What is the best comic book movie ever and why is it Logan

What is the best comic book movie ever and why is it Logan

"Logan" was certainly one of the best.

Close.

Winter Soldier

Logan is overrated garbage that's just another generic superhero movie only with more blood and swearing whereas WS took actual chances by being a political thriller

What collection(s) do I need to read the arch that film was based on?

Thats not how you spell Oscar winning movie.

Batman & Robin to be honest

It's not time for the 2017 Oscars yet, fuck face. Wait until next February when Logan gets nominated for Best Picture and you fucks cry foul of the Oscars being biased for Marvel.

Although it doesn't follow the story at all it took heavy inspiration from old man logan

JUST LIKE DEADPOOL AMIRITE user? THAT MOVIE WAS TOTALLY GONNA GET NOMINATED AND WIN AN OSCAR. MUH GLORIOUS RATED R MARVEL MOVIE. Youre as bad as the buttmad liberals who cant get over Trump won and is the best president ever. Cry more.

this

once the 2017 oscars are done Marvel will have AT LEAST 3 oscars compared to your pathetic one for a worthless category

They absolutely took chances with the death of wolverine and Xavier not to mention all of the deaths of innocent lives, WS took no actual chances one was just slightly darker than any of the other mcu movies and had no real emotion unlike Logan

Not that user nor do I think either movie is better than the other, but I think those 2 major deaths were just as risky as the whole "Hydra is SHIELD" thing. Especially since we knew Jackman was ready to be done with the character.

>WS took actual chances
What chances ?
It had a darker tone than the first one but it didn't "take any chances". It's a good movie but don't act like it's anything groundbreaking for Marvel.
Logan was the movie that genuinely took risky chances with it's tone. it's near complete detachment from the previous films and the deaths of Xavier and Logan. Logan is barely a superhero movie, it's a neo-western/roadtrip drama that happens to star a superhero.
>by being a political thriller
Your standards for what constitutes a "political thriller" are so low i doubt you have ever seen an actual political thriller.

>generic
Tell me one other comic book movie that is in any way like Logan

Theyre all like Logan. This movie is a dime a dozen. Try harder.

I personally liked Dredd. I wouldn't mind a sequel that combined the America and Judge Cal plotlines. I heard they're trying to port it over to a TV show.

No specifics because you cant give an actual argument that its generic

Road to Perdition
Ghost World
American Splendor
Art School Confidential
The Mask
Men in Black
30 Days of Night

Agents of Shield revealed the whole "HYDRA IS SHIELD" thing before winter soldier came out. Loved both movies, and they were both breaths of fresh air in the superhero genre. Too bad the MCU will never do anything like WS ever again.

logan the movie is nothing like old man logan, aside from there being no more x-men and wolverine being older.

literally nothing. this shit's barely a comic book movie. At least balebats wore his costume. this movie is about a non-heroic suicidal, yet murderous addict who has barely any resemblance to wolverine other than he has claws and heals.

Hugh fell WAYYYYYY too in love with his version of the character. It was a send of to James Howlett, not to Wolverine. We haven't seen wolverine in a movie since like 2003.

I can't believe the faggot took a pay cut to be able to say "fuck" entirely too many times and to show two little titties as if anyone cared too see titties in wolverine movie. I'd have respected him if he took a pay cut to wear yellow. even if it was kraft cheese yellow and brown instead of canary and cyan.

The fucking faggot milked this franchise and character for almost 2 decades, bringing it to a point we can't recast and get someone good to play him. And a meanwhile showed ZERO fucking respect for it. But since he's a fucking sweetheart and a damn good actor people don't care.

Watchmen.

lol Fox would have at least 3. Not marvel.

You faggot ass marvel movie fans can't rip them apart with the "give back the rights" shit and also combine the two (or three but sony sucks) to compete with DC.

i found Logan had a huge pacing problem and very little direction till like midway through the movie.

Funny I thought that's where it really fell apart. It spent the first half saying fuck and having a little girl sever limbs from grown men as if she has the strength to do so or adamantium is actually a lightsaber.

then the second half it gets even more stupid when you find out the children of the corn could have handled this shit if they sacked up.

