Luke becomes powerful after two movies worth of training

>Luke becomes powerful after two movies worth of training
>Anakin becomed powerful after two movies worth of training
>Rey knows how to handle a light saber, use the force, talk to droids, and fly the millennium falcon without any training
This is what bothers me. Being a Jedi is like 85% practice. You can't just be good at it from the beginning.

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_books
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When the force is female you can

except when you're female you fucking moron, that's how the force works
if you were a real fan you would know the force is female

I have literally no idea how you can fail at such a fundamental movie making aspects.

When I think of Kylo on IX I wonder if he's going to became more ruthless. Or maybe he will realise what kind of a person he is. Is he going to calm down and rule the First Order with the Iron First or maybe he will continue having emotional breakdowns. Is he going to accept himself, past, forgive Luke or his parents?

When I think Rey she has no struggles. There os notge to root for. She succeeds at everything she does, or if she fails for the first time she escapes or wins without any consequences or struggle immediately after. She doesn't progress at anything because she already knows everything without any training. She just smiles and cries from time to time that she doesn't know her parents and then goes to be completely perfect at everything.

I guess that's what happens when you have women at the charge of the story group.

I'm still under the impression that Episode 9 won't be the end. If Disney is doing to Star Wars what they're doing to Marvel, the whole notion of Star Wars going in trilogies may be a thing of the past.

I hope not because then there's no escape from bland and completely soulless characters for a long time in SW.

Agreed, when it comes to Kylo I'm curious what he's going to do, even if he keeps fucking up even more. When it comes to Rey I know she'll win all the challenges and come out on top no matter what. She's a bland version of One Punch Man.

At least One Punch Man has the depth to realize that being awesome isn't as awesome as he expected it to be. Hell, if they did that with Rey it would be a huge step in the right direction.

>Luke becomes powerful after two movies worth of training
>Anakin becomed powerful after two movies worth of training
they arguably only got gud at the end of their 3rd movies and EVEN THEN:
-Luke would get savaged by Vader if he fought him seriously and didn't taunt him about Leia trying to pull him to dark side
-Anakin literally almost died like a bitch and got hooked to life support armor in the last moment

True. OPM being OP doesn't detract from his story because the character is funny and despite that he approaches being a hero with more responsibility than Rey ever did. Also he's underappreciated and even insulted by the rest of society, so that's a big difference too.

DESU, I feel like they treated it like a superhero origin movie. She got stronger as the movie went on even though the obstacles got harder, which doesn't make any sense.

Her Force powers are explained by the movie. Also, Snoke kicks her ass and she had to be saved by Kylo Ren.

Yep. The scene with snoke showed that she is very weak with the force. Since she beat Kylo Ren, it shows that he also is weak. They say their potential is strong. They know enough to learn more, but they still are very weak.

It's like when you beat the best kid on your street at super smash bros, even though it's the first time you've played it. You'd still get destroyed by a professional.

TLJ takes place over like 20 hours at most
TFA maybe a couple of days

Rey literally eclipsed the greatest Jedi we've known in a few days, this is absolute madness

Snoke was a fucking hollow plot device and died like a bitch
>o hey, here's a force user who could give Palpatine a run for his fucking money and he command resurgent empire and is very mysterious and you are dying to learn more about him and where will he take the plo-whoops he's fucking dead

Translation
>anakin-13 years
>Luke-4 years (including Degobah which distorts time so it's actually longer)
>Rey-0.005479452 years (2days)

I bypassed the training

>Talk to the droids
You need the force yo do this?

/thread

Yeah but later in the movie her force powers were far beyond Yoda's at his peak. Yoda could barely hold a ship in place. Rey could fling hundreds of thousands of pounds of boulders like cannonballs to clear the path for the escape.

Anakin has a 10 year time skip for the 2nd movie and was nearly as good as Dooku by then.

Rey has 1-2 days between Episode 7 and 8.

4 years is not that long desu

You left out that Luke was also the literal son of the Force Jesus (Anakin), while Rey is a literal nobody.

FPBP

DRUMPFKINS ON FUCKING SUICIDE WATCH

In empire strikes back he spent 6 months with yoda, because of time dialation

There is a whole year between empire strikes back and Jedi (it's unknown how long he actually spent training with gods but it was long enough for yoda and obiwan to let him go and face Vader

WTF I LOVE DISNEY NOW

>and was nearly as good as Dooku by then.

He AND Obi Wan got their ass torn apart by Dooku, Yoda had to fly in and save them both. Even tag-teaming they couldn't win, it was only after three more years of constant warfare and training that he and Obi Wan could finally become fully realized Masters

>Kylo Ren is so powerful that he can stop a blaster bolt mid air and hold it there with little to know effort
>loses two movies in a row to a girl with zero training

Not to mention that he can read minds

>Since she beat Kylo Ren, it shows that he also is weak.

