Guardians 2 thread

guardians 2 thread

as someone who loved the first one enough to see it four or five times in the theaters, this was a fucking 5/10 film if i ever saw one. what a disappointment.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JCQVnSOFqfM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What didn't you like about it? I thought it was great.

What was your favorite moment?
For me it was Yondu's buddy shouting YEAH while this was playing it got to me more than I was expecting
youtube.com/watch?v=JCQVnSOFqfM

Star Wars, but Darth Vadar is the Death Star

I liked the beginning more than the rest of the movie.

Also, I want to the mantis

>liking the beginning
What's wrong with you? I thought the beginning was utter trash, went on way longer than it should. The movie only got good when they crashed

Good luck trying to discuss the movie's flaws with all the paid shills that will be frequenting here for weeks.

It was alright. I'd rate it slightly lower than the first(which was just alright too). It got way too cartoony even by MCU standards and alot of jokes and gags went on way too long to the point of being filler(Baby Groot trying to find Yondu's head thing). It also felt like Gunn's heart wasn't into the last act of the film because it just turned into another generic superhero explosion CG fest complete with a Man of Steel fight.

>James Gunn talks a lot about how Nebula and Yondu are now members of the Guardians of the Galaxy
>They aren't members of the Guardians of the Galaxy at all and the roster never changes except now they have to babysit the Autistic Asian Bug.

I thought the film was fun, just didnt care for jokes killing any sort of serious moment the film might of had.

1. buckshot approach to comedy
2. unfocused narrative
3. dragging dragging dragging
4. bad use of callbacks
5. jarring tonal shifts
6. everyone talks about their sad backstory instead of showing it, like a fucking movie should
7. gold people are uncompelling antagonists

you know how i know this movie sucked? on opening night, on the first showing in an american city, not a single person clapped at the end credits

The beginning had more action and humor than half the film.

I'm a sucker for lyrical music complementing action scenes. It's one of the reasons I love Metal Gear Rising so much. Because of this, I completely adored Quill going berserk on Ego while The Chain played.
Come to think of it, for a movie about a team, most of the best action scenes were centered around singular characters, like when Rocket was going around using traps on the Ravagers, or Yondu using his new fin to kill the entire fucking ship.

Yeah, with it killing the tone it was trying to go for
If you constantly need action and humor, watch the other MCU films

Yeah I really do feel like this movie is definitely going to be one of the more forgettable MCU flicks.

I just got out and while I had a good time watching it, I already know that I'm not going to go out of my way to watch it again. It's definitely a 'catch it during a matinee or at the dollar theater' movie.

I liked it, maybe not as much as the first, but not much less either. Flow was a little odd cause there's no clear plot from the beginning, it's really just a convenient misadventure. Some jokes were flat but others were spot on, as much good banter as bad I'd say. Some of the emotional scenes were a little on the nose. Gunn always plays it off with a joke but after more than a few times it becomes rather transparent.

I'd give it a 7. The first one felt more... effortless? Like a breezy, happy accident. This one felt like it tried harder, and tried to do more, but didn't quite hit the mark in every area.

And Kraglin. Maybe he'll turn blue and be the new Yondu. Maybe Yondu's just the entity that lives in the arrow.

Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers
Iron Man
Captain America: Civil War
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Doctor Strange = Ant-Man = Thor = Captain America: The First Avenger
Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2
Iron Man 3
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Iron Man 2
Thor: The Dark World

That's how I would rank them. Don't come at me for thinking Civil War is better than Winter Soldier. Only autists who think they're deep for considering Winter Soldier to be a "political thriller" like Winter Soldier better.

I still put both Guardians at my top but that's cause I'm a sucker for James Gunn and Cosmic Marvel

Think Kraglin is actually a Guardian? If so that's pure nepotism. Fuck Gunn.

Honestly when the first one came out everyone was raving about it but I just thought it was "okay"

This one was great though, I enjoyed it way more. One of the best MCU movies imho.

But thats wrong. Groot welcomed yondu to the guardians of the frickin galaxy

You mean fuckin'?

