Was going back to his old self really necessary? I was expecting his gi to return, but why everything else?

Was going back to his old self really necessary? I was expecting his gi to return, but why everything else?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xA9hQx-SJ5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=vyGFM5CGnoo
mega.nz/#!dmonEZzY!LUdElLnMPuLuAcSyt6lIPxcS77UizAU0uaTS_hrThlo
youtu.be/3mCQiu9X2mM?t=107
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It doesn't even feel like 13 years passed at all

I'm fine with it
I was hoping he's cut his hair himself though

This. It doesn't feel right.

I was hoping for something like pic related when it came to his beard and hair.

also, not a Jashi shipper/Samurai Dad supporter but I like how he looks here

Because he had to get back to the past to play the shitty games that suck ass

yeah I didn't really like this part at all. Kinda killed the episode for me desu

>Was going back to his old self really necessary?
Yes

It never felt right, not even in the begining

They should of at least given him his armor back, like they did with his father.

I thought that was going to be the case the minute they blasted him.

This moment was the worst shit and dissapoitment I've ever seen

Really disappointing everything

Giennadij Borisowicz Tartakowskij is not my animator

I thought his armor from the first episode was more representative of the new, lost his way jack

>all these anons completely missing the point of it all

>now I see
>laser eyes pew pew, anger bye bye
>I'm baaaaaack

So much for kino.

Enlighten us.

Yeah, I'll miss the beard, but I kind of expected him to shave it himself.

>but why everything else?
The fuck you mean everything else? You mean the top knot? He has no other physical traits.

Fighting anger only makes it stronger

looks like someone didn't watch jack vs mad jack.

>Giennadij Borisowicz Tartakowskij
He's Russian, not a Pole.

It's "Gennadiy Borisovich Tartakovsky".

His skin tone changed. He's bright as fuck now.

I was annoyed because Jack didn't get badass samurai armour and a flying cloud.

>no hairstyle like this
feelsbad

stop being autistic I copied that from local wikipedia

kimono technically

He called it a gi in old seasons.

I just wish it wasn't so rushed. And the anger could slowly fade away, not dissapear in a bright explosion. Anger doesn't just dissapear like that, it slowly goes away.

Looks like someone remained a child and didn't have higher expectations from an ADULT continuation.

I thought the whole point of his character arc was letting go of the past and embracing who he is and how things are now. Going back to classic Jack just feels wrong in that context.

the scene was clearly rushed, but what made it weird for me was how his expression changed as the wave of light passed over him. I mean yes, obviously he's happy to have his sword back and to have beaten his inner demons, but it would have been better if the expression change happened at literally any other moment - doing it this way made it look like the gods magically cured his depression, and it just seemed a little creepy

>stop being intelligent
>I'm stupid and I rely on an easily changed infobank for info

Jack's beared and haggard appearance signifies all of the loss and damage he went through during his prolonged period of suffering and struggling with his rage, depression, and lack of way.

His transformation back into his clean-shaven state with his old clothing signifies him being back to top form. That his spirit has been renewed. He's been revitalized and is no longer on the straying path

This. Haircuts are serious business.

Super rushed episode. Sword, haircut, shave all in one. It almost nulls out the previous six.

>Looks like someone remained a child and didn't have higher expectations from an ADULT continuation.

Looks like someone is a fucking mongoloid that thinks this was ever aimed at adults.

>Super rushed episode. Sword, haircut, shave all in one. It almost nulls out the previous six.
No it doesn't. Yes, it's a bit rushed, but the season only has 10 episodes to tell all of this.

The previous six episodes still display his struggle and how far he fell in all those years. His despair over his failures and everything.

That's like saying that if they spent two/three episodes where all of this happens, then the previous episodes would be nulled because the conflict was dealt with.

>"I have been keeping us alive this whole time!" - Mad Jack, Episode 7
>"Neck yourself, faggot." - Mad Jack, Episode 2

I feel like the ideas for hallucination Jack shifted gears at some point.

the laser eyes were a metaphor for him seeing clearly, no longer clouded by anger

To be fair, he was keeping them alive all that time up to that point.

But then again, Mad Jack is just a representation of all of Jack's extreme emotions rolled into one. His negative emotions condensed into one being.

Am I an edgelord for wishing he got his armor back

It was pretty cool armor. I would've liked a blend of the old and the new, to be honest.

>Fujoshits BTFO

feels goodman

I was hoping that he'd keep a trimmed beard.

>not cutting his own hair to symbolise cutting away his last 60whatever years of regret and being in keeping with samurai shit
Felt weird.

