Azula thread

Post Azula. Discuss Azula. Theorize on what makes her best girl. Teach other anons about Azula, and then explain why she did nothing wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4kXXTe6M1PE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A little monster that had to be put down sooner than later.

"B-but mommy didn't hug me enough!"

Fuck it!

I want to impregnate her.

Will we ever find out what the fuck happened to her?

This. You know you're fucked when even IROH doesn't believe there's good in you anymore.

No, you guys are wrong.

You see, Azula didn't actually had a choice. She HAD to be the way she is. The other option is to be labelled a failure like her brother and kicked out of the Fire nation, or worst.

Stop it. She is pure.

A pure slut.

I want her to impregnate me

>socially retarded
>probably never went to school and only had private lessons
>war starts, her life turns on a literal battlefield
No, there is no way possible for her to be a slut.

I feel bad for Azula. She wasn't a "monster" as a little child (no more than Toph is for example). She's very ruthless as a teenager, but that's her culture and she's doing it for her homeland/family (like every other member of the Fire Nation military), on top of having internalized all of Ursa's abuse.

She gets no resolution as a character. She just "goes crazy" and made into a lame 2d boogeyman. Probably the least amount of resolution of any of the major cast. Even Ozai is allowed to sit in prison with dignity ffs.

And yet she found a way.

fuck off scrapper

Ha, you wish. It was proven twice that people actually like Azula.

probably because shes a psycho

Someone post pregnant broodmare Azula since that's literally her only worth.

People like you should simply leave the thread.

The writers randomly made her develop psychosis where she is haunted by her abusive mother. Then she stops hallucinating when she starts trying to live through her brother instead (in the most stupid hamfisted way).

She has a lot of complex pain that should be dealt with instead of just being treated as a foil.

I got accused of being scrapper the other day. Wtf.

how was she abused by her mother

Her mother considered her a monster at < 9, and generally was extremely emotionally neglectful (see the Search pt 2). She talks to Zuko and listens to Zuko's thoughts/feelings but cuts Azula off (Zuko Alone) or just ignores her unless Azula acts up (Search pt 2).
Its a more subtle, emotional form of abuse vs. Ozai's more physical and blatant abuse of Zuko, but it still really hurt Azula. Azula's not the type of person to say when something really hurts her (does she even talk about how much her friends leaving her hurt?), but she did say her mother's treatment hurt her.

>I got accused of being scrapper the other day. Wtf.
They do that when they cannot argue with proof of Azula's inocence.

So.. to have Azula it was rape or something? that's a good headcanon to explain it.

What do you mean? Ursa's whole marriage to Ozai was less-than-willing and yeah there was probably some degree of marital rape going on, but I'd assume this is the case for Zuko too. Either way their relationship didn't really go south until later (as far as we know).

I think Ursa projects onto Azula the way Ozai does with Zuko. Ozai is very fond of Azula and I think he relates to her somewhat. They are both second children and arguably more talented than their older siblings with the "birthright". Ursa sees Ozai's closeness to Azula just like Ozai saw Ursa's closeness with Zuko.

>implying there is anything wrong with being scared of the fact that your daughter is a budding sociopath

Let's not pretend that Azula didn't torture and kill turtle ducks when she was a child.

Fuck off Scrapper, your waifu is trash and so are you

Azula is best when she's acknowledged her purpose.

>their relationship didn't really go south until later
We are shown that for some time Ozai was actually a good dad to Zuko.

Only when Azula came that he changed, for whatever reason.

>Carl
>With a woman under the age of 50
>Whom he didn't have to pay

>Let's not pretend that Azula didn't torture and kill turtle ducks when she was a child.

She doesn't. The worst thing you can say is maybe she threw bread too roughly, but she was a little kid (and we are also hearing it secondhand from Zuko who might be exaggerating for comedic effect).
Little kids are often a bit rough, I see no evidence of torture.

>They are both second children and arguably more talented than their older siblings

Iroh was a better fighter than Ozai. Ozai was a stupid little shit and Azulon knew it. That's why he had to kill his dad to get the throne.

He holds at least some dislike for Zuko because Zuko was such an awful bender. Its because of Ursa's intercession (and the Fire Sages) he didn't adopt Zuko out to begin with.
The Search establishes that his anger and distaste for Zuko is rooted at least in part in Ursa turning away from him. As Ursa's heart strays more (not that she was ever 100% there to begin with, but I think she gave it her best try), he hates Zuko more. (No thanks to Ursa's stupid stupid fake letter just why). Once Ursa leaves, Zuko is skating on very thin ice until he is banished entirely.

I think also he projects onto Azula a bit. That's why he reacts so angrily when Zuko tries to lecture Azula about bending fundamentals or whatever. Zuko, like Iroh, has "birthright" from being the firstborn. Azula is undoubtedly more talented, just as Ozai probably perceives himself to be. He resents Zuko for having "birthright" over Azula, much like Iroh does over him.

tyzula otp

Does Ozai see it that way though? Or does Ozai see himself as being more talented and Iroh as being a washed up kooky "failure"? I think the show and comics suggest the latter. He calls Iroh a failure, and young Azula calls him a kook even during the siege of Ba Sing Se (and as she's a little kid she's likely just repeating what she heard).

