What went so fucking right?

What went so fucking right?

When the New 52 raped the universe and compressed it and made it legacyless, did you ever think in a million years that you would get post-crisis back?
Within 5 years no less??

Not gonna lie I started coming to Sup Forums around the time of the New 52 but I can't remember the initial reaction to the news.
Was Sup Forums saying that DC was dead when the "reboot" was announced?

Doesn't DC have a mudslime Greenlantern has he jihad'd the JLA yet?

Baz is best boy don't you shit talk him and his crashes-car-constructs-into-things ways

>What went so fucking right?
good writers and editorial

They apologized in their initial announcement... That's the secret...

That's why Marvel Legacy rings so hollow... Marvel clearly wants to capture the same lightning but absolutely lack the humility to admit to their own mistakes

still figuring out how to weaponize the ring... yes, that stupid. Complains? take it to GJ he made him the prime suspect of a bombing on his first fucking arc.

>>>/tumblr/

Where's the like button

Martian Manhunter, Marvel family and Firestorm confirmed for making an appearance in Rebirth?

Nothing. Rebirth is garbage and the Watchmen crossover is a hack idea.

>When the New 52 raped the universe and compressed it

Too bad they are now compressing all those 5 years of New 52: according to Barry in the latest Batman crossover issue, it's been only months after Flashpoint.

Apparently they removed the five years limit on everything so Barry doing Flashpoint probably no longer happened before all the New 52 events. Same with how Superdad has worn Superbro's costume.

Basically New 52 is stretched back and applied onto the old continuity.

Our Lord and Savior Geoff Johns was finally given the power to do what he wanted. He used that unlimited power to save DC. Truly a god among men.

Marvel basically committing suicide took the pressure from them so now they can take their time to make great stories again

>what went so right
uh.. nothing? Rebirth has been aggressively mediocre. Name two titles outside of Deathstorke, Superman/Super Sons, Flintstones, and Doom Patrol that you would call particularly good. And I only leave Super Sons in there because Superman having a son is the only interesting development to his character in the last decade.

Nu52 at least had the balls to try and push characters who aren't already terribly popular. Whats the Dial H of rebirth?

>was against the new 52
>gets his chance to get rid of it
>literally puts his money where his mouth is and willing to buy back issues people didn't want

BASED

People don't realize how important Rebirth was. Can you imagine how bad it would be if DCYou kept going and continued to suck while Marvel started shitting up stores?

I think this post just about sums up the quality of Rebirth. It's not great, it's just good enough so people can say it's better than marvel.

>>was against the new 52
>>gets his chance to get rid of it
>gets hacks like Humphries or Williamson under exclusive because they're his friends
>takes Cucka back and puts him on his waifu Wonder Woman... again.
>gives a 12 issue mini to Chuck Dixon
>rapes Watchmen
>will bring bring back Waid to DC
Truly a god. I hope eh can convince Bendis to do at least a 12 issue series for DC too.

>>rapes Watchmen
I tire of this new meme.
Watchmen is overrated until it can be used as a sacred cow, right my dude?

>>rapes Watchmen
By showing a smiley button?

New 52 wasn't that bad. It had Animal Man, Grayson, Omega Men, Midnighter, Azzarello Wonder Woman, Lemire Green Arrow, Gotham Academy, Demon Knights, Swamp Thing, and a shit load of other good books that Rebirth hasn't matched yet

>Watchmen is overrated
I agree. Doesn't mean a hack like Johns should rape it.

But he's not.

Not nearly as much as you're claiming

Wonder Woman has become completely mediocre drek at the cost of erasing Azzarello's fantastic run.

Tom King on Batman has been a letdown

Tomasi's Supes is saccharine forced family shit that basically goes for cheap feels over an actually interesting story.

And overall I'm finding fewer good stories at Rebirth's debut over New 52's debut.

New 52 began with Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Action Comics, The Flash, Demon Knights, All Star Western (initially) and Snyder's Court of Owls story which started strong.

The only titles I really love in rebirth are Deathstroke, Doom Patrol and Green Arrow with Aquaman and Suicide Squad being fairly entertaining.

And of those Green Arrow and Suicide Squad build on New 52 lore rather than completely reverting back to Post Crisis and Deathstroke is fairly New 52 driven as well albeit bringing back a lot of PC elements but not just a straight switch back.

DC can keep "the magic on", the fantastic in a world of heroes and villains well structured. They focus in stories and momentum.

Marvel is so attached to their "grounded and full of personality" characters that they lost a good part of the fantasy. Too much focus in characters and too little in making the stories interesting.

It's sure reddit in here.

People need to stop including Doom Patrol as an example of a good Rebirth book. It's under a different imprint and isn't a part of the Rebirth line.

Regarding Rebirth, I think people are more excited about what it implies for their precious canon than its actual quality. So congratulations. You got your Post-Crisis continuity back. Just remember it'll never be the same or as good as it was because you got older. And don't forget, you people bitched plenty pre-Flashpoint and had threads celebrating The New 52 just like this one.

DC is just doing what they've always done. Same shit. Different paint job. Except this time it's a paint job we're familiar with.

>will bring bring back Waid to DC

I know it's vogue to dislike Waid because of his cuckworthy twitter but the dude's best work is at DC. If you don't think there's some value in seeing Waid write at DC again then you're an idiot.

Just like how Rucka was going to return Wonder Woman to glory.

>name two good titles apart from these five good titles

>grounded and full of personality"
But thats bullshit, a huge part of Marvel's current problems are due to their characters acting like one dimensional douchbags.

nothing

>Literally everyone except Tim

Poor guy.

The entire YJ cast is gone, not just Tim.

The funny thing is Shazamfam and Martian Manhunter being there when none have appeared.

He's on Killer Croc's back.

I'll only be okay wit the backpedaling id the break Barbara's legs.

The only problem I have with Baz is that he has one of the most powerful weapons in the known universe, but he also has a gun

It comes off like brain-dead 90's Image comics logic

Read comics. He's gotten rid of the gun as part of his character development

Reminder that Johns wrote Flashpoint and was architect of new 52 along Lee

He is mediocre, and the worst comics of moore are as good as your average Johns comic.

I will agree that New 52 did start strong, lots of variety in its initial line up. My main issue with Rebirth is that currently it's playing things too safe; I know that DC is trying to rebuild its trust with its readers again, but a little variety would be nice.

>what went right

The DCEU tanked that's why.

Oh well it's just Bart, Conner, and Cassie who got fucked. Though that was their plan going in.

Johns wrote Flashpoint but it was supposed to be a Flash only story that tied into just the Flash franchise -- at the time he was scripting it he thought there'd be 3 or 4 Flash books.

Then DC turned it into a reboot, which was conspired by Nelson and Didio because obviously Johns didn't want to reboot his shit. He literally stood pat on them not rebooting his GL stuff and abandoned Flash when he knew they were fucking over his vision there.

But BvS and SS both made more money that MoS.

It's obviously because their lack of Diversity!

This. I was going to check out Marvel and their no name writers and mediocre stories but then I saw the heroes they were pushing were all minorities!