Toonami Ratings for 4/29/17

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release 2018.

Last week we started AoT S2 and it performed well under most people's expectations. This week it did even worse. To start, Jack satisfies yet again, and clocks in as the number one show on Saturday, not even excluding sports events. Then everything else goes down the shitter in its typical fashion, with AoT impressing by pulling even less viewers than last week. Super also pulled less than Kai. I hope you have all made peace with the block before Dr Demarco has to pull the plug.

11:00 Samurai Jack 1302 0.64 824
11:30 Dragon Ball Super (r) 977 0.47 603
12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 996 0.48 619
12:30a Attack on Titan 808 0.38 481
1:00a Tokyo Ghoul 719 0.34 433

1:30a Hunter X Hunter 656 0.30 382
2:00a Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 575 0.26 338
2:30a Naruto: Shippuden 560 0.27 341
3:00a Ghost in the Shell (r) 532 0.27 341

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HJ0zK_EUc-4
toonamifaithful.com/toonami-ratings-for-march-18th-2017/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

8pm Super continues to gain viewers

8:00 Dragon Ball Super 0.55 914 0.36 468
8:30 Bob’s Burgers (r) 0.49 787 0.29 377
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.50 858 0.38 385
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.57 934 0.42 542

10:00 Family Guy (r) 0.77 1207 0.54 691
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.90 1395 0.65 834

Comedy reruns BTFO the end of Toonami

3:30a Bob’s Burgers (r) 547 0.29 376
4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 551 0.30 390
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 596 0.32 415

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 685 0.34 436
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 685 0.35 446

SAY IT WITH ME
TOONAMI
IS
DEAD

>Post yfw 808k

Attack on Meme doing its best One Punch Meme impersonation

Can someone remind me what the best selling manga WORLDWIDE is? I can't seen to remember...

Be honest doc, how much time does it have left.

Damn I shudder to think what will happen when Jack ends.

>Super continues to grow

Good

>Yea, Toonami's dead bitches
>Wait did you say "Toonami's dead bitches"?
>Thats the offical hashtag if you missed it
>To celebrate Tom's demise from television

Naruto.

Oh joy. More doomsayers.

Sweet Christ. 4 years was too long to make a follow up season. In 4 years, you could have learned how to get anime without dealing with commercials or signed up with Crunchyroll (which is allegedly lowering the quality of their streams, if Medium is to be believed).

How was Saturday's Jack episode? I'll check it out Wednesday or sooner if it's on the site.

Why is there always such a large drop off after Jack?

Is it really that hard to just air better chinese cartoons?

>Anonymous 05/02/17(Tue)20:38:07 No.92040135 ▶

SHIT AT THIS POINT WHAT DOES THE RED NATION HAVE TO OFFER

Let's be honest here. The manga is great.

The anime is Toeishit, which is the worst shit you can shit out.

They make Symbionic Titan season 2, of course.

Demarco is really picky about what he will air. Has to be action. Has to be new-ish. Can't be too sexy. And that's out of the small pool of anime that actually are licensed and have dubs.

Post yfw Big Mom's song this week

youtube.com/watch?v=HJ0zK_EUc-4

Big Mom is best mom

Ratings will improve since there'll be more viewers that stay from the family guy repeat that'll replace jack.

jack is part of what's killing toonami, it needs to be gone asap

>Jack satisfies yet again

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN BABE

The manga is a masterpiece as far as shonen goes.

The anime is a mediocre adaption, but still a better adaption of its source material than Naruto (with its infinite filler) or DBZ (which might be the only anime with even worse pacing than OP.)

HxH and Jojo are much better Jump adaptions but both benefit from being based on decades-old material.

*blocks your path*

Saturday's Jack episode was terrific. Best part was when it made Ashi haters all kill themselves.

Maybe if you last another 15 years you'll have a shot.

Attack on Titan's producers really fucked up by waiting so long to do a second season. That show was massively popular when it first came out, but the studio should have kept up the momentum instead of waiting four fucking years to do another one. It wasn't the kind of franchise that could survive that kind of hiatus. Season 1 is great when viewed once, thanks to the shock value and great fight animation, but on a second viewing you realize how flimsy the writing is and how bad the pacing is. And though both these problems are improved on in season 2, it feels like too little too late.

the fact that the frist two episodes just introduce like five more mysteries without resolving any of the old ones probably didn't help either.

