It all makes sense now, women and soyboys

The Women Who Run the ‘Star Wars’ Universe
>Five days a week, in the foggy hills of San Francisco, 11 writers and artists discuss the minutiae of storm troopers. This is the Lucasfilm story group, and its members hold the keys to everything “Star Wars”: Under their guidance, the franchise’s narratives are linked no matter the platform, whether it’s television, games, theme parks, publishing, merchandise or, of course, film. With their ideas shaping each character and setting, they don’t see themselves as gatekeepers but as partners furthering the stories their creators want to tell.
Kathleen Kennedy founded the group in 2012 when she succeeded George Lucas as president of Lucasfilm, putting Kiri Hart, a former film and TV writer, in charge of the unit. Ms. Hart’s first move was to make the story group entirely female, starting with Rayne Roberts and Carrie Beck. Both women had experience in film development but had also worked in other arenas — Ms. Roberts in magazine publishing, and Ms. Beck with the Sundance Institute.
>ENTIRELY FEMALE
>“As a writer I was very hungry to create female characters who felt real, and I was interested in telling stories from an outsider’s perspective,” Ms. Hart said, recalling Hollywood in the early 2000s. “There wasn’t a lot of receptivity to the things I really wanted to write about at the time. I think there is increasing openness to those things now, which makes me really hopeful.”
nytimes.com/2017/12/22/movies/star-wars-last-jedi-women-run-universe.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=olLujO7LvQI
imdb.com/name/nm1848009/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>was very hungry to create female characters who felt real,

>rey was was abandoned as a kid
>wasnt gang raped or kidnapped as a child bride or had her arm chopped off
>has great skin and great hair despite living on a scorching hot desert planet on a poor diet

you need to stop reading this shit.

>Today, the Lucasfilm story group is a diverse outlier in Hollywood: five of its members are people of color, and the team includes four women and seven men. This is a rarity in 2017, where women account for 13 percent, and minorities represent 5 percent, of all writers working on the top-grossing films. In addition to maintaining the continuity of the “Star Wars” universe, they aim to increase its diversity. This goal has sometimes led to struggles over their female characters.
>Where his research distinguishes the “Star Wars” saga is not in its lines of dialogue, but in the centrality of its female characters. The laboratory’s character network visualization software is able to tease out each individual character interaction. The more interactions characters have, the more vital they are to the plot. The team found that in the vast majority of Hollywood scripts, women play mere accessory roles, their characters inessential to plot development. In contrast, preliminary research has found that the “Star Wars” franchise has an unusually high degree of female centrality, indistinguishable from that of men in the films, and one that appears to be increasing over time.

Got that? "Where his research distinguishes the “Star Wars” saga is not in its lines of dialogue, but in the centrality of its female characters".
>CENTRALITY OF FEMALE CHARACTERS

>Sup Forumstards can't stop using a word invented by reddit

>that pic
>"Playing it safe always ends in disaster"
Wouldn't that be the literal opposite of "playing it safe" then? What a retarded sentence.

Oh it shows

Thanks for your great contribution redditor.

>character network visualization software

it's Worse than being set up by committee, it's literally calculated to be as diverse as possible.

>The laboratory’s character network visualization software is able to tease out each individual character interaction.
Am I reading this wrong or are they saying that the movie is essentially written by an algorithm designed to maximise diversity?

This explains SOOOO much.

I can't wait for any and all variations of "Sup Forumsx" to be added to the spam filter, it's going to cut down on so much shilling and botposting.

>Don't give up the ship
>Playing it safe always leads in disaster

What did she mean by this?

Well she sure does look hungry.

And yet these vile cunts still can't find a woman to direct Soy Wars

lel

yeah, it all makes sense now. this awful quadroon is why starshit is shit now

So these people were not hired because of their skills.
Got it. Well, not that I am surprised.

It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know.

like a hungry hungry hippo

This. It's true in just about any industry.

Well, I KNOW that this fat mulatto ruined star wars.

They've been using "redpill" since the beginning, despite it being literally the name of a Reddit, that was literally invented by two tranny liberals for a movie.
But ask them and apparently in Plato's myth of the Cave people were already popping red and blue pills.

>"research"

what a croc of fucking shit, you don't need software to know how to write good characters that are essential to the plot, you need fucking TALENT

I've been hearing more and more about first time women directors and writers lately. It used to be you had to work you're way up to things before getting big projects but I guess having a vagina and knowing the right people can get you anywhere in Hollywood right now

>being angry about a particular website
>being angry because one or more visitors at this website are suspected of frequently visiting the aforementioned website

Here's how it is, friendo. You're not going to like it, but all I offer is the truth.

