JSA Storytime: X-Force

Good evening owls,

nuff said

Other urls found in this thread:

harpers.org/archive/1941/08/who-goes-nazi/?single=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

also I'm kind of reinstalling windows so if I vanish for periods of time, please continue talking politely and shit

what was good this week? what's good this coming week? is Secret Empire still breaking the internet?

Roses are red
Violets are blue
OP is a faggot
______the game

Cap starts for real this week. Also Black Bolt and Kuder/Duggan Guardians

I think the button got delayed

Shade slipped a week, but nothing can compare to the weekly "look at everything at image slipping" comic release changes.

I think I only have Flintstones and Deathstroke to look forward to this week.

Wait, Lion Forge Catalyst Prime!

I am actually very interested to see if Catalyst Prime is any good

LOL

Someone storytimed MAC again yesterday. Is #3 out tomorrow or something?

I am fascinated by the degree of "this was instantly proclaimed an SoP classic"

Capt Atom too!

i got a bunch of image trades and realized i forgot what had happened in previous volumes for all of them....

it's the newest meme lol so bad comic to force storytime whenever possible

No America, but there is Champions and Hawkeye for the outrage farming. This place can't go 24 hours with an America wankfest*

*that book is still trash though

Hello, Storyteller.

Thanks to Tex, I saw one of the WW movie trailers for the first time today.

Someone please kill me.

>Last panel
>Supergirl: Being Super.jpg

>check Poptarts twitter account to see what the corporate response to the sandwich discussion is
>Johns follows them

not the least bit surprised tbqh

This is actually a good issue to not be paying attention to, because I think there is no dialogue until the end

>not being excited for Wonder KINO
What a faggot!

Hawkeye's actually good

America is OK and was always gonna be hated by Sup Forums regardless of quality

Secret Empire is still breaking the internet and now people are horribly offended that Marvel universe citizens behave like they always do and support Hydra. Which the usual candidates of course take as the narrative not painting Hydra as villains. Ignoring that rl fascist dictatorships also often enjoy the support of parts of the population.

>when the LSD hits

the trailer came on when I was watching something but I don't pay attention to commercials so I haven't seen it

Will forever be entertained by the fact Marvel had to legit confirm the status quo WOULD return.

JFC windows how long does it take to prep to install

Hawkgal is okay. America is objectively amateurish.

Hard to differentiate the shitty comic from the Sup Forums though.

i dont know if its a particular artist, or a new type of style but i HATE this art and ive seen it a lot lately

Hydra Cap and Secret Empire have shown that a good chunk of readers and non-readers are completely retarded.

this book is like 15 years old

speaking of that, I saw this shared on Twitter and it's still an excellent, astonishing read

harpers.org/archive/1941/08/who-goes-nazi/?single=1

I know literally nothing about the wide world of /ñ/ but that's the bitching that interests me, about America, the fight over authenticity

This is triggering my tripophobia make it go away

i would be so frustrated if i was spencer at that shit. like how are we arguing about event fatigue but not know how events work?

Are you for real senpai. This is from like before the Twin Towers collapsed. If you've seen it recently it's because Allred is gonna be doing a Young Animal book.

Grow the fuck up.

Kill yourself T B H

I don't mind it either. I don't agree with some of the choices (Jessica Jones is a great detective? I've read Alias, and she wasn't too great as one), but it isn't bad

Unrelated, I hope that the Flintstones storytime goes well, with minimal shitposting:
>There goes the neighborhood! After Fred’s birthday gift from Barney leads to outrage on their street, he is called to appear before the menacing neighborhood association. Can Fred reason with them? Or will the Flintstones be run out of Bedrock?

delete

though I didn't really like JLI to be honest

Hey, JLI is kind of an acquired taste! I could totally see how if someone was into JLI, and totally lacking in taste, they would be into Bendis' GotG.

>After Fred’s birthday gift from Barney leads to outrage on their street
but it's such a nice gift!

I saw when he tweeted about it and did quickly say "I didn't mean it was a GOOD homage", but of course all the shade got edited out of the CBR article

But I think he's actually right. Bendis has a few things he's read and he's a shameless imitator without being able to grasp why and how something worked

>From the August 1941 issue

i hate bringing it up but damn how old are you

CBR could have the best writing in comics but it looks like such a clickbait hellhole i would never know

I feel a bit bad for Spencer considering how fucking stupid a lot of the people who get in his face are. When did Cap fans become so cancerous?

lololol

not THAT old

movie

Not OP but I think probably everyone who wrote best about the Nazis wrote it in the 40s and 50s desu.

Also, has there ever been an Eisner pity nom quite like Cain/Mockingbird

doopse.cx

It's people who like the idea of Cap (presented by Disney) rather than actual 616 fans.

But it's still not hard to understand that he's the villain and will get deHydrated by the end of this without having to be told.