This is the exact retard logic that fuels Ryuuko spammer.

>DBZ (which might be the only anime with even worse pacing than OP.)
Nigga, DBZ pacing is pretty bad but it's got nothing on One Piece. OP is where Toei perfected their padding to the extent that it's basically time dilation, less than one chapter per episode. Consider that a One Piece chapter can be less than 20 pages. And they still manage to make episodes that don't cover all 19 pages. DBZ never got that bad. DBZ at its worst was as bad as pre-Shabondy One Piece anime.

it's true though, Family Guy reruns that probably costs 5k a pop to air had higher ratings than the multimillion dollar Jack revival episodes

until people get tired of watching McFarlane reruns, AS is foolish NOT to air them considering the ratings they get

This reasoning doesn't hold up because its inevitable conclusion is to just scrap Toonami and replace it with McFarlane shows, which are all much cheaper than anime.

it does hold up, because that's exactly what is going to happen

Except they can only air them so many times per week. It might be more cost prohibitive to increase that number than just airing other stuff instead.

You and people like you have been saying this practically since Toonami came back, and instead the block just gets more funding and does more and more expensive projects like reviving Jack and FLCL. Though it remains to be seen if they'll be able to pull these kinds of stunts in the future.

Super is god awful

When Demarco is in charge yea that becomes a big road block

>Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release 2018.

Why though

I can't speak for anyone else but Jack is the only thing I'm even vaguely interested in that toonami is currently airing.
The only other two shows I tuned in for are gone and the only thing worth watching is the first show, so why bother keeping the tv on at all past 11:30?

This. Maybe when Super gets to something that isn't a movie adaptation it'll be worth it, but that's what, six months from now?

Because they don't seem to know how to read the room.

>6 months from now

And by then the casual audience has completely been lost. It's basically already gone

>literally the only thing in the pipeline is whatever replaces Unicorn
>just know Demarco will force IBO S2
>it will flub just as Unicorn has but Demarco just can't take a fucking hint

It's been fun posting with you lads all these years

>>just know Demarco will force IBO S2

He may not have a choice. [AS] seems to have a long-term contract with Bandai to show Gundam. It's likely they committed to IBO 1 and 2 and Unicorn all at once.

And why the fuck would they do this before testing the waters to see if people even wanted Gundam? Which they clearly did not.

>This. Maybe when Super gets to something that isn't a movie adaptation it'll be worth it, but that's what, six months from now?

In about three months. And yes, the post-movie arcs are actually great. Toriyama gets more involved in the writing starting with the third arc (Universe 6 Saga) and the result is some surprisingly creative stuff.

The problem with the first two arcs is that they take movies which were 70 minutes long and stretch them into 13 half-hour episodes each. You end up with terrible pacing. The later arcs were written for the show so they avoid these problems.

>And why the fuck would they do this before testing the waters to see if people even wanted Gundam?

Gundam Wing is one of the all-time biggest hits of classic Toonami, and most of the other Gundam shows were popular too (aside from the original, which bombed hard.)

The suits at Adult Swim probably saw how popular DBZ Kai was, figured it made sense to bring back other old shows people might be nostalgic for, and began trying to acquire Gundam.

I'm not looking forward to dub Universe 6, Black Goku, and Zamasu desu.

>DBZ never got that bad

>this planet will explode in two minutes!

You sure about that, user?

I'm really liking the dub so far. The cast are so comfortable in their longtime roles, and they've done a great job with writing the dialog, especially the comedic parts. There are a lot of groan-worthy jokes in the Japanese which were funny in English because the Funimation writers knew just how to tweak them.

Hopefully people can suffer through the Resurrection F arc to get to the good shit. It has its moments but it's mostly just a dull rehash of old DBZ tropes.

The best part is at the beginning when the b-squad fighters (Tien, Krillin, Master Roshi, Piccolo) actually get to kick some ass fighting Freiza's minions.

