The Wolverine

The man who made this mediocre trash also made superhero-kino.

How?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RrB_sr77_wM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was actually a good movie, retard.

The Wolverine was not a bad capeshit at all. The poison chick villain didn't add much at all but the Wolverine in Japan with the heiress scenes are quality character study.

X-Men Origins->The Wolverine->Logan is the only trilogy I can think of where each installment is significantly better the one before it.

because the wolverine was almost kino as well if they allowed him to make it R

youtube.com/watch?v=RrB_sr77_wM

It's Kino

Logan is garbage. This is basically the same level of movie just it wasn't "muh last ride"

How are they a character study? The romance felt unnecessary and poorly-handled.

Plus, the third act is too bloated. Poison chick is a horrible villain.

The Wolverine was good, you turbopleb.

the wolverine has a nice theme about logan's not having the gift of men - i.e. mortality

The movie is about vulnerability (and Wolverine's longevity). While on the run, both Wolverine and the heiress find themselves vulnerable for the first time in a long time, and their romance follows naturally. Finally, it frames the conflict at the climax of the movie. If Wolverine gives up his longevity he could grow old and die with the Japanese chick. Then this is immediately taken away from him when the guy who wants his immortality is a sociopath (whose existence Logan is responsible for in the first place). Sure, in the end it just furthers the character he already was(torn up by guilt and tired of the world) but the you feel that the story was a nice refresher for him and his faith in himself.

But the whole point is he is mortal in it when he loses his powers.

The Wolverine is good though

Point is, it's really mediocre compared to Logan. The whole vulnerabilty aspect is central to his character and has been done time and time again.

Logan is about family. It's new, different, and better overall.

Almost nobody would say The Wolverine is better than Logan. It is pretty good for a cape flick though and is leaps and bounds better than Origins.

That's what l was saying. Compared to Logan, The Wolverine is so...mediocre.

The Wolverine would've been kino if it wasn't for the mecha samurai and bullet train sequence
the fight with the motorcycle ninjas is up for debate though

>superhero
>kino

Was anyone a bit bothered by references to The Wolverine and Logan's cage fighting past in Logan the movie? He re-wrote the entire timeline from the 70's onward in DoFP, so chances are those events would not have taken place.

Is Logan connected to DoFP?
The continuity is so messed up.

Because Japan Wolverine was fucking fine and people are just bandwagon shitheads when it comes to opinyuhs.

I have no idea.

The post-credits scene in The Wolverinw was a set-up for DoFP, right? I'm not sure if Logan is supposed to be set after that or if it's its own thing.

There's no references to DoFP in Logas, as far as l know.