Whats your favourite Luke

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Episode VIII's nephew murderer Luke.

I like the Luke that is okay with child murder

Milk-gatherer/drinker Luke.

he's not though?

from a pure entertainment point, it's murderer Luke from Episode 8. It just blows my mind to think they thought they could get away with this

I could see the milk scene working in a quirky way in a different version of the film, but him drinking it was too much

Unironically, VIII turns Luke from a whiny proto-Chad into a man with humble beginnings who made himself a Legend for the sake of the galaxy.

VIII - Deadman/Forceghost

Bigger Luke
Also Luuke

big Luke

Last Jedi luke to be quite perfectly wholesomely honest senpai

Get with the times, gramps. Hamill has already confirmed Bigger Luke's real name is Jake Skywalker.

He wanted to, despite it being a complete 180° on his character.

Chimo Luke.

Thanks disney...

Luke "Solid" Skywalker. Guest starring Vader as "Solidus" and Rey Silverburgh.

Luuuke>Luuke

everyone who says the last jedis luke is lying to themselves. Our boy was taken from us, humiliated and slain. My favorite is farm boy luke after seeing TLJ, the idealistic adventurous kid with a good heart. How could he turn into that bitch nigga in TLJ? Poor Mark Hamill too.
youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U

I fucked keked everytime they showed axe murderer Luke

he let the dark side get the better of him for a fraction of a second, which is 100% in line with his character

The only time Luke is tempted by the dark side was when he was beating his father senseless in the most dangerous and pivotal fight in this life. Striking down his nephew while he is sleeping is 100% out of character.

Not for anybody who watched Return of the Jedi. It wasn't a spur of the moment thing; he had a long time to contemplate this decision. Luke wanted to kill his potentially evil nephew despite going out of his way to save his evil father.

he attacks both the emperor and his father out of pure rage, striking down his nephew while he is sleeping is 100% out of character, yes, that's why he didn't do it, but for a second he wanted to

If you could kill Baby Hitler, would you?

Jedi's who can literally feel the battle between good and evil in the universe. It seems likely that the hero jedi who just overthrew the most oppressive and evil empire in the universe wouldn't think of being a child murderer for a second. Not every hero needs to be edgy and conflicted.

> he had a long time to contemplate this decision.

did you watch the fucking movie? he was looking into Ben's mind and realized that he had already been totally corrupted, and for a split second he was like "end it now", then realized that was a dumbass thing to think

No, i wouldnt

>How could he turn into that bitch nigga in TLJ?
The rest of the galaxy did exactly the same thing you're doing to him. They built him up to be more than he is and forgot he was just a dude with a strong sense of justice and some spooky powers. When he fucked up, he felt he let the whole galaxy down, and realized retiring the man before any further mistakes could be made would ensure the legend would live on without any further tarnish. His self exile was a heroic act in and of itself.

No?

I'd rather not commit infanticide.

>striking down his nephew while he is sleeping is 100% out of character, yes, that's why he didn't do it, but for a second he wanted to

Hence why he would never consider it, because he rejected that notion in RotJ.

> Not every hero needs to be edgy and conflicted.

No, but good heroes need to be imperfect. Don't you contrarian retards sperg out about Rey all day? And yet here we have a hero who fucks up, for a split second, and you still whine.

Just fuck off already.

Seriously, VI

Ironically, VIII because milkies and child murder are a hilarious direction to take his character

Retarded shit, 90s born disneyfag shill.

Or they could have just not written that and this discussion would never exist. But we live in a world where the kikes will never let a real hero exist again.

I'd resurrect Hitler if I could

>They built him up to be more than he is and forgot he was just a dude with a strong sense of justice and some spooky powers.
Luke before having any powers above being able to talk to to uncle ben he blew up the mother fucking death star by himself. No one is putting Luke up on a pedestal, he is a true fucking hero in the SW universe.

user are you honestly telling me you've never done something really retarded then been like, "wow, wtf was I thinking, that was really retarded"

luke had that moment, it's just that in luke's world those decisions can have catastrophic consquences

Pre car accident Luke.

I guess Knight Luke, followed by Farm Boy Luke.

His name is Jake "Lloyd" Skywalker, you pleb He still goes by Bigger Luke though.

He said it was instinctual because of the terrifying potential of Kylo and was ashamed by it, which you would know if you had seen the movie.

ouch man, definitely ouch. Everything just falls apart. Even in fantasy.

>disney makes their employees work on Christmas Day

not an argument

>wahh rey is a mary sue
>wahh luke isn't perfect

the absolute state of Sup Forums

No one has a instant "gut" reaction to killing a family member in their sleep unless they are already psychopathic or already far down the path of evil.

I can honestly tell you that I have never contemplated MURDERING someone to the point that I was seconds away from committing the act. Ever.

