Dumbing of Age

Today, we start off with last night's strip. Tonight's strip will be incoming soon, but please read the PSA from Patreanon below before you comment.

Hopefully it will shed some light on our recent issues keeping a thread active and healthy. As long as there are anons who enjoy posting in it, I hope we can keep this thread alive and well.

PSA from myself, Patreanon, just below:

Other urls found in this thread:

itswalky.deviantart.com/gallery/37947681/Pin-Up-Week
desuarchive.org/aco/thread/1131190
docs.google.com/document/d/1nPLf38VDiwnL4qk1aOyB2Tmmd0mg4j7GWqfjE1x-kis/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hey, not-doag. Patreanon here tonight. After two nights of serving my bans, and a few chats with mods on IRC, I'm back. I appreciate the fill-ins in the interim.

The main concern relayed to me was that we were devolving into SINFEST levels of commenting on the author's politics more than the strip itself. That was a reality check for me. The two posts that I was banned for used the term 'Ess Jay Double You' in the text and/or the screenshot. You should be mindful of keeping anything that could be construed as Sup Forums-esque out of the thread.

As far as I understand it, we're totally free to keep discussing the comic and calling Willis complete shit as an author, but we should avoid critiquing his political stance in such inflamatory terms. I don't think the subject line, or the recent troll bitching about "necro-bumps" had anything to do with it, but we should be mindful of those things just in case.

Also, keep in mind that just because I talked to one or two mods about this does not make us immune to these, or other rules. What goes free for one mod might not pass for another.

Keep on keeping on, not-doag. Lets hope we can keep having fun shitting on Willy for a long while here on Sup Forums.

You keep fighting the good fight, Patreanon!

>The main concern relayed to me was that we were devolving into SINFEST levels of commenting on the author's politics more than the strip itself. That was a reality check for me. The two posts that I was banned for used the term 'Ess Jay Double You' in the text and/or the screenshot. You should be mindful of keeping anything that could be construed as Sup Forums-esque out of the thread.

>As far as I understand it, we're totally free to keep discussing the comic and calling Willis complete shit as an author, but we should avoid critiquing his political stance in such inflamatory terms.
Seems reasonable.

There are a lot of things we can insult Willis for that don't involve his politics.

I hate you all.

Beat me to it, user! Thanks for filling in while I was gone.

I love you too.

1. How is a high-five gay?
2. What's wrong with owning a lot of Star Trek ties? Not a fan of geek-bashing, honestly.

At this point I'm legit curious to see someone with a 3D character creator of some sort try to give us a life-accurate representation of what Becky would look like, considering her hair's trying to swallow her face while still allowing bits of her face to show through it like that.

16 Star Trek ties, huh? Sounds like a living hell, Robin.

I think mods should remove the dicks from their asses and get off Tumblr because Willy's insane "Ess Jay Double You"ism is a valid complaint about him and his work, considering its ridiculous levels, and the ability to see that is in no way "Sup Forumsesque" and if they weren't absolute retards they'd see that, but here we are.

Whatever

wooo gaaaayyyyyy

Robin is looking pretty bizarre in that last panel as well.

It's almost like marrying someone with hundreds of transformer toys, amirite?

>everybody has bad parents
>nobody can be happy
Fucking hell, Willis.

There is no way that a realistic 3D model of Becky's hair can exist. It defies all logic.

Nevermind that it grew overnight when she got the haircut to begin with. Those bangs are impossible with her original hair.

Guy owning Star Trek ties is about the most weak sauce "bad parent" story I've ever heard in my life.

Valid or not, Sup Forums is clearly not the place to discuss that according to the mods.

Like it or not, it is what it is.

I had to look at Becky's face in that third panel three times to make sure she hadn't spontaneously grown snaggle-toothed fangs from her bottom jaw.

Fuck's sake, hair is OPAQUE. It's not a magic veil you can see through.

No, she just doesn't like Mark. Her birth father is the crappy one apparently.

But hair behaves differently for extroverts and introverts.

Didn't you know that, you pleb?

That's fair, but half of the time Willis' politics bleed into his work which makes the two next to inseparable.

But hopefully this cuts down on >her-posting.

He's not entirely wrong. Visual storytelling is a thing and eyes hidden usually means secrets or other hidden things.

This seems like something that should have come much later than two strips after their introduction.

People in real life do not talk like Robin, Willis.

Her dialogue is so cringe inducing

I'm pretty much totally fine with this.

