Marvel legacy is reviving tony stark, ridding peter of his Wayne corp esc company...

Marvel legacy is reviving tony stark, ridding peter of his Wayne corp esc company, and bringing hulk back as well as other things. Opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbeat.com/titling-at-windmillls-259-what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-marvel-comics-anyway/
comicsbeat.com/marvel-layoffs-the-cheapskate-is-coming-from-inside-the-house-of-ideas/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Creative teams not changing.
>Bendis and Slott are still employed.
>They will still be pushing their new OCs.
>"UGH, fiiiiiiiine, we'll give the characters you like their old costume! Fucking happy now, jerks."

Nothing changes.

Bruce really shouldn't come back yet. He's been languishing under anyone other than Pak for years and Totally Awesome is the culmination of Pak's years of work.

So basically going back to the problems they had a few years ago. But the forced diversity characters are still sticking around.

Also

At this point the only way to entice me into a Marvel book is to get a writer/artist team on it that I can really get behind.

The problem is most of the creators at Marvel are an unknown quantity to me at this point.

>starlin
>using the mcu gotg

Th-they got you too old buddy?

Marvel needs to increase their talent pool. Almost all of their best writers are gone and have either went to DC or independent comic publishers. Who do they have left? Bendis, Slott, Bunn, Lemire, Waid and Spencer and a few other smaller writers who seem to have gotten tips on how to write a story from Tumblr. Their stable is shit, and their management is even more shit. Until they get their act together internally, it doesn't matter what surface level things they give us.

At this point Marvel needs an absolute revamp. If anything, the Marvel Adventures was the way to go by keeping the characters at their core roots, establishing that certain 616 events still happened, but at the same time being a new and convoluted-free zone.

Personally I like Parker being rich, him having resources makes sense so he can fund his Tech.

I thought lemire was gone after Moon Knight ends in a month (maybe two)

Lemire is done with Marvel. Bunn does what he wants since he's writing DC as well as his indy titles.

Call me when cheesecake returns.

>"We're undoing years of development and heading back to the status quo!"

And I'm supposed to be excited why?

This. Make it so Danvers has been a Skrull since she got the dyke cut. In fact make all the legacy characters Skrulls and have the OGs come back to kill them.

It does make sense
Unfortunately, making sense was not ever the reason anybody liked Spider-Man

It would make sense for Batman to just use a robot suit like Iron Man 24/7 as well, he wouldn't have a reason to employ stealth if he made himself a tank, which he certainly has the tech to do so, but guess what....that would take away from the appeal of Batman and the things his fans like

Marvel announcing their next big event in 2018:
>You loved Civil War II...
>Get ready for Secret Invasion II: Electric Boogaloo
>Written by Brian Michael Bendis & Gabby Rivera

It wont solve anything because they still have shit writers

BMB and Rivera. You know what. I want that story time thread. It'll be a fucking riot.

I really hope it continues to tank, because "DIFFERENT!" is not what's wrong with Marvel. The problem is that a vast majority of their output is just awful.

Well I guess you can argue if Parkers poor he needs to work smarter but I dont think I can handle Peter being poor again. Just give us back the Marriage back jesus christ Marvel.

I don't even think he needs to be explicitly "poor", but he's always been the kind of hero who relishes in the fact that when he's not in tights he tries his best to live a "normal" life like any regular joe

/thread.

I've been saying this since day 1. They could undo OMD but if Slott is still writing don't expect a golden age of Spidey.

Marvel legacy is a trap. People should be calling for an editorial and a talent change, rather than a return to status quo for all of Marvel\s characters.

Nah, Parker Industries was pure shit. Just read Iron Man.

>work smarter
No. He spends his time fighting crime. It has nothing to do with being smart being a fucking business man that creates a fortune takes 100 percent of your time.

Stark and Wayne inherited millions (billions adjusted for inflation) and strong performing, globalized corporations which would be on par with GE. Peter has to build a brand and company from the ground up. That's not just impossible as in "its comics lol he can do it" it simply could not happen.

Can Marvel pull a new52 where its a reboot but some elements are still around? I think that's the saving grace of Marvel right now.

>development

WHAT ABOUT FANTASTIC FOUR

Starlin has never given a single fuck about Star-lord, Groot or Rocket Raccoon. For those three, he pretty much only knows their movie versions and has no reason to deviate from that for them.

