Why does he get so much hate?

He's beaten Superman, and he owns over 70% of the planet. Why does he still get shit on?

He's Aquaman.

Even if his movie is a giant success, he's still going to get a measure of shit because he's Aquaman.

I love Aquaman but I hate Aquapologists. Makes me cringe every time.

Not arguing, just curious.

When has he beaten supes?

People think lots of superheroes are jokes. Superman, Batman, Spider-Man and Captain America have been made fun of recently and will again. Stop acting like Aquaman is a special case.

Family Guy

This is the best portrayal of Aquaman, fight me

Cause normies don't actually know about him, they just know him as "the guy who can only fight in water"

I will fight you only because Aquaman finds the thrill of battle OUTRAGEOUS!

And in Batman the brave and the bold he's the funniest fucking character ever

he talks to fish

Family Guy and Super Friends.

the old shitty filmation cartoon and Seth McFarlane

You forgot he also has the best relationship

Lame weakness, super lame depiction in Superfriends that the character still hasn't lived down, then DC trying WAY too hard to convince us that he's totally badass.

That's why Johns' run was painful, at least in the early issues. Abnett is having that problem as well.

not gonna lie the more "totally epic Aquaman" moments I see the lamer he becomes

on the flip-side the Brave and the Bold version of him is pretty cool

>Lame weakness
I'll bite. What's that?

OUTRAGEOUS!

He's never been able to get away from his portrayal in Super Friends
When people look at Aquaman they don't see the super strong, super tough, mer-man all they see is a regular dude that can talk to fish and that's it

It's just cool to hate on him. The media portray him as lame all because of his appearance in Super Friends.

They fought in one of Abnett's earlier Rebirth issues.

Atlantis doesn't really stretch over the entire seafloor, does it?

basically superfriends and then family guy made the hate modern

You know, he doesn't really rule the entire sea. just the continent of Atlantis. And for some reason writers tend to forget it's a continent with many cities and depict only the capital as the entirety of Atlantis.

I never hear anyone make fun of Aquaman, honestly. At most I get older people who remember Super Friends, but admit to knowing nothing about the character and willing to learn.

I don't know, I find a lot of people that know a lot about Aquaman and like him a lot but do fully admit the Super Friends version is a complete joke and a loser, cause let's be honest he is

Aquaman being shit is pretty much a meme due to Super Friends and Family Guy.

>Even if his movie is a giant success
pretty big "if"

Yeah, being strong is the only reason to like a character.

Honestly, I could see it being a relatively big success, normies seem to be eating up "Cool Guy Aquaman" so if they like him in Justice League I can see it being a success

Oh for sure, my point was that people see how blatantly mocking it was. (supersploitation?)

If fucking Ant-Man and Doctor Strange could be successes, Aquaman definitely can.

The mistake people are making is thinking everyone outside the internet are also big fanboys for all this company wars crap when no one actually cares.

You can't try to be cool, you're either cool or you're not
Aquaman isn't cool, and harder people try to prove he's a total badass no really, the less cool he becomes
You wanna like Aquaman? That's fine, but accept the fact he'll never be cool and move on

Mera will probably contribute a lot to its success if they nail the relationship even though Mera is being played by Worst Girl.

They're not eating up "Cool Guy Aquaman", they're eating up Jason Momoa, because Jason Momoa is cool

I think getting a new costume would help him. Whenever I look at Aquaman I think of a goldfish with seaweed stuck to it.

He should ditch the trident too. Super powerful heroes like him and Wonderwoman using weapons just seems totally pointless other than to try to make them look cool

This sums up the problem pretty well.

I felt Bunn had the right idea giving him a variety of powers through his trident, despite the run in general sucking.

only casuals don't enjoy aquaman, he's had some awesome runs and people miss out on it because of jokes and other people forming opinions for you, read the shit yourself and then judge if a character is "cool" or not

orange shirt and green pants... need more?

>only casuals don't enjoy aquaman
It's literally only the faggots on here. Most casuals feel hook line and sinker for the Aquakhal casting.

Brave and the Bold really was the best Aquaman, everything else is either a redundant loser or "Elder God's are sea creatures, muh Aquaman controlling Cthulhu so strong and powerful XD" which always comes off as forced and lame

I honestly think it's just subconscious. It's like, dude's name is AQUAman and he quickly dies if he's out of touch with water, like, imagine if Batman actually slept in his cave upside down and used his sonar. Makes him sound like not a founding member of Justice League, but C list villain.

He once tried to fuck a dolphin. Thanks Peter David.

To be fair its a very fuckable dolphin.