Is this show worth watching for adults who've never seen it...

Is this show worth watching for adults who've never seen it? It's ranked among the best animated shows on every list I see and even best overall shows on IMDb. No I'm not asking the manchildren at Sup Forumsmbler.

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/zqmrki.webm
my.mixtape.moe/vczerp.webm
youtu.be/J8-8XDw5RfU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No

It's the only cartoon show I grew up with and can still watch, not counting stuff like The Simpsons, Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes, etc. As a "Saturday morning cartoon," it's brilliant.

If you like batman then it's worth a watch
Most episodes are good as an adult but some seem very kiddy

If you have been on Sup Forums for two months or longer you already know the answer to this question, which leads me to believe: a) you came straight from reddit, or b) you are making a dumb thread just for the (You)'s.

Either way kill yourself.

The first 20 or so episodes are a kids show, then it suddenly shifts it's tone to a much darker side the rest of the series. I'd skip to the episode right after "I've got batman in my basement"

It's has '90s cartoon syndrome': a very good first season but significantly drops in quality the following seasons. So you're better off just watching the first 28 episodes and then stopping.

THEY KILL CAPTAIN CLOWN

What. most of the early show is full of shit like "Christmas With The Joker". I think most people agree that it gets better as it goes on.

I haven't watched it since I was a kid, but it's certainly something I'd consider watching if I had the time

batman sucks unless you are an edgy tween, so NO

Heart of Ice is unironically animated-kino

It's quite good. It's hard for me to say though as I grew up with it (and all its subsequent spin-offs). All I will say is that it was one of the few shows I watched as a kid that was even better than I remembered when I checked it out again as an adult.

this

Mask of the Phantasm is better than the series itself. The show has some stellar episodes that you should definitely watch, but it also has a lot more stinkers than most remember

The cast and character design are excellent
The Art Deco art style is very atmospheric, as is the score
However, there’s little to no serialisation or continuity, and thus, not much in the way of character arcs or development
It’s very much a kid’s show’s too
Also, I don’t rate Conroy as Batman. He’s not got a lot of emotional range and can’t convincingly convey anger or rage or even grief - his acting is very laboured, and his Bruce/Batman voices sound very contrived
Tbh, I’d watch the 10 best episodes and Mask of the Phantasm, but only if you have any enthusiasm at all to Batman

i can't wait to pirate the blu ray when it comes out

Look up lists of best episodes. It's pretty uneven but the best episodes are really nice. Great aesthetics and clever concepts.

didn't this premiere in prime-time?

It's only worth watching if you had fond memories of it as a kid. You will not like it now.

Yes, just watched it. It's aged much better than other 90's cartoons (even though I liked X-Men and Spiderman animated series more as a kid, Batman had better animation)

this is seriously so good

It holds up. Compare it to the Marvel series around the same time or even the other DC shows and it's leagues better as far as the writing and direction goes. Seasons 1 & 2 probably have the bulk of the best episodes, but with 1 they were still finding their footing. Season 3 is decent and season 4 has its moments, but it went through a dramatic revamp in terms of character traits and designs. Pretty much the only thing that's better are a few of the women's redesigns and Jeffrey Combs as Scarecrow with design by Mike Mignola.

>The Simpsons, Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes

No, it's DC, so it is total shit
You should know better by now

Not gonna lie some episodes are kind of boring/lame but when it's good it's really good

I think it did but I might be remembering it wrong. I feel like I watched On Leather Wings on a Sunday night. Before the Simpsons maybe? Or Simpsons could have been on Thursday nights at that point in time.

Pilot episodes almost always have the best animation, but that's insanely well done.

how do you not watch this show? growing up in somalia? or are we at a point were people born after 9/11 or something post on this website?

got some bad news for you user...

It's so boring. He literally wins every episode not even 1994 xmen or spiderman did that. zero story arcs just endless filler like samurai jack.

Yeah, with the Cat & The Claw episode. I don't know why since it was like the 8th episode they produced. I guess they wanted to open with a two parter.

>Christmas With The Joker".

That's one of the best episodes. I'm going to watch it tomorrow.

>a very good first season but significantly drops in quality the following seasons.

