Alexandrite is the most impressive design in the show...

Alexandrite is the most impressive design in the show. The second mouth is perfectly alien while still fitting the general feeling. The colors are interesting and fit the gemstone well. Really good feel for the CGs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WBDRxblF6js
youtube.com/watch?v=U7FBm-Y24_A
youtube.com/watch?v=BgxqtjZov00
youtube.com/watch?v=uGQ7QnKqeY4
youtube.com/watch?v=Uw5wT2b1G3g
youtube.com/watch?v=333sjeiu01Q
youtube.com/watch?v=rszVJFUNiKw
youtube.com/watch?v=r1sp14qNr0c
youtube.com/watch?v=O1L3rMBCaZA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

...just admit you want to fuck it.

Why else would you make this thread?

Would you?

Is this stuff from Steven Universe ? That looks awesome, how gay is the show ?

One of the main characters is a lesbian and another is a physical gestalt of two lesbians.

And the show uses quite a bit of pink in its color palette.

That's about it, really. People make a bigger deal of it than it is.

Looks amazing but the animation is horrible. So when it does fight you are massively dissapointed

You forgot the children fusing together and Steven fusing with one of the gems and how fusion is sexual

So what you're saying is almost as gay as DBZ.

>Steven fucking Connie
>gay

actually not at all because the main "gay" characters are aliens from a race of only females.
canon wise there are no gay characters

I WISH

THAT I COULD TURN BACK TIME

Yep, just like DBZ.

Thanks, Doc. I can't even tell the difference.

>Looks amazing but the animation is horrible. So when it does fight you are massively dissapointed

Pff, what is momentum?

Exactly.

still not as gay

youtube.com/watch?v=WBDRxblF6js

the user is talking about the smokey fight scene gif everyone hates
also the stevonnie vs jasper fight looks weird.

>garnet and amethyst dancing seductively before their fusion
>pearl tries to cover steven's eyes so he can't see it

How the fuck do fans claim this isn't sexual? What the fuck

WOULD I?

All dancing is kind of sexual, but it's not THAT sexual.

Pearl is just an extreme prude and was also jealous.

that fight looks weird too, I was being sarcastic because the animators didn't animate in momentum

But yeah if you compare the Garnet vs Jasper fight from the beginning of the series to Smokey Quartz vs Jasper it's depressing how bad the show has gotten with its quality

youtube.com/watch?v=U7FBm-Y24_A

youtube.com/watch?v=BgxqtjZov00

Not to mention how the reject purple gem merging with a child for some reason had a huge power spike compare to garnet to the extent that they didn't even get scratched.

>garnet genuinly struggles in the fight and barely wins because she throws jasper into the ship's core
>smokey is letting out quips the entire time and doesn't even try

I miss old SU

its weird because i think the alexandrite battle was better than stronger than you (it was a better episode but the fight was more like a music video than an actual fight) but then stevonnie vs jasper was bad and smokey vs jasper was meh.
So in the same season we got the best fight scene and 2 bad ones.Its strange.Probably they should hire someone else to do the fight scenes.

>two quartz gems that were built for fighting in comparison to a fragile sapphire fused with an extremely common grunt ruby

Steven and Amethyst have a lot more brute strength.

>limb enhancer peridot was the best peridot mentality
i will never get this. she was literally less of a character than cobra commander before she was stripped of those.i know shes a meme now but she was literally nothing but a worthless goon before catch and release

Because they used weapons instead of hand-to-hand combat.

this is a good point.

>we got the best fight scene
That's not Pearl vs. Amethyst, which was the only good fight scene. I think Joe worked on that one.

I mean they already out source the animation and don't even have to work to keep the designs on model. They could at least animate it well
she's lost literally everything about her character. You cannot honestly like chibified peridot.

youtube.com/watch?v=uGQ7QnKqeY4

youtube.com/watch?v=Uw5wT2b1G3g

holy shit that second one looks like it was animated in flash

has anything in this show improved overtime? I mean fuck they even fired the guy who used to do the good backgrounds to save money there too

well i liked it
she had NO character. she was a techno gem who had a mission and when she couldnt finish it she reported it. then she got stranded on earth and was a recurring villain who did nothing but run away.
she was, literally, a 90s cartoon villain. and her redemption arc was amazing. the worst thing she did was crush that worthless robonoid.i dont care if you think "memebarn ruined her" she was an empty husk before she got rid of the enhancers.you just like those things because it was a good design.
isnt sugars brother the one making backgrounds?

Haha no that wasn't him

either way, the backgrounds are still 10/10 even in shitty episodes

the fuck is this shif?

