Armond White DESTROYS The Shape of Water

>The Shape of Water is this year’s most offensive queer exploitation. Del Toro’s sexual analogies begin with Sally Hawkins masturbating to an egg-timer. It’s a metaphor for fanboy adolescence—a key to the film’s story of repression and oppression that turns into bestiality, literally a wet dream that sentimentalizes gayness.

>Elisa’s romance with an amphibious creature called the Asset by government scientists during the film’s Cold War-era setting, recalls the ‘80s monster movie parody Swamp Thing. Happy about fucking a virtual fish, Elisa cries, “He doesn’t see what I lack. He takes me for what I am.” Yet, her use of the word “lack” is not semiotic lingo but part of del Toro’s clueless idea that queerness is a deficiency.

>Even when del Toro shifts into a disruptive musical fantasy sequence where mute Elisa sings, he lacks the camp sense to make the irony powerful rather than corny. His sci-fi twerpiness takes the gay affinity for movie culture (the transference of hidden emotion that Terence Davies uses so effectively in The Long Day Closes) and gets it wrong. Elisa sings “You’ll Never Know,” the same Alice Faye tune that Martin Scorsese used in Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore in his contrast of traditional pop culture to rock 'n' roll revolution. But del Toro rolls back gay pop insight.

>There’s no revolution when these movies use queerness to prop up rickety, formulaic stories. Separating gays from the rest of humanity, simply by highlighting oppression is unhelpful. Del Toro’s “minority” characters are threatened by a typical white racist hetero male (Frankensteinian Michael Shannon, seen brutally fucking his submissive wife) which merely flips another oppressive cliché. It’s ironic for an era that pretends to champion diversity. We can no longer afford to see our opponent as evil without examining the humanity we share. These sexual fantasy movies exploit queerness for cheap thrills.

Del Cuck BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/k9eph-UuMZE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's this autistic gay nigger upset about now?

Nobody cares about the opinion of some nobody nigger.

He's right you know

hahahah meme reviewer guy utterly DESTROTYS movie hahaha

fuck off with le contrarian nigger . He is a joke with no real insight

This dude is such a dishonest piece of shit, i hate how the panders to retarded contrarians and mentaly impotent cuckservatives that legit hate that a degenerate like him even exists.

Reminder that this movie is a RIP OFF

youtu.be/k9eph-UuMZE

Del Toro is a hack.

>movie is critically well-received
>armond hates it

wow who could have predicted this

mah nigga, i Thought he was just a Contrarian but I do share his same opinion on the shit of water.
Definitely, Del toro worst film along with Pacific Rim.

>But del Toro rolls back gay pop insight.

what does this even mean

This "review" is scarcely coherent

Thanks, brainlet

Meanwhile, in the real world, Prof. Armond White literally teaches film classes at Columbia, an Ivy League university

But sure, brainlets like you who find his incisive critiques “too challenging” just call him “a nigger”. Fuck off

>movie is critically acclaimed
>even Armond White likes it
>only one person disliked it
Guess the movie

It literally reads like a fail pasta.

armond phoned this one in

Literally fucking perfect. The movie is literally everything wrong with modern liberalism

>Armond White
I've never heard of this guy. Just checked his social media and this nigga is raging! I hates everything, is as if he's the essence of Sup Forums

I forget this guy exists.
Thanks for the laugh OP.

Imagine being so far gone that you think homosexuality is a good thing that needs to be positively portrayed in Hollywood movies and completely write off that movies that try to portray it positively but do so in a way not to your satisfaction. Shut like this is the thing that convinced me of the doctrine of Sodomite reprobatation.

*exhales*
>I need a fucking gay fish man picture!

go back