What would CN be like today if this incident never occurred?

What would CN be like today if this incident never occurred?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_Mooninite_panic
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>"Kids network has ties with ISIS? More at 11."

>TimeWarner stock falls to literally nothing

>Because of a fast food cartoon

I wonder if AT would ever be greenlit if this never happened.

No better, no worse.

>tfw wicked triggahed

Alright somebody spoonfeed me, what happened.

No different at all.

CN fans like to be simple and point to the 2007 Boston scare, with Jim Samples resigning and Stuart Snyder taking over, as the point where CN "died". But they're forgetting by 2005-2006ish, CN had *already* retired the Cartoon Cartoons like Johnny Bravo and PPG, and a slew of blah and mediocre shows like Squirrel Boy, My gym partner's a Monkey, and Camp lazlo had *already* replaced the more interesting ones.

Out of Jimmy's Head already aired by that point so I don't think the transition to live action would've been affected.

Technically the movie pilot Re-animated had already aired. But the actual show Out of Jimmy's head was still months away.

It's debated over whether Re-animated caused more damage to CN, or if Out of Jimmy's head caused more damage to CN. Because while movies come and go and are more like window dressing to CN, shows tend to have a bigger impact on CN's schedule.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_Mooninite_panic

Definitely thought they aired around the same time. Interesting as fuck. It was weird that the love interest swapped between asian and black.

Also, I really enjoyed Unnatural History. Everything else was trash but I enjoyed that show.

Samurai Jack would have ended sooner

As i've said before, CN wouldn't have really changed. They had already killed the Cartoon Cartoons and replaced them with mediocre shows like Camp Lazlo

>Interesting as fuck. It was weird that the love interest swapped between asian and black.

You just know it was some random executive in a board room saying she should be black and that was it. Not even saying her being black was a bad thing, but that's how most random assed decisions where you sit back and wonder why are made in television and movies.

it wouldn't have gotten live action

I had that sign printed and taped to the rear window of my car throughout high school.

Actually they were already moving into that direction when Samples was fired. In November 2005, Cartoon Network began airing live-action films, including Batman, The Goonies, Small Soldiers, Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, Dumb and Dumber, Jumanji, and Snow Day, the latter of which was the first time a Nickelodeon logo was seen on Cartoon Network (blasphemy).

In December 2006, Cartoon Network presented its first original live-action movie, Re-Animated. All of this happened when Samples was still there.

>CN had *already* retired the Cartoon Cartoons like Johnny Bravo and PPG, and a slew of blah and mediocre shows like Squirrel Boy, My gym partner's a Monkey, and Camp lazlo had *already* replaced the more interesting ones

But they needed to be retired, most of those were already running since the 90s and the creators probably weren't going to work with them much longer. Craig himself said that he was tired of writing the PPG during season 6 and felt like he did everything he could with them. And I much rather have that slew of mediocre then have one godawful show reign supreme like it is now and was back in the late 2000's with Johnny Test.

True but I wish Johnny Bravo lasted just one more season. I would've loved to see parodies like "Johnny Bravo meets Megan Fox" or "Johnny Bravo Meets Hawthorne Heights", had the series continued and made fresh ideas based off the recent pop culture at the time.

Overall I feel like Johnny-B never had a proper ending, unless you count Bollywood but unfortunately it didn't air in the U.S.

>CN reps try to advertise shit show by putting LED character things around some American city
>people think their bombs
>hilarity ensues
>CN top dog resigns
>gets replaced by retard mcdickface
>RIP CN

Cartoon Network honestly needs to die at this point. They fuck over good shows with their awful timeslots, and it's been this way for years (look at Symbionic Titan). AT, Regular Show, and Gumball getting over the ground was a fucking miracle because for some reason CN decided not to give them the timeslot 'o death.
Why the hell do they do that anyways? What's the point of filling up 8 hours a day with Teen Titans Go instead of rerunning all the old shit they have lying around.

I fucking hated Menino glad he's dead

TTG sells to 3 year olds whose parents let them be raised by the TV. Apparently the nimrod children outnumber those with taste.

Hell, with how popular Steven Universe is with anyone who watches cartoons nowadays I'm surprised even it gets shafted by CN. It's the only show they have right now that broadly appeals, and yet it almost feels like they're actively trying to get rid of it.

Steven Universe is only popular with people that don't buy any kind of merch, even when it's there.

Most cable TV is pointless at this point. Netflix is the way of the future.

CN should do a celebration for their 25th anniversary this year and then bow out.