You can not stop the oncoming tide of what you perceive to be "le randum post-millennial newfag summercancer tourists" from coming to this site. Or any site. Or any nation. Ever. Our numbers are too strong.

What you CAN do, however, is this. You can take a giant step back from yourself and ask, "all this crying about the past, all this whining about the present and all this despair for the future - does it make me a genuinely happy person? Does my knowledge of the idiocracy enlighten me? Does it hold me and reassure me on a cold night?"

Chances are, everyone who desperately clings to the "good old days", the answers to these questions probably aren't what you would refer to as "positive". Chances are, you probably fucking HATE yourself. Why don't you do something that distracts you from your smug, arrogant self-righteousness, for a change?

Take up a hobby. Take a walk. Lift. Oh, you'd be surprised how much better you feel, after a few weeks of doing a nice, light weights program to get those joints and muscles moving.

Maybe then there'd be less of you insipid, whining cunts making posts like this.

We are memes. We are fun. We are Colbert Drumphcookies dipped in Rick & Morty's szechuan sauce with a side of Pickle Rick. We are the NEW Sup Forums. Midnight narwhal bacon for LIFE.

This is powerful.

YASSSSS

>Ms. Hart’s first move was to make the story group entirely female, starting with Rayne Roberts and Carrie Beck. Both women had experience in film development but had also worked in other arenas — Ms. Roberts in magazine publishing, and Ms. Beck with the Sundance Institute.
>magazine publishing
>Sundance Institute
Putting feminist literal nobodies in charge of the continuation of the biggest franchise in cinema ONLY because they have vaginas. What could possibly go wrong?

>We are memes. We are fun. We are Colbert Drumphcookies dipped in Rick & Morty's szechuan sauce with a side of Pickle Rick. We are the NEW Sup Forums. Midnight narwhal bacon for LIFE.

LOL no, you are just a blink in time and a reminder of how bad things get when you get an entitled whiny generation that has no contact with reality and thinks is all about feels to decide things.

That sure looks like a group of people who would know how to create a vivid and exciting adventure story...

I mean look at those leather jackets. These grandmas dont mess around

God damn I wish I was a female
>easy jobs
>easy money
>sex on demand with top tier people
>fun life
>people always helping you out
>people inviting you to parties and shit all the time
>full of positive emotions

SILENCE, SLAVE!

>How can we ruin Star Wars today, ladies?

>I was very hungry to create female characters who felt real

And then they've created Mary Sues

Why is it all so politicized all the time now?

>These women are taking the lead in a FUCKING WHITE MALE owned industry and it's about time!

You are the only one talking about white men here pal. Stop being so obsessed they are just proud that after like a century they are finally present in the industry

>Keep them fighting. Always keep them fighting.
Old Jewish proverb

>le evil women!!
what the hell is your problem? you guys really need to grow up.

this shit only happens if you are attractive, if not you are worthless like any straight white male

I have nothing against women and actually get along with all the females I know but being born female is literally the easy mode of life.

>“As a writer I was very hungry to create female characters who felt real
>Rey
>felt real

Are you serious?

Well that explains why story is dumb as shit

redpill was always used ironically, but like so many other things on this website people forgot and use it in a completely serious manner.

Makeup makes most of these bitches at least passable ('hot' to most numales/shut ins)

>Why is it all so politicized all the time now?

I wonder why...

They hyperlibral backlash to you idiots is going to be hilarious.

The people who DO read this shit are influential, user. They make decisions that trickle down to your life. People involved in advertising and marketing, for instance.

Your two grannies stole it from Akira in the 1980s shit for brains

I will not avert my gaze

red pill dates back to Plato you uncouth

More like 'The Women Who Ruin the Star Wars' Universe' am I right, fellow alt-righters?

>invented by reddit
soyboy was invented by Sup Forums, just so you know

That level of Chuzpah!
How is it called when someone says something and does the exact opposite? is there a name for that? These Disney women has mastered this art.

do they even talk about star wars at the meeting ?

Apparently to be accepted in the story group, you have to make a blood oath, beside being a cunt.
youtube.com/watch?v=olLujO7LvQI

*ruins your franchise*

soyboy was used by other internet communities before Sup Forums popularized it.

