Is it DOA at this point?

Is it DOA at this point?

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/han-solo-movie-firing-details-phil-lord-chris-miller/
thedailybeast.com/meet-the-new-han-solo-alden-ehrenreich-discovered-by-steven-spielberg-at-a-bat-mitzvah
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they're hiding it behind a fucking Avengers release hoping that nobody notices it, of course it's going to be trash, as if literally everything else about it hasn't pointed this way either

people are going to view 8 in a more favorable light after this, that's how bad it's going to be

It's still supposed to come out in May? I thought it was going to get pushed back to late 2018. I don't have much interest in seeing this either way. After watching The Last Jedi my interest in Star Wars has been waning.

>Is it DOA at this point?
Did you not see the cast? The guy from community and based Woody Harrelson won't save this shit.

>2 directors fired midway in production
>have to reshoot whole movie
>Han actor needed an acting coach during filming
>terrible GOT meme actress

This will be a JUSTice League tier disaster

>It's out 20 days after Infinity War
Why?

Childish Gambino is cool, so is Woody.
No idea about the nerd who they casted as Han, but he at least looks the part, kinda.
Fucking Khalesee tho...the fuck were they thinking?Did anyone see the last shitty Terminator flick?

>Han actor needed an acting coach during filming
really?
source?

>Childish Gambino is cool

collider.com/han-solo-movie-firing-details-phil-lord-chris-miller/

Awaken My love was great, fuck you

Movie was 98% DOA when it was a Han Solo origin story

Movie was 99% DOA when it hired no talents and/or memes like Emilia, Gambino and Woody H

Movie was 100% DOA when directors were fired and entire movie was re-shoot by an artless hack

You already know how its gonna go. Han is gonna be a bumbling, sexist idiot simply for existing, and Emilias character will the strong brave womanz. Add in some white male villains, pointless progressive propaganda that advances nothing in the story, and a shitty plot with poor pacing and direction and thats it. Average Disney SW movie.

I always hate hearing shit like this. I would much prefer they just cancel it rather than release a complete shitshow.

He was cast because Spielberg went to his bar mitzvah.

It's so horrendously awful they want to bury it and forget it happened.

Source?

They're too confident and prideful to admit ever making mistakes

Yep. I had no interest in this even before TLJ. Now...

I’m pickin’ up my blaster
Put it on my side
I’m jumpin’ in my Falcon
Wookie at my side

thedailybeast.com/meet-the-new-han-solo-alden-ehrenreich-discovered-by-steven-spielberg-at-a-bat-mitzvah

Who asked for this film? I mean who was sitting around saying "You know what I'd love to see? Han Solo: The Early Years. That'd be a hell of a film right there!"

Does this person exist?

AYO FINNA
AY AY
WE FINNA
AY AY
WE BIXNOOD
AY AY
AHH

NOW FINNA
AY AY
NO FINNA
AY AY
YOU FEELIN
AY AY
ALL UP INNIT

What is even the point of this movie? To see how a pointless grumpy old guy got his start? Han Solo doesn't matter to Star Wars, that's what TLJ pretty much said, that's what it said about all the previous Star Wars movies, so why should I care about him?

its funny cause the two directors they fired are actually good and have a decent track record

Lego movie
jump street 1 and 2
the cloudy witha chance of meatballs movie

Because Han is popular and it will make a ton of money.

With Solo, it is time for the whinging fans to hit Disney where it hurts: in the wallet. Don't see it. Even if they promise Clarke gets drilled in it

Lawrence Kasdan demanded it to be made if he had to be involved in Star Wars again. Since he worked in the OT and Disney wanted OT approval unlike the prequels they had to make it.

But guys, guys, they set up the golden dice in TLJ. The golden dice guys. The ones Han had in the original movies.

What's that you never noticed or cared? Well they were there all along so they must have a backstory. They were important to Han because Luke said so in a throwaway line in TLJ.

>tfw Rich made a joke that they were going to explore where Han got his boots from
>tfw he was almost right

Beats me. Han is cool and all, but I have no interest to see him meet Chewie and meme Lando out of the Falcon.

Vader and Obi-Wan are the only solo movies that could really work.