Fuck no. New 52 was retarded and confusing.

My point was that even though the time line was fucked they were still able to revamp their line while maintaining some elements that fans liked. They could cull the characters that aren't doing well and try to return to the era where people actually liked Marvel, y'know?

>they were still able to revamp their line while maintaining some elements that fans liked
Nigger: Nu52 failed and DCYou failed EVEN HARDER! They needed Rebirth to get that shit right.

Do you even read comics?

It won't matter for shit because they are still going to be using the same stable of horrible writers and artist and still try to have their SJW cake by pushings characters like Riri and America

Sadest thing is though that it will undoubtedly work because fanboys are suckers

They released good titles and I only ever read GL anyway which was basically left untouched by the reboot and why is there an assumption that Nu52 "failed" and that if Marvel followed in a soft reboot they'd also fail, they might be able to pull it off if they don't release too many titles and the other option is that nothing changes and Marvel remains stagnant.

Shill, please.

Reported because this "shill" shit has gotten out of hand as it is and that's not even close to a proper use of it.

Lurk more faggot. Or just leave.

>announcing your reports
Confirmed for newfag.

Sure, I'm the newfag. You definitely showed me.

>Hating New52 makes you a shill.

You must /really/ like bad shit.

I can't see it working in anything but the extremely short term- if at all.

Not gonna fix the glut of bad writers, bad artists, and an editorial department that refuses to do their jobs. Marvel Legacy is a distraction tactic.

>let hulk stay dead
the inbred son of hulk from the wasteland would be a good replacement
>let peter get lost in time or other dimensions for a bit again

this wont actually matter if marvel just stick with their decisions for a bit instead theyre letting comic sales dictate the story

The problem is the people they tried to appeal to with the changes would savage them if they every actually apologized and cleaned house. Look what happened when the SALES GUY simply said sales didn't live up to the hype.

Many of the bad writers and artists are on these garbage books. Not all, but many of them.

>Opinions?
I think this sums up exactly why it's NOT GOING TO HELP AT ALL:
comicsbeat.com/titling-at-windmillls-259-what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-marvel-comics-anyway/

1 - EVERYTHING is a sales stunt with Modern Marvel. You can only CHANGE THE MARBLE UNIVERSE FOREVER so many times in a row before it's boring.

2 - Making you comics harder to collect means less people will bother trying to collect them. FFS they just gave out a free book to walk people though the last few years of reboots/relaunches/renumberings and it literally only went back as far as Marvel Now!

3 - Image Related. We recently had a crossover between Silk, Spider-Gwen, and Spider-Woman; Black Panther sold well ... so we got World of Wakanda AND The Crew. That doesn't move more units, that splits the number of units BETWEEN the niche audience ( and then marvel gets greedy and tries to FORCE them to buy all of the books with shit like Spider-Women and people just drop the whole sorry mess ).

4 - Talent Drain. Seriously. Look at the quality of the output since Secret Wars. When you've got Guggencuck shitting out your Flagship X-Book you're not even pretending to give a shit.

They need a hard reboot. Period. And I don't just mean the clusterfuck of current continuity either. Alonso and the rest of the "management" HAVE GOT TO GO.

Is Peter becoming a professor again? Teacher Peter is the best choice.

can we get a stupid peter? I don't think thats been done before

well he is stupid now but stupid in a non intelligent kind of way

No, why would we want that? Peter's smart, he's just not "run an internationally company" smart. Being a college level professor seems to be right up his alley.

>an editorial department that refuses to do their jobs
I doubt they could do much better if they wanted to:
comicsbeat.com/marvel-layoffs-the-cheapskate-is-coming-from-inside-the-house-of-ideas/

TL;DR Jewmutter decided to artificially inflate the short term profits by laying off half of the editorial staff back in 2011 ... so if you've wondered why "Marvel Editorial" has been an oxymoron for the last 6 years or so?

don't they still have Joe Kelly? I think he could write a good spidey comic

>Flagship X-Book
That's not a good metric for overall quality of the company. Marvel is actively trying to destroy the X-Men brand.

Whales might return. They bought anything shit Marvel used to put out but the new SJW heroes were the final straw which made those morons finally stop supporting shitty Marvel comics.

They figured if they just invite all the bloggers and IGN to the office they could milk a few years of good press and decent reviews on books that deserve no higher than a 3/10 and no more than 5 issues.