I've seen fan animation done better than that

that movement was made as a joke.
but it didnt work.

You're referring to what?

>she's lost literally everything about her character.
Why do people keep saying this? You're fucking retarded, the only time she was intimidating was in her introduction in Warp Tour. Her other appearances where she had her limb enhancers has the same personality going on as she does after she lost her limb enhancers.

She's always been full of herself and childish. Rewatch the scenes of her in Keeping it Together, Marble Madness, and Friend Ship.

There's plenty of things to complain about with how her character is being handled, but this is just stupid.

this
people love to shit on peridot for doing jack shit after her redemption arc, but honestly, after gem drill the gems are doing.....nothing. after mr greg pearl was worthless in season 3. garnet has been more useful separated than fused in S3-S4.only amethyst,jasper and steven have been doing something useful.
At the very least we are shown peridots daily life, unlike pearl where who gets 2 episodes in 2 whole seasons.

what about the peridot shrinkage? in the episode where he poofed her out of the bubble, peridot was taller than steven, in the episode where they try to help ruby shes like half his height.

She doesn't look nearly as cool as in the show.

its normal that good fanart makes certain characters look cooler than in animation. More liberty in expression and design without the worry that it will be animated.

It's not very straight because Steven is a femboy

One is the mix of a military advisor and a grunt, while the other is the mix of two different high-end super soldiers

there is a difference

So I have something to say about this show.

its gone down hill

I started watching the first few eps and the first like 3 or 4 are kind of meh worthy, but after that it got good, which is what hooked me. I ignore the heavy ass sjw feminist tones that are shoved into the show, the reason I love it in the beginning was the mystical feel and the sense of wonder that was installed into it. like the episode mirror gem, the atmosphere was wonderful.

not only that I loved the attention to detail and the stuff that they would later reference, things that make sense after you watch later episodes like all the stuff with garnet.

the show had great continuity, but lately I fell like most of these later seasons its a LOT of filler and waiting for stuff to happen, season 4 has been very boring.

season 4 has been shit. i love this show way too much and even i agree with that.
>I ignore the heavy ass sjw feminist tones that are shoved into the show
care to explain them? i know theres gay shit but, unlike the comics, SU doesnt shove them right into your face(well except maybe LOOBC)

What are you talking about? She's clearly taller than him like always.

>asking nu-Sup Forums to explain what it means when it says "sjw"

do you go around asking cows what they mean when they say "moo" anonymous? i don't, my time is worth more than that.

its a lot of stuff its not in your face but stuff like beach city drift

ok so originally steven and connie didnt give a shit about kevin and what he was up to, they even ended the episode where they originally met with them laughing and dancing.

but in beach city drift, suddenly the whole episode makes it that kevin trying to force them to dance was essentially a metaphor for rape.

then they pop off the alone at sea episode which is essentially a giant metaphor for abusive relationships.

there is also the fact that fusion is seen as a super personal thing almost seen as sex among gems, so when pearl tricks garnet into fusing she loses her shit.

so all that aside I want you to think about the characters.

Almost every female is awesome, strong, even non gem females can fight gem monsters and take them down.

almost every male character are useless, most are portrayed as something not worth looking at, something stupid and to be mocked.

steven is the only male who is shown to be capable in the show. its very gender biased

>Almost every female is awesome, strong
They're all fucking wrecks.

yet every crystal gem is female, all males are weak humans

they might have character flaws, but only the females seem to be able to do anything.

The gems can do anything of value when Steven is around.

> struggles in the fight and barely wins

oh come off it, that was a musical fight which are usually devoid of tension in the first place. Did you even watch the scene? Garnet wipes the floor with Jasper because she's re-formed and really feeling herself.

...so what you're saying is, YOU're gay?

*only when

You know Alexandrite is just a ripoff of Evangelion right? Including the second mouth.

Very few designs in SU are not ripoffs of some anime or other. I'm fine with that though.

What is Greg

I don't remember anyone having two mouths in Eva. What are you talking about?

greg does nothing, he plays music with steven with the exception of that one time where he fucked up so badly that he caused steven to lose his healing powers.

what is greg?
what does greg contribute?

this, the eva shinji piloted had one mouth

It's clearly based on this.

Can you show the pic of the other mouth?