Gundam Wing was pretty much the only succesful gundam on the west, maybe G Gundam too

Why not? I'm sure they'll tweak the voices from how they sounded in XV2. I'm definitely hoping Sean Schemmel will be less growly and more calm and smug sounding as Goku Black.

This. Super's one of the few dubs that's superior to the original due to that fact.

Wing and G Gundam got the best rating, but 8th MS Team actually did really well given that it only aired at midnight. And Bandai sold a lot of DVD's and model kits whenever any of them aired.

I think when Seed began airing was when people began to get tired of Gundam, though. But by then Toonami was dying.

>Super
>Under 1mil
Its finally happening, Toonami's finally dying. Post yfw.

It was like that last week and the week before, cat tats

>3 weeks in a row
Even better.

Naw, man. Naw.

>Tokyo Ghoul

Why does this show try so hard to make me care for the MC Ghouls for being treated as hideous, sadistic monsters when they are in fact hideous, sadistic monsters who eat people

For fuck sake, some of them can't even control their ghoul boners over a human being near them

The show should have done what Parasyte did and have them be able to eat human food, the only thing would be that humans just tasted better. But because they can only eat humans and can get really shitty and pervy about it, it's hard to care about them

Post your Toonami is dead dance

>One Piece cancelled for low ratings
>Entire block immediately takes ratings nosedive
>Multiple shows now have lower numbers than OP

YE HAVE SUFFERED THE PIRATE'S CURSE

Gee that's weird I don't see any 400ks on there

Hey they just announced what show is going to take Unicorn's place on the block. It's going to be given three spots a week in fact, from 12-1:30, and then a repeat at 3. They've got a lot of faith in it.

>still clinging to that 400K meme

Try not to get too upset when you see this.

toonamifaithful.com/toonami-ratings-for-march-18th-2017/

Those are the numbers for OP's last broadcast. It was a lower than average night for it but it still beat this week's Gundam, Naruto, and GitS.

If we NEED to have a Gundam I'd sooner have Build Fighters.

Jack is the only thing I watch after sampling Super and finding it to be worse DBZ with a shittier budget and the rest of the block and finding it to be cancerous shit.

I'd probably actually stay up for Big O reruns over Attack on Titan or Tokyo Ghoul.

8th is about 5,000% better than Gundam Wing, too.

I wouldn't mind watching this again with toonami general.

To put things into perspective, Gundam Wing was a MASSIVE unexpected hit and second only to DBZ in ratings which was a huge deal. The broadcast of Endless Waltz was CN's highest rated program ever (at the time) and held thay distinction until DBZ took it a bit later when it aas reaching its peak popularity

And it was a complete fluke that convinced Gundam babbies that their shitty franchise is still popular 20 years later in the US.
>hurr hurr Gundam pulled huge ratings when parked next to the actually popular DBZ, that means all Gundam is popular

And this is why Shueisha will never allow One Piece to conclude.

>And it was a complete fluke

Except it wasn't, since several other Gundam shows also got major ratings. And when Endless Waltz set that record it was not following DBZ.

IBO just didn't repeat that success, but you can't pretend it wasn't huge back in the day.

Oda's going to end it sometime. Shueisha might convince him to let someone else write a shitfest sequel like Boruto, but it won't be the same.

Of course at the rate he's going it'll probably be another decade before the series wraps up, so they've got until then to find the next One Piece and prevent the death of anime.

If there is one thing Toonami has taught me its that in general tv audiences just want shit that panders to their nostalgia

It doesn't really matter what Demarco puts on the schedule if its not a reboot, remake or even just straight up rerun of something that aired in the 90s or early 2000s its all going to fare the same

people don't want anything that's new or different or challenging in any way they just want the same old stuff

Hunter X Hunter is still terrific but it's not worth sitting through hours of 90's repeats and edgelord trash to get to it, especially not when the whole series is on Netflix anyway.

Maybe, but the biggest hits so far for new Toonami that aren't Dragon Ball related were Akame Ga Kill and One Punch Man, neither of which have any nostalgia value whatsoever. Even Jack hasn't gotten higher ratings than AGK's premiere.