I don't think Uncle Guggie has done anything for the Marvelites to hate him.

At least he can listen to criticism.

He works better as a high school teacher. Parker could be a lecturer (and write exams and shit) but most faculties require you to also continually conduct and publish research. There's no way that Parker would be able to maintain that on top of his super-hero life.

Professor's get more leeway than high school teachers, and they make their own hours.

no I feel the appeal of Spider-Man is his constant failure, his parker luck makes us able to project onto him to a certain extent as we are all in a cycle of self deprecation and feel our own luck is almost as bad as Parkers. The fact that it's such a struggle for him to pay for his bills, his aunt, food and such yet still going out to save others while his own wellbeing is endangered is driving force in the theme of Spider-Man particularly present in the time from the 80's to the 90's which I think we can all agree is one of the best times of Spider-Man with Venom being a relatively new and exciting villain and having Mary Jane to support him instead of some shitskin midget.

>Being a college level professor seems to be right up his alley.
You know why they had him work as a freelance photog? Because a freelance photog doesn't keep regular office hours!

Having him do his best Tony Stark impression while people bitch about him missing meetings every issue is retarded; but he could at least plausibly get away with it for a bit because HE OWNS THE FUCKING COMPANY! How many times do you suppose he could show up late for a public school/community college before he got the ax?

Called it.

No, they don't. Why would you believe this. Maybe at community college this is true but most professors at legitimate institutions are constantly re-certifying and researching to publish works.

High school teachers are in t 7 out at 3 and work for less than half of the year.

user, as a former teacher I had to work outside office hours. Correcting exams, preparing lessons because I hate textbooks, etc.

>I don't think Uncle Guggie has done anything for the Marvelites to hate him.
You've obviously never read Young X-Men.

>At least he can listen to criticism.
Marc, you're drunk. Go home.

And this is why you think you had such a tough job. Because those dastardly professors (who are almost always adjunct at this point) get to come and go from campus. Also, you not liking text books doesn't make the profession harder or have longer hours. That's a self-inflicted burden.

You get summers off.

>I don't know what your job is like, but I love to hear myself talking

>not liking Arrow
Assholes.

>I don't know what your job is like, but I love to hear myself talking

Coming from a "teacher" who doesn't like text books this is fucking hilarious.

Also, coming from a teacher who thinks his job is tougher than a professor it's doubly hilarious.

What the fuck did you teach, P.E.?

>all teachers are like all the teachers I knew
wew lad

>teaching high school kids is easy!
Republican Detected

>I couldn't get a job in the actual school system because I lack anything that could be considered credentials
>but the local community college will pay me to read out of a textbook so people can say they passed a class in Photoshop
>WHY WON'T PEOPLE TAKE ME SERIOUSLY??
You should just kill yourself, senpai.

Funny, that isn't even close to what I said. If you're the teacher you MUST have been a PE teacher with that level of comprehension.

However, if you're the teacher I think we see the problem. You have no reasoning skills and so you resort to saying things that aren't true based on assumptions.

What I said has yet to be refuted because that is exactly what teacher's lives are like. Some work service jobs in their off time if they need to provide for a youngin.

The basis for this entire conversation is that Peter Parker would have more leeway and free time being a professor than a teacher. Which is simply untrue.

Someone that works 180 days (and some half days in august) and gets out at 3pm has vastly more time than someone conducting research, grading papers at least (and this is a VERY generous number) twice as long as the once you read in high school, as well as working at multiple universities because, as I stated, many are adjunct.

Also another PE teacher because quote for me where I said teaching high schoolers was easy.

And you learned all that by being a NEET. Amazing.

Where the fuck did I say any of that?

Jesus fucking Christ I didn't know so many booty-blasted gym teachers and their boyfriends posted on Sup Forums.

>LOL U GAY
No wonder they expelled you from school, kid.

What makes you think I'm a NEET?

Why are you here otherwise, NEET?

>have no reasoning skills and so you resort to saying things that aren't true based on assumptions.
And yet:
>booty-blasted gym teachers and their boyfriends
Projection: Ur Doin' It Right!

Yet another self loathing cuckservative ball-gargler. So predictable. Sad.

It will all mean nothing if the writing doesn't improve with the changes.

I love how this moved from defending the assertion that professors have more "leeway" than teachers to attacking me.

