E4 6/10
E5 5/10
E6 4/10
E7 5/10

E1 8/10
E2 8/10
E3 9/10
E4 8/10
E5 6/10 (Scotsman part makes the rating go up)
E6 4/10
E7 7/10

SHUT UP!

ITS FUCKING KIIIIIINOOOOOOOO

EKINO KINO/KINO
EKINO KINO/KINO
EKINO KINO/KINO
EKINO KINO/KINO
EKINO KINO/KINO (KINO KINO KINO KINO KINO KINO KINO)
EKINO KINO/KINO
EKINO KINO/KINO

This is what some of you faggots actually believe.

E1 9/10
E2 8/10
E3 7/10
E4 7/10
E5 7/10
E6 4/10
E7 5/10

Damn, I'm just now seeing the obvious pattern

E1 - 9
E2 - 10
E3 - 10
E4 - 8
E5 - 7
E6 - 10
E7 - 8

Hopefully the finale will be good.

E1 9/10
E2 9/10
E3 8/10
E4 7/10
E5 8/10
E6 6/10 (as someone who didn't watch the first couple of seasons, the throwbacks were lost on me)
E7 8/10

>Kino

I keep seeing this fucking buzzword.

What does it even mean? I assume it's some Sup Forums shit?

Your bait is good OP, but I recommend not fluctuating at from E5 to E7, you want to convey that each episode is worse than the last. You did good on not rating them all 1/10 or 0/10 however.

Solid 8/10

From UD itself:
The highest tier of artistry in motion pictures. Kino is above all the other categories (Joints, Flicks, Movies, Film, and Cinema).

Kino can only be enjoyed by patricians. Plebeians aren't ready for kino, as they would have trouble picking up on the subtle sociological themes & masterfully-executed yet intentionally-mistransmitted messages that always seem to fly right over lesser minds undetected. These motion pictures are eternally poignant, forever relevant, steeped in an understanding of the world and exuding it unto others like a blessing from heaven, made from important thinkers, visionaries. Unlike bar-lowered shite-content-pushers like Tarantino. Joints, flicks, and movies appeal to a wide range, while Kino is for people with a true passion and understanding of filmmaking.

>your bait is good
>because you don't consider a half-assed attempt at whatever this shit is doing as a masterpiece of modern cartoons

E1 - 7/10
E2 - 10/10
E3 - 8/10
E4 - 6/10
E5 - 5/10
E6 - 6.5/10
E7 - 6/10

>because you don't consider a half-assed attempt at whatever this shit is doing
>Can't even point out what he considers to be wrong or half-assed about it
Here's your (You)

E1: 10/10
E2: 10/10
E3: 10/10
E4: 7/10
E5: 6/10
E6: 8/10
E7: 5/10

I'm starting to lose hope.

They're all 10/10 because I'm enjoying every moment of it.

What's the point? I've been saying many times what's wrong with it, to the point you could consider it a full-fledged review. Even then everything was just considered on this god awful board as shitposting or baiting.

Because forming a developed opinion is worth less than "ashi is good cuz she makes my dick move lol" here.

E1 7/10
E2 6/10
E3 5/10
E4 2/10
E5 4/10
E6 1/10
E7 3/10

Go on, tell me what is wrong. At this point I really want to listen to what you consider a half-assed attempt.

Swap E6 and E7 and you get my opinion, more or less.

>I've been saying many times what's wrong with it
Oh yeah, I just looked at your comment history. You fully detail in your grievances with the season in each post. Sorry bout that.

1 - 10/10
2 - 9/10
3 - 8/10
4 - 6/10
5 - 6/10
6 - 7/10
7 - 8/10

The season started strong and it's gonna finish strong.

Prediction:
8 - 8/10
9 - 9/10
10 - 10/10

E1 7/10
E2 7/10
E3 8/10
E4 6/10
E5 8/10
E6 7/10
E7 7/10

Good season.

Overall, 8/10. I don't understand the inane whining.

E1 3/10
E2 3/10
E3 3/10
E4 3/10
E5 3/10
E6 3/10

I never liked the show all that much. It isn't poorly made, I just don't like Tartakovsky's stuff very much. Always seemed very childish while still taking itself very seriously (I think the English saying goes" to want to have the cake and eat it")

It's Sup Forums, what do you expect?

