Season 2

What went wrong?

not Lovecraftian enough

Only ep 7. Everything else was fine.

What happened in Ep 7?

No mystery, no tension, just turned into slightly boring characters bumbling around for 10 episodes or whatever

why dont you watch and find out faggot

Too much shit going on. A focus on too many stories at once.

>All of episode 7
>Fragmenting the core group of kids and having them too spread out
>Literally trying to get people nostalgic for things that happened in season 1 by damn near recreating them beat for beat.

That's about it though, it was fine. It didn't have that "out of nowhere" punch that season 1 had, we knew what we were all getting into.

It could have done more to have government baddies in play. I'm not sure how I feel that the organization in season 1 was some kind of splinter group without higher ups knowing what they were up to, there should have/would have been top down knowledge of these experiments and it's kind of dumb that they're working with everyone now.

This. Most of the time there wasn't any reason to care. Only Bob was able to draw me in. Everyone else was a worse version of themselves from S1.

11 goes to Chicago in search of another girl who was an experimental test subject. While it added room for 11 to learn and improve her powers the tone of the episode was night and day compared to others, and plot wise it added very little to the already padded out season.

It was the episode where 11 meets 8 in the city
merry christmas

They didn't commit to Dark Side 11.

Yeah that was some filler tier material.

Overall it just wasn't as interesting as season one.. I'm not saying it was bad, it was merely alright

hate how they kept the kids separated for pretty much the whole season. otherwise it was a worthy followup

I thought the whole pour gasoline on the roots and light it on fire seemed stupid simple. I liked how season 1 dealt with kids confused as fuck what to do with 11

Not enough based froggo

>you will never be that guy who gets paid to incinerate shit with a flamethrower
what the fuck am i doing with my life

he's gonna die in s3

Especially since, in the first season, the monster seemed to be impervious to bullets.

antifa squad

This. Everything else was great.

Money outweighed creativity. Netflix's idea of keeping their content appealing is dumping bags of cash on anyone who creates a hit show with them, and shouting "DO THAT AGAIN" at them. So the creators are dragging it out for as long as possible, which is coming to an end sooner than they expected because the child actors are racing through puberty. It's an entire season dedicated to filler. Shows like this and Dark which release on Netflix are doomed to burn brightly at first then immediately drop into utter shit territory, because Netflix doesn't understand the creative aspect of these shows, they think they can just throw money at people and expect the same results.

looks like thor ragnarok's poster

>DO THAT AGAIN
They actually did new things and didn't quite work out like ep7. Also the creators said the want to do only 4 seasons, a big maybe for a 5th. And S3 has already been delayed until 2019 to ensure quality.

I'd argue that the Duffers haven't run out of ideas for Stranger Things quite just yet, but this season did feel a bit like filler... we never even got a true confrontation with that giant monster.

Netflix does like the shotgun approach, which creates some great hits on occasion. The problem with their methodology is that creators can spend a decade or more with an idea in their head and then finally get the opportunity to film it. Then when they're tasked with following up... they're spent.

Same thing happened with Neill Blomkamp, District 9 was a story he fleshed out over the course of years in his head and it was phenomenal, but everything since then has been mediocre at best because he's creatively bankrupt.

boring show propped up by forced marketing, normie memes, social pressure and pedophilia

>character moves thing with mind
>has a nosebleed
very original
bravo duffers

>Plot was a slower less interesting retread of Season 1
>redhead and her brother added NOTHING to the plot
>Will is in trouble... again
>we need 11 to save us...again
>episode 7

But at least it had
>based Steve

Max and her stepbro added nothing. Pointless characters.

I liked Bob. What a shame.

>I can be your Zoomer
>That's not a thing
>Yes it is
YAAAAAASSS KWEEN SLAAAAY

S2 was more character driven than plot. Billy was there to be an antagonist to Steve and give him his redemption arc. Max was there to show that the boys are growing up and are starting to care about girls.

Should have been more shady government stuff. It's almost like they just gave up searching for eleven.

Don't they think she's dead?

It was only supposed to be one season with th ose fucking cunts.

Steve didn't need a redemption arc. He redeemed himself in season 1 already

up until the point where she and hopper walked up to paul reiser, yeah

What the FUCK was Billy's problem? It's like he was bred from birth to be an absolute asshole.

I hope they will recast her, she has gotten so ugly than she doesn’t fit the role anymore

Cali nigga should have joined them instead if trying to kill them would have added more clout in the tunnels thsn fucking steve

By the end of S1 he was just not an asshole in S2 he became a total bro. Supposedly he was going to be written out but the creators liked the actor so much they kept him around.

>fuck I hate women welp time to jack off again to a Hollywood actress with a MAGA hat shooped on her head

>killing the only likeable kid in the show
It’s like they want to ensure the cancellation of the show

you replied to the wrong post

>she has gotten so ugly
Don't bully millie user I will fight you to the death.