We're going to have to talk about that mouth of yours

I'm not sure if I will see it or not. I really liked the first one, but Civil War made me realize I was burnt out on MCU movies. That, and 75% of the jokes I've seen in ads are fucking garbage

Let's not forget that one of the jokes is Star-Lord calling Rocket a "trash panda" despite the fact that the earliest known mention of that phrase is 2005.

they literally say "sometimes the thing you're looking for is right by your side"

james gunn pulled that corny fucking line from out of the dumpster and put it in his movie

Likewise bro. Anything that expands on the marvel galaxy instantly tops my list.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier = Captain America: Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy v2
Ant-Man = Iron Man
Captain America: The First Avenger
Dr. Strange
The Avengers
Age of Ultron
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3 = Thor = The Incredible Hulk
Thor: The Dark World

the one that rubbed me the wrong way the most for some reason from the ads was taserface going "IT'S METAPHORICAL" in response to Rocket laughing at his name. It just sounded like a joke from a shitty SNL skit or something

Can someone who's seen it explain Baby Groot's personality? Does he have the mind of a child or is he just small? Because just based off the ads I can't tell since sometimes he was shown fighting a few guys which would lead me to think he still has an "adult" mind but then there's that whole unfunny button scene that was in every commercial that makes him seem like a kid

That felt so good. The dude was the only one who knew how much it meant the other Ravagers gave him a proper funeral.

Actually, I revise my list.
I'm moving Avengers above Dr. Strange.

mind of a child

How could Stan Lee possibly acknowledge being a FedEX driver if this movie takes place in 2014?

>Literally DANCE OFF BRO xDxD the movie
Everyone who liked it should hang himself for having THAT bad taste.

the taserface bit was absolute drivel and it stretched out into infinity, there was no reason to include it

He's literally a baby.

>the taserface bit was absolute drivel and it stretched out into infinity, there was no reason to include it

It wasn't well-written, but Cooper's absolute commitment to being the biggest cunt to everyone in that scene actualyl sold it for me.

Friendly reminder that Mantis is DISGUSTING! DISGUSTING!!

thanks. I would ask if he got annoying but thats probably more subjective

There were so many bits like that in the movie. The one where Rocket asks Meme Lord for tape is another. It was cut perfectly in the trailer because it's short and to the point. The movie however stretches it out for no reason.

>I WOULDNT FUCK HER, WITH YOUR DICK!!! HAHAHA!!!!
Jesus Gunn

She's beautiful.
on the inside

He said mail man, clearly referring to the first F4 movie.

What was your LEAST favorite moment of the movie?
Pacman, it should've been a giant Hasselhoff

Personally I was surprised he wasn't annoying as he could have been. He's such a background character that you forget he's even there at times. When he does get his screentime it's just to entice middle aged moms to buy his toys.

Rocket however really needed to pull back. They turned him up to 11 in this one.

Yeah, Drax' poop was another one, those jokes that went on for so long even jokes in them like Baby Groot bringing a freshly cut thumb.

I just need a groot puke gif.

Fuck off.

Pac-Man was great. It should've been a giant Alyssa Milano tho.

if he wasn't shouting every line in that scene, it would've been salvageable. but because he dedicated himself to being a loud obnoxious cunt, i couldn't have been less interested

hey reddit, got any tape? XD

the scene where drax just felt like vomiting imagining him and mantis having sex is so great, kill me please

MY TURDS ARE NOTORIOUSLY MASSIVE THAN FUCK

HA HA HA HA HA

FUCK YES

Nebula is the Faye of the group. Sometimes she's off doing her own thing but she'll keep coming back.

>. They turned him up to 11 in this one.
That was the point of his character in the movie, dude.

Fuck me that would've been even better

the one bit of comedy that worked for me, because it had contrast

rocket, sean gunn, and yondu are tripping balls and their faces are going tex avery, and then, without saying a word, baby groot open mouth pukes

why did every other joke feel they needed to be blaring at full volume to be heard?

>forgetting the haphazard music choices
The first film's use of 70s music worked because the songs fit each scene they were in. This film didn't, the songs felt forced in their use. I think they just got some intern's Spotify playlist and shoved it into the film. Other than The Chain and Mr Blue Sky I can't remember a single fucking song that they used.

the only difference is that Faye liked the Bebop and it's crew and actually helped them whereas Nebula is just an angsty bitch who only wants to help herself.

>Its a "Drax makes the Guardians celebrate one of his holidays" episode
>Everyone has to sit through one of his sex stories while they eat whatever the hell he just killed

And they even cut the soup bit, and kept the penis joke, I liked Drax was the one who asked how Quill's mom managed to be fucked by a planet.