This. Even if steven himself is small, Rose was still a grade A warrior and leader, which amethyst is as well. Together they should easily trounce jasper.

greg is the only good parental figure steven has. theres a lot of episodes that show that without greg, steven would be more miserable.
take lion 4 for example.greg is the biggest moral support steven has.and for a kid that every season learns fucked up things about his family thats important

>evangelion invented mouths
WOAH

Alexandrite is one of my most favorite fusions (not that there are many). First time seeing her I wasn't completely sold yet but in her fight with Malachite I was completely in love with this giant monster lady.

those two mouths are really visible in this pic. obviously alexandrite was CLEARLY STOLEN FROM EVANGELION BESTANIMUEVERSHINJI4EVRXDDD

beach city drift was more of a "fuck this guy for being a jerkass. lets show him!" than a rape accusation.steven hated him for ""sexually assaulting"" him and connie and he was an asshole to his dad and he did all of this having a egocentric attitude. hes basically a full fledged bully, and steven is like the opposite of that.

alone at sea was a shit episode.the problem wasnt the moral, it was the pacing and resolution.it had really bad writing.

and yeah the females are strong, and thats because thats the point of the show. the show is about the gems, and all of the gems are female. but they do have good male characters, like the mayor, greg, andy, lars and jaime. And like you said, the main character is male, and hes the one who saves the day most of the time. So its a show about a bunch of girls fighting each other until a little boy fixes everything.

You are absolutely retarded if you don't think this is an intentional reference, considering the dozen other obvious Eva references in the show.

because a pizza dream scenario gave some nods towards evangelion, this cleary PROVES THE ARGUMENT ABOUT ALEXANDRITE BEING A RIP OFF OF AN EVA, EVANGELION IS EVERYTHING BESTANIMEEVR2017SHINJIJERKEDOFFONASLEEPINGGIRL

this is one scene in the show, using this as a foundation for your argument is floppier than a gay guys dick staring at a naked old woman.

thats the one scene where it was a blunt anime reference and its on a joke episode
SU takes a lot out of anime shit but it never crosses the rip off line.

>One

did you really just use a marketing picture thats probably not even official to support your argument.

>one scene

oh yeah i forgot about that one.
but that one was amazing

>one scene

thats not even from an episode you retarded tree fucker.

people clapping and saying congratulations is purely a reference to evangelion and not something people do normally... oh wait...

>Original character do not steal
>Totally not a ripoff guys

etc

oh wow so every time someone in sci fi gets put into ooze is a rip off from evangelion? someone better tell all those sci fi flicks from the 70's and 80's that they ripped off an anime from 1995

remember that time in dragon ball z where vegeta was suspended in ooze to get better from his fight, dragon ball z being made in the 80's? someone better tell akira toriyama that he ripped off an anime from 1995!!!

thats the hairstyle dumbass
what a fucking sin it is for anime fans to make characters with anime hairstyles

>never crosses the line
>a shot by shot remake of an anime fight isn't crossing the line

cant tell if just really retarded or a fanboy who has a extreme hard on for evangelion and sees it everywhere

thats a trope retard.
>a shot by shot remake
>because it used 2 similar frames
>shot by shot remake
lol

isnt that a hentai?

two frames similar, like, it could be worse, how about those times that naruto ripped off jackie chan and cowboy bebop?

Your definition of "shot-by-shot" is pretty loose

It's literally traced frame by frame.

People who think SU is anything more than a mishmash of shit stolen from various anime is ignorant.

so your argument is that steven universe references anime a lot? its like your whole argument is falling apart....

by 1 frame you retard. the fight isnt the same. but i guess its easier to search "steven universe anime references" instead of watching the show.
and like said this is done in anime too. but i guess since you hate SU its different,right?

Glad I dodged that bullet.

It's a homage for weebs who liked Utena (a story about a sword fighting lesbian and her tragic romance, because Pearl) which sort of matches the theme of the episode.

Man it's funny watching you desperate faggots get increasingly BTFO as it dawns to you that the people saying it's nothing but anime references are right and that you just don't know shit about anime.

>haha look at you retards, bringing up counterpoints. not like me where i just post gifs i took from google so i can prove you why im right about a show i hate. im not a retard at all.

hey retard i bet you think this video "exposes" steven universe for the rip off it is right.
youtube.com/watch?v=333sjeiu01Q

Yeah, anything is cool enough if you draw it as such. That doesn't mean the original was great itself, it just means in the hands of a good artist, they can salvage mediocre designs.

Reminder that The Simpsons have constantly "ripped off" scenes from classic movies but was never called out for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=rszVJFUNiKw
youtube.com/watch?v=r1sp14qNr0c
youtube.com/watch?v=O1L3rMBCaZA

It's not a painstakingly-crafted love letter homage to an old, forgotten anime, it's a straight up tracing of it because one of the story-boarders liked the scene and wanted to put it in their cartoon. It doesn't matter if it's two shots or fifteen.

That most definitely crosses not only "the rip off line", but many legal lines if anyone actually gave a shit.