>time to jack off again to a Hollywood actress with a MAGA hat shooped on her head
where the hell did you get this from

Nothing mattered aside from Will losing the parasite and Eleven closing the gate

Why didn't you protect him Sup Forums?

yeah meant this guy

Millie is going to defeat cthlulu in s3 cause Netflix and the duffer bros can't lose their money maker

you're either playing stupid or this is your first day on this board

Finn is a better actor than Noah, but he got much less screen time and relatable plots. There was also no sense of peril for the main characters, made apparent when Samwise got dogged. It became kind of obvious that all the main characters were going to live.

everything else was the fucking same as season 1 they didnt do any fucking thing new and we still have no clue wtf is gong on we are in the same place we was in season 1

>HEY REMEMBER THIS SONG!?
>HEY REMEMBER ARCADES!?
>HEY REMEMBER THAT HAIRCUT!?
>HEY, HERE'S SOME INTERRACIAL ROMANCE! AV CLUB WILL RATE US HIGHER NOW!
>HEY PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT SHITTY CGI MONSTERS IN S1!? OKAY, HERE'S A FUCKLOAD MORE!
>WHY DOESN'T THE GOVERNMENT KILL WITNESSES!? I DUNNO. FUCK IT!

What’s with the pedos obsessed with her? I got nausea just by looking at her face

Hey the music is still good.

Nah it's probably gonna be steve or jonothan. They wouldn't kill off one of the three main characters like that.

You don't choose your waifu user, your waifu chooses you.

She is all big now. Into the trash.

I think the show writers probably hate him, he’s gotten so much more popular than the other kids even when they keep snubbing him

S3 11 is gonna look great. She'll have longer hair, she'll have those small sized buds, and I'm not holding my breath but hopefully there will be some tummy.

same things that went wrong with the shitty first season

it's trite. what little interesting mystery there was was immediately spoiled, and like the other user said
>can move things with mind
>nosebleed
jesus

not only that but
>kids solving problems
no matter what happens we all know the script was written by graduates with creative writing degrees or some shit. kids don't solve problems. they're retarded.

90% of the season was filler or stuff I couldn't give two shits about, which is a step down from the first season where 60% of it was filler or stuff I couldn't give two shits about.

>can move things with mind
>nosebleed
I absolutely fail to see how this is a valid criticism.
>kids solving problems
It's fiction user, and it draws heavily from IT, Goonies, ET, etc.. did you ever watch that stuff?

I mean yeah everybody knows kids are retarded, the thing is nobody would consume fiction with retarded kids in any form

This is now the new Millie thread since the dumb janies deleted the other one.

no you faggot

It has a good setup and good last act but the middle is dull and spins it wheels too much.

most of the season repeats the same scenes
>will has a vision and gets worse
>dustin enables what is clearly a monster
>eleven is edgy and breaks Hopper's rules

Nancy/Jonathan's story is fanservice tangentially related to the main plot, Max and Billy are largely pointless characters, and the "big bad" of the season is a complete letdown - we barely know what it looks like or what it actually is and it's defeated pretty easily. I guess they're continuing that thread in season 3 but when they gave so little to work with this season I'm not all that interested in seeing it in the next.

Bob and Dr. Owens were good additions but Bob was wasted - likable plot fodder that was killed off way too soon. And speaking of wasted characters, I think Steve is kind of wasted too - most of the time he's essentially just driving around the kids.

As for episode 7, I actually prefer it to a large portion of the season. Sure, it broke the tension of the main story by separating episodes 6 and 8, and it's weird tonally but it's at least entertaining where the rest of the season is a slog.

It's not a bad season but this time it's one of those shows you multitask while watching.

too late

Why do you have to spam this disgusting tranny face everywhere? It’s hard to look to at.

new Millie thread? new Millie thread

>11's episode
>the pacing in general
>the new chick being pointless
>the fat meme kid keeping an animal obviously from the upside down
>slow mo fat guy dying
Those parts stuck out the most to me

I legit haven't posted her in about two weeks. I took a break from Sup Forums due to all the Star Wars trash. I'm not the only Milliebro here.

This kid has aged so old and ugly compared to the other kids, puberty ain’t kind to him

I have now made it my life purpose to shill for Millie. I'll do anything for her.

Your kind isn’t welcome here, go kill yourself or something

I consider myself to be above you pedo scum. But I would. Hard. Impregnate and marry. I'd be dead when she lost her looks desu.

>him

Episode 7 was so bad, but the new characters weren’t even that bad, that kid who plays Eleven was the worst part of it, her acting was fucking cringeworthy

Jesus Will stop getting captured all the time.

i think “it” is the more fitting pronoun as a matter of fact

Stop spamming this ugly tranny and kill yourselves, pedofucks.

Demogiraffe confirmed for season 3?

Millie is petty you pleb

because he ate the fucking cat

MODS = GODS

>i'm not a pedo but i would have sex with that child
lmao what the fuck

I hope MBB sees what you people say about her and commits suicide

Let the true Queen reign, baby

who is this

the true Queen you newfag

Boner Moner

Slut

>Sophia

I too, enjoy Sophia.

fucking hell

I too, enjoy Sophia.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>Ryder
>Wolfhard
>Schnapp

What did you expect?

I liked it for the most part, but I'm already tired of:

-The writers shitting on Steve.
-Jonathan
-Nancy
-Joyce being up Will's ass

Hopper, Steve and the kids are what carries the show. Joyce and the rest are dead weight.