1 - 10/10
2 - 10/10
3 - 10/10
4 - 8/10
5 - 8/10
6 - 7.5/10
7 - 8.5/10

>Any negative rating for a show I like is bait.

Why would you force yourself to watch something that you don't like that much?

It's a Sup Forums meme that started about a month ago.

The literal definition is just movie, but they use it to mean amazing

Truth

I think it has to do with a few things.
1. Hype Train. Turns out that nostalgia + Waiting a long time = inflated expectations
2. People were expecting true Kino when all we really got is a TV mini-series that exists to wrap things up.
3. Steven Universe fans + Star Vs. Fans + Rick and Morty Fans + Marvel/DC fans are not happy that they have to share a board with some fucking tv show from 15 years ago that they could care less about

Regardless once the Series finally passes in three weeks and we hit peak shitposting, Samurai Jack will fade into obscurity again, but with a "proper" ending this time

I don't know. Everyone's talking about it, so curiosity, maybe?

I keep hoping that I'll like it but I don't. Same happened to me with SU and AT, where I kept watching long after i completely stopped enjoying the shows.

Which cartoons do you like?

>All this symmetry
B R A V O
N O L A N

>there are people ITT who don't think episode two is the best of the season so far

>There are people who rate episode 6 this low

>a month ago

>there are people ITT who think the first episode is a 10/10

E1 9/10
E2 10/10
E3 9/10
E4 8/10
E5 7/10
E6 8/10
E7 9/10

>there are people ITT

Is that Kino Shitposting?

Flapjack is my favourite comedy cartoon and I'd have to say ATLA is my favourite when it comes to action/story focused ones. From the SJ era I liked Power Puff girls, Johny Bravo, etc. Pretty standard stuff, but like I said, not a big fan of Dexter's Lab or SJ.

E1 10/10
E2 10/10
E3 10/10
E4 10/10
E5 10/10
E6 10/10
E7 10/10

Never knew how much I absolutely detested Sup Forums until I started watching S5. I knew I fucking hates you guys, sure. But now? Shit.

Honestly if you're rating PPG above SJ in terms of actual quality I don't know what to say, user.

Now, enjoyment value is a whole 'nother story.

I'm talking about enjoyment. Tartakovsky obviously cares about his work and it's production quality is pretty good.
So it's not that he's bad at what he's doing, I just don't like what he's doing.

E1 8/10
E2 10/10
E3 9/10
E4 7/10
E5 6/10 (Scotsman part makes the rating go up)
E6 8/10
E7 8/10

pretty much agree with you for the most part. I just thought episode 2 was better than 1

Fair enough.

this

The point of this season (and I know that from Genndy interviews) is that Jack lost his way and doesn't seem as much heroic as he was in the past and overall more adult show yadda yadda. The most important thing in all of this is that 50 years has passed.

>Ep 1 has a pretty good introduction, that Jack has changed in a pretty believable manner, although I couldn't really understand why he went after robobugs but refused to help a village.
>Ep 2 Jack gets ambushed, okay. It's an intense episode, Jack has to run, him hiding and fighting back was done in a good manner.
>Ep 3 Jack fights back, there's a first sign of decline in subtlety when the wolf from the last episode shows up. There was no real reason to do that, in fact it would have been better if wolf just worked as a mirror for Jack for one episode. It was just more interesting that way. The fight with daughters was okay, it had some pretty noticeable and unnecessary errors but overall was just okay.
>Ep 4 was the one that started a huge decline of the overall season. Don't get me wrong, the setting was pretty fun as a nod towards old seasons but everything else... Ashi's persona was way too annoying. I get it, she hates Jack, but she doesn't have to behave like a spoiled child, even if she's young. Also Jack started quipping and acting like nothing happened in the last episode. When you think about it, there wasn't a good reason for Jack to care for Ashi and be friendly towards her, because she wasn't any different from other daughters. It shows that Genndy doesn't think like the viewer and makes it very apparent that Ashi is going to be an ally when it realistically should not be showed at this point. It was too early for that.
>Ep 5 was a total mess when it comes to pacing. Showing the evil of Aku should have spread over the whole season, that way it would have been more emotional, believable, just better. But nah, it worked like "okay here, and here" and it's done. Ashi is now good [cont]

