Reading Dirk Gently comic for first time

>reading Dirk Gently comic for first time
>Seems pretty good
>Dirk must go to "darkest africa" and dresses like a fool
>Approaches a "Save The Rhinos" type
>this conversation happens

D R O P P E D

and it was pretty okay too. When when leftshits learn Sup Forums that we just want stories, not to be preached to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QC1YDL9VDIA
youtube.com/watch?v=A0C4_88ub_M
youtube.com/watch?v=ot0cPU9MIOQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't see the issue here

It's A Spoon Too Short

>D R O P P E D
Like it was on fire!

Is Todd in it? Is Farah? Those two were cute in the new iteration of the series.

user. There is a good reason why the arabs, the copts and any non subsaharan people killed and ravaged subsaharan nations and tribes. Africans are HUGE faggots.

Read the original book, I'm sure it will be Tory-friendly.

So they took Space Dandy almost exactly as is and gave him puffy hair. And that's legal?

Usually you don't see such a direct fucking connection. This is literally Earth Dandy.

I'm not sure. This was my first comic. I only made it into a few pages of chapter two until this happened and I closed the book. I blame landis.

Thanks, I think I might. I don't normally like old books but I enjoyed hitchiker's guide.

Truth. I've seen some shit on Sup Forums

It's about time a comic had a character put whitey in his place, fucking crackers thinking they can just use and wear things made by original people, us Afrikans, when in reality they should be grovelling on the floor.

Yeah that sounds about right actually

Dirk has the right to wear whatever he wants, which is why he can tell that guy to fuck off then turn 360 degrees and moonwalk out of there

But it's also taking the traditional dress of a culture which he does not belong to or understand, which is why that guy is mad. Casually assuming the trappings of another culture without understanding what those trappings mean in that culture is disrespectful to that culture, like when dumb metalheads in USA wear those Mjolnir pendants. You're treating something that is important to millions of other people as a meaningless object useful only for what it can add to your outfit. It's not the end of the world, but it does contribute to the slow process of cultural erosion and devaluation of heritage, so yeah it upsets some people. Ultimately you are free to make your own choices, however.

More developed countries divvied up and exploited Africa for a long time and left insufficient infrastructure in place when they withdrew. This is the general reason why Africa is still p fucked up. I mean look at your country; are there not a significant percentage of assholes who obstruct improvements to your country? Conservatives/Liberals? So your country already has it's government, education, utilities, etc. established in ways some African countries do not, and yet change is still difficult. Imagine how much harder it is without all of that.

The character is still Dirk. Just because he has puffy black hair, a chisel-ish jaw and a face doesn't meaning he's plagiarizing every puffy haired, chiseled jawed, face-having entity ever.

It's almost like all human and human representations have a definite physical archetype. The characters themselves are nothing alike.

No one said that, you're a faggot

>and left insufficient infrastructure in place when they withdrew.

youtube.com/watch?v=QC1YDL9VDIA

Because it is meaningless, save in specific ways to his culture and for convenience.

All culture is essentially worthless. Just because it means something to YOU doesn't mean you get to chimp out when someone doesn't care about your interpretation of a rag worn over the head.

Do you mean Africans or Afrikaaners? And the people who say things like that and mean it are one in a million or teenagers on the internet.
>prove me wrong
>you can't

>Cultural appropriation
Doesn't this logic mean that ALL sub-Saharan Africans need to immediately burn all t-shirts and jeans they may have because those are not from their culture?

That's Dandy, baby

Whites left a fully-functional state, even. More than once, actually, if you consider civilized, pre-muzzo North Africa. Arabs didn't do this, certainly.

Just because the locals are too stupid and short-sighted to use what was left doesn't make it whitey's fault.

I don't need to prove shit to some milk-color fucking defect that was never made to live on this planet, you can't even go out in the sun without dying

>You're treating something that is important to millions of other people as a meaningless object useful only for what it can add to your outfit. It's not the end of the world, but it does contribute to the slow process of cultural erosion and devaluation of heritage, so yeah it upsets some people. Ultimately you are free to make your own choices, however.

It's like you didn't even read the post you were replying to.

Whites left almost everything, because by and large they were violently forced out (and more power to the locals, might is right).

Then they proceeded to Zimbabwe on themselves, and now they blame whites?

>implying there is a logic to it
There isn't it. It's the sheeps clothing of the wolf of "fuck whitey, fuck borders, fuck laws. Be a good goyim and stay out of israel/the chosen people."

White "culture" doesn't have any meaning and so can't be appropriated, milky

I did, I'm asserting it IS a meaningless object and their feelings don't matter.

>might is right
W e w. September 23rd.

'Might is right' is the world you live in, whether you like it or not. All order is kept ultimately by the threat of violence, and everything else is stage dressing to assuage our hurt feelings over that fact.