You can't remember Flashlight from Parliament?

this shit was my fave part, I was stoned tho

Honestly if you have a weekday off or somthing or if your theater has Discount Tuesdays, then I would hold off on it.

Pacman was literally THE ONLY ONE good moment in the whole this trash. Name something in this movie which is not cliche meme garbage for plebs.

>"Is there ANYONE on this ship that isnt socially retarded!?"

Fuck you the part with "Father and Son" was great

You can tell the animators had fun.

probably the whole TASERFACE joke, Bradley Cooper sort of made it work by going full asshole but its still bad, but I gotta admit that the payoff of the joke when TASERFACER calls the sovereign was great.

I'm gonna make some WEIRD SHIT

Peter himself and maybe Gamora.

the entire bit could've been salvaged if the sovereign receptionist had just snickered

why laugh that fucking loud at a name?

>tfw no gotg2 outtake like this

Some of the jokes went on for too long and there was more filler than needed, but I honestly felt that this film was both funnier and more touching than the first.

that's true, although they were supposed to be autistic assholes so it kinda worked for me

>"the hide's just as thick from the inside"

Was Gunn getting in a dig at Whedon's first Avengers film?

Probably not but I couldn't help thinking it.

Damn.

I'm still mad they Ronan was a shitty one off villain, especially now that they're going full Cosmic with the MCU. Though half the Annihilators are tied with Fox.

It made me laugh especially hard because when I was in grade school there was this retarded kid that would always stand up and get everyone's attention then just casually throw up exactly like that.

If anyone can make a gif of that please do so I can laugh forever.

shit, I was expecting liking Mantis but now I'm a filthy waifufag for her!!

Filthy is right.
How can you love such a disgusting, ugly person?

Mantis is my pet-fu.

Didn't you know? ugly is the new cute from now on, user.

I will admit, her and Drax laughing was cute

That was probably my least favorite Marvel movie so far.

The story was just so predictable and boring. The dialogue and the jokes were fine, but the plot was so cookie cutter.

Also, what was the point of Stallone? They could have put any cheap actor in that role.

With all that said, I visibly lost my shit at the Zune part.

It was fun, but inorganic. The plot was a bit bizarre and bounced around too much, to many character arcs and stuff that didn't have time to build and grow naturally. The humor was funny at times and full out insulting at other times. Good character moments and visually it was amazing.

Overall it's like a 6-7/10 though. It wasn't as good as the first one by any stretch.

that doesn't mean it was handled effectively

But it was. Rocket's arc was the best in the movie.

Ah, Sup Forumsntrarianism kicks in.

possibly the best use of a zune in cinema

that's why i'm so middle of the road on this movie. when it works it's enjoyable, but when it doesn't it's infuriating

>Also, what was the point of Stallone? They could have put any cheap actor in that role.

he will return obviously

this.

>that part where Drax lets Mantis caress Rocket and he bites her
I never knew bullying could be this cute.

>pre-murrikan release comfy threads are gone
>now every single GotG thread will be filled with PAC MAN, BRO!
Welp.

sorry my opinion ruined ur comfy :-(

>1. buckshot approach to comedy
explain

throwing 10 jokes at the screen, seeing that 2 land, and calling it a win

like trying to hit a target with a scattergun

It's okay, I don't believe you anyway. :3

It's called rapid-fire comedy, not buckshot.

At least get the terms right.

I'd swap Avengers and Iron Man but other than that this is pretty much my list.

Sup Forums in space, you should be happy about that.

i was referring to the percentage success of the writing, not the pace that it was delivered, buddy

those are two separate categories

>TV SHOWS LMAO
>AHHAAHAHAHAH EXPLANATION OF OBVIOUS THINGS HAHAHAAHA
>I CAN'T INTO EMOTIONS LMAO
>I'M SPECIAL AND RUDE BUT WANT TO BE LOVED
>I'M GROOT xDxD
>MY SISTER WAS TORTURED BECAUSE OF ME BUT I WAS YOUNG IT'S OKAY LETS BE FRIENDS
>REEEEEEEEEEEE....OK
>DUDE I KILLED YOUR MOM LMAO LET ME SAY THAT FOR NO REASON
>DUDE I WASN'T BAD AT ALL I JUST WANTED TO SAVE YOU AND SOME FIRE SHOW LMAO
God fucking damnit.

lmfao oh that's right

ego just told peter flat out like it was nothing. i love this movie, i love kurt russel, kill me now