Deathstroke #18 Storytime

Twilight finale!

THAT BILLBOARD IS BLEEDING

WHY

Hey it is the red lion. He looks so tame without the costume

Oh fuck. She's behind this. I wasn't expecting that.

>Slade hitting the wall like an idiot

Rofl

Why is she always wearing that damn thing.

Did you know Rose is half Hmong?

>Slade the badass assassin rams face-first into things because he's fucking blind
It's in bad taste to laugh at the sight-impaired but I'm still doing it.

He took a bullet pretty damn well

Oh fuck he looks like Grundy

>Doesn't fight back
World's best dad confirmed

Bump

Lazarus Contract starts next week in Titans:
>“THE LAZARUS CONTRACT” part one! When Deathstroke discovers that Wally West’s return holds the key to bringing his son back from the dead, he’ll stop at nothing to do just that! Don’t miss the debut chapter of the epic crossover event that you’ve been waiting for!

She's half Hmong?! This is the kind of key plot specific detail that should be brought up each issue, wtf Priest

one paunch

not as much drama this issue. Gotta wait again now god dammit I hate this part

The end

Damn it Joey.

>Straight up says he's just using her
>Might kill her
>right in front of her
Damn, Etienne must love that Slade dick.

It was suggested I post the cover of the next issue in a different storytime so here's Titans #11 for next week.

Looks like Deathstroke... JUST MADE THE LIST!
Drink it in maaaaaaaaaaan!

oh hey just now are we finally seeing Rose's new costume that we saw from all the concept art

So it goes
>Titans #11 on May 10
>Teen Titans #8 on May 17
>Deathstroke #19 on May 24 the last bi-weekly issue
>Teen Titans Annual: The Lazarus Contract #1 on May 31
So I assume Titans #11 will pick up where this issue of Deathstroke left off? Seems like an odd place to have a crossover, right at the climax of the current Deathstroke arc.

pure kino issue, worth the 17 issues of buildup for this

Seems like an odd place to segue into a Titans crossover but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to boost sales.

its chris priest hes not exactly afraid of using timeskips in his stories

I don't get why everyone jizzes themselves over this book so much

it is i think the only big 2 book with a well handled supporting cast and its written by one of the few big 2 writers who actually understands how to write a comic book

Well Joey, your fianceè is dead, you almost killed your father and sister, but the good news is that your boyfriend is back... as a zombie.
Being Joey is suffering

Who did Slade adopt?

Is there anyone more punished than Jericho?

>Plastic man rebirth canceled

Tanya

>KEERAAKKKKK
did... did he just break Rose's neck?

I wouldn't call that an adoption.

wait, titans and teen titans is two different things?

STOP

Titans is a more classic cast with people like dick Wally Donna and Roy among others while teen titans is Damian's team with starfire raven black Wally aqualad and beast boy

Why is the AI calling Wintergreen?

So pumped for this!

Because it's a book that doesn't think its audience is dumb. It's hard to follow, but rewarding to understand.

I love it, even though my favorite titles are Wondygal and Tec.

No, she's in the next arc.

/r/ edit with Jericho-- -- you're a cuck!

"It's french" my ass.
Dr. Villain, you are fooling no one

Jericho is truly a cuck. He's still marrying her in spite of her fucking Slade behind her back.

*his

To get him to be Slade's conscience.

>fucking his dad's friend
>marrying his dad's fucktoy
He's just trying to fuck his dad by proxy, right?

>Haitian
This explains the french name

>You adopted a teenage girl only to break her heart

He also broke her dog

I'm sure hes going to break something else of hers if you know what I mean

So the guy following Rose 10 issues ago was a Red Lion's agent. And the info he got from her phone was what allowed him to restore his leadership.

Too much keikakus, man. I might re-read all issues before "Lazarus Contract"

That's a good plan. I should do that too. I think I may have missed a few issues after "Chicago."

That gimmick issue wasn't his idea though.

>It's hard to follow

Maybe if you're reading at a fourth grader's level

Are you honestly telling me you wouldn't die for that deathstroke?

...did you read past that part? Maybe the grade level analysis of my post was too much.

Maybe "America" is more to your taste.

That's just low. That's like saying "Well, you should watch The View" if someone doesn't like The Wire. ;)

Probably broke her jaw/cheekbone

What a good father

I mean, it makes sense.

One book has a non-linear storyline in which a master of keikakus consistently makes his own life and the lives of the ones around him worse because, surprise surprise, his actions have consequences.

The other book is simple in its storyline and tells the story of a dumb brick that doesn't think before punching her way to success while everyone bow down to kiss her ass.

If a person doesn't like one, sure will like the other.

Strong cast of characters, lots of keikakus, Deathstroke doesn't job, family drama with intrigue and MURDER. Nonlinear storytelling that makes for some compelling thematic structure. It's an all around strong story that just happens to be capeshit as well

>That smirk
Doctor fucking Villain.

What the fuck? This book has veered from expertly plotted to too-clever-by-half clusterfuck one too many times.

I'm with you. It's pretty well written on some levels, but we're at issue 18 and all of the timeline wanking has yet to produce a single payoff.

Red Lion is best boy

>timeline wanking
what

The non-linear storytelling that superficially adds complexity but really hasn't done too much thematically.

>has yet to produce a single payoff.

What counts as payoff?

There's a middle ground, surely. Something like Tec or Birds of Prey or Nightwing.

I dunno, maybe not ending a nearly twenty issue arc on a flashback to previously well-trod territory from a different angle and an advertisement for a crossover.

This is old-school storytelling, there is no arc. It's all one continuing story. It'll come to an open-ended conclusion when Priest levels.

Jumping around to different time periods every two pages is pretty far from old-school storytelling. And if there is no arc then it's just masturbation.

One thing I can guarantee.

The ones reading and liking "America" sure as hell aren't reading "Deathstroke" and wouldn't like it if they did.

I think you're almost certainly right about that. But not all rectangles are squares, just as not all people who can't enjoy Deathstroke are idiots who love America. Thankfully. :)

that's just Priest, really

it'll come back around

>Jumping around to different time periods every two pages is pretty far from old-school storytelling
It's how he did it in his Black Panther run, which is nearly 20 years old.
> And if there is no arc then it's just masturbation.
So decades of comics are masturbation in your view?

Something from the past two decades does not mean it's old-school storytelling for comics friend. And disguising straightforward stories with a ridiculously disjointed narrative every issue has never been the norm.

it was very good tho

"Old school" is in reference to how there's no obvious starting and stopping points other than the first issue and the last issue of a writer's run (and sometimes not even then).

Don't forget Quantum and Woody.

>And if there is no arc then it's just masturbation.

This is getting hilarious now.

Once again, if there's no obvious starting and stopping point and you just jump around to different time periods every two pages while never using it to construct a build up or payoff then you are just dressing up an empty story with a pretentious coat of paint.

>never using it to construct a build up or payoff

?

But we got payoff literally this issue on something . It's just a slow burn.