I dunno I think it's pretty funny, that there's an actual joke of him being Lawrence of ARABIA in Africa helps

>" it IS a meaningless object and their feelings don't matter."

>It's not the end of the world, but it does contribute to the slow process of cultural erosion and devaluation of heritage, so yeah it upsets some people. Ultimately you are free to make your own choices, however.

You might as well watch the whole thing instead of only the last few minutes.
>that part where the interpreter covers up how lazy his countrymen are working by telling them to work harder
>his chinese boss catches him doing it
The whole thing is fucking hilarious.

>'Might is right' is the world you live in, whether you like it or not.

Yes. Because satan is the current god of this world. It's a lie though. right is right. Remember this post in for the next 7 years following september 23rd, assuming you live that long.

Forgot, here's the whole thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=A0C4_88ub_M

Have you read many books about Africa or do you just watch youtube videos

Are you saying video is not a worthwhile means of conveying information? That's retarded, user. Makes me think you don't actually have a way to refute the content so you gotta attack the source unrighteously.

Please, keep your fairy tales to yourself. People like you have been asserting that the world is on the cusp of ending for 2000 years.

Muslim North Africa and Iberian Pensula were pretty advanced during the Middle Ages????

Mostly by stealing the advanced things that were already there, which they proceeded to slowly and surely ruin and degrade.

So, what's the crazy bullshit that specifies the end of the world this time? We get a new one every few years.

Alright, I'm not familiar with the original books but decided to give the series a go, and it's the opposite of holistic. Everything is explained and Dirk is a low level reality manipulator which will always get drawn to the right place. This is ABSOLUTELY NOT a holistic approach to anything. Is Max Landis actually retarded?

The best Dirk Gently was the 2012 BBC television series.

Of course not! In many ways youtube is a superior means of communication. But historians and scholars typically do not spend years performing exhaustive research to compile their results in a youtube video. For all the information that's on Youtube, there is still plenty that is not on Youtube. For all the information in books, there is plenty that is not in books. I'm just saying maybe pick up a Jared Diamond book before you start using Youtube to back up your incomplete ideas about history, because people who went to good highschools (public school for me no less) and use their local library to do more than jack off in the aisle will be able to immediately see problems in your argument that you are not aware of.

What if it were a non-white that wore those robes? Like a latino or an asian? What then?

The revelation 12 sign will appear in the sky over jerusalem on September 23rd, the feast of trumpets. youtube.com/watch?v=ot0cPU9MIOQ

There's a Dirk Gently comic? Fuck yeah!

Also, OP, before you drop it, you have to read the next couple of pages and see if it's treated like the SJW has a point and is right, or if he gets treated like the dumb nigger that he is.
If it's the first, yeah drop it like it's hot garbage, but if it's the second not only you should keep reading, you should buy it to show support.

Take a look at african politics.

>But historians and scholars typically do not spend years performing exhaustive research to compile their results in a youtube video
I suppose all those BBC documentaries on YouTube must be all staged, then.

>But historians and scholars typically do not spend years performing exhaustive research to compile their results in a youtube video.
Bullshit. There are full harvard lectures on youtube. And videos of symposiums and lectures between scholars etc.

Video is a worthwile medium for conveying information, but if you had ever picked up any book without pictures of people in spandex inside it you'd know how much research and data is needed for any non-fiction book to be considered passable, the kind of information video isn't suited to pass. I've learnt a great deal of very useful shit on youtube, but you can't compare even a full lenght documentary to a well written book, let alone a 20 minute video.
This meme that academics are "out of touch" and youtube personalities are where it's what comes mostly from people who were never good with academic research in the first place, whether you agree with it or not.
Also, there are a lot of reasons why Africa is still the shithole it is, and one of them is how the West always finds a way to destabilize any rising power which might impose a threat to western access to american natural resources. See: Thomas Sankara and Burkina Faso, which went from absolute cesspit to self-sustaining nation in less than 4 years until the Ivory Coast and French governments pulled a coup instating a dictatorship which lasted for 20 fucking years there.

>black guy calling a white guy puffy because of his curly hair

wut

>read the next couple of pages and see if it's treated like the SJW has a point and is right, or if he gets treated like the dumb nigger that he is.
>If it's the first, yeah drop it like it's hot garbage, but if it's the second not only

Dirk took it off. He did ridicule him about having no theories and being a "bully fashion/cultural appropriation nazi" and got kicked by the black girl and was cowed. Not enough of a takedown for me. Seems like just SJW-lite, meant to acclimate new readers to the social justice warrior bend, which is still to hamfisted for me to enjoy the rest of the book if I'm to expect more of it.

If he had not taken it off or insulted the guy like an adult rather than like a kid saying "big meany" I'd have been okay imo because these people do exist.

You suck.

"They don't typically" is not the same as "no one does ever." I'm merely drawing a contrast between the concentration of researched information on Youtube and in, say, a library.