Fucking kill yourself. It was shit writing because "subverting expectations" is fucking retarded.

not an argument

Why is Jake up there with Luke? wtf

Fuck yourself. Luke went though many trials. Rey is just a dumb cunt who had everything handed to her with no effort on her part

*tips*

>by himself
*after being saved from certain death by Han Solo 20 seconds before. See, you're literally, not figuratively, doing it right now.

luke remembers what the empire did, he remembers how the jedi failed to act, like the other user said, if hitler was your nephew and you knew he what he might do, for a split second would you think about killing him?

not an arugment

>had everything handed to her
>spent at least a decade in a wasteland teaching herself skills

luke also had the whole bloodline thing going for him

you're literally retarded

thanks for playing, better luck next time

Lol, look how angry people get when you tell them Jesus occassionally had to take a shit.

We had 3 fucking movies of imperfect luke. Shit I would be fine with what they did to luke if that hack fucking piece of shit rain didn't kill him for no reason at the end. Maybe then a good writer could have actually given audiences what they waited 30 fucking years for you kike.

By that logic you better thank the X-Wing manufacturer and the xwing tech that loaded his xwing up with photon missiles. Get a grip dude.

>We had 3 fucking movies of imperfect luke.

and he was a great character because of it. What you think he'd just become perfect over the next few decades?

> kill him for no reason at the end

have you ever watched a star wars movie? he's not dead you remedial fuck, han's dead, luke's gonna be back

>if hitler
Kylo is not Hitler, anyone that brings up the argument "id kill baby hitler" is lying and or a psycopath.

It's okay to admit your heroes are human. If you can't, maybe you're more in love with the idea of a hero than the hero himself.

>>wahh rey is a mary sue
>>wahh luke isn't perfect

Things I didn't fucking say you nigger. The absolute state of contrarian faggots

you're reading what you want to see, now what I'm saying, so there's really no point in continuing this discussion with you

ANH Luke is the primest of prime twinks.

>real heroes are perfect
>fucking rey REEEEEE

also I liked the movie, and the movie is popular with the majority of people, learn the definition of words before calling people contrarian please, thanks

If I had a split second thought of killing a family member if I knew they could become something awful. Yes.

Would I hover over them with a weapon drawn while having that sime split second thought? No.

Mark Hamill disagrees with how Luke is written in the movie and he was proved right because Luke is terribly written in TLJ.

Luke had several days of training with Yoda, and he still lost to Vader handedly. Rey had no training whatsoever, but managed to inexplicably defeat Kylo Ren, who at least a decade of training. It doesn't matter if he was injured; Rey has NO experience fighting with a light saber

This shit is further unjustifiable with The Last Jedi, where Rey defeats several elite guards despite, again, having ZERO experience with a light saber. That is just bad writing. The conflict is between Rey and Kylo, but she kicked his ass already. Where is the drama? Where is the tension?

Binary Suns Luke.

>Go to a nice restaurant
>Order the surf and turf
>A Mcdouble and a fish fillet are dropped in front of you
>"wow this meal is just as satisfying because although the quality is shit compared to what I wanted it gets a pass because it subverted my expectations"

Kill yourself nigger.

If you knew a family member was on a path where they would kill billions and undo most of what you'd spent your life defending, there's not a chance in he'll you'd not try and stop them. Honestly, the fact that Luke resisted the urge is more out of character than having the urge is the first place is.

The only explanation for Rey's ability is the fact that she was trained, had her memories wiped and replaced with something else. Because the fact that she got no saber training from Luke, then proceeds to thrown down against elite guards that even a healthy Kylo can barely handles speaks volumes to the feminist idea that is rife throughout the movie.

"The Force is female" is real.

>food analogy
Too soon, man. I'm still having fun.

1, luke was already hovering over him, 2, luke was seeing some fucked up visions and just reacted, his reaction was natural and then his jedi training kicked in

>Mark Hamill disagrees with how Luke is written

Hamill is admittedly not a fan of Star Wars, so I'm not gonna suck his dick over his opinions

>Rey had no training whatsoever

besides the decade of training in the desert

>inexplicably
>It doesn't matter if he was injured

interesting

>rey has NO experience fighting with a light saber

it's just a sword but more dangerous, we know she can kick ass with her staff

>Rey defeats several elite guards despite, again, having ZERO experience with a light saber.

you're repeating yourself based on the same faulty logic

>The conflict is between Rey and Kylo, but she kicked his ass already

when he had a kidney missing, and had just killed his father (which, we learned, split his spirit according to snoke).

>Where is the drama? Where is the tension?

Wondering what happens next. How will the conflict resolve. You know, shit my 10 year old cousin could understand but somehow is going way over your brainlet head

This isn't about how I or you would handle it. Its how Luke would handle it, stop projecting your own thoughts to a character that has already had his morals and thoughts firmly cemented 30 years ago.

