They make so many cartoons that empower girls. Are there any that empower boys?

They make so many cartoons that empower girls. Are there any that empower boys?

youtube.com/watch?v=qseEdAOWoWE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i_j4BlrDO7k
youtube.com/watch?v=iw1lopxNmVc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We did, it's called the eighties

well that was a short thread

>Tfw because feminists bitched about "toxic masculinity" we can't have anymore big, buff, take no shit heroes with big ass swords and guns

I hate SWJ/feminism2.0 as much as the next guy but most cartoons are empowering us op, and I think most of us can agree with that.

HE-MAN!

But weren't most of those cartoons kind of gay? Did anyone really think He-Man was a badass?

Most male characters in cartoons are stupid and used as butt monkeys.

I had a similar discussion with a friend of mine who loudly questioned in a public discussion "Where's white history month? It isn't fair!".

Imagine you are a child, with parents who love you and buy you toys. And you love Transformers. You have seven of them, to be exact. You've got Optimus, Megatron... hell, you even have Devestator in there as one of 'em! You're a pretty happy kid!

One of the kids in your neighborhood recently lost his mother and his dad is going through some pretty intense (and expensive) chemotherapy. He doesn't have any Transformers because he can't afford them. He's not quite as happy as you.

But then his birthday comes around, and your parents decide to do something nice for him. "I know!" they say, "We'll buy him a gift!" And they buy him a Transformer.

"WAIT!" you say, "Where's my Transformer?".

"You have seven already, little user, and your birthday isn't for-"

"NO! You bought him a new toy, you have to buy me one too or it isn't fair!"

Your parents exchange a meaningful look. They've raised a child without empathy, and at that moment, their souls die a little bit. The idealistic fire within them has been snuffed out. They've failed the world, each-other, and you.

Who the fuck looks at someone like Steven and thinks "yeah, I totally want to be that overly emotional and effeminate fatty?"

In satirical shows, sure. There are plenty of male characters who are well developed, rational, and genuinely good characters.

Where the fuck did I say Steven universe? Where? you just automatically assumed I'd say that when I hate that whiny bitch. Fuck off nigger.

>Where's white history month? It isn't fair!".
There's like 4 of them.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting white history month to be a thing.

Also, why not also throw in Latin History Month and Asian History Month while we're at it, what makes dindu's more special than them?

>hundreds of pieces of media that cater to empowering boys more than girls since the 50's
>girls started getting shows that empower them and make them feel important rather than a sidekick within the last decade
>"MUH GENDER INEQUALITY!!!"

Fuck off, dude. Boys had people like He-Man and fucking Mr. T to look up to and idolize, they've even made an animated series of the latter and included a white boy as a sidekick so most kids relate with and identify is.

Go back to /r9k/ or whatever shithole you came from.

Where are the seven gender-inverted versions of the OP video?

Boys don't need to be empowered. If you're a boy and don't feel empowered there's just something wrong with you.
White History Month is every Month but February

Other cartoons are even worse.

Wow that analogy is totally offpoint

at least the characters seems fuckable

This is a fucking shitty analogy

This is implying that all white people have much more than black people by the basis of their skin

You really have no idea what Black History Month stands for, do you? You think it's just about black people or some shit? Does giving a month to recognize the efforts and progress black historical figures made to change the United States, and the entire world, for the better hurt your pride or some shit?

I don't even know why I'm bothering with someone as uneducated and ignorant as you, but I at least know that you'll just double down on your backward mentality instead of owning up to your dumbass comments.

Uh... they do? An upper-class black man is more likely to get pulled over and harassed by the police than a lower-class white trash, even if the former drives a nice BMW and the latter drives the most banged up Ram pick-up truck from the late 90's.

Obviously my analogy requires all of America's various races to merge and mutate into a colossal Tetsuo-esque flesh nightmare that enjoys Transformers. Duh.