They passed up Scott Eastwood for this guy? Fucking shame.

literally nobody wanted this movie to happen

He's not popular among normies. Harrison is popular, but since this Han is played by some ugly unknown kike the movie has no chance in hell.

>Vader and Obi-Wan are the only solo movies that could really work.
How? We've literally seen most of both of their lives on screen across 6 movies already
Han we just have the OT and a huge gap before and after that

it's a way to prepare people for the Indiana Jones replacement of Harrison

>Obi-Wan film set entirely on Tatooine where he's just murdering sand people, scum+villainy and jawas

I might watch it.

Han is like the second or third most popular character in the whole franchise. Maybe its because Harrison Ford but most people still will want to see the character.

dunno why Rey gets the no lineage treatment while Solo gets a mentor. I would think a smuggler would be the one to come from nothing.

Nah, both have a 20 year gap. You could pull na Yojimbo with Obi-Wan protecting farmers from Jabba's thugs while trying to keep a low profile and protect Luke.

For Vader, you can make a Star Wars movie with its first ever villain protagonist. Vader could be on the hunt for the last Jedi council member Shaak Ti, while secretely plotting against Sheev.

lightsaber to the chest DOA

I don't understand having a spinoff film for someone who's already a main character. Especially since it won't even be Harrison.

>Han is like the second or third most popular character in the whole franchise

That may have been the case 40 years ago, but not Vader, Luke, Yoda, and Obi-Wan are likely more popular than him.

People liked Han because Ford is charismatic, this new kid is gonna be a joke compared to him.

Yeah, Han as Harrison Ford. Not some literally who.

Wow this is kinda disgusting

The only reason I am looking forward to this is to see how much RLM got right with their predictions.

Losers will pay to see it anyway, the margin won't be what it could have been if it went right, but it's still going to make its money back. That's a better option than letting the money go to waste. At worst they damage the brand with a bad movie.

>At worst they damage the brand with a bad movie.

Yeah but isn't that pretty fucking bad? This isn't some throwaway IP that nobody gives a shit about.

If Disney were smart, they would shelve the movie and release it as an exclusive for their streaming service.

upper class white girl first """rapper""" tier

Honestly i would have preferred a Falcon movie up to the point of Han getting it, it was in the prequels so it has quite a history and we could have seen all the adventures and owners it had

>movie will explain how he got the name 'Han Solo'
>movie will explain how he got the Falcon from Lando
>movie will show the Kessel Run
>movie will probably heavily feature those gold dice that everyone pretended were significant in TLJ
>Han will have a mentor who will teach him everything
>Han will meet a princess (played by Emilia Clarke) to parallel the relationship with Leia
etc…

Its going to be shit

Wiki:
>Alden's ancestry is
>Austrian-Jewish
>Hungarian-Jewish
>Russian-Jewish
>And Polish-Jewish

Really gets my noggin joggin.

>took acting classes during shooting

Woody betrays Han FYI.

>looks nothing like Harrison Ford

He doesn't look vaguley fucking like him, I have no idea who thought this would be a good idea. It's less believable than Hayden in the Darth Vader suit

It was DOA the moment Disney announced they're making it.

I remember the moment I realized star wars was dead. When they revealed this actor and said this is a career making role. They assume anything they make with star wars will be career making for anyone involved including Daisy Ridley. They don't think they have to try anymore, that the name alone carries everything and they just have to present something to you, anything and call it star wars.

>Kira is set to be portrayed by Emilia Clarke in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

>During the development of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the character who eventually became Rey was originally known as Kira

Wow the manlet is wearing platform. His outfit looks like shit. #NotMyHanSolo

not that user, but while his rap music is shit tier Awaken My Love! had some really fucking good tracks on it. Redbone is fantastic.

The most hilarious thing about this is that his character in Hail, Caesar! was a retard who couldn't act to save his life and required coaching.

Redbone is meme song dude.
Also, off by one

its funny because star wars never really was a career making franchise for most of its actors despite of being a massive success.
OT made harrison ford big, and maybe carry fisher, thats it. everybody else remained literal whos, even mark hamill is virtually only known for being luke.
and for the sequels. natalie portman, liam neeson, christopher lee and ewan mcgregor were already big before starring in them, and everybody else remained a literal who again.

