Heroes who did EVERYTHING WRONG

Heroes who did EVERYTHING WRONG.

Other urls found in this thread:

13thdimension.com/hellboy-week-mike-mignola-talks-literary-and-pulp-influences/
cbr.com/does-hellboy-in-hell-finale-signal-the-end-of-mike-mignolas-time-with-the-character/
youtube.com/watch?v=afBRj58PYSI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No joke, was he actually right?

Well was he?

You don't need to post a picture of drunk carol. Just post a picture of Carol, the implication is there. Even sober she's a fucking wreck of a character.

I might have misread the title when I posted this

Setting your timeline up for a much warmer cold war was not the smartest course of action.

>This is the character Marvel wants to push as one of their major heroes and a female role model

He was lucky, which is often what matters. The Phoenix would have killed Hope and eaten the Sun if she didn't take a Yoga class in Kun Lan.

Makes sense, they made Ironman their face for a while there, and he has had worse problems than Carol ever did

I want someone to tell someone who fucks up nearly as badly as Elric.

>Kills off his entire race.
>Lets himself become an extension of his swords will
>Accidentally kills everyone he ever cared about
>Needs to be responsible for resetting the universe
>His best friend sacrifices himself to sound the Horn for the final time
>Gets killed by Stormbringer.
>Stormbringer devours his soul and keeping a part of it inside itself for eternity
>He's destined to be reincarnated throughout the multiverse and all of time to be a force of the Balance
>Stormrbringer flies off into space and mocks all of creation.

WHY HAS NO ONE MADE A MOVIE OR SERIES YET ?

FUCK

Elric was such a complete, through and through retard to trust his cousin. I mean what the fuck was he thinking?

Well, I guess that's the least of his sins in the grand scheme of things

>I mean what the fuck was he thinking?
He was young and naive. Extraordinarily so.
He thought that by applying alien concepts to Melnibone would help save his decaying race. Yyrkoon was more Melnibonean than he ever was and if he succeeded with him, then the knowledge he could bring back from the Young Kingdoms would help make it great again.

But Elric always underestimates things.

He underestimated Yyrkoon's true lust for power would never be satisfied even as lord regent and above all, he underestimated just how much of a hold Stormbringer would have on him.

>We are two of a kind - produced by an age which has deserted us. Let us give this age cause to hate us

But despite all of his mistakes...does he really deserve his fate?

I guess Moorcock was really, really determined to make him tragic right from the get-go. I can't think of anyone who gets slapped around by fate as much as Elric, although maybe some Mignolaverse characters come close.

>although maybe some Mignolaverse characters come close.
Fun fact i found out recently. Mignola was indeed inspired by Moorcock when he made Hellboy.

13thdimension.com/hellboy-week-mike-mignola-talks-literary-and-pulp-influences/
cbr.com/does-hellboy-in-hell-finale-signal-the-end-of-mike-mignolas-time-with-the-character/

I was a big Michael Moorcock fan when I was in high school, and all of his characters were doomed. Having read all of the Conan/sword of sorcery stuff, the Moorcock stuff was very different. His characters were always just screwed. Corum: doomed. Elric: doomed. Horrible things happened to these characters, and ultimately, they would get the relief of finally dying. That stuff was very much in my head in the “Hellboy” stuff.
howard-doom

What came along as a surprise — or something that was unconscious, until later — I realized that as Hellboy became a doomed, tragic figure with all of this Beast of the Apocalypse stuff laid on him, I realized I spent almost a year, somewhere in my high school years reading nothing but Michael Moorcock. Everything I could get my hands on by Michael Moorcock.

And I wasn’t consciously trying to put that into Hellboy, but that doomed hero stuff was probably one of the biggest unconscious ‘things’ going into the Hellboy stuff.

Might as well post this then.

Got a few more weeks tills everything is sorted and i can finally have some time to storytime Elric saga again.

I SHALL RETURN FROM OUT OF THE FIRE
youtube.com/watch?v=afBRj58PYSI

Why is Korra so fucking awful?