The biggest problem with current Toonami is a really simple one: the shows just aren't good, and they're catering to the wrong audience.

They doubled-down on grimdark shit by killing fun shows like One Piece and Jojo bringing in AoT and Tokyo Ghoul, and it turns out that pandering to edgelords alienated most of the audience.

Jack has dark themes but is still a fun show with humor and optimism. DB Super and Kai are both comedic even in their most tense moments. Then you go from the fun of Kai to the grimdark misery of Titans and what happens? A drop of nearly 200,000 viewers. And it keeps going down until the show at 2:00 is doing worse than One Piece did at 2:30. All because Toonami made the same mistake Marvel did and alienated their real audience by pandering to edgy tryhards.

But that's wrong, AgK, KLK, Dimension W, OPM and quite a few others were big successes. The issue now is that the whole lineup is filled with dogshit, and we start that shit sandwich with a rerun from a few hours prior.

don't you take it as a red flag that AGK was that popular though?

also stuff like KLK and OPM are basically meme anime that just became well known due to heavy social media saturation
doesn't really mean much that those were successful although it does reinforce the well known fact that audiences tend to prefer things with a more comedic bent in general

>Kai and Super get viewers because they are fun

They get viewers because they are DBZ. It matter little what actually happens, so long as Goku and a few other familiar meme faces are on the screen, nostalgiafags will tune in. Ever since Kai started, a 200k+ drop from it to the following show has happened. That isn't a new thing.

The average ratings haven't changed at all since OP left. If we didn't have Unicorn putting everyone to sleep, that last 90 minutes wouldn't be in such bad shape. Jojobronies need to stop whining that Demarco pulled their shitty show, and whine to Viz instead who couldn't shit out the dub fast enough.

No I really don't. The only thing it was a red flag for was airing shows that weren't super popular draws an audience. Same with Dimension W. It doesn't matter that the show itself is shit, it's the fact most viewers don't know it's shit without watching it first. Instead now we have an entire lineup of garbage people watched as it premiered years ago, and they know it's shit. Why sit down and watch something you already know blows ass?

>They get viewers because they are DBZ

Yeah, and people like DBZ because it's fun. That nostalgia didn't come from nowhere.

>sandwhale ends
>ratings tank

hmmm

>If we didn't have Unicorn putting everyone to sleep

The drop from HxH to Unicorn is less than half the size of the drop leading into Attack on Titan.

>Jojobronies need to stop whining that Demarco pulled their shitty show,

That shitty show also retained far more viewers after DBZ than Titans is.

Actually look at the numbers, don't just point fingers at whatever shows you don't enjoy like a petty fuck.

DeMarco reduced to eating Green Peace to survive.

>intentionally clipping off the part where I say it's not Demarco's fault Jojo is gone

As expected of a Jojobrony

Then why do casual Z fans detest regular DB? DBZ got popular with kids because at the time it originally aired, and with what there was to compare it to, it was edgy and "mature" as fuck. There is even an NYT article from back then about how much of a step up DBZ was from the vanilla cartoons that were airing on CN.

Really gets my peanuts popping

Remember when Toonami aired good stuff and the ratings weren't floating in the toilet? It's almost as if good shows and good rating go hand in hand. But what do I know?

>remember when Toonami aired good stuff

No

That's crazy. You're crazy. Stop making shit up, ya crazy.

I'd Big her Mom if you get the sexual implications I'm making

Honestly, memes aside, at least AoT can be fun at times, but Tokyo Ghoul was a fucking mistake.

Literally hot topic grimdark shit when everyones already burned out most likely.

>Toonami
>Ever good
Fucking nostalgiafags

>not remembering the old days when Toonami was the shit
newfags

the absolute madman

Why the fuck would watch King Of The Hill? Also why isn't Family Guy dead yet?

HERETIC!
Family Guy is the reason we are still alive!
Go write a 200 word essay on why you did wrong as penance

They just have to do what they did for dbz and constantly air the skypeia arc it's the best arc people would eventually love it

I feel even if oda wants to end it he needs like 5 years minimum to tie everything up