Does Sup Forums member Clone Wars?

Does Sup Forums member Clone Wars?

I'm still mad it's not canon

Other urls found in this thread:

hellogiggles.com/star-wars-forces-of-destiny/
youtube.com/watch?v=oNZove4OTtI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't worry, user.

I plan on becoming a successful author and then working my way to write a Star Wars book that will be a book about Ventress and the soul purpose of the book will be to plant easter eggs throughout that make Clone Wars canon.

It was baaaaad

it's great and doesn't falter at all from canon on any levels

May the force be with you user

I was thinking about the Anakin/Ventress fight for some reason today. That shit was so cash.

If anything the second part was a great follow into episode 3 so I'm still mad that's now considered non canon

I enjoyed it more than the new clone wars

It did Grievous right.

It's great but a bit cheesy in spots

Also I don't see why Genndy fans call CW "dark" and "mature" while calling TCW "kiddy". Even though if you actually watched TCW post-season 1, you'd see it's really the other way around; TCW is the mature one and Genndy Wars is really the more "childish" one. In Genndy wars, the action is over-the-top campy, the characters are done in Hanna-Barbera style, and the music sounds like it was done on a Casio keyboard.

Remember when clones were actually bad asses and not useless bullet sponges with a few good men? I remember!

Wouldn't it be great if Genndy animated another Star Wars show?
Maybe something like the Shadows of the empire story arc?

While I thought the new CW wasn't bad, I hated how Grievous was portrayed. Pretty much nothing but "Arrgh! Curses! I'm foiled again!" meanwhile the other Grievous would make even the most experienced out there shit themselves just from hearing his name. He could even take on 4-5 jedi at once and hardly break a sweat doing it.

It was sort of mediocre, flashy and fun but with little substance even for Star Wars.

Maybe because the new CW is actually canon and had to stick to the movie's real characterization instead of just making up whatever shit they wanted, because that's how real writers work. The true grievous is bad, face it.

I know that it's not part of the 'official' canon, but isn't there only like one tiny inconsistency that means it doesn't fit? There's isn't anything that I can think of that would stop TCW from happening between the first and second seasons of Gendy Wars.

The point of showing him in the cartoon was to point out how badass he was until be Mace showed up
The cartoon ended right when the third movie started and people who watched both the cartoon and movie would understand why he was a jobber.

Writers for the new show mostly didn't watch the cartoon and always thought he was a jobber from the start

Godspeed, user.

I'd like to see him animate an episode of the new show coming out, Forces of Destiny.

>Writers for the new show mostly didn't watch the cartoon and always thought he was a jobber from the start
Err actually that's not true. According to Genndy and co, Mace crushing his chest was only meant to indicate why he coughed, NOT why he was a jobber.

The crush being the reason he's a jobber is a purely fandom explanation.

it was alright

>googles forces of destiny
>find this
What did the star wars franchise mean by this?

i've found that taking both this and the 2008 show as canon greatly enhances both
AotC-->2003 season 1-->2008-->2003 season 2-->RotS

the 2003 show bridges the gap between the movies and the 2008 show

If you mean mediocre "storywise" then sure. It was an excuse for some awesome animation.

Wait, what the fuck. All I saw was the trailer for the miniseries, what the hell did they mean by this.

Yeah I agree

tteehee your saga's ours now silly boys Disney is taking it for us

hellogiggles.com/star-wars-forces-of-destiny/
I don't know but they're shitty as fuck and I'm starting to think this is an excuse to sell toys

umm sorry honey but star wars is for us girls now :P

It's good, but not as good as the 2008 series.

You take that back

Yes and it was the shit. Best SW cartoon. I haven't actually seen the others.

Godspeed, user. Hope you make it. I have similar aspirations, honestly.

Disney selling toys?
UNHEARD OF.

Why the fuck is everyone throwing a little bitchfit?
It's for little girls big whoop.
No one gives a shit when they release a tinker bell movie so what the fuck who cares?

>I'm still mad it's not canon
I'm glad since it's not tainted by the Disney era trash.

Genndy is all style no substance.

I totally understand that and I actually kind of enjoy dc superhero girls but these dolls are shit

Clone Wars is alright. Second season is mostly worse than the first but as whole I think they suffer from a lack of tension in a lot of the action.

youtube.com/watch?v=oNZove4OTtI

I'd just love to see Shadows of the Empire come back at all, Genndy doing it would be awesome though.

No because I wasn't born yet

But now I'm old enough to drive

>you're old....

It's not officially canon but it doesn't really matter if you enjoy it, it can be in your own canon it's not like Disney actually matters or has a nice continuity now.

The show doesn't really contradict anything, in fact it sets up the characters we see in the "canon" clone wars show, sure Grivious doesn't act as bad ass but whatever, it also is the only story besides the other noncanon book that tells the events of what happened directly before EpIII.

I wouldn't have minded Grievous being a jobber if they had never shown his battles in Genndy's show. Now I'm salty for eternity because the non-canon Grievous is my favorite part of the prequels.

>it also is the only story besides the other noncanon book that tells the events of what happened directly before EpIII.
That book and Genndy Wars caused a bit of a clusterfuck back in the day. In the book, Anakin and Obi-Wan searched for Count Dooku on the planet Tythe. But in the show they searched for Grievous on Nelvaan.

The Battle of Coruscant is also bretty different, such as the number of Jedi protecting the Chancellor. Also, in the book, Shaak Ti and co got Palpatine to a private train that led to his bunker, largely bypassing the dangerous war-stricken parts of town. But in the show, they jump around the city fighting MagnaGuards while carrying the Chancellor out in the open, which while more fun to watch for the viewers, is less logically sound than LoE's route considering it puts Palpatine in much more danger.

Of course, this doesn't matter now that neither the show nor the book are canon, but back when they were this raised a huge shitstorm on boards.theforce.net.

>I'm still mad it's not canon
Disney making a new canon doesn't mean Legends doesn't exist. You can still watch and enjoy it, some people even see parts of Legends as still canon.

you are a collosal faggot, like a huge.. giant faggot.

No, you're a colossal faggot for not seeing TCW is far and above Genndy wars

>I have similar aspirations

You know what you said

Instead of breaking into an established franchise and tryna fix shit, I guess my course would be making my own where I try (and largely fail) to avoid the mistakes I see in previous works

>caring about what's canon or not in Star Wars
why do you do this to yourself?

this who actually fucking cares it doesn't affect shit but your crappy fan theories

But that's exactly how they are in 2003 Clone Wars. The rank and file are even more of cannon fodder than in TCW, but the ARC troopers and officers are true badasses.

What bothers me about it being non canon is that "volume" 2 leads so perfectly into episode 3 with the siege of Coruscant, plus the muunilist 10 and the troopers in general felt more badass, not to mention Durge is on of the craziest characters ever. I remember being like 7 or 8 watching this and the shit was cash

the only SW-related piece of entertainment worth paying any attention to

Jedi Academy games were decent too

I don't know how it could be canon though, it was too over the top

kotor