Because buying Transformers for all kids in the neighborhood would get expensive.

But he's right, the symbolic meaning is sort of undone when it's just singling out black people for the month. White people don't have a month, their historical figures are just celebrated as the years go on.

Where are all the songs about how awesome boys are?
Where are all the episodes where the boys and girls have a competition, and the boys win at everything?
Where are all the messages about "toxic femininity" and the like?
(I could think of other questions, but it would take all day)

YOU might see He-Man and Mr. T as some kind of empowerment symbol. That's your interpretation. At no point have any of those characters' respective media had explicit messages about how boys are superior to girls.

Oh, and
>hundreds of pieces of media that cater to empowering boys more than girls since the 50's

Even if your assertion WAS accurate, real life is not a floating timeline. Today's kids don't have psychological memories of what existed decades ago.

All of this, user. Exactly all of it is right.

It also requires a white history month then for white people to want an extra one because black History month.

Nah, it's just that my country doesn't have black history month

That's circular reason. The analogy would make sense if you were ALREADY proven right, but you aren't.
You're basically saying "white people don't need a white history month because white people don't need a white history month".
I don't even think there should be a white history month, just pointing out the analogy is utterly stupid.

I don't think anyone here is arguing that shit where girls win at everything for being a girl is very good either

You fags literally have 11 months of the year left, why are you so stingy about one month dedicated to people who have faced insane amounts of prejudice for centuries and are still facing prejudice now?

Goddamn.

Boys do not need empowering cartoons because we live in a patriarchal society. They already have the power 99.9 % of the time.

Truly what a horrible evil little monster for wanting a toy.
I hope his parents killed themselves rather than trying to teach him anything. Maybe he'll get lucky and have a friend passive aggressively make a bad analogy in the future.

youtube.com/watch?v=i_j4BlrDO7k

Just keep repeating the same bullshit over and over again until people believe it.

They did. They killed themselves and framed the kid. And do you know who that kid grew up to be?

>trying to use Transformers for race discussion
get out of here Willis before you shit yourself in public again

White peopel didn't had seven white history months nor they asked for an 8th one when black people got theirs, white people have zero white history months, while black people have one, it is unfair and your analogy is shit

You're comparing explicit messages about how girls are awesome, to your personal interpretation of He-Man. They're not the same thing.

>You think it's just about black people or some shit?
THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT
THAT'S WHY IT'S 'BLACK' HISTORY MONTH

You talking about white history month not racial profiling

Also fuck you not every white person is a sociopathic toff

They literally do not.
They figuratively have 11 and that's just inferred by nonwhites who imagine some kind of white circlejerk whenever they leave the room.
It's not unfair no one should have a month and black figures should just be celebrated like they were regular fucking Americans. Just give me a peanut day.

Holy fuck /tumblr/ get the fuck out. I'm SOOO SORRY I'm white. How can i ever repay you- I mean xou. All I wanted from this thread was to see the characters in # fucking each other. That's the old Sup Forums. Now I'm blue-balled and cucked by Gen-Zed cross-posters.

What about Superhero shows and movies ?

Read

Feminists think that men merely existing is patriarchal oppression. It's no surprise this attitude carries over to fictional characters.

>Feminists think that men merely existing is patriarchal oppression
I know that's supposed to be a meme, but it's shockingly accurate. The mere existence of a (perceived) strong male character is equivalent to a song shouting "GIRLS ARE AMAZING AND SUPERIOR!"

>other cartoons are even worse

kek

It isn't fair, and it becomes even less fair with fucks like you doubling down on "BLAME EVIL WHITEY" shit.

you specifically said cartoons you wall staring preschool-tier cunt. it's the same scenario in the case of about 90% productions these days with male characters oftentimes being downplayed in favor of some ninny shitter getting her way through most issues without the least effort.

at least pretend you gauge the important parts of a sentence before you go full white knight, I'm sure even someone like you can pull that off.

