis was rough

Looking through this thread, does anyone think any of these costumes are actually good? Look at this That's not a costume, that's lingerie. Just because it has sex appeal doesn't mean its good design.

Nuttin personal kid

Na, these costumes are all pretty terrible. Not to say that revealing can't be good. I like Starfire's 80's design.

Fatality still had the same costume but then it was revealed she was just a shape shifting sex freak so idk.

My guess is we're within a decade or less of seeing this return.
Today we have Zero compelling new characters, no Tna, shit writing all around, downplay of the importance of the art.
It is like money lying on the ground waiting for someone to take it.

There's nothing wrong with any of these.

most of them are hideous. vampirella still looks cool though

To be fair that template was really ugly. The mobile game has a good version though.

are all good.

Not according to Dynamite...

>covering the flesh parts up

JFC america

>Society's self-proclaimed moral guardians are bigger prudes than those of the 1940s
What the hell happened?

They were just holes for the sake of holes. No design function. It looked weird rather than stylized. Look at Saturn Girl's for a good pink uniform that showed skin

In the Image I posted it looks like her bush is glowing. I kinda like it but then her new Outfit is also okay.

The whole concept of Star Sapphires is odd. Why do they kill you after they fuck you?

>implying male sexualisation as an issue is not laughed upon

You're actually proving the point. It wouldn't be acceptable today, but it's for a different reasoning than the female lewd costumes ("looks silly" vs "looks slutty").

Ill post the issue explaining it user.

What didn't make sense is that they stayed focus on romantic love with only like two examples of other love (that one girl whose sister I think died and WW loving everyone).

Yeah it pissed me off that Carol a vet Star Sapphire thought she can only go Sapphire if she wanted to fuck Hal, fuck the whole thing with Relic was a mistake.

Whoops, didn't mean to quote anybody

Forgot the retcon of Deborah but she got
slaughtered by the Spectre

I mean Sue is a Whore.

thanks man

There is no costume with an ab window that wouldn't be significantly more aesthetic as just a top and bottom set/bikini.

This artist is such a huge turnoff

So user the reason they fuck the GL of the sector is so noone can stop them from putting the planet in suspended animation so they wont fight anymore.

Wont post the rest of the issue.

yeah, holy shit they're bad

Why did she wear this

Midlife crisis

Theres always at least one woman wearing this at a sex party.

My dick could not handle Sue in an actual bikini costume, user

Maybe that's why they made it look so ugly. She would be distractingly hot if it was actually properly designed but showed the same amount of skin.

To be quite honest, I don't like cheesecake in comics. Maybe I'm a prude, but when I'm reading comics and the female characters are scantily clad and wearing skin tight clothing or shoving gratuitous amounts of cleavage, it makes me feel kind of creepy. It's probably why comic fans have the "creep" stereotype in the first place.

>good

It depends to me, if they're a super hero then Im not a fan but if they're criminals like Catwoman Im okay with it. Inb4 "I BET YOU DRESS LIKE A WHORE"

Cheesecake to me is less about design and more about how the artist draws it. Like when they make WW's bottoms a thong instead of a normal leotard bottom, that is not the fault of the costume.

well you just have bad taste tbqh

What was even weirder was that they started drawing and coloring Sue different. She became muscular with a defined six-pack and got a deep tan to her skin.

They can wear whatever they want.

The actress for her in the movie specifically called this out as being slutty and sexist.

The boob shields are too much, but the costume as a whole is fine. I would bet she hadn't even seen a picture of it when she saw it though. Just kind of the meme around normies that all comic costumes are over the top when it comes to women.

Yeah, we're so much better today with our entirely serious COMIC books

Yeah. It's generic actor static that could be about any character in any movie really.

>Valkyrie is blonde in the comics — that must have made this even cooler.
>Yeah, it’s really great. We have so many conversations particularly now about representation in film. I think the unfortunate thing about a lot of these fantasy movies is when they’re based on source material a lot of these comics were written in a time when that wasn’t a part of the conversation as far as having representation. Not just having characters that reflect the world we live in but how we represent the characters. If we were also dedicated to the source material, Valkyrie would potentially be a female Thor but she’s fighting in basically a bathing suit, which is also absurd. So we had a conversation of, what is a strong look? Like, she should probably be in pants. That probably makes more sense for the kind of work she’s doing. And we had conversations about her sort of feeling like a tomboy and having a certain masculinity about her while still being very much a woman.

>It’s such an exciting time to be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, like you look at a cast like Black Panther. I think it’s really important for little boys and little girls to go to these movies and see themselves reflected on screen. I’m really excited about this generation of young women that can look at a screen and see some brown people in space. I’m happy to join Idris Elba so he doesn’t have to be the only one. He’s lonely!

>The actress for her in the movie specifically called this out as being slutty and sexist.

Well fuck her then.

Yeah it's not really worth getting upset about. They're just ignorant.

yeah, I don't care. DESU the movie version of Valkyrie sounds and looks like they could have named her anything at all and it wouldn't have made a difference. She has nothing at all in common with the comic book Brunnhilde/Val and the only reason they named her Brunnhilde is to get some weak "Oh look this is totally a comics character", sort of like the random characters named Bereet and Carina in GOTG.

I think it's OK if the sex thing is a part of their character, like Catwoman who is all about seduction and manipulation, but every female hero doesn't need to have that. i was reading a Leia comic the other day and the sexualization for her (in her Empire outfit, not Slave Leia) stood out to me

>i was reading a Leia comic the other day and the sexualization for her (in her Empire outfit, not Slave Leia)
It was Dodson, wasn't it?

For some reason there are people who claim that the costumes are to blame for lewd drawings when in reality anything can be sexualized. This kind of situation is proof that you have to blame the artists rather than the designs.

This one was one of my first faps.

Yeah, you're right if its in their character then it's all good. Like Soranik it doesnt make sense why shes showing so much cleavage, she's supposed to be a smart doctor minus the trashy back tattoo. compared to like Black Cat who's supposed to be Sex in a shape of a person.

It's like she confused it with the Ultimates bikini.

Expect MCU synergy (Tacticool)

I feel like cleavage itself isn't too much, but it should be drawn less like the boobs are the focus. Gleason drew Sora well.

Her costume is perfect.

It depends on who's drawing her sometimes the breasts are too overly exposed. I like her new outfit but then I like skin tight costumes.

I think the shield boobs are the stereotypical Valkyrie look, even Courage the cowardly dog Valkyrie episode had them. Nothings wrong with the costume tho and the actress complaining how ridiculous the comic costume look is retarded.

That costume was mocked the second it was made.

None of these would be acceptable back then either. Reason why they made Wonder Girl.

>It's probably why comic fans have the "creep" stereotype in the first place.
No its because comic fans are traditionally considered nerds & nerds can't get laid in societies eyes traditionally.

I'm a guy, and if I had the right power set and build, I would fly around in nothing but a cape.

The mark of my divinity shall scar thy DNA.

I wish I had the right body to try out that whole sleeves with no shirt look.
It's a strong look.