I didn't mind him going back to his old self. What I found retarded was the way it was done. I thought he was going to retrieve his sword from wherever it was, shave his beard, cut his hair and probably make over the gi himself or have someone do it for him (maybe the monks). Basically I was expecting some kind of short speechless montage of jack transforming back to his old heroic self to face aku i.e. Something like this m.youtube.com/watch?v=xA9hQx-SJ5Y (thought not nearly as long) where the hero prepare for battle. Instead what happened was the 3 gods who at no point ever aided or contacted jack during his entire journey suddenly show up, give him a brand new sword and he just turns back to his old style right then and there in the span of a few seconds after they zapped him

Anyone have an episode link?

>Everyone is now complaining about his hair and beard
This is blue arms levels of autism

>That episode was about how you should LOSE YOUR WAY

youtube.com/watch?v=vyGFM5CGnoo

Seriously? The fact that that picture is Gay is the thing that concerns you the most?

Fighting a sandwich only makes it tastier

Yeah, but I'll only share it because you got quads, the way got intended it to be
mega.nz/#!dmonEZzY!LUdElLnMPuLuAcSyt6lIPxcS77UizAU0uaTS_hrThlo

Yes, because this was his actual design.

It was a bit rushed.
Would have been better to see him enact the change himself.
I'm also a huge sucker for the Samurai Jack comics so I kind of liked "Inside is the weapon that cannot be broken" better than this because the sword breaking was done better, the vision quest was better and for now it feels like the reveal was stronger.
On the other hand it does it explain Jack's infinite source of clothing and geta.

Intro for the next episode had better be different.
I'd be let down if it's still the downer intro.

Being displeased with something doesn't become blue arms levels of autism until you become wholly obsessed with it and continually blog about how it ruined your life
just saying "I dont like thing" as part of discussion is nothing

I was hoping he'd keep the beard or at least shave it himself.

Lucky me I suppose, thanks, user.

Again, I love it when fujoshits get BTFO

I don't mind ashi destroying an entire army of generic baddies by herself. What I do mind is the way she did it. If she destroyed the orcs similarly to how jack destroyed the army of beetles by using traps and the environment to dwindle their numbers and THEN jumping into the fight when there are no other options it would've been much better and made 'more sense' as far as logic goes in SJ universe. Ashi Killing all of them while getting a some blows and cuts in the process would've shown how even though she's not as good as jack or Scotsman she's still a very capable fighter and can work her way around seemingly hopeless situations.

Yes she trained her whole life to be a deadly assassin. She was the best out of them all and fought off groups of enemies during training but even an army of THAT size would've had jack struggle a bit (or a lot depending on whose fighting) to defeat them. When that happens in most cases either a new character(s) show up to help Jack or he falls back to make a plan to dwindle their numbers down before directly attacking.

Now through out the series we've seen both jack and the Scotsman fight loads of enemies and even they might have it tough at times having to take cover, use the enemies weapons agaisnt them, trick them into shooting up theory own etc. Ashi however in spite of being weaker than jack and Scotsman pushed hundreds of those guys off the mountain, jumped into the middle of the army and killed them all without getting a scratch on her. That just seems odd. I can see maybe Scotsman pushing them off the cliff since he's fuckin huge and got superhuman strength but I don't see ashi or even jack being able to do that.

It feels like ashi was Strong at first during the first couple episodes, got nerfed and then got buffed again in this episode

>the 3 gods who at no point ever aided or contacted jack during his entire journey suddenly show up, give him a brand new sword and he just turns back to his old style right then and there in the span of a few seconds after they zapped him

I was with you up to this point. Who do you think Jack prayed to when he was about to lose to the Ultra Bots?

Because no one wants ugly haggard jack but deliciously soft young jack

Just rewatched it (whew now that's some dues ex machine right there) but yeah the three black smiths were definitely the 3 gods that moment was pretty forgettable though. Only other time jack got helped was with the minions of set but really it felt more like ra killed them bcus they tried to jump him and not because they were fighting jack

Why do you faggots want him to keep the beard? Beards are gross, they carry fecal matter and are for self-conscious men with acne and a weak jawline. Plus, it made Jack look generic, like a poor man's Rambo.

well that's not what he's wearing

Right, isn't a Gi a Japanese martial arts uniform in Karate and Judo? Looks similar but the jacket doesn't extend all the way down.

>the 50 year time skip was actually superfluous and we ended up going be going back to the status quo 2/3 into the season because of dumb reasons

I should apologize to the user that predicted this.

Still no time portal though.

A well groomed beard gives off a sophisticated image.

Jack found his way again.

>Jack's father is given a new armor and a flying nimbus
>Jack gets a shave

The whole ending felt rushed as fuck, like those 5 minute could have easily been an entire episode.

And clean clothes.

Because Jack isn't that nigga yet.

Still remember that article about man with ebola

Have it crossed your mind that beetles are actually dangerous while these orc guys were utter shitters?

