Flintstones #11 Storytime

Second to final issue!

I'm still pissed at what happen to vacuum.

Aren't we all

I am so far behind, thanks for storytiming this stuff.

warning and spoiler: this issue contains hipsters.

You're welcome! I think the first trade is out now so you could pick it up if you're far enough behind and want to catch up.

well, first fucking page and we have a new reaction image already. Someone crop out Bambam from that last panel.

This feels sort of obvious.

Barney is the best friend.

do people like these hipsters actually exist?

fuck you, the Blue Man Group is awesome. Good joke tho.

I'm feeling that the Neighborhood Association is a reference to something, probably to a Nickelodeon show, since their studios are getting replaced with Blue Man Group places. But I might be overthinking it.

>anons destroy the universe

That got me

That's perfectly reasonable criteria.

>do people like these hipsters actually exist?
Yes, unfortunately.

>do people like these hipsters actually exist?
yeah, that's why they keep showing up in stuff

>Dino is a feetfag

I use to have a roommate like this.
He did make really good coffee, though.

And that's it you. Thank you for reading along and don't forget to support the official release if you liked it!

>I'm feeling that the Neighborhood Association is a reference to something
Home owners associations essentially brigades of cunt faced boomers with nothing better to do than file citations against their neighbors for planting the wrong species of grass on their lawns or painting their house a different color than everyone else.

It was an ok issue

Yep, they're pretty much the main driving force behind gentrification, which this issue is satirising.

yeah, not as good as the rest, but ok.
hipsters are just too easy to make fun of - just include them and it's a joke in itself. comes off as lazy.

I already see where this is going

>anons being sentenced to /trash/

>Yep, they're pretty much the main driving force behind gentrification, which this issue is satirising.

okay, I'm unaware of that. Care to explain for this uneducated user?

Fucking planet pimples...

Not him but lets see if I have this right
>limp wristed city slickers move to a smaller area because of it's charm or some such nonsense
>"wow this place is nice, gotta blog to my friends about this and tell them to move here too!"
>"yeah this place is great and all but is could use some of this"
>"yeah this place is great and all but I really wish we had a___"
and then they start changing the community

did i get it right?

Rich people goto a poor arera raises the value of the neighborhood poor people can't pay the price and have to move

It's just that, as far things that are plaguing modern society go, Hipsters is very low on the list, compared to other things he could be writing about.

so handsome

Hipsters richer than the lower income area they're moving into so they can feel chic and edgy tend to experience massive cost of living adjustments that the original inhabitants can't afford and thus have to leave. Remember the episode of King of the Hill with the Hipsters moving into Entique's neighborhood? That's happening in a lot of cities nowadays.

So I guess the series will end with Earth dying

The earth has been shown to be just fine in the future

The Lower East Side of Manhattan, where I've lived for the majority of my life, was once the territory best suited to low income housing, tenement buildings, and small 'mom and pop' stores.

Now they're putting up fucking luxury condos and hotels every couple blocks.

>hipsters move into a low-income area because rents are cheap and they're a bit poor
>businesses catering to hipsters open in the area
>this raises property values
>original inhabitants are forced out due to rising rents
>hipsters are eventually also forced out because the properties become more value as property than for rent
gentrification

That does look pretty gross, I wanna pop it.

TUUUUUUUUUBES

HIPS
ASS

And often the original inhabitants wont have enough for somewhere new, creating a significant homeless population.

>Ethics are just the choice between being an asshole or a sucker

Man I'm going to miss this book. I've never read anything so consistently hilariously cynical.

of course if you're talking about New York, they just get pushed somewhere else

>no, we pretty much kill people.
this is gold

This always irritates me.
Why can't it be that the poor somehow get better off for superior property values?

Once the crack dens are replaced by Starbucks they get swept off to another poor area no one wants? How is that fair jeez.

because they don't actually own the property due to being poor

to be fair this is basically not that satirical, cause its literally just them.
no exageration, they're actually THAT shitty.

but they're not actually the problem, they're just vaguely annoying

Gazoo is the hero we deserve, but not the hero we need

>all those platform shoes
>female is as tall without the platforms
Haw!

capitalism funnels a nation's wealth up, not down. Praise Ford.

No, ither way around.

it's just Machiavellian political theory.
But it is protrayed really nicely in the comic all the way through

imdb's quote page says otherwise

Gazoo isn't Batman

planting different type of seed can be bad for the plantations in the neighborhood. It can totally fuck up to soil near and around, so that's actually a fair concern imo

he's bedrock's green knight

If you're middle or upper class then yeah, they're just annoying.

If you're lower or working class though, then no they're definitely the problem.

no, they're a symptom

the real problem is property owners who raise rents and property developers who raise general cost of living in response to hipsters

>final issue
Oh god fucking damn it. The world is unfair

don't worry, Russell will return in TOP CAT

The great gazoo will protect your earth, but only if you say "Thanks, Mr. Gazoo"

GRAND DAD

And the problem wouldn't exist if the hipsters didn't.

I thought he was doing Snagglepuss.

that one, yes. my bad

yes, it would

hipsters are just a new flavor of yuppie, and yuppies are eternal

/our dinousaur/

Where can I find the previous storytimes, archive?

Also is this the one with the really edgy barney

No, it's better this way.
Let it end before it gets stale and uninspired. The deluxe volumes will be available in the future, and people will love the comic, as it will be easy to pick up, with a beginning, middle, and end. Giving comics a needed boost again to be seen as literature.

But if poor people are driven out because of the rising rents, and hipsters/yuppies eventually can't afford to live there anymore, what's going to happen next? Are you just going to have whole areas of high-value empty houses?

>Are you just going to have whole areas of high-value empty houses?
yes

Got a chuckle considering his origins.

lusty argonian maid running around without clothes

oh do we ever

Ayup. Have you looked at real estate prices lately?

and then, right as the homeless squatters start to creep in to get off the streets the whole thing gets bulldozed over to make a mall, which means nobody can live there ever again

I assume at some point the property values would drop, starting the cycle all over again.

That's a murdering face om Fred right there.

young people make less adjusted for inflation than they did 30-40 years ago so its up to old people or foreigners to keep buying property as "investments" driving up the price further while no one actually lives there more than a couple weeks out of the year.

the whole industry is based on nothing but if people ever realized that a lot of people would be out of jobs and a lot of money would be lost

>those bulges

>"Flintstones"

I could have sworn it was always "Flinstones"

Wtf..