1 - 9/10
2 - 10/10
3 - 10/10
4 - 7/10
5 - 7/10
6 - 5/10
7 - 6/10

Pretty much this. Feels good la

EP 1 10/10

EP 2 1000000/10

EP 3 10/10

EP 4 7/10

EP 5 8/10

EP 6 9/10

EP 7 8/10

E1 9/10
E2 10/10
E3 7/10
E4 5/10
E5 4/10
E6 5/10
E7 6/10

>[cont] It dumbed down Ashi's character even more, because she doesn't have that much going on, just an indoctrinated child that was made to destroy Jack. Wouldn't it be better if she was unsure of Jack the whole time, even when cooperating with him? Don't get me started on Scotsman, that was another wasted opportunity. He barely did anything and I think it's fair to say that a lot of people expected old Jack to meet with old Scotsman. His death seemed just unnecessary aside from the comedic effect.
>Ep 6 This episode killed the singularity aspect of episodic stuff that was in old Samurai Jack. I think it's fair to say that no one expected archers to show in such an unnecessary manner. I don't know, their whole thing seemed just unnecessary as fuck. Also Ashi going through places that had no connection with each other, meeting people that didn't move up in the world, which may be realistic but it shows that this world doesn't move on, sadly. Demongo appearance was the worst shit, from all the characters they could bring back, they bring him, who should have been dead or just unable to do the stuff he was doing. I mean, what was even the point of Jack fighting him, if he comes back like nothing happened anyway? Ruining your own continuity just for a simple joke shows that Genndy doesn't really care for that stuff. Also the whole ghost on a horse thing was resolved too quickly in an anti climactic manner. Just another failure of subtlety being nonexistent.
Ep 7 The whole army thing was unnecessary, if it was just a fight between Ashi and her mother, it would have been much better and carried more weight to the whole Ashi's journey. Also it would have helped if Ashi wasn't sure if she really is on Jack side as I mentioned earlier. But nah, it was guaranteed that Ashi wasn't going to show any complex emotion or thought, just kill whoever that stands against her and Jack, whatever. Jack getting his sword was resolved in an anti climactic manner aswell [cont]

It started expanding here about a month ago.

>Muh first three episodes

E1 8/10
E2 10/10
E3 9/10
E4 6/10
E5 7/10
E6 7/10
E7 8/10

This.

Good taste right here.

>[cont] The tea sequence was nice and all, but Jack, after 50 years of being lost, resolves this by making Mad Jack 2.0 go away? I mean, even the original Mad Jack fight seemed more meaningful than this, thats my opinion though. Also going back to his old look just like that ruined the whole premise of Jack development. Don't you think that it should have been an important moment like when Jack's father was chosen to carry the sword? Nah, just going back to his kimono and it's all okay.

New Samurai Jack was meant to be a more adult oriented version of the original but somehow dumbed down anything that made the original interesting. Characters are not believable, developed, the pacing is rushed and major plot points are done poorly like it was just another, episodic shit in the old seasons. I am going to watch it till the end but I have no hopes for it.

None of the episodes are below a seven

>Demongo appearance was the worst shit, from all the characters they could bring back, they bring him, who should have been dead or just unable to do the stuff he was doing. I mean, what was even the point of Jack fighting him, if he comes back like nothing happened anyway? Ruining your own continuity just for a simple joke shows that Genndy doesn't really care for that stuff

user you might be legit autistic if that really bothered you that much.

>Rate the episodes so far
Post a web-dl mega for e7 and I will. I'm not soiling my eyes with tv rips.

1: A
2. A+
3. A-
4. B-
5. C+
6. B+
7. A

>People unironically giving the later episodes lower ratings because they have a woman in them

/r9k/ needs to leave now

E1 8/10
E2 9/10
E3 9/10
E4 8/10
E5 9/10
E6 7/10
E7 9/10

1: 9/10
2: 10/10
3: 9/10
4: 8/10
5: 7/10
6: 9/10
7: 8/10

E1 8/10
E2 9/10
E3 10/10
E4 7/10
E5 6/10
E6 6/10
E7 5/10

E1 8/10
E2 9/10
E3 8/10
E4 7/10
E5 5/10
E6 5/10
E7 8/10

Why all the hate for ep 6?

Is it because Ashi was the viewpoint character?

I think it would be really cool for us to aggregate and average all of these scores. I'm glad it's looking like everyone agrees how fucking amazing Episode 2 was

Nah, they have lower ratings because the pacing is fucked.

E1- 9/10
E2- 8/10
E3 - 7/10
E4- 7/10
E5- 7/10
E6- 6/10
E7 - 8/10

I'm pretty satisfied overall, judging from the summaries I'm most excited for the last two episodes.