Wow this was a journey, first I thought that last panel Becky looked really bad. But then I noticed the 1st and 3rd panel ones. What the fuck is with the tumourous foreheads WIllis draws on occasion. They look fucking horrendous. Robin in that last panel looks pretty bad too, I get the expression but her mouth is shifted down a bit too much.

As for writing, I find Robin's description of her dads to be extremely weird and confusing. It's like she can't envision a decent dude. And she completely ignores whether Mark is good to her mom or anything like that, she just dunks on him being a huge dork. ALL WHILE SITTING UNDER A GIANT STAR WARS POSTER IN A HUGE NERD'S HOME! And then Becky agrees even though her girlfriend is an obsessive nerd who wears a dinosaur hat.

So not only do I not get what her issue even is (aside from with her first dad, that's pretty easy to get) but it's inconsistent.

The last panel is hard to even discuss because I think the rest of the strip is such a failure. Like, maybe there's a way for that panel to be touching, but not like this.

>This seems like something that should have come much later than two strips after their introduction.
Oh, user, don't you ever leave your house? EVERYBODY is comfortable with and opens up to complete strangers within thirty minutes of their first meeting. Especially closeted bisexuals and open-book lesbians.

I don't understand. Robin's stepdad, thus far, sound just...sorta dorky and embarassing. Becky's dad tried to murder her.

Also holy shit Becky isn't even close to ON MODEL at one point in this entire page and it's Willis' OWN DAMN CHARACTER.

>Panel 3 Becky

Makes me wanna throw up with how awful that looks.

Well I got no complaints with anything there since I never really did "those" kinds of posts. But I will say I agree with your point about subject line and "Necro-bumps." No fucking way they would be targeting us for that shit exclusively, and whoever is getting upset over "necro-bumps" should shut up. Especially if it's not just a "bump" post.

I can get Robin bringing up her dad as a method of manipulating people, essentially turning herself into her own prop. But as pointed out, she's basically wanting to slam clams with her stepdad.

>Yet ANOTHER shitty parent figure

This is getting old Willis. Also, how is a high five gay? And you aren't really making Robin this easy to change her whole ideology/political motivations right?

If anything, Willis is manipulating his audience. "Don't worry about an actual backstory that elaborates upon the person that Robin was when she was younger and how it influenced the way she presents herself nowadays. Hell, don't even worry about HOW her birth father was a bad person! Just know that she had a bad childhood and worse parents. That's all you need. That's all you'll ever need to know."

Is she wearing flesh colored pants or...

No pants. explained 2 days ago

I think it's more him trying to turn reader opinion of Robin around. Also if Amber being like her dad is true, we can assume that Robin's dad is retard who has been crashing on a lesbian's couch for years.

Nah, Robin is going commando. That shirt is only staying stuck to her cooter because of the excessive moisture generated by being close to a sexy virgin teen.

>>He's not entirely wrong. Visual storytelling is a thing and eyes hidden usually means secrets or other hidden things.

If you want your character's eyes to be visible, don't give them a haircut that covers their eyes. That's fundamentally bad character design.

>I think it's more him trying to turn reader opinion of Robin around.
That's what I mean. He's trying to paint her as being a sympathetic character by suddenly giving her a vague and very loose backstory. "Sure, I'm a corrupt politician who is more interested in attracting a demographic than attracting an actual likeable personality, but I had a rough childhood."

Well then, it's obvious that Becky and Robin are going to be friends, considering the last 2/3rds of that statement applies to both of them.

You're right, we know so little about Robin for a character who is supposed to be so public and important. Basically, we know she wants power and will do anything to get it, but we don't know what principles she'll violate stay in power.

Like in this strip, she mentions having to be very careful around guys, but there's no sense that it disturbs her. And the strip reinforces that by Roz's reaction. And it's kinda contradicted by this strip where we find out she can't stand her stepdad's jokes. I guess since there's nothing to be really gained/lost she won't humour her step-dad, but gleefully recommends doing that for your co-workers.

Is there anything she has wanted to accomplish with her power? Any big projects she has spearheaded? Even Shortpacked! Robin had her world peace bill or whatever, this one just likes that she won a thing. Which works for the Trump analog aspect, but it's hurting the character. And it hurts Leslie as well, because she's supposed to be genuinely impressed with Robin.

Robin:
>became the an extremely young (if not the youngest and I think first latina) representative
>has shown no signs of why she wanted to do that or what she did with that power because she just follows the party line and keeps the status quo going
>likes Leslie on a personality level and thinks she's attractive
>wears glasses to impress people to make them think she's smart, despite having incredibly impressive credentials
oh and
>thinks that people who drug and try to assault women should be locked up, which is not notable outside of being one of the few things we know about her as a person

I cannot see this bitch's hair without thinking of this shitlord from the most overrated anime of the 90s.

