Finally got around to seeing this movie, and

Finally got around to seeing this movie, and...

...It was better than the first one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CHga6AuHvyU
youtube.com/watch?v=26520P-sDmY
youtube.com/watch?v=4Xy1cpmPNJo
youtube.com/watch?v=UbSJ0HVwpzc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Didn't top Goofy Goober
>Didn't top Now that we're Men
>Didn't top Hasselhoff
>No Ween in the credits
No

It was good but what you said is just stupid

OCEAN MAN

I was actually impressed with how bad it was. It's a meandering mess of stilted jokes aimed well below the age range of even the show.

Sup Forums hates that it has no mermaid waifu.

this The movie was terrible and made me glad i didn't watched it in the theater. I thought that Spongebob creator made the script, if its true then he lost his touch

Lol

fpbp

My problem with it is that it couldnt figure out what the hell it was supposed to be.

>Okay, so post apocalypse bikini bottom, and spongebob has to save the day, didnt the first one do this?
>wait, no, its a time travel movie. Okay that is movie worthy i suppose.
>Getting pretty far into this and we still arent 'out of water' where is all that gay super hero stuff? i thought thats what this movie...
>No wait there it is.
>That gag character at the beginning is actually the main plot point.
>its over.

It was one of the most schizophrenic movies ive ever seen.

I thought the movie was okay. The problem was that it couldn't decide whether it wanted to be a Spongebob and Plankton team up on a time travel adventure movie or a Spongebob and friends go to the real world movie and they tried to do both.

If you haven't seen this movie yet, the live action parts only take up the last 20 minutes and if you were to start watching this movie without having seen the poster, you wouldn't see the live action coming. The plot just changes to it out of nowhere.

It's also one of those movies where the first ten minutes are the best part of the movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=CHga6AuHvyU

Better than the first ? Hell no.
But it is a good movie. Not on par with the first 3 seasons but way better than what the show became.
It's pretty much the SB-129 episode made into a full movie. I'm glad they downplayed the live-action CG shit to focus on the time travel post-apocalyptic stuff.
It's like a PG animated version of The Holy Mountain and I can admire that.
Nothing on par with the first film, not supposed to be any sort of artistic triumph or grand return for the series, just a bizarre and brief return to Spongebob's roots in surrealism and nonsense humor. And it does that really well.

I disagree, but it is surprisingly good. I didn't expect it to be as funny as it was.

TAKE ME BY THE HAND
LEAD ME TO THE LAND
THAT YOU UNDERSTAND

OCEAN MAN
A VOYAGE TO THE CORNER OF THE GLOBE
IS A REAL TRIP

Did you ever see a man with 8 fingers on his hand?

Me and my kids spent the whole time just impatiently waiting for the avengers spoof at the end, from the marketing I thought that was gonna be a big part of the movie, and apparently my kids got that impression as well

Not saying that's what it should have been, they clearly didn't have any material for it, and it didn't go anywhere, but it ruined the movie for me that it was just a 5 min gag.

Also it has none of the charm of the first movie, it's not bad it's just a long episode of Spongebob, the first movie managed to be more than that while not getting aware from it either.

bump

>Someone gave this the OK.

youtube.com/watch?v=26520P-sDmY

I disagree with you op the first movie was so perfect it made me cry

The only good thing was Super Sandy. Hawt.

What the fuck has that retard frog has to do with Week?

That was the only part I legitimately hated.

That was terrible and I enjoy ERB.
If you're going to make a rap battle then at least use characters that aren't literally whos.

OCEAN MAN
THE CRUST OF A TAN MAN
EMBIBED BY THE SAND
SOAKING UP THE THIRST OF THE LAND

>the drying rack scene

I'M A GOOFY GOOBER YEAH

youtube.com/watch?v=4Xy1cpmPNJo

tfw no plankton vs krabs rap battle

While this movie was very good, it did get lose a few points in my eyes because of the shitty live action segments spliced in and the long one at the end. The seagulls were legit cringy and the ending where there turned into super heros seemed to have much lower quality writing. I like pretty much all of the 2D animated bits, but if it just cut out the live action it might actually surpass the original in my eyes. Which is a shame because the live action parts in the original were some of the best bits of that movie. Shell City made me cry and I loved the pirates.

>Tom Kenny wasn't among the pirates

I was disappointed desu

Is Ween supposed to make me sad? I listened to The Mollusk and The Pod and that was the only emotion they elicited out of me

It may not have had Ween, but at least it had Takeshi Terauchi.

youtube.com/watch?v=UbSJ0HVwpzc

YOU'RE a goofy goober...yeah.

tfw that movie also introduced me properly to Twisted Sister

>the ending where there turned into super heros seemed to have much lower quality writing
This
The movie is good
but the live action bits felt unfocused and like they just gave up and resorted to lowest-common-denominator jokes. It's literally SpongeBob and friends dicking around on land until they find the villain.

Let's just take a moment to appreciate what an achievement the first movie really was

>the ending is literally resolved with Spongebob pulling out a guitar and rocking his way to victory

In any other movie this would be completely uncharacteristically stupid. Yet somehow it has become one of the most memorable endings of a movie I have ever seen. How did they do it?

becuase it fits the world perfectly.

Fucking Christ this was in the actual movie?

It was pretty good, but the first one is still better.

After I saw the first movie I just pretended Spongebob was canceled and that was it. For me it ended on a high note and I'd like to keep it that way.

If I were to nitpick, I'd say I wasn't happy with how little they did with the show's supporting characters, what they did with Neptune was weird, and what the fuck was with that Mindy character?

Apart from that, it was a great movie.

>what they did with Neptune was weird

You mean how they changed his appearance?

It was understandable, his old design wouldn't have fit the personality the role called for

I didn't hate it, it was just weird.

>(Trip trip trip trip trip trip)

Better much this
I wanted to get invested in it but I honestly couldn't, it just didn't had any kind of natural flow to it

I liked it well enough, but as says, it really didn't feel like it had much of a point to it overall. It just felt like 4 different SpongeBob episodes held together by a string. 4 really solid episodes, almost reaching the quality of the first few seasons, but it still felt almost schizophrenic at times.

I don't know about those albums but Quebec is actually pretty fucking sad.

>Remember that time we ended an episode with Spongebob randomly singing a rock song?
>Yeah! Everyone loved it
>Let's do it again for the movie

I think in a recent episode they actually brought back Neptune with his old appearance.

t̶e̶s̶t̶