E1 9/10
E2 10/10
E3 8/10
E4 7/10
E5 8/10
E6 7/10
E7 9/10

Much of it was recapping, which isn't bad but not really thrilling, and while Scaramouche was funny he took up too much screentime for the sake of a gag (OH HE'S GONNA TELL AKU OH WAIT JACK GOT THE SWORD), though hopefully they have something bigger planned for him.

See

Ep 6 had great pacing, though.

5 was the one with the most pacing issues.

1: 9/10
2: 10/10
3: 10/10
4: 8/10
5: 6/10
6: 3/10
7: 6/10

E1 10/10
E2 10/10
E3 11/10
E4 9/10
E5 8/10
E6 5/10
E7 7/10

It's definitely declined in quality. Episode 6 was a shitfest. The more of Ashi we see the shittier it gets.

>he wanted Ashi to take the whole season to realize Jack is good

No fuck that. It's like couples in movies falling appart: we all know they're gonna get back together so any time spent dwelling on it feels like borning filler and any misunderstanding feels infuriating because we as the audience know better and have to wait for the characters to realize they're being stupid.

I'm so glad Ashi didytake more than 3epusodes to convince.

the recapping was also pretty lazy. it's not like she really met the more important characters he'd helped. The rave was utterly pointless and then all the other guys were just hanging out in a bar together that she happened to wander into

We know the Scotsman will appear again in a major role, so that's not a problem. And she was traveling for a long time.

>the rave was utterly pointless

It was the best indication of how Jack has helped newer generations though. The insignia they did with the hands show that Jack had became a legend.

>and then all the other guys were just hanging out in a bar together that she happened to wander into

All of those were brand new guys, except for Da Bar-ten-der and Demongo, who was a joke.

He's gonna tell Aku Jack lost his sword, bringing him out of hiding for Jack to unexpectedly pull his sword out and kill him, but realizing he can't go to the past to erase Aku's torment, he can just hope for a better future, ending the series on a bittersweet note.

or he actually goes to the past and erases all evil and Ashi is still born somehow. Which will be corny and stupid

Mark my words.

The point is her character is already fucking bland and boring, at least give her some depth for fucks sake

She has a lot of depth

>always cared for nature as child
>always had a kind heart
>her main motivations were protecting the world, not just following aku

Watch the show instead of reeing

E1 8/10
E2 10/10
E3 10/10
E4 7/10
E5 9/10
E6 8/10
E7 9/10

I'm surprised that anyone would give an episode less than a 5/10 to be honest. It feels unwarranted. As in "things are shit because they dont play out the way I want them to". It's almost like a tantrum

Ashi has more depth than 80% of the other characters in Samurai Jack. That's not saying a lot given most characters in the series only get 1 episode, but still.

It looks like you're just mad a womyn is in your cartoon.

If this is a deep character for you, then it is no surprise why Sup Forums has such shit taste. It's literally beginner tier when it comes to depth of a character.

Deep characters have always some kind of conflict inside them, Ashi just kills whatever stands on her way, in a really shitty manner too.

>argh i am angry now i will show you

Won't happen, at least not that easily. Aku is going to kidnap Jack and Ashi

For real. Pic related.

So you cant handle a strong female character
If you dont like Sup Forums you should try /r9k/

That's deep for Samurai Jack you stupid memer

is dead right goddamn

>pic related

Shit, don't wanna spoil myself but I believe you,

I cant handle shitty characters you fucking tourist.

Women aren't shitty characters user

Can someone decipher the bottom-left word in the second half?

Ashi is both

Yeah, they are all great just because they are women. It's all that it takes.

How is Sup Forums not tumblr?

>no one expected archers to show in such an unnecessary manner. I don't know, their whole thing seemed just unnecessary as fuck.

The redundance makes your rant seem less valid. Also, the archers are probably being set up for the finale and even if they are not, the scene was by far the best of the episode: Beautiful and relevant for the character arcs of Jack and Ashi

>which may be realistic but it shows that this world doesn't move on, sadly

The archers seemed to have moved on, and they acknowledge it in the episode.
>Ruining your own continuity just for a simple joke

No offense here, but if you genuinely feel so bugged about a 10 seconds jab that the show takes at itself, you might have autism or some sort of disorder

And if this was bait, 9/10, made me rant.

Ashi