Everyone excited that Regular Show 2 got picked up?

everyone excited that Regular Show 2 got picked up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M-X6SEDtQ1M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I had the lowest expectations for the pilot, but ended up enjoying it quite a bit. The similarities with RS are there, but the different setting/personalities gives the show a different feel.

Not as exciting as Gumball 2.

No.
I'm more excited about pic related.

Or Steven Universe 2.

These all look awful and uninspired holy shit.

At least I haven't seen a clip of the last one so it could have the potential to be really good writing. At my best expectations, I see Clarence-type writing. At the worst, "Magic Children Doing Stuff".

Watched the A&O pilot, can someone explain how exactly it is Regular Show other than them being anthropomorphic?

This looks like a Canadian teletoon reject.
And this looks like fucking Nick Jr.
This is just fucking Steven Universe.
I really hope these shows are better than they look.

To be honest, I'm only looking forward to Summer Camp Island because of who's working on it - Kent Osborne, Julia Pott, Sam Alden amongst others. There's a lot of talent, so I can't imagine it'll be horrible.

I'd say this is Clarence 2

Looks nothing like Steven Universe.

How was it? I kind of want to watch it based on this single still.

Two dudebros living in a crazy world where everything is alive but the personalities of everyone are chill and "down to Earth" who sound like your friends from college as they go on adventures to solve the social problems of a dudebro (I don't wanna work; I need a girlfriend!; We gotta get invited to that cool party).

Looks like it's made in go-animate but I didn't dislike that pilot.

What's even the point? Is Ben making it?

Looks hideous.

Looks hideous.

Looks like shit and piss.

The pun title is the funniest thing about it.

Looks forgettable but will likely spawn a lot of gay fanart.

Looks lame, but I might give it a shot.

>gay fanart.
The hedgehog's a girl, sorry to disappoint.

I want an animated show to give this industry a kick in the ass like AT did back in 2010

AT didn't kick off the industry, it just gave CN a couple of good years.

>steven universe 2
did you even read what it was about.its clarence 2.just because someone from SU is making it it doesnt mean its the same show.

"craig of the creek is just steven universe!"
>the show is about a bunch of kids doing dumb shit
>No aliens or magic stuff
"oh but it has the same drawing style! so its basically steven universe!"

also because steven universe invented diverse main casts, apparently

>its clarence 2
So it's shit.

I may give this one a chance.

I had to watch this with low volume and constantly looking over my shoulder.
It was like someone was gonna whip out their dick at any moment.
It is easily one of the most uncomfortable cartoons I've ever watched.

way too heavy on the shipping for my taste

all animation made after the 40s is shit

I actually burst out laughing at this.
Why?
youtube.com/watch?v=M-X6SEDtQ1M

Gettin reeeeeal sick of this artstyle.

What about the Jetsons?

Has Adventure Time done irreparable damage to modern western TV animation?

what style?
this is the most diverse looking line-up in years

If by "damage" you mean saving it, then yes

Remember, networks were getting rid of animation in mass, and replacing it with live-action sit-coms and reality shows

Adventure Time renewed the interest in animation.
If not for AT, there might not even be any animation today
But I guess you would prefere that

Whatever it saved wasn't worth saving.

So you would rather have CN drown with live action shows?

Yes, let it die.

>If not for AT, there might not even be any animation today
That's such a hyperbole I'm almost convinced you're Pen Ward in disguise jerking off the importance of his own show.

Especially considering even after Adventure Time, Nickelodeon still has half their schedule dedicated to tween sitcoms and Disney Channel has converted entirely to live-action shows. Even their animation channel still has live-action shows. So there goes your "theory".

It wasn't about the public losing interest, it was about an era of people trying to compete with rising streaming services and DVR systems that caused huge dips in ratings, profits from merchandise, and revenue from commercials. CN always had the least viewership out of the three big channels and started to resort to live-action to cut costs on shows because that's what their competitors had been doing for years.

It was a flop, so they tried to re-invent themselves with shows like Chowder and Flapjack. It took off from there and CN in particular had a very short lived high where their ratings came back for around 5 - 8 years but have dropped significantly once again since 2014.

If you think AT somehow "saved" the TV animation industry, then TTG would not have hijacked CN's network only three years later.

Just go watch the Disney Channel then

that has more to do with CN gradually moving to on-line streaming themselves tho

And resulting in non-stop early leaks and releases of their episodes which kills their premiere ratings, forcing them to resort to bombs because it's the only thing they think "works".

Look, everyone, it's the Queen of The Nile!

AT is AIDS, doesn't kill immeditely but gives bad health until demise and is a fucking epidemic right now.

AT is directly responsible for tv animation getting respect again.

A wave of millennials saying it's cool to watch cartoons now because a show hints at same-sex couples or has pseudo-philosophical dialogue isn't "respect".

this

Literally everything would still be Squirrel Boy or My Gym Partner's A Monkey if it had not been for RS and AT

I thought OK KO was Steven Universe 2.

To be honest, I prefer the CN Real era over today. I'm not fucking joking.

it is more like Adventure Time 2

SU isnt ending yet

screenshotting this as proof