OK so can somebody explain this whole Savitar timeline to me?

OK so can somebody explain this whole Savitar timeline to me?
It just sounds so convoluted at this point that it seems that they're just making up shit at this point.
It's like the whole thing is a paradox.

The writers are shit, theres your explanation

The whole thing is a bootstrap paradox. Its not a hard concept if you understand time travel tropes

Well yeah, I get that. It's just...Stupid.

You're watching the CW, whos the real idiot here?

Probably you because you're getting tushy toasted over what somebody else does with their time.

Barry one day had a bad break up, and it destroyed him

After a 40 minute argument brought on by a simple misunderstanding, several heart felt stares were shared resulting in an emotional break up, one person said they can't trust the other person anymore, even though they were completely in the wrong, and boom barry's face exploded, he put on a fat metal suit, and Savitar was born.

Oh and this all began in a crossover event that started in the last 30 seconds of supergirl, even though it was made to seem like it would be a major part of the episode.

Barry creates several time remnants to fight Savitar, "most" which are killed by him. A lone time remnant escapes, horribly scarred and driven insane by his own existence, and goes on to become Savitar, thus creating the John Connor paradox.

>Barry becomes Savitar at some point in the far future
>Travels back to do battle with his past self
>Defeated and trapped in the Speedforce forever
>RF travels back and kills Barry's mom (S1), creating a new timeline
>Events of S1&2 lead this Barry to create Flashpoint (and destroy it with help of RF-remnant)
>Savitar uses Wally to escape thanks to Flashpoint and goes on to kill Iris before being trapped again
>Barry sees this future and vows to stop it
>Visits the dead-Iris future to learn about Savitar
>Returns to present with future information, setting a new timeline that'll lead to the season finale
Which timeline Savitar first originates from is up to debate but based on what he says when he escapes, it is pre-Flashpoint.

The timeline is a Mobius Strip.

Yeah. I get that it's a John Connor/Bootstrap paradox, I just haven't been able to figure out where the "starting point " is in the whole thing.
I really like the show, but it's clumsy writing like this that has been hampering my enjoyment of it.
Every season so far we have this big build up to a climax, and so far every one of them has fallen flat.

So why hasn't any of the team members sent Iris to another earth for protection, or locked Barry in one of the cube at STAR labs until the whole thing has blown over?
Surely that would throw a wrench into the mix?

And what about Jay? He's taken Wally''s place, and Wally had taken Savatar's place.

They'd have to lock him up for decades
He's in the finale scene so he gets out

He is the future barry, what is to explain?

I don't see how that would help. It is not like Savitar/future barry cannot travel between earths if he wanted.

Savatar is pissed because Barry trapped him in the speed force, but he trapped him in the speed force because he was Savatar. But he was Savatar because he was trapped in the speed force...

But. Savatar is Barry.
I'm just trying to figure out where it starts. If it does.

I dunno. I'm just trying to think of a way to solve all of this.

Remove Barry's legs. If he can't run, he can't become Savitar and Iris won't die.

Does anyone else think the solution is going to be Barry doing another reset with time?

The solution will be what it always is, run faster.

>you have to skip backwards and do a tripple flip into the speedforce barry, it's the only way!
just once

As much as I hate to say it, I wish they'd just go with the bad guy of the week format next season. Leave all these overreaching arcs alone for once.

Theory time.

Savitar Barry Timeline, Pre Flashpoint:

Eobard kills Iris, Barry goes back to stop him, Eobard follows him. It becomes a loop of Thawne killing Iris multiple times with Barry failing to save her. Barry tries to go to the future to kill Thawne before he becomes RF, but the strain of going that far is too much for him, scars his face, and erases his memories. Stranded in the future, all he can remember is that fast guys in suits are bad and creates armor from future tech.

He goes to the past, after Flashpoint occurs, for the first time and sees Barry. He thinks if he kills Iris he stops the bad fast guy in the suit, but just as he kills Iris for the first time, he regains his memories and, upon realizing he just killed the woman he loves, his mind utterly snaps.

Now he's trying to recreate another Savitar by killing Iris so that the two can team up, kill Thawne and save Savitar's Iris from death.

He believes he is justified because if his Iris never dies, he never goes to the future to become Savitar, and thus his killing of Iris in any time never happened and his crimes will be erased.

christ, he's like an addict.
>just one more reset mannn, I'll quit cold turkey
>oh wait cisco's brother is still dead
>one more hit
>my family is still dead
>just one more fix and I'm clean i swear

Personally I think Future Barry is the one we saw in Pre-Flashpoint, the one who stops RF from killing kid Barry way back in the past.

When Flashpoint occurred that Barry fled into the Speed Force to stay alive, which is how he got so fast. Then he sees current Barry fix his mistake, but in the process sees the changes ripple forward into the Speed Force and find out that not only does Iris die, but he still doesn't exist. Que mental break and the formation of Savatar.

Just like with Eddie. If he kill himself he saves Iris.

if savitar's origin is pre-flashpoint, why does he remember all of the events happening in the current timeline, down to what dialogue will be said?

Is Savitar a "fuck you" to DCEU Flash?

The ORIGINAL Flash? God, I hope not. Original Flash turning out to be a crazy evil murderer would be fucking terrible. I mean, I already hate the idea of Barry being Savitar, but they've made OG Flash seem like "THE" Flash, having been hit by the lightning later, and being a better hero, more competent, more independent, as Thawne said a dozen times.
This would just shit all over that, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised.

Elaborate?

The armor, future Barry kind of looking more like Ezra Miller, blue lightning.

It's a stretch, I know, but it just feels like it to me.

He was inside the speedforce, he probably saw everything that can and will happen.

Alternatively, he can connect his mind with other Barrys' minds and look through their memories.