qt.vidyagam.es/DtmeAx6.mp4

>Dendy
qt.vidyagam.es/Ds5a6wJ.mp4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iSea6gOVd5g
twitter.com/ianjq/status/841380487947931648
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Boxmore looks pretty fuckable in the Infomercial short

So which animation style is the show using?

>show
Judging by the number of shorts they are outputting I would say they decided to keep the "show" as a series of shorts.

But they annocued a show
youtube.com/watch?v=iSea6gOVd5g

>Melissa Fahn
neat

I want to order one of those thicc yellow waifu robots from Boxmore

I wonder if these shorts eat into however many episodes CN ordered.

Judging by the production codes I actually kinda doubt it (most CN show shorts share a production code that's within a season, like how the season 2 SU shorts are 1031-058, while the Adventure Time shorts were 1025-204 for the season 6 shorts and 1034-229 for the season 7 shorts)
meanwhile each of these shorts has a different production code number; I bet these shorts were ordered before the show's first season was

Shannon?

I liked KO's voice better when it was just straight up Kid Goku/Kid Gohan.

>OK KO shorts in production order

>501-238-001
KO: Written/Boarded by Toby Jones and Stu Livingston; animated at Science Saru
>501-238-002
Enid: Written/Boarded by Ian Jones-Quartey; animated at Rubber House
>501-238-003
Rad: Written/Boarded by Victor Courtright; animated at Studio Yotta

>1044-501S
Enid's Bad Day: Written/boarded by Mira Ongchua; animated at Studio Yotta
>1044-502S
Rad Cries: Written/boarded by Parker Simmons; animated at Moi Animation
>1044-503S
Carol: Written/boarded by Ryann Shannon; animated at Science Saru
>1044-504S
Commercial: Written/boarded by Mira Ongchua; animated at Studio Yotta
>1044-505S
Barrels and Crates: Written/boarded by Parker Simmons; animated by Studio Yotta
>1044-506S
Rad's Van: Written/boarded by Ryann Shannon; animated at Science Saru
>1044-507S
Power-Up!!!: Written/boarded by Stevie Borbolla; animated at Studio Yotta
>1044-508S
Dendy: Written/boarded by Toby Jones; animated at Cartoon Network Studios
>1044-509S
has not been released yet
>1044-510S
Boxmore Infomercial: Written/boarded by Ryann Shannon and Parker Simmons; animated at Powerhouse Animation

Lakewood Plaza Turbo was a better name

>Jim Cummings still voices Lord Box Man

The more and more shorts of this show I see the more confident I believe I can get into it.
I like the characters and their relationships, and they actually have pretty decent character designs.

Alright. K.O.'s gonna be a problem for me; he's like S1 Steven Universe times a thousand.

And I LOVED S1 Steven!

Dendy is kind of cute....

Is Dendy a boy or a girl?...
I mean they're pretty cute either way.

sounds like peridot so girl

Dendy seems to be K.O.'s love interest, and I doubt Ian JQ plans on pushing his liberal views so much that he'd make his MC gay.

>O.K. K.O.! Let's Be Heroes
GodDAMMIT! It's OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes, OP!

Literally calm the fuck down.

I can't tell if this is a meme or not. Maybe it's just trying to be.

Finally, we get a better look at the World of Heroes: 201X.

I love the idea of the show taking place in a sort of dystopian future, with mainly superheroes on top of that!

Hopefully, Ian JQ won't follow in Rebecca's footsteps and'll actually explore that world rather than stick with the Plaza and Boxmore forever.

>Giant hole in the middle of Russia

The gems couldn't save the entire earth.

>Townie Episodes: The Series
Yeesh.

I bet it's just the plaza and boxmore for season 1 and then bigger after that

Might not even be human or gem battle damage. South America and Africa split different, the plate tectonics seem different.

The animation is actually pretty good. It's flash, but it's pretty good

Wait, is Kid Gohan not doing the voice for KO anymore?

How old is he supposed to be again?

ian said anywhere from 6 to 12 iirc

That's... one hell of an age range.