>hyperliberal backlash
dumbass liberals are the ones who make the 'culture' that people hate, they cant lash back

it's weird because if there is one thing everyone aggrees about TFA is that it was playing safe

They talk about the color of their periods, and how it tells them what Type of Jedi they would be.

The Force Awakens has four credited writers, all male (Kasden, Abrams, Lucas, Arndt). The Last Jedi had two credited writers, both male (Lucas, Johnson). Why is Sup Forumslite getting so fanny flustered over a writing team that has literally no input with the movies?

I feel like this is some vast conspiracy where girls who were told that star wars was for boys as children all got together and just completely destroyed the franchise as revenge

>They're a literal witch's coven

Salem wasn't enough.

>no input

the whole sex allegation shit is another salem being carried out by the witches

Rian Johnson admitted that he had to go to the storygroup to get his stupid ideas approved. It seems like they love all the stupid shit he came up with. Why did he have to kill Luke for no apparent reason? Was that something he had no say about?

Only soyboys get mad about the use of the word soyboy, soyboy

>Trump is president
>TLJ is bombing
>Coven exposed in Worst Korea

Witches BTFO!

I hate this timeline...

they are doing a very poor job

You look at her imdb page and there is barely anything. How did this cunt become Lucasfilm story group chief with proving anything?
imdb.com/name/nm1848009/

Make-up fixes ugliness, and beta men will become your slaves if you have a vagina.

>minorities make up a minority

wow, what a travesty

just turn our brains off, right?

Sorry critical theory being taught in universities across the globe, and that critical theory only ever manifesting in anti-white anti-male ways means the subject is always present in situations like this.

>Ms. Hart’s first move was to make the story group entirely female

I hate these sexist whores so fucking much I wish they never got near this. Why does everything have to turn to such awful shit...

Did Lucas put Kennedy in change then sell out as a last giant fuck you to fans as part of his temper tantrum over people complaining about his fuckups in the PT?

I'm not even supriced. I'm even starting to see a pattern. Here in Sweden most, like 60%, of bosses in the townships or what it is called are female. And they are in atleast the city I live in extremly retarded and everything easy they do is scaled up and made complicated

Basically, yes. He sold his kids because they didn't bring him the respect he thought would come.

I read it as "ruin" the star wars universe

Those new people who want to diversify everything are very strange people. Like, antagonizing White males is fine, if you are into this sort of things, but they are geniunely surprised that White men get antagonized as a result.

holy shit take a load of this retard

So really, we can blame Lucas for this new bullshit, too. If he wasn't such a conceited, egotistical god damn baby, he would've let the original creative team do their magic to the PT and the man would still be loved.

Pretty much. He wanted to be seen as an arthouse director and have respect from people like the women he grow up around. I think his divorce really fucked him up too, after that it feels like he wanted to apologize to women or some shit and started giving Kathleen all the power.

He got recognition and admiration from nerds, but what he really wanted was love and respect from the stuck up artist women he grew up with.

This is also why he let Indy get raped. He never found the respect he wanted (which is bullshit because I always liked his work despite his wierd design choices all the fucking time)

>soy boy invented by reddit
My mom has been a health nut for years and she was using that word at least 6 years ago, it has been used in the anti-soy world forever. She tried to get me to stop eating products with soy in them too and when I said I didn't care,she said "well, if you want to be a soyboy, that is your decision"

>Ms. Hart’s first move was to make the story group entirely female

Its not sexism if all females replace all males!

The absolute FUCKING STATE OF STAR WARS NOW

And I'm pretty sure SJW was invented by Tumblr.
When a word is accurate, it's accurate.

So why aren't you mad at the guy who came up with the shitty ideas instead of the group of people that approved them? The group of people that approved them were probably like "well, he's the acclaimed writer/director Rian Johnson, surely he knows better than me..."

>The laboratory’s character network visualization software is able to tease out each individual character interaction. The more interactions characters have, the more vital they are to the plot.

Goddamn this is so fucking retarded, you need software to map out character interactions now?

>1 month ago on le_donald
>goes back several months on Sup Forums

Whoa

Now I know who I am arguing with when posters all over the web insist Rey is not a Mary Sue.

With the shit they wright, know wonder they have time to shitpost all over the place

>female characters whi felt real

Are these people fucking with our minds or what? No educated person can be this stupid.

>female
>fat
>56% face
I'm not surprised.