This fucker brings up a good point tho. There are lectures and classes on youtube, yes. But the original user did not post a lecture or a class, and I would point out that books still have the ability to be more information-dense and reference-friendly than documentaries or classes. It says something that the bibliographies of even the most educated lectures are not composed solely of other lectures. Books have some things that you cannot (yet) find on youtube.

>"They don't typically" is not the same as "no one does ever."

But you were impying that the incidence of occurence was so low as to be negligible, kike.

I had been meaning to storytime the comics sometime.

I hear Salmon of Doubt fills in lot of stuff for the TV show.

I don't know about you, but I find far more up-to-date information on YouTube than in a library. Libraries I go to, to read philosophy or ancient history, which are harder to update, unlike other sciences.

Those are some hot spicy arguments my friend, thank you for the clear insight into the matter :^)

Do it.

The black guy's dialogue sounds more like an angry, self-righteous teenager than a grown man.

Does that outfit have some sort of religious meaning? If it doesn't and if it's unacceptable to share things that aren't any kind of sacred taboo, the other guy in the comic could argue that the black dude is appropriating European and American culture too (his clothing, his education, the language he speaks, being familiar with the concept of cultural appropriation) and he should revert back to the African way of doing things.

Nah, the fact that God is in charge and decides what is right is by definition is still Might is Right

That's wrong tho. I know why but I won't tell you because it's not right for you, specifically, to know.

Nope! I was using the difference in medium as an indicator of suitability for conveying information, which in a later post I elaborated on as being concerned partly with the density of information and use as reference material of the final product. I'm Catholic by the way and your reading comprehension skills could use some work.

No you weren't.

No it sounds like a white person talking
Seems like the only people who care for culture apporation are white people and 2nd/3rd generation kids

Dude, he insults a brown person. You can't do that in SJW comics without being a villain. That means you shouldn't drop it, AND you're a faggot. Couple pages later it also mentions failed govenments in Africa, islamic terrorists, and stereotypes about asians. If a SJW read any of that the writer would be called literally Hitler and hounded on social media. You, OP, are a massive cocksucking ball fondling faggot.

Righto. Should I post Interconnectedness of All Kings or A Spoon Too Short first?

Lectures, both online and irl, have bibliographies for a reason. An example: a friend of mine wanted to get into Agamben, but his background in philosophy is lackluster, so I suggested him some lectures by Agamben on youtube which I myself used when getting into his work. Those lectures ended confusing him even more, because he wasn't already into the philosophical tradition Agamben is drawing from.

I'm just so traumatized by marvel's shitty SJW agenda that I'm a little sensitive. Thanks for convincing me to pick it back up. I love this kind of fiction. Really enjoyed the tv show too.

This is honestly depressing. I love Douglas Adams' work and to be fair he was a pretty liberal guy, but why can no modern writers make a point without ham-fistedly shoehorning it in, in the most blatantly obvious and cringe-inducing fashion? Is subtlety dead? Is reasonably explaining your point of view the past and just screaming at people the future?

I have no idea. I've literally only read the first chapter of A spoon too short.

>ne of them is how the West always finds a way to destabilize any rising power which might impose a threat to western access to american natural resources

also the cold war fucked everyone

I'll do Spoon, since I much prefer it to Kings (and it requires less knowledge about the original books)

Seeing as how muslims have already destroyed hundreds of ancient historical sites and artifacts im pretty sure they dont give a fuck about their own heritage.
Please go back to tumblr and keep your communist bullshit there.

Cool. Look forward to reading along. Just started chapter 3 so I'll wait.

His point is these objects have no inherent worth. And hes right in a way.

Go back to Sup Forums roach.

Hahaha. I like that

I'm pretty sure they have T-shirts and jeans all around the world, partly because of massive colonization/globalization/tourism by European countries and America. Kind of different when you push your own shit on everyone else. Plus, the problem with cultural appropriation is not that it hurts people's feelings, it's that it propagates trappings of the culture being appropriated in a new context, one where the actual culture and the history of/reason for said trappings exists only as much as the appropriator understands them, which in the case of cultural appropriation is not at all/not enough.

Honestly this feels like an incomplete explanation, and I have to get to work. Have you tried googling phrases like "Why can't black people appropriate white culture" or "can white culture be appropriated" and then read a bunch of different viewpoints on both sides? Of course you'll get a bunch of "self-funded because no one but advertisers thought they were legitimate" bullshit SJW articles, and a bunch of "self-funded because no one but advertisers thought they were legitimate" articles on the other side, but I'm sure with a keen eye you avoid echo chambers like Sup Forums, reddit, tumblr, and find something with real value.

Thanks.

>cultural appropriation

I'm getting real sick of this term.

brehs

Why do leftists today say racial segregation is bad yet advocate against "cultural appropriation"?
Either people are free to comingle and should or cant and shouldnt.
Drop the fucking doublethink.