Fuck your expression transparency shit. It's just an awful design.

>>Always suck up to men or they will try to destroy you.

Women, on the other hand, always treat each other with perfect kindness and deference in the work place.

Egotistical but insecure is probably the most coherent personality you could glean from that. Something interesting about her learning about Ryan is that she automatically offered to help rather than asking for any kind of proof; that kind of allegation against its staff can sink a campaign yet she freely obliged Leslie her request.

He's a male and a parent thus already worse than Hitler since all parents are pure evil.

It would be worse to be seen as sheltering a rapist. Any sensible politician would throw him into the street to be torn apart by wild dogs.

Of course, Joyce and Friends have made a hopeless mess of actually convicting Ryan of anything.

>listen, i know you got kidnapped and almost shot but like, my step-dad was like, really lame

If the strip gets political, the conversation should be allowed to cover it. This is Sup Forums; we talk about comics and cartoons of all kinds, and the subjects that they bring up.

I guess the point was to not get "too political" or go overboard with it? Idk, half the time Mods do things that make no sense or overstep their boundaries.

You must live in a closet or something.
Most of the times you deny all allegations and push the allegations on the accuser.
That way you can say you never had a rapist in your campaign and your die hard supporters will always say that the accuser lied.

What the fuck is happening in this comic anymore

If a fucking intern is publicly outed as a rapist they'll be kicked to the curb. There's no way a political campaign would keep someone like that around.

Stretching a storyline out to last many years.

Feel free to go chat it up with the mods on IRC, m8. They're not hiding from anyone.

Free speech ain't a right on privately owned websites. You're beholden to the rules that the mods decide are reasonable. The Dobson and Sinfest purges are perfect examples of that. Let's not get to that point with DoA, okay?

>publically outed
Allegations aren't convictions.
A convicted rapist would get thrown to the wolves.
This is an allegation of drugging and conspiracy.
It would be slightly different if there was an investigation with the police but this is literally two people (one of which assaulted the defendant during that same night) saying that one of them was roofied at a party but never went to the police for months.
Even if they did go to the police there is no way that they can prove that this dude did the deed.
The scandal would do more damage to your campaign especially if it was true.
The best idea would be to make it a false accusation by people who are against your politics trying to make a scandal out of nothing.

Yeah, Willie. You're totally qualified to talk shit about dorks who like Game of Thrones and Star Trek.
YOU TRANSFORMERS-LOVING, TOY-BUYING, FORUM-MODERATING LOSER.

Is the official smut up anywhere I don't have to pay for it?

>Robin had absent father
>Robin turns out to be gay
Hmmmmmmmmmm...

>Had a stepdad who threw a molotov cocktail at my house when I was 3
>still empathize with and respect people who had far less dramatic issues with parents
>'Waaaah my dad is a dork so I'm going to co-opt that feel!'

yeah, nah, fuck you, you goddamn hack.

>Allegations aren't convictions.
No but they're damnations nonetheless.

>MUH BAD DADS!!!

Willis does it again!

>this is kinda gay
WHAT

THE JOKE IS THAT ROBIN IS A CLOSETED HOMOSEXUAL.

Thats fucking stupid. I fucking hate this site. If they wanted the board to be about content they would kill the generals.
Instead staff are fighting their own wars against """Sup Forums""".
It shouldn't be a reality check in any self-reflective way but in a state-of-the-union way. Sorry you were caught in the cross fire.

Save Sup Forums?
Take Sup Forums threads away
Ban generals
Ban formulaic OPs e.g what did x mean by this, and so on

Sup Forums aready figured this shit out years ago but no one implements it.

I don't even care about these theads, they're a passing giggle but that shit right there is infuriating.

>d-don't question their decisions
All they can do is release me from 'here forever' which is a mercy, not a punishment.

It's a video game style Barber, the kind that can give you more hair than you came in with.

Free Pinups
itswalky.deviantart.com/gallery/37947681/Pin-Up-Week

ACO Smut collection:
desuarchive.org/aco/thread/1131190

Smut Doc:
docs.google.com/document/d/1nPLf38VDiwnL4qk1aOyB2Tmmd0mg4j7GWqfjE1x-kis/edit?usp=sharing

>people who are against your politics trying to make a scandal out of nothing.

Robin's campaign does have an actual conspiracy working against it.

But anyone describing it would sound ridiculous.

It's not that ridiculous if you focus on what Roz is doing rather than Leslie's motivations and goals.