At any rate, Ozai gets super defensive when it comes to Zuko trying to take Azula down a peg.

>tyzula otp
No.

Aside from being heterosexual, Ty Lee hurts Azula way way too horribly to ever be a love interest.

Azula deserves better.

>Aside from being heterosexual

Irrelevant.

Avatar characters can go straight to gay in less than 30 seconds.

Because Scrapper is with her.

They bonded over a love of Queen.
youtube.com/watch?v=4kXXTe6M1PE
Personally I always imagined Azula enjoying Fleetwood Mac

Azula is crazy and cute.

remember that episode where she was a wizard?

especially flustered!Azulaxflirtatious!TyLee

Ty lee doesn't know what she is doing. It's not her fault.

>Avatar characters can go straight to gay in less than 30 seconds.
Can they go from being horrible reminders of a traumatic time to being sources of emotional support and growth in 30 seconds too?

Because if not, Tyzula is still bad.

Azula needs unconditional love more than anything else.

Me and my fourteen hundred TyZula pics agree.

Hey Scrapper, check it out! Fen Zuko has BIGGER tits and is waaay better girl than Azula!

Azula is unstable viscous and insanely powerful. She needs a friend who can keep her in check.

Hey guys, why was Scrapper perma-banned? I mean he's obviously a little autisitc going off of the Azula threads, but what did he do?

>randomly made her develop psychosis

I absolutely LOVED that part. As she grow up she started to look more and more like her mother. She looked at herself in the mirror and saw her mother.

I'm so happy to see that you guys are finally seeing what I have been preaching about for years. Azula is the perfect daughter and will continue to be the source of inspiration for women for eons to come.

Nah thats garbage.

Also beating someone when they are restrained is abusive, obviously. I like Ty Lee, she might be one of my favorite characters, but even if we want to pretend that she's a stealth lesbian/bisexual there is no future relationship. She is so afraid of Azula she gets physically abusive at the first sign of emotional instability, and Azula is so traumatized by her friends abandoning her it furthers that emotional instability.

Scrapper, old pal, I never disagreed with you. I may have teased you here and there, but I love Azula as much as you.

Scrapper was banned 50 times for various reasons which resulted in a permaban

Although I am not Scrapper I appreciate the sentiment.

Yeah, maybe. But seeing her abusive mother in the mirror might be enough to cause her a lot of pain, but not enough to make her start having visual/auditory hallucinations.
Its like they can't establish how hurt she is outside of just giving her random paranoid schizophrenia. It would be fine if said mental illness was handled with like 100% more care, but instead its used to make her more scary and emphasize her fallen nature.
Its ugly.

Ozai probably had an inflated sense of his talent, but it seems to stem (in the show at least) from his jealousy of Iroh, whom his father clearly favored just in that one conversation they had about his birthright. Iroh's only known defeat was at Ba Sing Se at the time, and though Iroh puts up a kooky act after that, his military reputation was still clearly respected by many people who knew of him as the Dragon of the West.

And like said, it's probably because he projects onto Azula as the second child who is at the mercy of an "undeserving" first child's birthright. Which is funny since Azula has more in common with pre-siege Iroh. Maybe that's why he wasn't as fond of her.

Every single person who sees any depth or nuance to Azula's character outside of "born 100% super evil" is "Scrapper".

>Azula has more in common with pre-siege Iroh.

We never see pre-siege Iroh though (wish we had). But he's called " His Royal Tea-Loving Kookiness" during the siege by Azula (in Zuko Alone, pre-death of Lu Ten). So he already had a reputation with Azula (and also I would assume with Ozai) as a "kook", and Azula (and I would assume Ozai as well) thinks Ozai would be a better Fire Lord because of it.
(I assume Ozai and Azula are on the same page because kids that age usually mimic their parents opinions, and she's much closer to Ozai.)

And Iroh during the siege already doesn't seem fond of Azula, considering he gives Zuko that one-of-a-kind pearl dagger and Azula gets a glorified barbie. (lol Iroh).

Because they are blind.

Azula died a virgin ins an insane asylum, this is canon.

Good.

She is a vilain, she is a sociopath, and she deserves to suffer.

No it isn't you dumb piece of shit.

She has Ty lee to look out for her and take care of her needs.

She escapes the insane asylum and as far as we know never goes back. She mostly recovers by letting go of her old life entirely, accepting her existence as only the 'monster' her mother saw her as, and shaping Zuko's reign as like a shadow behind the throne or some stupid garbage. (That's how paranoid schizophrenia works right?)

Total garbage hack bs, but there you have it. ATLA "canon". Smoke & Shadow is the worst ATLA comic to date.

Ty Lee doesn't take care of her or her needs, she abuses her. Abuse isn't cute and fluffy. Are Tyzula shippers all retarded?

You're wrong

Like I am a vivacious shoujo manga reader and the way Tyzula fanart is always shown so saccharine in contrast to the total absolute toxicity of canon makes me sick.