>weak with the force
>stops a blaster bolt in mid air with no effort

But not hers though

Only dumb loser virgins have a problem with Rey. For example me, I don't really care about her.

And yet obiwan turned him into minced meat.

>Females get handed the keys to the kingdom instantly
>Males have to try and fail multiple times to succeed
My almonds won't stop activating

Does anyone have even a shitty camrip of this moment? I'm having a hard time envisioning exactly how many rocks she's able to lift and if there's any indication of struggle.

to be fair he had the high ground

She looks cute right there

It really ruins what Yoda did because Luke was fucking amazed at how powerful someone so small and old could be.

If the force is female, why didn't Aayla Secura and Shaak Ti not die?

the blue lighting hides all her deformities

Not in a numbered entry that will go down in history as something completely canon that all people of all ages will forever remember.

like a 100 huge boulders, she does't just clear the path removing them, she keeps holding them up forva while

>I'm still under the impression that Episode 9 won't be the end
Oh it will if the they keep tanking like TLJ

>bypassed the character development arc

Rey's a mary sue but Luke barely trained at all. He practiced with a droid in the first one for like 2 hours and then was with Yoda for at max a week.

He was withyoda for 6 months and then he returns for even longer during the gap between empire and Jedi

He abandons Yoda's training to go save his friends when he wasn't prepared for it and got trounced and de-handed. There's also the amount of time that passed between ANH and ESB, where Luke has been fighting for around a year. Han was also frozen in carbonite, there's an unquestionable bad-end that casts doubt on how the third film will go.

Rey's on an absolute hot streak and hasn't been bested in any meaningful capacity or had to sacrifice anything.

Bullshit that was six months, the events with Han Solo and Leia didn't take up that much time and they were happening concurrently.

RotJ I'll give you, but he went toe-to-toe with Darth Vader in Empire.

He arrived at Yoda's planet and could barely lift a rock, so the time between ANH and ESB did nothing in terms of his force ability.

Also, Vader didn't even kick his ass, one of the supposed most skillful force users in the galaxy let a kid get in a couple good shots after he trained with Yoda for a combined screen time of 5 minutes.

That's one week and two hours more of training they Rey got, and he still lost to Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back. Rey hasn't lost a sword fight against anybody, despite having no experience with a sword.

The hyper drive on the Falcon was broken so it took them a long time to get to cloud city.
Believe it or not that's actually how the imperials got there first to cut the deal with Lando.
But more importantly Degobah exists in its own bubble and time passes faster outside of it.

No Character development: The Movie.

Eat a dick Disney.

DROPPED

>Degobah exists in its own bubble and time passes faster outside of it
Is that said in the movies anywhere?

Not the extended universe, that's not canon anymore

It's in the novelisation (cannon)

Luke does nothing special the force in ESB aside from pulling his lightsaber at the beginning, and force jumping out of a hole in the Vader fight. I mainly brought it up as lightsaber experience.

Go rewatch the fight, Vader is completely toying with him the majority of the fight, testing his limits and taunting him to see how he measures up as an apprentice. Vader dictates the pace of the fight, backs him into a corner, gets knicked in the shoulder and then immediately proceeds to chop off Luke's hand. It's incomparable to what Rey has done so far, in terms of the force, her lightsaber combat, and her undefeated record against the only antagonist in the film.

And touched upon in clone wars (also connon)

Nothing except for the movies are canon

Word of Mouse

>Kylo Ren can stop lasers mid air like is nothing
>Not even Vader could do that

Yeah he is totally weak

Novelisations are cannon

They are literally the script from the movie but with extra descriptions and elements they couldn't convey visually

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_books

Anakin had a literally timeskip and shitload of cartoon worth of training

>10 year old Anakin meets with the jedi council or whatever they're called
>"sure he was born of a virgin out of midichlorians basically making him the force jesus. but he is TOO OLD and there's no point in training him"
>Luke is found as a teen
>"ay bruv I see you got talent and shit so I'll train you to become a jedi, also how bout you train with the best jedi of them all?"
>trains for a few months and becomes the bestest and purest jedi of them all
>Ray picks up a lightsaber in her twenties, reks a naturally gifted sith who has trained all his life
>takes like three meditating sessions with Luke
>becomes so powerful Luke sees no point in existing anymore so he just vanishes
I don't get those series.
still liked the new movie kindof (best one since the first one (not that you need much to top those movies))

What are you, a sexist? The force is female now. Rey was designed as a 'strong' female character from the ground up, and they structured the story around that fact.
I hated it in TFA but I thought with this they were setting up her arrogance so she'd get smacked down, but they tripled down. I don't think they're so incompetent as to not be aware that characters should progress and be challenged, so that narrows it down to pure agenda for me.

He's also a literal gag character where being overpowered is his self-aware gimmick.