Seems to me I proved to be the only one with an actual point in this exchange.

and people claim Sup Forums is the problem. what does any of this have to do with politics. I sidestepped your assumption earlier to avoid a political discussion.

it's about as true as the NEET comments.

>people claim Sup Forums is the problem
>which is why I'm trying my luck here on Sup Forums
Damn, son. You just can't win for losing.

Phoned in stories and character regression isn't what I'd call development.

>look ma, I defeated someone online! Again!
And you didn't even need to attend school.

Batman whips out his robot suit everytime he has to punch a super asshole, actually.

>says something stupid and demonstrably false
>gets called on his bullshit
>doubles down while being laughably hypocritical
>cries about "being attacked"
Confirmed for Sup Forumslack.

So, Mr. Teacher, tell me why Peter would have more time and leeway as a high school teacher than as a professor.

Or will you find a way to make this question about me again?

No matter how many times you call me a Sup Forumslack it doesn't make it true lol.

And quote where I was wrong and where that was proven.

>imma just pretend the entire last exchange didn't happen and repeat myself
>that'll totally work out differently for me this time

>quote where I was wrong and where that was proven.
Is your honor in danger, princess?

If it gets me an answer, fine, I'll help you feel like you were right about me.

I'm such a NEET I don't have a single degree. I'm such a Sup Forumslack that I blame all the ills on the goym and mudslimes.

Now tell me why peter would have more time and more leeway in his schedule as a professor than as a teacher.

>Sales will go up at first because fanboys never heard of reading shit online instead of wasting their money on it
>HAHA Marvel is back baby!
>Sales go down to the usual numbers
>HA we knew you racist bigots don't like uneventful books with the old white characters
>Infinity Gauntlet 2: The Oogachaka by Brian Michael Bendis

>I'm such a Sup Forumslack that I blame all the ills on the goym and mudslimes
Thanks, now I can ignore you.

Same creative teams, same editors. The only good books coming out right now are the self contained stories like Iron Fist, Thanos etc and even then the mainline books kill the continuity for those.

>People should be calling for an editorial and a talent change

This. Openly demand the heads of Alonso, Bendis, Slott, Perlmutter and that lickspittle whose name I can't remember at the moment. Bring back Shooter

Why the fuck did you any of you respond to my first post if you had literally nothing to provide but personal attacks towards me?

Seriously what have you proven or gained from this?

I still feel like I'm in the right, you assumedly feel the same way. So why even reply?

They have Aaron. Sup Forums hates him, but he is great

>why even reply?
To see you meltdown.

Except when he writes Marvel.

That's a meltdown?

Also, you had no intention of actually continuing the discussion?

You can bring back status quo without rebooting. New 52 was retarded.

I know Quesadilla doesn't write anymore but can we get rid of him too? I hate that autistic manchild

What, you don't want to answer my question? No more smarmy responses? Is it because the answer would be a clear rules violation in a place with very few and very simple rules?

There's shit posting then there's derailing. You faggots did the latter. I wish mods did their job.

From Sup Forums accusations to having no intent of holding a discussion, you've done nothing but shit up the thread.

Not the same guy but you're pretty wrong on the workload for high school teachers. Even elementary school teachers spend a ton of time outside of class marking work and prepping for the next class. Thinking they're done at 3 is pretty ignorant.

College professor could be cool in a similar role to Indiana Jones, with plenty of 'research trips' and sabbaticals.

All that "outside" work a teacher is doing professors are doing. Just the papers they grade are much longer and intensive.

I find it interesting you say it's ignorant to think teachers are done at three but then claim professors could just go off an be Indiana Jones.

On a day to day basis I simply don't see how being a professor allows more time and
"leeway" to be spider-man than being a teacher would.

>I simply don't see
Of course you don't...

What the fuck happened to this place?

You try and debate someone and they basically just throw their hands up and say "you don't agree with me so you must be X". And yes, me telling you that you're wrong is a debate. Debates don't need to end in agreement. But there hasn't been a single case made that even attempts to tell me why I'm wrong.

It's literally just been "dude teachers work as hard as professors" and when I respond "but professors do everything teachers do just on a higher level and possibly at more than one institution" I'm hit with some ad hominem about how I must be this or that if I don't understand.

Why can't someone just counter that with any sort of explanation?