It's a demographic joke (I think Ian actually said 6-11)

eh. its not like he goes to school or anything so it doesnt really matter

Found the actual tweet, and it sounds like a serious answer: twitter.com/ianjq/status/841380487947931648

but theres also a gem structure right in the middle of the hole in russia

might be safe to assume the hole is gem related

they went all superjail in that one short, that was freaky

Christ, these are so fucking boring. How is anyone enjoying these? There are barely jokes, they drag out the performances, and the situations aside from the power-up one feel generic as hell.

We need to put our characters in a situation where one demonstrates imagination and the other logic. What can we do? I know, cloud watching!
We need to have a character mess up their infomercial take. What can they do? I know, mess up the reading by stuttering over it!
We need to have our characters in a commercial and make it awkward. How do we do that? I know, they stand still and are awkward!

Where's the fucking surprise, twists, or unexpected punchlines. This writing is one level away from being knock knock jokes you find in a kids book.

>Kirbopher is a cast member
>Ashly Burch as a cast member
>Rina Chan was 2B in Neir Automata
>Egoraptor did Rick and Morty
>Matt Chapman did voices and wrote for Gravity Falls

What other flash aninators became professional VAs?

>KO's love interest is based on DOTA player whose name is "Dendi"

Why has no one noticed this yet?

>jokes
They're call gags, baiter.

he's kid Goku + Steven

Changing the word didn't make it funny.
"Humorous anecdote", "Non-Sequitur", "pun", "wordplay". It's still bland writing.

wait a minute, dota isn't a fighting game wtf

Given that humor is subjective, I wouldn't think it would.
>How are anyone enjoying these?
And some people probably wouldn't laugh at things you find funny. "Bland writing" my ass.

>Justifying your own shit taste

Just admit you only eat the cherry part of the sundae because the rest is unhealthy.

Your shitty half-assed critiques make me skeptical of your own "taste".

You're right, because shutting down someone's opinion with "you're wrong" is the apex of refuting one's point.

Prove me wrong that the writing isn't bland other than, "No it's not". I've already explained the punchlines are expected, generic, and the characters performances are painfully dragged out.

What's your rebuttal?

you got some valid points there user, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and hope they're saving the good plots for the actual show

Give an example of a non-"generic" punchline. Prove your writing skills, other than saying "how dare they use tropes?"

>We need to put our characters in a situation where one demonstrates imagination and the other logic. What can we do? I know, cloud watching!
>We need to have a character mess up their infomercial take. What can they do? I know, mess up the reading by stuttering over it!
These alone are some of the most retarded critiques I've ever read and you're retarded too if you think they're valid.

>Putting the burden of proof onto the debater to avoid coming up with reasons yourself

Nah, that's not how arguing works, sorry. Then again, I would expect a, "Let's see YOU do better!" response from someone who says, "H-humor is subjective! You can't criticize anything!".

the stuttering on tv gag is pretty overdone tbhimhocolonparenthesis

It would prove how it's "bad" or "generic" instead of just claiming "it's bad."
>H-humor is subjective!
Is it suddenly not?

Nope, you're still putting the burden of proof on the critique to "do better". I don't need to make an entire movie to call Delgo bad either.

And saying humor is subjective shuts down all forms of comments, discussion, or critique. You may as well have said, "That's your opinion". No shit it is, that's why I typed it.

>. I don't need to make an entire movie to call Delgo bad either.
Dude, all I'm asking is to provide an example of how to make the punchlines better. A sentence, not a movie.
>And saying humor is subjective shuts down all forms of comments, discussion, or critique.
No it doesn't. It just shuts down the fact that someone can be wrong for laughing at something you don't. It's a response to your genius sentence "How is anyone enjoying these?"

>Still not understanding what "burden of proof" is
>Being this mad over a hyperbolic statement

Then again, if you don't know what the first term is, I severely doubt you know what a hyperbole is either. Considering joke was too big of a word for you that you had to shrink it down one letter to "gag" is telling.

>We're dealing with a pseudointellectual
Of course. Stop talking like a teenager who just became an atheist and tell me what you need me to prove. You said they "felt generic" and I'm simply asking "make it not generic." I don't even think these are amazing just decent enough, I'm just sick of shitty retarded pseudointellectual criticisms like the ones coming from your posts.

