When did he learn to fly

when did he learn to fly

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ObaiI30500
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

when Rey learned to swim

When Rey learned Jedi mind control.

Could he not fly before? Hes been in that army since he was a kid why wouldn’t he have learned to fly a ship at some point.

holy shit I forgot the entire reason he broke Poe out was because he needed a pilot

He's not flying, he's basically driving a space car, and even then he's shown to have trouble piloting it when they drop out of the hangar

She doesn't "swim" she awkwardly claws her way to the surface and then paddles 10 feet. Treading water is not hard.

Just turn your brain off and enjoy the movie.

Same reason why infantrymen don't know how to fly fighter jets.
He was expendable fodder. They're not going to trust one of their ships to him.

He didn't know how to pilot a TIE Fighter, which is why Poe helped him escape.

hes a fucking space janitor

You ass brain dipshit the entire reason he needed to jailbreak Poe was because he needed a pilot to escape the First Order. He couldn't fly a TIE himself.

Finn suddenly knowing how to fly proves they're just making shit up as they go along and there's zero internal consistency in the Star Wars universe.

>army
>flying
bruh

Ah yeah, forgot that. Thanks user

Didn't he have problems with his speeder for the first few seconds? But yeah, it is a bit of an asspull.

He believes he can fly
He believes he can touch the sky
He thinks about it every night and day
Spreads his wings and fly away…

no he's not, that was a joke. everything in these films is a joke, all the characters are blank slates that can be anything the writers want them to be at any point because everything is a fucking joke and there is no characterization ever. they never thought about the implications of him being a janitor beyond "this will make a funny moment this one time." it doesn't even make sense that he's a janitor in the context of their own fucking film, unless he somehow got promoted to infantry after cleaning toilets really well.

I like how literally NOTHING in the new movies is thought out even a little bit.

Why do the "ski speeders" (which look like b-wing afterbirth) have a skid dragging along the ground?

>So we can get this neat red salt flowing behind them!

But it doesn't make SENSE.

But of course nothing in Star Wars makes sense.

Why pilot your snowspeeders against the AT-ATs in a frontal assault? Why not swing around from the side, or better yet, attack them from the back?

Why not fly to as high an altitude as possible then dive bomb them?

For that matter, why not just send out a flight of y-wings to torpedo every single one of them?

I've hated Star Wars ever since I realized that literally every scene in the franchise is built for looks first, in-universe logic second.

you mean like how rey had problems flying the falcon for a few seconds before mastering it and expertly flying through a derelict star destroyer? that's how they do "learning" in star wars now. It's a great lesson for kids. forget having to put hundreds of hours into something to get good at it and thousands to master it, no just pick up a violin, play a few bad notes and within ten seconds you'll be the greatest violin player the world has ever seen.

youtube.com/watch?v=1ObaiI30500

Yeah fair point. A lot of these problems (like Rey's skill in TLJ) could've been better handwaved with a timeskip between the movies.

He didn't need to steer, just go in a straight line. That's manageable.
Also, these things don't fly, they glide along the salt with skids.

Didn't you like how he destroyed 3 tie fighters with one shot to save his Asian girlfriend? Just turn your brain off and stop trying to put more holes in this swiss cheese of a plot that is TLJ.

He is. The janitor thing comes up again when Rose asks him how he'd know where on a Star Destroyer a hyperspace tracker would be set up. He answers that he used to mop the floors now and again in such a vessel.

>Why was he flying towards the massive cannon

>Why wasnt he shooting

>Why wasnt he being shot at

>Why did he fly straight through the heat beam

>With an open cockpit

>Why and how does he escape all that distance back to the base

>Why put a massive cannon on the surface instead of shooting from orbit

>Why such a big cannon if it's going to blow a 5 foot hole

>Why send like 20 walkers and 5 fighters only

>Why not shoot inside the base , just at hologram luke.

>Why was he flying towards the massive cannon
Independence Day maneuver.

>Why wasnt he shooting
No gun turrets.

>Why wasnt he being shot at
Err...

>Why did he fly straight through the heat beam
Because it wasn't heat, it was the cannon powering up.

>With an open cockpit
These things haben's been maintained in ~30years and are on the verge of collapsing by themselves.

>Why and how does he escape all that distance back to the base
Err...

Hardly anyone remembers the details of TFA because the entire series is a brain-dead cash grab.

This series would be widely mocked if it wasn’t progressive as guck.

>watching Star Wars for the plot
I bet your D&D group would have defeated Kylo and Snoke in no time with your l33t builds.

tell that to all the drowning niggers in alabama

I completely forgot about that.
Funny how a single line can save movies from these types of questions
>wonder why Luke could fly an X-wing
>remember that he mentions earlier that he often flew a Skyhopper, which had similar controls

So simple yet they don't even bother anymore.

These things are skimmers, which are the standard ground transport in the Star Wars universe. It seems reasonable to me that he'd be trained/generally know how to pilot a skimmer while not knowing how to operate a TIE fighter.

IRL comparison: A soldier knowing how to drive an MRAP but not an F-22

after this man showed him how

>the only continuity between the two films is that finn was a janitor

the absolute state of this franchise.

lel

yeah or time skip until everyone in TFA died of old age and start over.

What is even the point of having a repulsorlift vehicle that requires some kind of trailing claw arm?

I mean, it doesn't even make sense.

One stray boulder on the ground and it's going to catch the tailhook and rip the entire midsection out.

God I hate Star Wars.

Cool vistas.

>they actually have janitors in star wars
i thought that was what those little REEEEEEEEEEEE droids where for

No, those are for spying on the employees.

How the fuck did ROSE know how to fly? She said she only works with pipes.

eh, i just interpreted them as inverted bumper cars and the hook is necessary for some stupid sci-fi reason. just turn off your brain LMAO

They uploaded a program in his sleep. Star Wars is morphing into the Matrix now.

There flying in a straight line.
They're going through a tight wind.
The kids are losing their minds.
Blitzkrieg Bop.

Also why would they spend money and resources raising child-janitors? Wouldn't they just dump the kids that don't measure up?

Bitches leave!

>She said she only works with pipes.
lol that's what she said

In the Big Mouth Academy

round the time xwings got a hand brake

When did Rose learn to fly?

He can't fly. He's driving and badly at that.

>rub berries on body

I like both of your responses. Many laffs were had.

>Wanting a somewhat cohesive plot is wrong
>Accusing a Star Wars fan of being a nerd
You are a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

Also why does he say that he's been raised to do one thing in TFA even though he is a janitor? Has he been raised his whole life to be a janitor?

Fucking nice one.

Summer movies are the best.

When did the chink tube mechanic learn to fly?

It was essentially a space tractor, not a fighter.

i can only assume that he was raised to be a soldier but sucked so hard at it that they made him clean toilets instead. then they lose a bunch of soldiers somehow and have to make up the numbers. i'm honestly surprised it's referenced in TLJ though, it seemed like a throw-away joke in TFA.