Gunnerkrigg Court Duckpond

Chapter 62: Page 19

>Kat has spoken.

Kat's a total bro

Aww ...

But Kat is wrong.

You looking to get smote?

What are the odds we see Kat telling Red shes a cunt?

That was a little anticlimactic.

This would be a really bad time to bring up that green arrow thing Kat invented to get into Annie's mind

So you side with a shitty fairy over A LITERAL MACHINE GODDESS

Fuck, I hope the robots crucify Red for her heresy. Like full on nailing her screaming to cross as they impale her with spears while robot crows peck at her open wounds while periodically spraying a mist of lemon juice and glass shards

I honestly doubt Kat would bother. Even if Kat shows Red that she's being unfair and mean by what she said, Red would be fine with that because her feelings are more important.

We can't even imagine how Robot's religion boner is gonna swell with the liberation of Jeanne's soul

I'm gonna laugh if he's listening to this and interprets it as Red being a heretic offensive to the Angel and the Mother and actually does send the Seraphs to ice her and Blue

Wow the exact pointless resolution I didn't want to happen happened.

The thing you need to remember about Red, user, is that she is a stupid asshole. That is her singular character trait, she is dumb and rude at all times. How this manifested itself here is that she spoke at length about how Annie was selfish when the whole reason she's talking at all is because the girl she loves was put in danger. She wouldn't have said a damn thing if that didn't occur to her, as she is, in fact, the selfish one. Its why her whole dialogue revolved around selfishness, it's one of the few things she can even understand. Annie didn't do this for herself, it was never about her, it was always about Jeanne and the psychopomps and the Court. Righting an incredible wrong. Annie is just a very insecure person and so she gave credit to Red where none was due.s

Annie do you regret leaving hetrosexuality behind?

No

well good, you shouldn't

Dunno if anyone cares, but Tom got engaged.

To the Monster Pulse artist?
I saw he tweeted he's off to New York.

Helping Jeane was the right thing to do.
Tricking people into putting themselves into mortal danger for no good reason was not.

Yeah, if you check out her twitter feed, she gushes about being engaged now. Happened sometime earlier today.

RIP Gunnerkrigg. A happy, well adjusted Tom is incapable of making good content.

It does make me wonder what the fucking point of all of this was though. Like did we really need an entire chapter where the stupid asshole acts like a stupid asshole to give some conflict that's probably never going to come up again?

>tricking

[i'mnitsureitneanswhatyouthinkitmeans.gif]

Tom's been with Magnolia for a few years now. Any changes his happiness would have on the comic would be evident by now.

Annie forgot to tell Kat about how she almost got her friend fatally stabbed and almost killed him as a result.

LESBIANS

Hot.

Didn't he go through horrible pain during that too? Cause him breaking a finger was portrayed as intense, and he got carved up.

In reality Kat regrets that it Red was first.

>Cause him breaking a finger was portrayed as intense
Well, he'd never broken anything or even experienced pain before.

But yeah, it probably hurt like a bitch.

Like that last chapter?

That's awesome!

How soon will his fiance make him throw out his comics and get a real job?

Given the way the last chapter ended, i'd be surprised if we ever see Red or Ayilu again

>Monster Pulse artist

Angels can't lie.

'
this doesn't seem anti climactic to me, given there was still implied tension between her and the other two. The fact that she was still affected by red's accusation, means that it's less weather she acted correctly and more weather she's able to cope with the increasing gravity of her actions and her still untethered emotional issues causing her to second guess herself. And there's still plenty of fallout we've yet to see.

The only tension Tom will tolerate in this comic is lesbionic lust.

Too much of one. Annie needs a friendly criitic who isn't a psycho-wolf-ent.

I've always been waiting for SHIT TO GET REAL in this comic but I guess this is what it's actually all about. It's a little dull.

except there is nothing about the Jeanne issue that warrants this. everyone was on board since the moment they learned of it. Parley buffed up for this reason. Red had no point but Annie is too dumb to realize Red's argument was flawed. hence this forced drama.

I'm glad Tom seems to realize that and have Kat react accordingly. this whole arc is unecessary

Will they go on a safari for their honeymoon?

You're not lying if you believe what you're saying

Sigh.

Yeah, this is why it'd be quite a thing for Tom to make Kat actually useful as a friend, here. She's got to walk a tightrope- 1) Annie, you just saved two souls from eternal torment 2) how you ended up wrangling the fairies was really low and selfish and yeah, you got to be better than that going forward

Annie's low self-esteem as fuck at her core, so for a while now kneejerk complete and total support (and certainly from her best friend) was an easy call to make- but I think it'll be a really fucking huge mistake eventually and this might be the place. Annie either gets uncritical approval or a vicious take down over *everything*, and even when she doesn't that's how she sees things. Time to start thinking like a grown-up before you end up with a crazy-person.

the finger/arm was the only alive feeling part, the rest of his body was still unfeeling robot metal so besides shock from his arm he likely didn't feel shit.

Now though after the feeling body is done he'll feel more pain, and pleasure

Yeah, whether or not a fallout would be justified, it's what the character needs.

>did we really need an entire chapter where the stupid asshole acts like a stupid asshole to give some conflict that's probably never going to come up again?
yes

the protagonist's burden goes beyond such superficial things as selfishness and negligence, and is worth exploring on it's own

why didn't they just ask zimmy and gamma, annie's best friends?

Because Zimmy would say the most crudely hurtful thing she can think of, and Gamma would happily talk about stuffed animals in Polish until she notices that Zimmy is standing right next to her and then happily talk about that until she forgets and starts talking about stuffed animals again?

>basically chav Red and Ayilu

i would really like them to be in the comic more

Great thread, everyone. 35 posters, more than the last thread.

:)

we an go to 36 poster that doesn't mean thecontribution is good

>Trusting fair folk

user you can't trust those that aren't even human.

What about gods?

Gods are very trustworthy, they're gods.

They're not human.

They're way better! You should listen to everything they say, especially if they tell you to kill people.

I'd kill for Kat.

>unnecessary
Red's whole scene was basically about giving voice to Annie's own doubts about what had transpired. It's why the threads for that chapter were full of anons asking if this was just a dream; in her own dumbassed, selfish way, Red managed to skewer Annie on every point, even her own motives.

The hard thing is knowing when your doubts are unfounded or not.