I want to know how he got his NAAAAME

I want to know how he got his BOOOOT

I want to know how he met CHEWIEE

Lando Calrisian!

Millenium FALCOON

>OT made harrison ford big
American Graffiti made Harrison big, that's why he's the one who stayed relevant after SW, he wasn't a literal who

At this point I really wouldn't be surprised if this was either in the movie somewhere or in the credits

harrison was making door frames because he was forgotten about after AG, SW and Raiders made him big

it will end up releasing around christmas. don't bother screencapping or anything. this is pretty well known

what are the chances of them making a big eye-rolling point or joke about Han always shooting first in the movie?

No-one wanted a Han Solo movie in the first place because it's not going to be Harrison Ford. It's going to be a guy who only sort of looks like Harrison Ford cosplaying as Han Solo. I'm sure Ron Howards will salvage it into something watchable but it's always been a troubled production and at best it's going to feel like a TV movie.

Disney wants a Star Wars movie ever year for who knows how long. They can't even get the main episodes right so the expanded cinematic universe is going to have as many duds as it does successes. The only spinoff movie I had any interest in was Boba Fett and I know Disney's gonna fuck that up somehow.

jew wars is dead

Is the Boba Fett movie even still on the list? I remember when they first revealed their plans it was supposed to be the side story movie after episode 9 but last I saw it looked like they replaced it with the Obi Wan movie.

they should have just made it animated with Harrison doing the voice over

The only spin-off I wanted was an Obi-Wan movie set between 3 and 4. But now Im just imagining all the ways Disney (or specifically Kathleen Kennedy) will fuck it up.

Yes. Not sure about the Kenobi or Yoda ones at this point though.

It was a horrible idea from the start.

>movie will explain how he got the name 'Han Solo'

What? Is that not a normal name in Star Wars universe?

Who the fuck is writing this garbage?

apparently everything needs an origin

Even Harrison Ford isn't welcome, that guy is fucking old, act your age or fuck off. I can't believe he's making Indy5, the madness. i bet they'll 3D scan him on first day of shooting just in case he dies in between filming.
I'm not interested in any spin-offs as long as Kathleen Kennedy is running Lucasfilm down the toilet. I have principles, I don't pay for this shit.

Just because the internet has to ruin literally everything doesn't mean this music isn't good.

it should be. if fans really hated TLJ and were let down with RO. But we all know they will flood theaters

>Han, we have to steal the declaration of republic independence.

Not gonna see it.

It probably going to depend on how much it cost to make. My guess is it will seriously underperform.

Honestly, Someone needs to start a petition or something to tell Disney to stop with anything regarding OT characters.

They clearly don't care about the characters or the rules of the galaxy established.

They’ve been trying to turn Emilia Clarke into a major star since Terminator.

Its directed by Ron Howard. Its by default a tossup.

Disney bought Star Wars to sell Member Berries, they need to milk the biggest Member Berries because they don’t give a damn about growing their own.

The hallmark of a decadent society is the inability to innovate, only take something old and make it even more grandiose or gaudy.

apparently the budget has doubled because almost the entire movie has been reshot

Give up all hope, do not even give it your money unless you simply need to kill some time. Limit your irrational exuberance to mild surprise if it's not a steaming pile.

Why is Disney-LucasFilm making a Han Solo movie when they've outlawed sexy aliens? What's the point of doing a movie around such a seedy character at all if he's not around prostitutes, drug dealers, and other adult shit with a Star Wars skin?

>Lawrence Kasdan demanded it to be made if he had to be involved in Star Wars again.
That's fucking hilarious. TFA was stupid through and through. Fuck that hack.

They’re going to portray the unscrupulous smuggler and criminal as a noble soul whose only targets are explicit criminals and the Empire. Over the course of the movie he will run into the Princess Kira and rescue her people or whatever from trouble, showing how great he is and how nice he is.

And then there will be a reference to Mos Eisley and the entire cast will look at the camera with a knowing wink.

Why are you calling him a hack when he’s demanding a pound of flesh from The Mouse? The movie’s a hatefuck and he’s making it very clear he despises the current state of things.

Holy fuck The Last Jedi and then this. Disney really have killed Star Wars haven't they?

Lol all they did was shop the head onto the regular han body