When's the last time you saw a kid's cartoon with a brawny main hero?

If there was one, why would it even matter? A character that you happen to like isn't the same as a song, episode or even entire show about how awesome your gender is.

Also... how the fuck did "brawny hero" become associated with male empowerment? The point of empowerment is to subvert stereotypes, not adhere to them as much as possible. By that logic, the overused fairytale princess is "female empowerment".

If it weren't for US's white history of conquering and manifestoing , the minorities wouldn't have the their own months to show that not all white peoples wants to conquer them still

Dave the Barbarian

To that post above with the wall of text and Reditspacing, completely off-topic and not even a good metaphor. not deserving of a bracketed you or quote.

Different user, dude

>the overwhelming majority of the credits is guys
hahahaha

not but answer the question.
Do not reply to this post unless it is to say what is the most recent kid's cartoon with a brawny main hero. As you have already showed a way to stray away from the question here

Fpbp

>Where are all the songs about how awesome boys are?
youtube.com/watch?v=iw1lopxNmVc

Don't worry, I feel and appreciate your loving warmth all the same.

>US's white history of conquring and manifestoing
Bitch, did Europe not exist for the last thousand years?

Both of those have months, May is Asian Pacific American history month and National Hispanic Heritage month is September 15th through October 15th.

A lot.

The reason girls' media feels the need to make a big deal about empowering girls is because most media DOESN'T do that.

They're responding to a need. There isn't a law that says every time someone says something nice about a girl you have to say something nice about a boy or it's somehow sexism. That's edging awfully close to arguing for censorship. "No positive female portrayals without an equally positive male portrayal! Meet all quotas or be punished!"

Instead of begging for media to pander to you, why not create something yourself?

Kind of ironic in that now most ALL media does that now

What's that even supposed to mean?

I'm going to college.

That is OBVIOUSLY supposed to be negative for anyone who isn't tone-blind.

Yeah, according to YOUR INTERPRETATION of what YOU pay attention to, all media is a male power fantasy that teaches patriarchal values to boys.

Personally, I consider the "hulking He-Man" stereotype to be as much "empowering" to boys as the princess stereotype is "empowering" to girls. In fact, your logic would make just as much sense if it was turned the other way around: "it's okay to boast about how boys are superior because girls are ALREADY portrayed as perfect princesses".

There shouldn't be a white history month and there shouldn't be a black history month. When you single out "black history" it just creates a bigger racial divide. Like other people have said, they should just be included in "American History". Are a black person's struggles and achievements more important than someone of another race? If you have to ask yourself constantly if black people are being represented properly in American culture and media then you're probably thinking too much about race and inadvertently creating the divide you're hoping to fix.

Blue Guy did nothing wrong

>here comes this girl
oh shit waddup

>Instead of begging for media to pander to you, why not create something yourself?
I'm actually working on my own pitch. People like you are the reason I decided to remove the token female character from the main cast.

Can i hire you to post food analogies too?

What would white history month actually achieve besides forcing school kids to study more Western Civ material, on top of the majority Western Civ history they're already learning the other 8 months?

On that note, I guess I'd support white history month if it is during summer vacation.

How about as noble an intention as black history month is, it really isn't that meaningful.

Black history is really sub-saharan Africa. It's spent studying the same 3 fucking black americans in grade school.

All it does is reinforce the otherness, it doesn't celebrate diversity, it continues segregation and wastes everyone's time. It's a driving force for a shit load of racism.

This thread was clearly a mistake.

Not in context. The joke was that the girls were at a slumber party being complete bitches to each other, then it cut away to the guys who were just chilling and having a good time without them.

i was hoping for lewds of that show

>the shitty US education system creates racism

Why are people so surprised by this?

Besides, Black History Month wasn't created to be permanent, it was only until the education system was changed to include the accomplishments of black Americans alongside everyone else. Guess why we still have it?

Howard Zinn pls

What did they mean by this?