>Basic phrases above a fifth grade level are "pseudo intellect"
>STILL demanding me to "do better" as proof of its genericness

I'm not on the crew, I don't work for the show, I'm not getting paid, I don't have to do shit because it's not my job to brainstorm. That doesn't mean I can't comment when I see a cliche.

Do you also think terms like "simile" and "metaphor" are college level or something? Are you actually underage? Should I get the mods in here?

>>>Basic phrases above a fifth grade level are "pseudo intellect"
The phrases you're using aren't why I'm calling you a pseudointellectual.

Please tell me what I said that sounds pseudo intellectual to you so I can laugh at how limited your own vocabulary is.

Oh I'm sorry, is that pseduo intellectual, too? Should I have said, "so I can laugh that you can't say the big words"?

If you're going to use this comment as proof, that isn't even right either. The word you're looking for is "snarky" or "sarcasm". But since it's you, it's no wonder you don't understand those concepts either.

>Please tell me what I said that sounds pseudo intellectual to you so I can laugh at how limited your own vocabulary is.
Haven't even been following this argument, but that is a very pseudo-intellectual thing to say.

You get it.

Good thing you stopped reading to only green text the first sentence because you ultimately proved the remaining two perfectly.

Nice samefag.

>samefag
Check the post times mate.

It only takes 30 seconds to make a new post if you have a Pass, user.

Timestamps literally proved nothing. You would have been better off actually screencapping to disprove the two (You)s.

Super cute

Believe what you like.

>Being this hesitant to even screencap

Don't worry, you just confirmed it. You've also semi-successfully distracted the entire convo away from criticisms about the show because you couldn't really think of something beyond," Well I like it because it's comfy".

OK KO World doesn't seem to be solely fighting games. It looks like it's just a retro world. It has some platformer, beat 'em ups, RPG, and Saturday Morning cartoon influence in its world, too.

holy shit, dude

Looks like shit.

Why does OP's image look like the layout was made using Google SketchUp?

have you been using google sketchup lately

you're just lazy and don't want to put effort into arguing

I played around with it because I wanted to try some 3D modelling but didn't have the computer processing power to even attempt Maya or ZBrush and heard SketchUp was really easy to pick up and start using. It has this kind of distinctive "fish eye" view when looking at things to make the shapes look more dynamic than they are and OP's image reminds me of it.

>Calarts
When will this shit end and we'll get something that actually looks a bit different and not like it was made by the same fuck?

Can't argue against nothing, user. I already gave my own thoughts, other user gave shit.

Wowzers

thoughts =/= example

OP here, just woke up to this shit.

Why the fuck can't you faggots get along.

Ian worked on SU, so until LPT (I'm still calling it that fuck this new name) comes out and proves otherwise, LPT threads will mainly consist of SU slapfights.

And I don't need to rewrite the script to justify my thoughts, especially if user is not even going to argue why he thinks it's good other than, "I like it".

If you want an existing example of other shows that did it better, then I can do that, but it's not what other user wanted. He wanted me to "fix" the problems. Dipper and Mabel are good examples of logic vs. crazy, and it subverts tropes for humorous purposes by having Dipper do things like buy 15 cameras to bypass the whole, "Whoops, we forgot our camera!" cliche and further pushed the joke by having Mabel throw them over board.

OK KO doesn't have the subvert your expectations. It would actually be OK only has one camera and that's the crux of the problem. None of the character interactions were particularly funny. And half the shorts in the OP list rely on "Character awkward drags out bad performance while on camera" gag. It's fucking boring.

Bumping for actual discussion of the shorts.

Is KO Goku gonna bang Dendy Dende?

IIRC, Ian JQ made the show take place in the northeast to better resemble his childhood, like Rebecca Sugar.

>no steppe nomads wrecking everybody's shit
Nothing of value was lost.

Why would there by danger zones when there is peaceful neutral territory between the two cities?

Might be some kinda video game reference. Guess we'll have to wait and find out.