Be winning 50-0

>be winning 50-0
>opponent seeker randomly catches a glimsp of a tiny flying ball and catches it
>lose 50-150

>be winning 50 - 48
>opponent player randomly scores a 3 pointer on the last second
>lose 50-51

But that's any given game of Family Feud.

whats wrong with that? It's within the rules

It's a sport made up by a woman. No wonder it doesn't make sense.

yeah maths isnt the wizarding worlds strong suit

Krum Lost

With the snitch being worth so much, why don't all other players just focus on tackling the enemy seeker?

>The highlight of a sport is something spectators can't see
Women really don't get sports.

Only because Rowling has a crush on Irishmen, she so desperately wanted to be HOT GANGBANGED XXX by the Irish Quidditch team

plus tip

It's almost as if the entire sport was created so the protagonist person who catches that tiny flying ball gets a big win moment nearly every year

why didnt they ever play against other schools

>your team focuses on pinning the opposing seeker down
>opposing team scores 510 points with ease
>finally catch the snitch 6 hours later
>still lose
gee i wonder why

>A sport invented by a woman has terrible rules that make no sense

Who would’ve known?

there were other wizard schools?

At least the slav and the slut schools.

Not enough of them
>beauxbatons and Durmstrang are the only other schools in Europe, let alone the UK
>Ilvermorny students probably play Quodpot anyway
>Taking students to Asia, South America and Africa to play quidditch

The maths don’t make sense at all either, because there’s like 28 quidditch players at Hogwarts at any given time, but then there’s about 20 or so quidditch league teams in the UK with 7 players each. Where do these teams draft new players from? Hogwarts is the only school where students might get to play quidditch, but like a fraction of their students actually play, what’s more, each house team only plays 3 games a year against the other houses. So they get fuck all game time. On top of that, many of the students who play quidditch, such as Harry, James, Ron and Charlie never go into it professionally.

>but Krum gets the snitch

Why would he do this and cause the game to end with his team losing?

Hogwarts is like the Oxbridge of the wizard world. There are other schools.

The only way it can really work is if in most games the ball isn't caught and the game times out because it is so hard.
I don't even know if there is a time limit though or if it needsd tyo be caught.

It needs to be caught, there's a line in the books about some games lasting days.

Never thought of this. The strategy of Quidditch is truly fucked.

wait. what?

There is no time limit on this stupid game?

According to "Quidditch through the Ages" the longest game lasted three months.
lmao

>t.American implying that American Football isn't retarded

because harry is the seeker and he had to be the hero ever single time

Wizards live longer and are healthier/more active more active at an older age. There wouldn't be as much demand for newer players, especially in a sport that involves sitting.

god i hate harry potter everything in that movies sucks for me

There's no point at all in scoring goals using the hoops and quaffle, you might as well just focus on getting your seeker to catch the snitch and instantly win. It's such a stupid sport, my university has a "muggle quidditch" team, i have no idea how they make it work.

are there muslim wizards ?

If that’s the case, what’s their names?
The books have never indicated there is another wizard school in the British isles, only that young British and Irish students, but it’s implied young wizards who don’t go to Hogwarts are home taught.

>ball that has no effect on the rest of the game gives you 5 billion points
>and instantly ends the game

Truly the dullest fictional sport

>_>

Except there are two main problems with this analogy:
1: Basketball is on a timer. The game only ended there because of the timer. In Quidditch, catching the Snitch immediately ends the game.
2: The team that ended up winning was barely behind. Meanwhile in Quidditch, the team that caught the Snitch can win so long as they are at most 14 Quaffle shots behind the other team.

Yeah, and it gets better, games can last for months or can end in like 12 seconds. It basically comes down to pure luck. If the snitch accidentally flies up one of the seekers sleeves, it counts as them catching it.

Imagine buying a ticket to a game and having it finish in 12 seconds. Alternatively, imagine buying a ticket and the game lasting over a day, and when you finally can't bear to watch any longer you leave only to find out the game finished 2 minutes after you left. How the fuck do you schedule things like that? What would happen if a game lasted a month at Hogwarts? Would students just fail all their subjects?

Never understood this game or read the book- I thought the snitch only came around as a tie breaker? Like an alternative to a shoot out in a sport.

It should be obvious through the book that the snitch is fucking difficult to find, since some pro teams spend days playing without catching it.

Harry Potter is just a Mary Sue by birth, and is naturally good at catching it

That's haram. Islam is still medieval so practicing sorcery means they're going to literally stone you to death. These are the people that throw gays off of buildings and cut people's heads off for fun.

It's shocking how culturally sheltered and ignorant most Western people are.

because women can't into sports. more news at my dick

How did they get away with many of the faux pas that riddled the books and movies? Oh wait they didn't, and that's why it will forever be cemented as easily one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Based

>has a points system
>game only finishes when the gold ball is caught
>which ever team catches it wins the match
>has a points system

>Play qudditch
>wands are allowed
>why not rape the girls and wipe there memories?

Did Harry and Draco fuck?

what took you so long motherfucker?

Why not keep the beaters and the goalie, and have everybody else be seekers?

Why not have the whole team, except maybe one, go for the snitch during the beginning of the game? The score advantage is such that
it's extremely likely you'll end the game ahead.

Wizards aren't very good at strategy or critical thinking. Keep in mind, these are the same people who just a few years ago used to shit themselves and magic it away.

He knew they would keep losing points, its explained

In OP's example, the other team didn't score at all but then won immediately, even though they had previously conceived 50 points. The equivalent scenario would be if the other team had 0 instead of 48, then won 51-50. Are all basketball fans this retarded?

Wouldn't this apply to the long form of Cricket too where games can last up to 5 days. How can anyone make plans around such nonsense?

the books were written by a woman. you can't expect logic from a pussy

Quidditch is nothing but a plot device. She threw it in so Harry and Gryffindor could be on track to lose and then have him save the day and win the game. Harry is pretty much the only player worth a damn on Gryffindor's team. I can't imagine how hard they always lost after he left school.

>"No!"
Always gets me

I think it is explained that the points they score on Quidditch are added to their house's points and goal difference is the tie breaker to determine the league winner.

is this obsessed kino?

>t. fragile and flimsy soccer player that can't handle a man's sport

There are about 6 wizard schools in total
3 in Europe
1 in Japan
1 in Africa
1 in America
this is if I'm remembering correctly
The wizard population is actually very small (and also very inbred) I think there are only supposed to be about a few thousand wizards in the UK

so surely if a team is playing better it's better to not get the snitch and try and see if you can maximise your point difference first

>cucklas shrugged
>god tier
ahahah surely you jest my copy pasta friend

RRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>AAHHAHRRRGHGH
"ARGH"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>says nothing about America or football
>fragile eurotrash still gets triggered
superiority breeds jealousy

imagine being this bum-flustered that someone doesn't like your favourite book

>which ever team catches it wins the match
“No!”
The losing team could be 500-0 down, the seeker catches the snitch, and they still end up losing 500-150.

>imagine being this new

Why is there always someone pointing out the placing of a book in this image? I swear it happens every time. There's even a version of that image with fucking Clifford the Big Red Dog and people still point out how this or that book is too high.

>Taking students to Asia, South America and Africa to play quidditch
don't they have all sorta crazy fucking magic teleports, shouldn't be an issue

The points go to your house dude, for end of year shit talking

>t. Just read HPMOR
Go back to stroking Yudkowsky's ego on Twitter

Harry did delay catching the snitch in one occasion, so that Gryffindor could get a goal difference good enough to win the league.