What is the Sup Forums equivalent?

what is the Sup Forums equivalent?

Other urls found in this thread:

rebeccasugar.tumblr.com/post/148948785403/smoky-quartz-this-was-a-3rd-pass-on-smokys
egloos.zum.com/cagetu/v/5966240
youtube.com/watch?v=krbFgDzlx44
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're really trying to make this a thing

This just looks like concept art vs final product, which, if its something that disappoints you, means you're an idiot

SU

Equivalent of what?

Steven Universe

I completely forgot about this game, what happened to it?

>this compared to the actual show
i don't even watch it and i feel disappointed

I really wish they knew how to animate. It's so shitty compared to what it could be. There is no reason for it to be so bad.

So why didn't they do this instead of making everything ugly?

I still think the pilot looks ugly, just a different kind of ugly than just "excusing the storyboarders and Koreans with the 'It's a style' excuse" kind of ugly.

>SU animators can't make characters or even an episode look consistent with an overly simple, minimalistic artsyle.

I can't imagine how much they would fuck up with the pilot's artsyle

the amount of detail was apparently harder to animate so they had to do simpler design choices.

>pilot Pearl actually looks like a dyke
woah

SIMPLER

Probably because the budget necessary to keep it looking decent enough beyond a dozen episodes would be really high.

Literally every current airing series on CN right now is either flash-made or with a simple easy to animate artsyle like AT, RS or Clarence

that pic on the right can't be real
they're like little babbys

I am so glad I didn't pay for this shit to happen.

The original design was so adorable and perfect, I can't even watch the rest.

It's in development. They post small updates occasionally

There's supposed to be a beta for campaign backers coming soon.

What is Gumball?

Exactly, it's not a lack of detail. It's to total and complete lack of skill. The animation is notoriously bad and didn't benefit from getting lazy with character design.

If anything it got worse post season 1.

SIMPLER

I'm not giving them excuses for their shit proportions and general animation. I'm just saying that's what they did

this looks 10x better than the fucking fat cat they ended up with on the 3rd pass

Does Rebecca enable these shitty animations and drawings or does she really not have a choice on how the final product looks? CN must have her by the balls.

Imagine how she must feel having her dreams bastardized like this.

I am far beyond the point of losing any additional hope for this

bigger image because I'm dumb rn

>meanwhile in Season 1 SU

Smokey Quartz is disgusting and her personality flies in the face of her design.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7FBm-Y24_A

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvGJCLyLhd4

Wait what happened with this, did they get a new artist?

I 100% believe that she doesn't give a shit about the show anymore.

I don't have a picture, but I feel like a comparison between the BTAS and TNBA designs would look like that

So what went wrong? Did they fire someone or multiple people?Jasper did not deserve to go out like that. I mean everything from the plot armor not letting her lay a finger on quartz because of the random power boost, chibi Peridot laughing in the background, the chip tune in the background, and that constant shitty puns and quips. So fucking bad

Is this image from Rebecca Sugar?
Does this confirm that she actually reads the wiki pages for the stones and incorporates it into their character?

She has been pushing the team to specifically design and animate this way since the beginning. She's hands off as hell and it just conviently makes her life easy. You have to remember that she's never actually be employed as an animator.

Jesus, what happened?

I never really gave a shit about Indivisible, but I can honestly say the one thing I like about it was the art style. It looks like's been entirely neutered.

Gumball is the exception to the rule and the people making it actually care about the final product

You can tell a soul was taken when the shadow is missing.

Stronger Than You is so kino. How could they fuck the show up so bad?

>Stronger Than You is so kino

You've got some pretty low standards, man.

Man, she used to be cute

While I know conceptart is usually more detailed, removing all shading and highlights from the final product seems just lazy.

it's from her tumblr, mate
rebeccasugar.tumblr.com/post/148948785403/smoky-quartz-this-was-a-3rd-pass-on-smokys

it could have been other people looking up wiki stuff but it ended up in the design somehow

the chiptune is from steven's theme. iirc most fusions will have the mix of the gem's themes. Like Sardonyx has Pearl's piano and Garnet's synth bass

>Rebecca has almost 0 involment in the episode making process
>Ian left
>Zuke went on a power trip with all the characters and got kicked
>They hired artists literally straight from tumblr

I think that's pretty much it

I still have huge problems with Stronger Than You. But I understand thinking it's good. When everything else in the show is between a 1 and a 3 and then a 7 gets tossed in, it's hard to catch that it's still not that good. Just better than the shit you had to wade through to get to it.

No you just have different interests and tastes than I do. No reason to get into a pointless argument over nothing user.

Stronger Than You was so hype when I watched it with /sug/, I was smiling like an idiot the entire time.

No, I very much enjoyed it. One of my favourite cartoon season finales.

The irony is that they fired the guy who did the backgrounds for season 1 because it was "too expensive to pay his salary" but then went to a bunch of literal who tumblr artists

And yeah Rebecca does fuck all in the show now and her laziness shows in the plot.

>This ship is going down!
>What about Lapis?
>Who gives a fuck?

I don't mind that you like Stronger Than You, I just think you're using "pure Kino" kind of loosely here.