Does anyone have that image saved of Phil Lamarr, Tara Strong, and Grey DeLisle in the recording booth?

Jack's father needed the armor and nimbus to fight Aku. Jack has proven time and time again how superior in combat he is compared to Aku with just a gi, sandals and the sword.

>Jack's father needed the armor
No he didn't. That was for fashion. As he was fighting Aku, the armor came off, and he STILL bested Aku...swarms of Akus.

The armor saved his life more than a few times during the fight.
Just look at this:
youtu.be/3mCQiu9X2mM?t=107
1:47
2:34

His upper half was cloth as you can see the tear across his chest. The armor was gone for the exception of the part around his waste. Those arrows were actually piercing his body, but of course there was blood because... yeah, CN.

>He doesn't want Jack to defeat Ake with his classic look

How the fuck do you get fecal matter in your beard?

Right, but if you go through some tough shot, those experiences are part of you and if you get through them and tame those beasts they are a tremendous advantage. Keeping a little bit of facial hair in orderly/ clean form would have signified that.

True freedom is controlling and conquering the things that almost destroy you, not erasing them.

I'm kind of annoyed that Jack is all gung-ho and ready to fight Aku again. It doesn't really feel like anything has changed.

When he lost the sword, he felt guilty over killing those innocent creatures and went into a rage because of the time portals all being destroyed. But they're still dead because of his anger. All of the time portals are still gone (aside from the Guardian's, more than likely).
I mean it's great that Ashi told Jack that he's inspired so many people, but he's still in the same position he was in when Aku first destroyed the portals.

Why does he feel so much more confident about getting rid of Aku now and why did it take so long for him to try reclaiming the sword in the first place?

I don't know. I just felt like the way they built up his issues, they would stick out longer. Like, there would still be nagging doubts that would trouble him. But last episode made it seem like he's done with hallucination Jack (and his parents, who haven't appeared since Episode 1) and Suicide Samurai is also gone.

Thoughts on the subtle changes to Jacks design? Jaw looks a lot more narrow and less rectangular than before and his overall frame seems broader/taller as well

When mystical warrior deities step in to shave you, it's way passed due

I think the change in design came more from the times than an actual art change. Going from handrawn to more computer animated stuff will do that.

I honestly like they went back to classic Jack. I mean, I like bearded jack, but I don't think I want to see Jack defeat Aku looking like that. I want classic Jack to defeat Aku. Plus you know during the fight, his hairs going to come down like it almost always did.

>I want classic Jack to defeat Aku.
I didn't.

>tfw the beard is gone
I might just end it lads

So what about the future as told by Blue Man with Time Portal? Just totally retconned at this point? 10/10 Genndy does it again

>Blue Man
kek

Also, Genndy mentioned The Gaurdian would be mentioned again but... Dunno how that'll happen. Best we can do is have faith in him.

Fuck that, it's already beyond redemption. I hope everyone working on this show gets cancer, especially Tara Strong because I just can't deal with another character voiced by her. I am at my limit.

I honestly think Jack looks stupid in that pic. He looked better in the beard in this season than that.

You don't. They're just mistaken.
Apparently some study said that mens beards have higher than average bacteria and in some beards they found fecal bacteria.
And so people started spreading around the idea that mens beards carry a bunch of fecal matter.

Well his look was already retconned. He can't age after all. And apparently Aku destroyed all time portals so even though it's impossible looks like Aku defeated him.

>He can't age after all.
Genndy could still go down the route of having him age rapidly during the right, something similar to what happened to the Lava Man.

>apparently Aku destroyed all time portals
user, do you believe everything that retard Aku says? The same idiot that doesn't know Jack doesn't have his sword despite being able to see everything in his world? Also, in the episode of the Guardian, the fact that the time portal is MEANT for Jack to cross through it as seen in the vision means it is the only portal that Aku does not have access to. Not to mention, the time portal that the Guardian is guarding is very, very different than all of the time portals Aku has laying around.

a gi isn't even a traditional piece of clothing, it's fairly modern and only about 100 years old
people don't seem to realize karate didn't even exist until the 1930s, even brazilian jiujitsu predates it having started in the 1910s and at that time they were wearing the judo gis which came about in the 1880s

it's not an ancient feudal japan article of clothing. It's basically late 19th early 20th century japans attempt at a tracksuit for people to exercise in

Well then they have to explain why Jack failed to reach the travelling creatures all these years. Another flashback?

In the second to last episode it's revealed that Aku is literally the father of the Daughters of Aku. They are alive through his regenerative powers and come to aid him in the final battle. Because of Ashi's connection to Aku he's able to control her with his powers. In the end Jack faces a moral dilemma in killing Aku because Ashi's life will be on the line.

Screencap this.