Fuckin' MCU. What a load of cancer it has turned out to be.

so how about I try and finish this issue before I tell windows to reinstall, yes?

well YEAH

fun to see pre-Sup Forums described in there

DCAU 2.0

I was pleasantly surprised to see Deathstroke in the new book noms

low chance of winning, but still

I LOVE YOU, user

I kind of half-hope that Flintstones gets a surprise pity nod for "limited series" how that they kicked off "We Stand on Guard" because it was from 2015. Flintstones wasn't a limited originally, but neither was Vision, and it was in the same category.

holyshit

that's all the doopfont on his body, there

we are so much /d/ here

I saw someone on neogaf ranting how Kobik being shattered obviously means that Hydra Cap won't be undone because Spencer killed off the only way to do it. Nevermind the subplot Hydra wanting to restore it.

People are not rational with this story in the slightest.

I have no idea what criteria the Eisners are judged on. That's not a particular shot at Mockingbird, I've felt it for at least 3-4 years.

It always seems like a weird mix of popular, popularly perceived as good, popularly perceived as hipster, etc. And often waaay behind the times.

>Poor little doughboi

I suspect it's like the Hugos in that nominations are so scattered and from such a small pool that a quiet campaign can get things on there and it's awfully random/arbitrary

>Spencer killed off the only way to do it
n00b to fucking life

lmao, I've said it before

Just have to hope in time that people realize it wasn't perfect and in many instances comics have told superior stories and that's ok.

The worst part is that the poster who said that is actually not a noob at all.

What stage comes after September?

>not THAT old
One of these days, Storyteller, you gotta give us a number.

Here, I'm 27, and you are...

the DCAU has given us a generation of people convinced that John Stewart is inherently interesting

I really don't understand the weathered comics people who are freaking out about this one with that degree of fervor, beyond just not liking it

People have started to turn on it for not delivering the Bucky and Stucky content they wanted.

older than that

Laura Allred's colors really make Edie pop, in this run

>John Stewart is inherently interesting

NO BAD CHARACTERS

but yeah

>the DCAU has given us a generation of people convinced that John Stewart is inherently interesting
even worse, a generation of people who think "stoic Marine" is the entirety of his personality!

Nice panel overlap here to make the otherwise confusing flow work

I believe JS could easily BE interesting, but no one's put any work into DOING it since Mosaic.

It feels like about as much of a crapshot as the Oscars anyway. I don't know how you even rank half of these against the other half: it sure as fuck isn't done critically.

/d/oop here is out of control!

>didn't give him Rita Repulsa-esque bra spikes
Honestly surprised that Allred missed the opportunity

the people unironically wanting the black panther movie to revolve around bucky are hilarious

Old enough to remember the Regan presidency, I believe she said during Captain Atom.

lolololol max landis got nominated?

Allred riffing on the eternally great M. C. Escher here

people were flipping their shiiiiit about it, too

I don't remember Reagan himself very well, I'll say that much

I remember Election 1988 quite well. That fucking tank.

There is an amusing amount of people who won't be happy until all of Marvel's properties revolve around Bucky.

We Hieronymous now.

>What stage comes after September?
Stage 4, also known as metastatic cancer

Mid-30s has always been my guess.

Ahhh, good catch

This issue is packed full of art homages

I could kinda get American Alien, I guess, whatever. But Green Valley is pure shit.

People have utterly lost their marbles over this story arc.

Funny enough, the JLU version was more boring than any John Stewart before, and probably killed off any chance of him ever becoming interesting in the comics again.

Deathstroke's preview made me chuckle

Slade picked up Joey's fiancee's phone with the pic of him and Isherwood making out, but he's still blind so Ikon gets to continue to live lol

>older than that
Okay, Grandma.

She was probably old enough to vote back then!

I want to shake them and tell them to STFU because THERE'S A METRIC LOAD OF FIC, GO READ THE FIC, there's no fic for what *I* like.

I love you all but I gotta install this update now because of how remote tech rigged it

I have no idea how long it will take, but I'll try to be back

It's amazing how a controversy gave a book like 2-3 nominations

We all know had people not freaked out about the retcon and the cover, Ms Marvel would be in its place

Why does that upset people

You know what sucks?

If Jason does appear in the DCEU, those fans will just migrate to him

But you know what sucks more?

Jason's comic fans are ALREADY like this

I don't think he's good, but there's some weird hate meme surrounding him. Might be based on his Sup Forums stuff but I haven't seen any of it.

Priest is too good for this world

Green Valley was shit, AA was mediocre, and Landis himself is a douche

Also his dad killed some people

All the movies should be about Bucky. And when Bucky isn't on screen, every character needs to be asking "Where's Bucky?"

user, a lot of the cancerous Bucky fans already are also Jason fans.

Yeah, but as far as the rest of the Internet is concerned people are angry over the feminism, and only that.
I didn't care about the book, but it was that last retcon that pissed me off, and the "unreliable narrator" excuse doesn't work for Marvel anymore because I genuinely don't think the WRITERS know enough about the history for me to trust that they're doing it wrong intentionally.

Wtf m8

I bet this is what Dali's nightmares look like

I still can't get over the fact that Bucky literally also got a time machine and courtesy of Spencer died on the way back to his homeplabet.

Oh hey, what do we think the big twist in Marvel Legacy is gonna be?