I'm pretty sure most people use "pure kino" loosely

It's not like she could get hurt anyway. They're fucking light projections. The only damage they could get is if they do a hard crack on their gem and steven could just fix that

>taking kino exclamations sooper serious
what are you doing user? Either way, I enjoyed it very much and it was one of my favourite cartoon moments.

The backgrounds were some of the coolest fucking things about the show.

i understand simplifying cuts time and cost from animating but damn, putting out that prototype and then showing the final product is gonna be less than that visually just sucks
Shantae took 3 years for a quick platformer but that art is fucking immaculate

>redesign adopts the face

Why.

>she falls on a hard rock from space
>her gem shatters into a thousand pieces
now what?

Yep! The show has no redeeming qualities now. Even the songs (are there even songs now?) are so bad compared to season 1

they had a playable demo which used the old artstyle.

Word

>tfw just noticed Bee accidentally popping her umbrella was a boner joke

Maybe they would just scoop up her parts then lick them.

Left doesn't look like something I'd especially love but I mean, I like it. I respect it. It looks like a show I would at least watch if it was on.

>literall no one complains about the character design
>change it for no fucking erason
>fuck up the proportions in the process

WHY DID THEY HAVE TO FIRE THE BACKGROUND GUY?!

I blame the jews

Sugar gets insanely jealous

Simplified details so it can be animated easier.

Which had only four characters, whose designs are mostly staying the same.

I know I'm just swallowing bait on this one, but the number of people complaining about the final character sprites just drives me nuts.

Like, you fucking morons do realize they're flat colors because Lab Zero's engine has dynamic lighting, right?

It looks to me that the top are character portraits while the bottom are the actual sprites. The simpler shading is required for animation (watch any pre-cgi cartoon, you can easily tell the difference between the painted backgrounds and the actual animated characters by the simpler shading).

The Pilot Gems were men.

The gems were originally going to be boys, not sure why the changed.

>The Pilot Gems were men.
Uhh... no.

you do realize that dynamic light on 2D objects makes it look like cardboard cut outs, right?
even in 3D you need integrated shades on the mesh in order for the alpha mask look pleasing and well integrated instead of a weird origami cut out with a lightbulb over it.

Wait I got a question

So in the fight with Jasper the big reveal was that there was a pink diamond and it's heavily suggested Rose killed her but we don't know for certain

But why doesn't Stephen ask the gems? Wouldn't Pearl and Garnet know?

Kino doesn't even mean anything you dumb idiot, it's a word used for cinema in other countries that Sup Forums forced as a meme.

You must be a few episodes behind user.

It maybe be a unpopular opinion but Smorkey Quatz is my favorite fusion

Skullgirls used dynamic lighting and it looks fine

egloos.zum.com/cagetu/v/5966240

Gumball is flash animated with supplementary CGI.

>talking straight out of his ass
Lab Zero already knows what dynamic light on 2D objects looks like... cause they already did it for Skullgirls which consistently gets praised for its art style and design execution.

>The before was ten times better
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING! DROPPED!

take a wild guess at what skullgirls also did.
take a wild guess about what this was about you fucking morons.

It's a model sheet, they don't use shading or even add final details for the model sheet. Pic related uses a completely different staff model in-game.

Do you seriously think the cannons on the pirate will be finalized as literally two grey rectangles?

for comparison
youtube.com/watch?v=krbFgDzlx44

>something completely unrelated to the dynamic lighting argument
I honestly don't care, you can go be autistic about that on Sup Forums or /r9k/

No, you are entirely wrong. The bottom drawings are taken from model sheets posted to their twitter. As in, simple, neutral drawings of each character with no shading, because their purpose is for the animators to reference them so they can keep everything on model. The actual sprites will have shading.
Sup Forums was going apeshit about how they were all standing in the same pose and how there wasn't any shading. Even though they're model sheets. Christ.

Well, they look like shit now. I'm glad I didn't give them any fucking money.

Sup Forums knows nothing about games

This one hurts the most. Bee's pilot design was so nice.
It killed any investment in the show for me which is good because it apparently took like 3 years or whatever to finally come out and ended up being mediocre. Shame on you Natasha.

Here's concept art for Trollhunters

Clearly Sup Forums doesn't either, considering some people in this thread thought the final sprites would have flat colors like that. Though that's moreso because Sup Forums doesn't know shit about animation, since model sheets are a very obvious staple in the animation industry. Irony.

Holy shit

I haven't even seen the show and I can already tell that fatty on the right is the worst character

user, that was proof for his argument. He's making the argument () that the reason Skullgirls looks less like cardboard cutouts, despite using 3D dynamic lighting, is because they took the time to 3-tone shade the sprites alongside the dynamic lighting to add intergrated depth for otherwise flat drawings.

Common practice if you've ever fucked with low-poly 3d, you bake textures using ambient lighting to get pre-determined lighting all the time.

Well that's all irrelevant anyway because like said these aren't sprites in the first place

You're right, jumped the gun, once again proving Sup Forums cant into google. Guess he just wanted to teach us something.

Man, for what this site bitch about how retarded reddit, tumblr, facebook, etc are, it's full of retards