Dude there were 65 episodes for the first season alone. If you're complaining that only 65 episodes of a show is good then that makes it 10x better than shows that have 10 seasons of 10 episodes.

The episodes are numbered in the wrong order.
Best to research the proper order to watch them or it'll feel disjointed.

It's capeshit, what do you think? Best cartoon capeshit for sure.

Avatar The Last Airbender and Samurai Jack are still the best cartoons.

The show is incredible in season one (except I got batman in my basement), season 2 is still great. The villains origins are amazing.
And Mask of the phamtasm is probably the best batman movie of the 90's.

>The show is incredible in season one (except I got batman in my basement)

Why does everyone hate on that episode so much? It's fun if you watch it as Home Alone meets the Penguin.

Yeah, I think so. I wouldn't watch every episode but I would watch the "top 5" episodes to see if you like it. Most episodes are one-off episodes anyways so it doesn't matter where you start.

t. youtube/twitchtard generation baby

What the fuck is wrong with Tom and Jerry faggot?

Its kino as kino can be

no. it is a cartoon for children. do something more worthwhile with your time.

this

it's fun, but does not fit BTAS style.

Yes, it's fantastic.

Don't even listen to the people qualifying this with
>Well it gets good after episode 20
or
>Err there are like ten great episodes.

Watch it all. It's all good. There are highs and lows but you need to appreciate the overall scope of what this was.
It was the first superhero cartoon to take its audience seriously.
The one-off episodes were as well-written as Twilight Zone eps or something. They did a great job. You'll find yourself asking "Was this written for 10yos in 1992 or 40yos in 1952?" because the storytelling is so classic.

Grey Ghost episode was great stuff.

my.mixtape.moe/zqmrki.webm
my.mixtape.moe/vczerp.webm

He's never seen it probably. I can still tune in to an old t&j episode and laugh my ass off. The soundtrack, animation, character designs and humor are perfect. It's a timeless show.

is it coming out on blu ray? Watching it on Amazon Prime, the resolution is pretty low... enough to annoy.

I loved it back in the day, but honestly it hasn't aged all that well.

the x-men animated series was superior so just watch that

Avatar sucks. Samurai Jack is great for the most part, but everything after episode 3 of Season 5 is just disappointment after disappointment and a rushed mess.

Beyond > BTAS

I was in my 20's living in New York when this originally aired. Everyone fucking watched it. Kids, teenagers, adults, older faggots. It's unironically kino, the story telling is tremendous at times, the character design and setting is in a league of its own, and the voice acting has never been surpassed.

X-Men was good but had ADD editing. There was no breathing room. Spiderman was even worse.

Beyond is great, it's not quite as good as BTAS, but it comes close a times. I really appreciate what they did when it came to developing a futuristic version of Gotham, while still being able to maintain the look of Gotham. It's also the only show in the history of anything where the sountrack was primarily electronic and (nu)metal, and absolutely worked.

Going from BTAS, Mask of the Phantasm, to Beyond, and then to the Return of the Joker is the proper order to attain maximal kino.

Batman the brave and the bold is better, desu. It really captures what Batman is all about.

No, it captures Silver Age Batman perfectly. Silver Age is so far removed from the rest of the Batman you may as well be saying that Batman Odyssey is an accurate representation of the character's evolution.

Tom & jerry is repetitve stale garbage, everyone knows that popeye and the looney toons are the cornerstone of western animation

Bat Beyond is literally the reason the word kino was created in the first place

This
Only retards could enjoy watching that shit over and over again

Where may i get this?

Watch it. Some episodes delve into the characterizations of batman/Bruce Wayne far better than any of the Batman comics/Dark Knight films. Also Poison Ivy is best girl.

>the Babs and Bruce fucking subplot
>the Ivy and Harley fucking subplot
>the Supergirl panty shot

kino

gay retards

i just remember the artist is rodolfo reyes - your best bet is ebay because it was released in 2014, meaning the limited run was sold out either that same day or week

So...only gay retards like Tom and Jerry?

I prefer this origin to anything else.

youtu.be/J8-8XDw5RfU

>it's fun if you watch it as
why do autists say this stupid shit?

That's a lie. Girls don't fart.