At least be honest about it. Tyzula is Ty Lee physically abusing Azula while Azula sinks further and further into despair forever. If you ship Tyzula, at least be able to embrace that. Not "uwu just two cute gurls bein gurls~~~" Gross.

>sexual bullying

>Tyzula is Ty Lee physically abusing Azula while Azula sinks further and further into despair forever.

Where the fuck did you come up with that?

see Or just read the Search volume 1, pg 18-19. I am right. Ty Lee and Azula are not the same people they were at 8 years old. Or even the same people they were at 15.
I like Ty Lee on her own. Mixed with Azula she's poison. Azula brings out the absolute worst of Ty Lee and vice versa. (At least post breakdown, tbf). Even their adolescent friendship was on very shaky ground considering how fast it fell apart on Ty Lee's side. (Not blaming Ty Lee at all, mind).

Tyzula shippers don't see any of the fallout or toxic character dynamics, they just see "two gals bein pals" and decide it would be hot if they had sex together. I want to say that Tyzula shippers must be males thinking with their dicks, but I don't usually think of shipping as a male thing.

Your taking the fun out of my memeing

She raised an spirit army

She is at her most attractive when chained to a fucking grate and is clearly losing her shit.

Those dragonblasts and the screaming/crying got me rock hard.

Fixxer's comic, perhaps

Search vol 1, 18-19, aka the current state of the Ty Lee and Azula relationship.

Ty Lee fears Azula, so she physically assaults Azula the second she sees Azula throw some tea on the ground (in spite of Azula being restrained).
Azula takes this assault (and Ty Lee's betrayal in general) extremely personally, former friends-turned-enemies is one of her deepest pains in the series. (She doesn't really even manifest paranoid schizophrenia til after her friends leave).

To be fair of course, Ty Lee's intense fear of Azula is rooted in Azula's past abuse of Ty Lee. But that just makes Zuko all the more retarded to set Ty Lee as a guard there anyway. Why use Kyoshi warriors as guards at all, if you have former Fire Nation warriors like Ty Lee involved? How goofy.
But look at Tyzula fanart and you see some kind of idealized cutsie bullshit that never existed in canon, and certainly is about the polar opposite to their current relationship.

Except it's completely unfounded. Azula just wanted to be friends while Mai and Ty Lee still fear her.

Zucest is canon.

>s-she didn't have a choice!
>lists her other choice

Ozai already did that. Daddy's favorite and all.

The child will lead the new Ozai society and eventually overthrow zuko's pathetic and weak willed progeny.

What's unfounded?
Yes, Azula wants friendship, but she wants unconditional friendship which Ty Lee already proves she cannot give. (Azula falsely believes this is because they don't fear her enough, because she thinks fear is the only way you can get loyalty).

There was never any platonic love for Azula on Ty Lee's side.

Both characters would need a ton of growth and healing done separately before they can ever be put together. And what's the point? So you can look at "two pretty gurls"?

Explains a lot about her actually. Started early on her I guess.

Azula's a great villain and I enjoy seeing her being a terrible person to everyone she meets.

Does it? I think their dynamic is better understood when Ozai sees Azula as a younger/female version of himself.
At most, she can be the sort of co-ruler/Queen he wished he had, but I cannot see it sexual. Azula shows no signs of sexual abuse and in some cases she shows the opposite. "Playing favorites" can be a sign of sexual abuse, but then what about Ursa/Iroh's favoritism towards Zuko?

Like do we have to take away the one person in Azula's life she hasn't entirely emotionally lost and make him into a weird pedophile/hebebophile?

Well her brother takes care of her now.

This is Sup Forums.

Boys should only love other boys, gurls should only love other girls, adult people should only love young children and the ONLY relationship that siblings can have is incest.

Hot.

No I just want Azula to be happy.

Also all these incest fags need to shoot themselves.

>see Azula thread
>91 responses
>immediately ctrl+f "Scrapper"
>11 results

heh

Scrapper has become synonymous with Azula.

The other choice is basically death. We're talking about a 13yo here. You can't demmand people to be heroes.

What a miserable fate for Azula. Even an incestuous broodmare like her deserves better.

>What a miserable fate for Azula. Even an incestuous broodmare like her deserves better.

Can you fuck off with your retarded fapfiction?

I want her to be happy and healthy too, I can't think of a single major character to get more screwed over by the canon. Ozai at least gets some dignity in his prison cell (even though he flips out seeing Ursa back).
Ty Lee doesn't make Azula happy though, at all. Ty Lee hurts Azula horribly. She's one of the worst choices possible you could pick to be Azula's healing buddy, because her toxic relationship with Azula is the worst in the series atm. She's fearful of Azula and physically abusive toward Azula and brings up nothing but emotional pain for Azula.

Better healing buddies include Ozai (as co-healers), Zuko (because even if he pains Azula, he wants what is best for Azula I think), Lo and Li (I guess).....Aang (bending Jesus)....that's it. If you want a romantic partner for Azula to be healed by, you need to make up some OC. Kai Lo could have been a good choice if they didn't just randomly use him on Mai for no reason (just to make Zuko jealous?)

She was actually 11.

Hey man, just because you don't like the canon don't go around yelling at people about it.

It isn't canon, you dumbfuck.