I can enjoy WS for what it is as a generic superhero movie.
But better than Logan?

Did you really need to bump this stupid circlejerk of a thread?

because it felt the most human despite being based on characters who aren't.

the dark knight was good but focused too much on ideas and not characters. that's why I liked Logan more.

>MCU movie
>not a generic super hero movie

WS is the the best Marvel movie but c'mon brah

>What is the best comic book movie ever

History of Violence
Road to Perdition

I want a film about their domestic life.

>Hugh fell WAYYYYYY too in love with his version of the character. It was a send of to James Howlett, not to Wolverine. We haven't seen wolverine in a movie since like 2003.

Fucking this. I was willing to give Fox's muddled version of the character one more chance after The Wolverine, but everyone involved made it painfully clear they weren't interested in presenting any of the nuance the character has in the comics.

Logan, for all of it's overblown attempts at tugging at the heartstrings is ultimately no different. All the throwbacks and homages to westerns shows where the crew's loyalty lies, and it certainly isn't the source material. Anyone who's ever picked up a Wolverine comic can tell you he's not a suicidal cowboy, but a hard-boiled noir-ish private detective with claws. The fundamental lack of understanding of his mindset and mannerisms is so egregious it's appalling they'd go as far to re-release the movie in black and white.

The movie may be depressing as humanly possible, but that's just a smokescreen to cover up the fact no one involved has any passion or understanding for the characters. No one involved in the films ever has, and they probably never will.

Yeah probably. This is one of the few superhero movies I'd be completely fine showing to an older crowd rather than just my usual friends. I could show this to mom and she'd like it.

WHY COULDN'T HE HAVE LIVED, user?

WHY?

Did it break deadpool's record?

Raimi's first two Spider Man movies were the best. Way ahead of their time.

>i...it doesnt count!

Please give me your delicious tears.

>muh domestic cute SoL
Shut the fuck up.

>st...stahp PLEASE

someone's triggered

No, deadpool has over 150 million over it

You said "comic book" instead of "super hero," so the winner is American Splendor.

same thing
without superheroes comics wouldn't even exist

I'd still give it to Dark Knight. Logan had a lot of problems, though it was still much better than most other superhero movies. It tried and mostly succeeded at being more than just samey mindless entertainment like its contemporaries.

Here's the big chance it took!

That's something that's always pissed me off a bit, people really think WS is comparable to something like Three Days of the Condor or The Parallax View.

I feel like the only one who thought Logan was great but overrated. It wasn't THAT good, jesus christ.

That's not Kingsmen

That's not The Crow

Suicide Squad

Are the Suicide Squad comics terrible? Because the only way that movie is a good comic book movie is if it is intentionally terrible to match the quality of the source material.

>by being a political thriller

It's depressing that people actually believe this nonsense

>Are the Suicide Squad comics terrible?

Like all big 2 comics it depends on the run

Speaking of the mutant kids. If they were being groomed to be soldiers and weapons why was the black kid fat?

I'll give it to either The Dark Knight or Winter Soldier. Logan was just needlessly bleak and mean-spirited to Logan and Xavier in particular. If I want to see a decrepit version of a character I love slowly die over a few hours, I'll just play Metal Gear Solid 4 again.

I can't think of any scene or good reason of why to call Logan the best cape movies have to offer.

Logan in the comics carried the guilt of killing his family and potentially dooming the entire planet to the villains control. I thought that was the most important part of OLM and that is missing in movie Logan. plus I'm not fond of the way the plot handicapped Logan.

age finally catching up to him? yes
adamantium bullet? I don't buy it.

and finally, I don't understand what's the chemistry between Laura and Logan. the latter doesn't really think of Laura as his daughter. I'd rather have them cut Charles from the movie or kill him early and use that free screentime to develop annd cement the snikt's relationship.

and Laura quoting another movie at Logan's funeral was really cheap. but then again she really had nothing to say.

>implying WW will not get a nomination because of muh strong female hero.