Lol. I would have whispered to lil Adolph to be nicer to the Russians and wait to turn on the Arabs till later.

>and he was a great character because of it. What you think he'd just become perfect over the next few decades?

I'd expect him not to fucking die on an island after running away from all the problems he created when he tried to murder his fucking nephew you retard.

Luke would absolutely value the lives of billions over the potential of a true evil. Don't forget the Death Star hadn't been evacuated, nor Jabba's Barge, or the countless enemy craft he shot down.

>the movie is popular

Your mickey mouse hat might be a bit tight for you faggot, this movie is falling fast and reactions are overwhelmingly negative.

What was he thinking?

You see the difference between the death star crew, jabbas crew etc. They had already carried out their nefarious deeds. Ben had simply the possibility of carrying out evil and Luke was ready to strike him down while he slept. Out of character and its in line with what Disney whats to do with Star Wars.

The legend of Luke could do the galaxy far better good than a single person could. The longer he stuck around, the greater the potential for making mistakes, and the greater danger he put the legend in.

>not to fucking die

good news he didn't die, he's one with the force, he'll be back, some research for you to learn more about this topic: episodes V and VI

>running away from all the problems

which he came back to and fought head on and sacrificed his body for

>he tried to murder his fucking nephew

he did not

get out of your echo chamber you cultist, the movie is making shitloads of money and the majority of any rating website is positive reviews

>Luke would absolutely value the lives of billions over the potential of a true evil
Is that why he handed himself over to vader instead of killing him?

neet luke

Rey has no moral dilemmas. She has no mistakes in judgment. Luke fucked up in The Empire Strikes Back. He was inexperienced and it showed. In Return of The Jedi, he showed glimpses of turning to The Dark Side.

Rey has no development whatsoever. She doesn't need training; give her a light saber at the beginning of The Force Awakens, and she still manages to wreck everybody in a fight, despite having no training. No matter how naturally gifted one is at something, they can't just dominate in a certain area despite having zero experience. I could be the best basketball player ever (unlikely), but I would never beat LeBron James one on one despite never picking up a basketball.

There were plenty of slaves on Jabba's barge, and I imagine rebel POWs on the Death Stat.

Some pretty high level conjecture there lad.

Why does the newest luke have the worst looking costume

He thought Vader could be turned. He also thought that of Kylo up to the very moment in question, when he searched deep inside.

Farmboy Luke was pre Jedi Brainwashing. Imagine how great of a Sith he could have made if he was convinced the Empire did nothing wrong. Father and Son overthrow the Emperor and rule the Galaxy.

Imagine if Vader redpilled Luke about the Jedi. How they controlled the republic through mutual fear of their power. How they recruited literal children and made them into warriors and brainwashed them with religious mumbo jumbo. At least the Sith dealt mostly with people who are old enough to make decisions for themselves. Or maybe enlighten Luke as to what a Rebellion really is, terrorists, and how broken the time of the Republic was.

>That Robin kid from Game of Thrones got nothing on me, Suck it, loser!

>She has no mistakes in judgment.

she thought Kylo could be turned

>manages to wreck everybody in a fight, despite having no training.

she had training, she was self-taught and likely got into plenty of fights

>despite never picking up a basketball.

your analogy is retarded for the reasons I outlined above

Tlj sucked, but I unironically prefer VIII

Tlj sucked but not because of hermit Luke, that was a great idea. I fucking came when the "its time for the Jedi to end" trailer came out.

toss up between farmboy and knight, although the memes are pretty good for master

>Easiest 100 million paycheck I've ever gotten

You do remember Leia and the dancers? Was there music on the barge because you can probably add a full band to the list of innocents who were collateral damage.

>The legend of Luke could do the galaxy far better good than a single person could. The longer he stuck around, the greater the potential for making mistakes, and the greater danger he put the legend in.

Or write a better story that doesn't "deconstruct" popular characters

good news he didn't die, he's one with the force
Good news hes not dead! Hes just dead!

Continue with the conjecture senpai. It doesn't help your argument at all.

>if he was convinced the Empire did nothing wrong.
Daddy force-choking inept underlings to death will surely go a long way of convincing him of that. Truly, the Empire are the good guys.

You're very convincing, user.

>it's just a sword but more dangerous, we know she can kick ass with her staff

A sword is not a staff, you fucking idiot. And being self-trained with a staff doesn't explain how Rey is able to out-perform both Kylo Ren and the Praetorian guards, despite not fighting with her given weapon.

Why should I suspend disbelief in this instance? Rey has next to no training in The Last Jedi, but she is a fucking master with a light saber? How does that make sense?

Maybe if you had submitted your spec script on time they would have considered something you would finally have been happy with.

I'm not sending a rebuttal so I might as well.