BANE - Conquest #1 Final Lettered Preview

Set after the events of Batman's "I Am Bane" arc, but not required reading.

Variant

END

I was pumped on this but the art looks terrible when he's in the mask.

I'm genuinely excited.

This is some fucking Liefeldian anatomy though. What the fuck.

>Bobo?

I do love that he has his own Jason Todd display. Just it's a teddy.

The writing in this is pretty good, I just think the little spanish words would be better as more complete phrases. As I feel with America (which is vastly worse). Like when he says "you understand, mi hermano" why not just "comprendes, mi hermano" (I probably didn't conjugate that properly).

Sure, you may have to google a word or two if you're really anal but in all honesty contextual clues almost always negate that need. And it would seem a bit more natural.

People generally utter phrases when they do that.

Wait what? Batman beat Bane at the end of the "I am Bane" arc.

Why is Bane still in Gotham, calling it his city?

King's terribly written story is best left ignored.

Dixon is ignoring most of it, thankfully.

Preview looks good, I might pick this one up

I preferred Nolan having catwoman shoot him in the fucking chest over King's solutions for the Bane problem. He had catwoman whip him and batman headbutt him after getting his ass kicked for two issues.

How did nobody read the script and say "Tom, why the fuck did you think this was a good ending? Rewrite that garbage, the rest of the story is interesting enough, don't shit on it just because you hate brute characters and for some reason forgot batman is a detective."

I thought Batman fucked up Bane in the last storyline.

So uhhhh he cares about Gotham now?

Can't wait for 12 issues that could be resolved in 5 or 6

He staked a claim on it.
Dixon's never done decompressed before.

Are we sure this is after that? Not being a dick serious question? Have they addressed the timeline?

This could lead to him meeting Pirate and getting off the Venom which would lead into I Am Gotham/Monsters/I Am Suicide.

Yeah, this is about Bane trying to create a global criminal empire.

Based Dixon is ignoring King's weird manbaby Bane and going back to the complicated, vicious, militant Bane.

The only complaint I have thus far is how did Bane get that much fancy gear, and that the nose hole mask sucks.

Pretty dope idea, and they confirmed it was Rebirth timeline. You think they have him "team up" with Bats? Not like "we're friends now even though you stole from me, forced me back into relapse, and beat me with a headbutt" but if both thinks they own gotham and a bigger bad wants it, I can imagine both fighting that man like a savage. Solicits I was just looking at have him and Bats both taking notice of the bigger bad (who I'm assuming ordered the weapons spoken about in the preview above) so could be cool to see a three-way fight.

This seems very familiar.

Ever seen Oz?

I fucking hate that new mask

Rebirth is truly the 90s reloaded.

But Johns is saving comics by bringing in famous creators like Jurgens, Abnett, Cucka and Dixon, and not the shit writers we had before based rebirth. We'll have Waid soon.

Hate the tom hardy version so damn much