Other urls found in this thread:

americanliterature.com/author/w-w-jacobs/short-story/the-monkeys-paw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>it's a monkey's paw because Aku will die

Monkey's paws aren't genies, user.

He already did.

>it'll be good but autists on Sup Forums will hate it

Delete this

Why didn't anything bad happen to Summer when she used a monkey paw?

Something bad did happen, the devil betrayed her.

old one
>"i wish for a 4th Boondocks season."

40 SJ threads in Sup Forums, everyday

That wasn't because of the monkey paw, though. That's just what the devil does.

Reminder that Monkey Paws are supposed to be coincidental, not blatantly magical, bluntly literal, purposefully negative, or a catch 22.

Reminder that the allure of the Money Paw is that you never know whether it actually granted your wish, of if the events leading up to the fulfillment of the wish were going to happen anyway

>i.e Billy asks the monkey paw for a apple, so when he later checks the refrigerator for food, he notices an apple behind some leftovers in the back of the fridge.

Until you hate it enough to write Genndy letters.

Yeah like how zombies bang on people's doors every day.

I wish people stop flodding Sup Forums with the flavor of the month shows.

YOUR WISH IS GRANTED, NEW SEASON OF SAMURAI JACK, TITLED: "SAMURAI JACK AND AKU BABIES IN JACK FOR REJACKTION" SHALL BE ON ADULT SWIM IN 2018

shh, just because he never read the story doesn't make him ill informed.

Have you read the story?

stupid jojo poster, read the actual story it comes from

americanliterature.com/author/w-w-jacobs/short-story/the-monkeys-paw

>"Morris said the things happened so naturally," said his father, "that you might if you so wished attribute it to coincidence."

And then a fucking zombie shows up

a coincidental zombie!

>"Hold it up in your right hand, and wish aloud," said the Sargeant-Major, "But I warn you of the consequences."
>"If you must wish," he said gruffly, "Wish for something sensible."

The monkey's paw magically grants the wish, but instead of only giving you the result with no consequence, it happens "naturally" by having other events transpire and cause the end result.
If not their son dying, the money might have also been delivered to them by falling out of a bank truck or something.

yes a great coincidence. wish for a dead loved one to not be dead and their corpse starts knocking on your door.
the paw does grant the wish by messing with natural order.

Nah, there will be a /sj/ instead.

When did Sup Forums get so terrible?

I know it's always been terrible, but it's becoming a bit too apparent right now.

But there's still an element of interpretation involved with it. You can say the monkey paw caused it, or you can say it didn't, because of the way the monkey paw manipulates reality. Which, in any case, doesn't automatically mean negative occurrences will be caused.

The manipulation of reality means the argument could be made that the son was to come back alive without the help of the Monkey Paw. Think about it, many people get buried alive, many people survive severe mutilation, are you saying it can't just be the case? Can you be certain, or can you only speculate?

Despite it all, it's being used wrong in this thread, and the example i gave aligned with the story more.

Sup Forums is older now.

When trump won and the sjws started "fighting back" harder