I like how you think...but both of em are garbage. overrated garbage. adamantium bullet??? please dwag. Seriously people if you really belive this is a western you are stupid retarded autistic idiots.
Political thriller... dont be pathetic,

>>>trash

>Wait until next February when Logan gets nominated for Best Picture
yeah better wait forever imbecile

>little girl needs old man to take her somewhere
>in the middle of the journey, the old man passes out
>little girl drives them to where she wanted to be

when you get older you'll see grandpa start slipping

Fuck you, this one is better

The Dark Knight is meant to be a part of the Batman trilogy.
The Marvel movies are all linked by past movie canon and those endcredit spoilers.
Fox broke the film chronology to link their X-movies in one long Mobius thread.
The first Burton Batman was intended to stand alone, but it's actually not that great.

The problem is that comic movies aren't meant as independent works, it's like asking what sequel makes the best stand-alone movie.
I guess that fits what with the source material being continuous streams of narrative stretching back decades, but you can see the problem.
Yes, Winter Soldier is better than First Avenger, but it needs that established backstory.
The Avengers is a great popcorn superhero movie on it's own, but it ends with Thanos revealed to be an unresolved plot thread.
The Superman movies all suck.
etc... etc...
And for X's sake, Logan is all about superhero failure.
That's the opposite of "superhero".

So I'm just going to have to say Watchmen.

No. No! How deep is the well of Batman smacking Robin?

You seem mad.

As much as i like Josh Hartnett 30 days of night was not very good. Ghost world i did like a lot. Still not as good as Batman Returns tho.

Logan looked like hell warmed over in that.

Sit on a broom handle.

We all go a little mad sometimes.

- Anthony Perkins, Psycho

>whereas WS took actual chances by being a political thriller

Logan took chances by having a 9 year old stabbing mother fuckers in the head...with her feet.

TMNT (1990 of course) and Batman from Ti Burton were pretty neat, I'd put them near the top at least.

I think Karl Urban was trying to get Netflix to fund it?

That´s not La gran aventura de Mortadelo y Filemón

Logans strengths are mostly in its preformances and it is literally the perfect send off for a character we all grew up with and unlike most capeflicks this had genuine emotion, turning the cross over to an X signifying the last stand of the xmen hits me in hethe feels every time

anyone else bothered when she turned the cross to look like an X at the end? literally the only time he mentioned x-men to her was to say it was bullshit and the stoies werent true.

The main I choose Logan over DKR is because i never really cared or connected to bruce wayne hes just kind of a dick for no reason

She did grow up reading them and charles also told her about them

I think its because of the title and the overall lack of advertising

"Spider-Man 2" is a legit masterpiece with - as I have pointed out in - the single best superhero set-piece ever put to film.

If it weren't for "Logan", "Spider-Man 2" would be the best non-MCU superhero film ever.

/thread

One of the best movies I've seen this year and my favorite X-Men movie.

WS
>We've killed Nick Fury!
>No we haven't
>We've killed Captain America
>No we haven't!
>SHIELD has always been controlled by HYDRA
>We literally pulled this out of our ass for this movie

Logan
>Xavier dies and it's not clear if he know Logan didn't do it
>The X-Men have long been dead at Xavier hands accidentaly
>Logan dies

I watched this with my dad and he was really into it. Same thing happened when he started seeing Samurai Jack season 5 together despite him knowing only the basics of the character.

>What is the best comic book movie ever and why is it Logan
Too boring and predictible to be consider the best. Its ok at best

So does that mean every MCU movie was dogshit

No because some of the MCU nocies aren't boring. GOG 2 for example

It's possible his powers relied on him being a fatty.

Wrong

It's because it's a good movie. It just happens to feature comic book characters in a comic book universe, and their backstories and status in popular culture only strengthens the film.

That's not The Crow

Logan is pretty great though

>without superheroes comics wouldn't even exist
hahaha, what a fucking pleb

Did anyone feel as though the movie went really downhill following the black family scene? I really didn't like the girl in a speaking role and disliked the kids.

Xavier was the best part of the movie, for me. That first half was legitimately Kino.

>Xavier was the best part of the movie, for me. That first half was legitimately Kino.
Agreed. I liked the second half a lot, but Stewart did some of the best acting he ever did. He does old man so fucking well. Just watch ST TNG The Inner Light.