Mfw comic sales keep falling according to this:

>mfw comic sales keep falling according to this:
variety.com/2017/biz/news/marvel-exec-blames-diversity-women-comic-sales-slump-1202021440/
>mfw the cinematic universes are the only thing keeping them alive
>mfw people will burn out of them eventually and they will fall as well
>mfw Sup Forums keeps deluding itself with the illusion that the comic industry isn't dead.

Fuck off back to Sup Forums faggot, nobody cares

>he cares about american comics
>he doesn't read chinese, korean, nipponese, and european comics instead

indies are rising up and eating the large fields left forgotten by the big guys, everything has a silver lining and considering its easier now to self publish this will get worse as artist try their hands solo. marvel specifically deserves this.

Self-publishing is garbage. Look at the slop we get now with patreon and the like, how lazy people are about keeping to a schedule or maintaining quality or etc. It's not going to get better, that's what self-publishing is always going to be due to human nature. Smaller publishers and indies I agree with though, all it takes is someone like Image or Dark Horse to get their act together and reap the market share reward as Marvel and/or DC keeps bumbling.

Image already dominates the trade market which has been steadily increasing over thhe years

RIP DC

fuck off

How could this happen, seriously how could this actually happen?

How could what happen? Sales in comics have risen (albeit not by a massive amount regarding single issue sales) and the article just refers to "diverse" books failing.

turns out people weren't kidding when they said no one cares about comics

Damn it why is it all the things I like are slowly dying good movies, comics, global peace, the environment, fucking bees and even myself

They are hardly making any profit to either Marvel or DC, as both companies are being kept alive by selling off the movie rights to their characters (although the DCEU is pure shit).

trades in the bookstores are the present and future, fuck floppies and fuck the direct market

They do though, most of the money they spend is on talent which probably costs a few million at most. Comics are also priced to be nothing but profit. Even floundering books make them money because of the price per issue they charge.

put out shitty books with shitty stories, be surprised when people don't buy em

>giving casuals the attention they crave

Also last year the industry made over 1 billion dollars, most of that goes accredited to Marvel and DC. Then you also have trade paperback standbys which always sale and will always generate easy money. Comics as an industry isn't dying, the medium as a whole has a boom thanks to online presence and the films as mentioned in the OP and even if they fail they'll downsize if the market dictates they should.

Well you see the thing is nobody gives a shit about comics

>the cape movie fad dies out
>comic publishers keep publishing comics
>Sup Forums user commits suicide
The End.

I WILL NEVER BUY TRADES.

>no more capeshit movies and tv shows
>no more Sup Forums threads in Sup Forums
>the big 2 are finally consigned to the dustbin of history they belong in
I cannot fucking wait.

your loss

if you've got a popular character, killing off that character and replacing them is a bad decision.
doing that repeatedly with characters that have been featured in multiple billion dollar movies is a really bad decision

>DC and Marvel will have to beg the Manga industry to stay alive

I can't wait

They're objectively the best format though.

it's probably because capeshit recycles the same characters forever instead of telling stories that actually fucking end.

Never forget.

well, of course. It´s ok to have a gay wedding in ASM 1 just for having a gay wedding? I mean I dont care if people are gay or not, I dont hate em, just dont care. Diversity? Anna maria was a great character but as soon as peter regain his body he was almost like EW.. HARD NO. And she is so obviously in love with him that it is almost painful.
Back to the point diversity is ok but not for tyhe ingle reason of pushing the sjw agenda in faithful readerss

>he reads Chinese, Korean, European comics
>he claims to not be an autistic virgin

DC has stronger trade sales than Image

>Capeshit dies
>Noncapes take over the market
best timeline

Man, people fucking love Tintin dude. It's normie as fuck and normies have plenty of sex compared to Sup Forums browsers.

>tfw the present comic will be shoehorned into MCU-synergy instead the other way around